• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Yang Hyun Suk said, "The creativeness and their perfect blend have created the best results. Unlike paintings or other works of art, pop culture content such as music and movies are impossible to created by just one person. You also need a great producer, a talented artist, and great MV staff for music. I believe the most important part of spreading Korean Hallyu is through awesome content created from singers and creative staff that can know what everyone is thinking just by their gaze."
Huh, so what about Fantastic Baby? Why is this basic and boring MV getting this praise?

ramyeon

CL's crap is exactly why I'm scared for Akdong.
You think they're going to be breaking out rap with acoustic guitar over dubstep?

YG's creative direction may be questionable but he doesn't exercise that much influence over groups he didn't create.

YG has reduced YB to MV cameos :(
tumblr_mnhotw6GAu1qblw3lo1_250.gif

Ym1r

You think they're going to be breaking out rap with acoustic guitar over dubstep?

YG's creative direction may be questionable but he doesn't exercise that much influence over groups he didn't create.

It's always in the back of my mind that something is going to happen to them. I mean, when you go to an agency you adopt their style, and all of YG has been certainly weird for the past few years now. I know Akdong is like, polar opposite to what YG has been doing and probably sees that, but how do you know they won't start totally normal, and then devolve into something else, that's going to be in my mind forever.

If they went to JYP, their stuff would have been laced with production from the man himself, and if they went to SM, I think they definitely could have worked decently well there, just probably overworked.

YG, I hope to freakin' God, as an Atheist, that he doesn't ruin them and bring them into the direction he has been bringing the entire family.

ramyeon

It's always in the back of my mind that something is going to happen to them. I mean, when you go to an agency you adopt their style, and all of YG has been certainly weird for the past few years now. I know Akdong is like, polar opposite to what YG has been doing and probably sees that, but how do you know they won't start totally normal, and then devolve into something else, that's going to be in my mind forever.

If they went to JYP, their stuff would have been laced with production from the man himself, and if they went to SM, I think they definitely could have worked decently well there, just probably overworked.

YG, I hope to freakin' God, as an Atheist, that he doesn't ruin them and bring them into the direction he has been bringing the entire family.
JYP and SM both would have changed their style more I assure you. In fact, they don't even fit in with SM or JYP end of story.

Tablo released an amazing solo album on YG that is nothing like the "YG Family Style". The monster that was Epik High's album was their own doing: not YG's.

I get it, I've been a huge fan of Akdong since their audition, but you're basing your fears off of Big Bang and 2NE1 which are both YG's own creations, that's why they have that style.

Even during Kpop Star 2, whenever YG casted and worked with Akdong he was the only of the 3 judges that left EVERYTHING up to them. He even said on multiple occassions that there was nothing he could do for them besides buy them good dinners.

vanty

Who would have thought CL's looks would be better than the song... At least she got the "I wish I was GD" thing done in a solo and not fucked up a 2NE1 comeback with it.

Stuff of dreams really.

Indeed. Now if Sica or Seobby was part of this slap parade, I'd be in heaven.

Anyway, I watched CL's new vid on mute. Wow, first off... she looks really good in the vid... good lord, dem legs are amazing.

But other than that, YG's stylists need to be sent to the hood and see that even the lowly hoodrats don't dress up like this anymore. The amount of 90's clothing was making me think this was a failed Tupac tribute or some shit. It's awful.

Also, the song is indeed terrible. I put it on mute as soon as she got in the car and the song started lol.

Indeed. Now if Sica or Seobby was part of this slap parade, I'd be in heaven.

Anyway, I watched CL's new vid on mute. Wow, first off... she looks really good in the vid... good lord, dem legs are amazing.

But other than that, YG's stylists need to be sent to the hood and see that even the lowly hoodrats don't dress up like this anymore. The amount of 90's clothing was making me think this was a failed Tupac tribute or some shit. It's awful.

Also, the song is indeed terrible. I put it on mute as soon as she got in the car and the song started lol.

The stylist most have some pics on Papa YG. This trend they started adapting in 2012 is embarrassing.

Pendulum

Forgettable, and the beat is so dreary.

RAINBOW(레인보우) - 레인보우 신드롬 PART 2 teaser (Orange)
http://youtu.be/OhuzLCSC7K8?hd=1

Overalls? Overalls?

Looks like I'll be getting around to watching my first episode of Barefoot Friends.

-----

Some pics of T-ara N4 with people they didn't perform with.

tumblr_mnhsqcJBx41qlvs5wo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnhsmoAV6U1qlvs5wo1_500.jpg

luso

Awooooooo!
Awoooo..?
That's it, I'm going back into the matrix.

CL - 나쁜 기집애 (THE BADDEST FEMALE) M/V (already posted by ramyeon but for new page i guess)
http://youtu.be/7LP4foN3Xs4?hd=1

It's not my type of music, but song is shit.

-_________-

did 120210 SBS Salamander Guru and the Gang with tae ever get eng subs
I can't find it anywhere :*(

Soshisubs didn't, maybe some other freelancer but I think you can find some clips of it.

roaSone

CL's song is ridiculous. I feel like it's a female version GD but without his swag. So poor...
Sera's song seems good, but I really don't like her voice. Why such a low-pitched voice, she has a high pitched one with 9M, I'm kinda lost there..
I don't feel Rainbow's one too.

Not a good day for Kpop.

No No Eul

The new design has an entire article preview take up the whole screen, so you end up scrolling way too much. I can't even open individual pages in a new tab or have the back button work properly, but it could be Adblock.

Can you not right click and open a link in a new tab that way? That at least still works in Firefox, even if middle clicking is disabled.

RAINBOW(레인보우) - 레인보우 신드롬 PART 2 teaser (Orange)
http://youtu.be/OhuzLCSC7K8?hd=1

There's a distinct lack of dragon tattoos in that teaser.

It could be worse I suppose?

Pendulum

It could be worse I suppose?

Kara had better overalls.

KARA+-MR.jpg

------

Jiyeon returned to Seoul alone. Apparently a staff member lost a bag in the US airport, and N4 split up to find it and only Jiyeon was on the plane when it was time to leave (presumably travel documents for the other 3 member and some staff were in that bag). No defections from South Korea. Yet.

luso

Each time things couldn't be more wrecked, additional shit happens.
At least they are leaving USA and Chris Brown behind...

And apparently Eunjung said "The city is so hot" at the end of pool performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom