• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

i3psJSYB73scW.gif

I refuse to accept Tiffany #2 over Sica.

We already knew you had weird tastes tho ramy.

Peru

If there's one bullshit manouvre SM does over and over again it's the phony pre-order numbers. If it sells 300k in its first week I'll change my avatar to Chris Brown.

No No Eul

Girl's Day gwiyomi chicken. 1 2 3

Perfect.

Not bad. Not bad at all, although it's a bit of a shame that the bright, summery MV appears to have been filmed on a grey, overcast day.

Chris Brown's Twitter said:
Thank U T-ara N4 for spending Memorial Day wit me. @BigU1 @Damuer @coremidas I wanna see Korea soon!

jiyeon-black&white.gif

lol

If he does turn up in Korea, I hope egg-throwing guy is there to greet him at the airport.

Interview with KyuHyun, YoonA, Sulli (Entertainment Weekly / 2013.05.30)

130529 의정부 위문열차 NS윤지 직캠 - If you love me by Spinel

@_______________________________________________@

This group is still terrible.

Surprisingly, 'My Daughter Lee SooYoung' has 43 episodes IIRC, and they are holding pretty well so far.

My Daughter Seoyoung is 50 episodes long. Aside from the bullshit message that family is great that Koreans love, I really enjoyed it. I love Lee Boyoung. While she's not a in your face beauty like Shin Se Kyung or Moon Chae Won, I still find her really beautiful. Also, her voice is sexy.

If there's one bullshit manouvre SM does over and over again it's the phony pre-order numbers. If it sells 300k in its first week I'll change my avatar to Chris Brown.

Please don't do that. I don't wanna have to go around posting his picture when I rate shoes.

DSP should release all Pandora remixes, sogood.gif

That was soooo much better than the original. Have they only used it for this performance?

Pendulum

That was soooo much better than the original. Have they only used it for this performance?

They seem to have done a new remix per concert performance ever since late last year, once the comeback stages were done. I liked this one, and still want a copy of the MBC(?) Gayo one.

Jessica's voice is for the connoisseurs. Fine wine to Tiffany's soda pop.

Lol wat.

Unlike the general consensus, I actually like Sica's voice, but I disagree with this statement.

I think the biggest reason why most hate Sica's voice is coz she doesn't know how to control it well. To put it in a simple analogy, her voice is like a dam that's about to break, one slight push will cause the thing to fall apart. That's the thing with Sica, she'll push her voice for some more and more often than not, she overshoots it.

But, that's the thing I love about her singing though. It's fantastically raw and it's really nice to listen to it coz it adds an extra layer of emotion imo.

Fany on the other hand, her voice isn't perfect either, but she's able to 90% control her voice and I think that's why you think it's "soda pop" because it lacks emotion by being on point. She tries to hard to bring out that remaining 10% by forcing the emotions, and it doesn't really work... it'll often come out as a weak vibrato or it'll just fall flat.

But Taeyeon though, man... that girl can sing. She has that rawness that Sica has and that perfect voice control that Fany seeks. Put that together and it's pretty much the perfect package.

Also, obligatory best Taeyeon and Fany performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ciaYedC8Q

2:45 and on with Taeng singing, I still get chills everytime I hear that part...

I'd honestly put Taeyeon with Ailee in a tie as the best in this current crop of K-Pop singers. Both have their own "shtick" if you will in regards to singing style, but they're really great to listen to.

ramyeon

I'm sorry but unless you're using the term Kpop in place of "Korean Girl Group Idol Singers" Taeyeon is not even near the best, and I love Taeyeon.

Exercise

Neo Member
You guys are all insane. Seohyun is a solid number 2 behind Taeyeon, followed by Tiffany. Jessica is number 4 and then Sunny is 5.

roaSone

Seohyun improved a lot, but she's still a bit behind her sisters. Sunny has potential too. But the top 3 will remain for a long time still.

Thank you jongkookie, got the chills back aswell, and it's not the first time I listen to this, far from it.

Selane

You guys are all insane. Seohyun is a solid number 2 behind Taeyeon, followed by Tiffany. Jessica is number 4 and then Sunny is 5.

Yeah, Seohyun is usually the one singing during choruses with Taeyeon, and during special stages and such they make her sing half the difficult parts(which she does perfectly), and she never gets any credit.

edit: also as the only person in this thread(apparently) that doesn't have a Tiffany or Taeyeon avatar, at least I'm being slightly objective here. I pretty much hate Taeyeon but I have no problem saying that she's the best singer out of the bunch.

edit2: now that I think about it why the hell is every snsd avatar in here one of those two? Maybe whatshisname(hyogre avatar guy) deserved more respect that I thought...

Seobby is definitely improving, and she definitely does a lot of the harmonies and all that stuff, but she's never really had a chance to show off her voice like the other 3.

There's a saying that I've heard a lot from professional vocalists: "It doesn't matter if you're singing the second part, it means you're not good enough to lead the entire choir."

I'm not saying this necessarily applies to Seobby, but that there's a bit of truth in this statement.

edit2: now that I think about it why the hell is every snsd avatar in here one of those two? Maybe whatshisname(hyogre avatar guy) deserved more respect that I thought...

Lol were you here during Fany's failed first pitch at the Dodgers game a couple of weeks back?

It all started as a joke between most of the Fany stans in the thread, but it stuck. Afaik, me, milk and ash still have it on haha.

JKTrix

As GAF's #1 Seohyun fan I can admit that charisma is her weakest aspect. Watching her *try*, though (compared to the days of stone face, dead eyes anyway), is often amusing.
150184_429378037155625_1062983652_n.png

neoism

I like Girls' Generation and I don't give a FUCK.

3t4gURi.gif

:D

<3
You're not alone. I can name all nine with my eyes closed i am a full on fan.
I like Tiffany and Taeyeon
snsd_tiffany_____the_boys_____gif_by_teklaa-d4c3bx6.gif

Taeyeon+SNSD+Girls%2527+Generation+Zooming+in+Goddess+GIF+%25283%2529.gif

EXOs leaked album is quite solid minus two songs.

tae fo lif
ibsl2iAwMD23L.gif

Er really? I find her voice annoying.
personally shes # 9 for me shes really annoying, but I cant lie she is really gorgeous... though. She's just soo lazy as a memba. Jess does have a great face though. I would say fany is a better singer, with Tae of course being the best..

lol no

tried to find the eng subs but this is what I wanted.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW8jNzZ0AD8 shes better the jess though, better than Fany lol shaqpoint.gif

catmincer

It also made me realise I still don't know which one is Sohyun and which one is Jihyun because they have no presence at all.

Yus, Jiyoon is good too!

p.s Cube can I haz more 2Yoon plz?

giri

It also made me realise I still don't know which one is Sohyun and which one is Jihyun because they have no presence at all.

Jihyun/Namji is the long haired brunette not gayoon

Seohyun is the short haired bruentte not jiyoon. (wearing the sailor outfit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom