• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangeroo

What's weird about dressing up like a Wendy's burger?

jbdCctGCfIFNs0.JPG

Hani has a weird face, but that's my pov.

Her nose drags her down a little. Still gorgeous though. But my #1 in EXID is Junghwa.

On another topic, I was watching this and it made me sad.

Heart to Heart

Pre-skeletor Gayoon was so much more attractive. :(

Nah. She's way too pretty these days. I think I've said this earlier, but I hope she did plastic surgery, so she can gain all that weight back, and still be that beautiful.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I want more 2Yoon too, but I am worried that 24/7 didn't do that well to warrant another comeback. The album had so many better songs too...
hyuna's change mv that was uploaded after 2yoon has a lot more views than them. #flop

edit: and hyuna's what's your name teaser, lollll

giri

I want more 2Yoon too, but I am worried that 24/7 didn't do that well to warrant another comeback. The album had so many better songs too...

24/7 was arguably the weakest song on the album. But probably the second best.

4minute do it again.

Always promote the wrong song on the album.

Whilst OC is busy hating

4minute - Huh

Oof. So damn good.

vanty

It also made me realise I still don't know which one is Sohyun and which one is Jihyun because they have no presence at all.

Yus, Jiyoon is good too!

p.s Cube can I haz more 2Yoon plz?

I know of 4minute as:

Hyuna
"One who has/had short hair"
"Ugly"
"One with large breasts you can notice sometimes"
"Is there another one or only four?"

Two things:

1. I need to transfer to Sogang University. Idk if it was just the editing, but gotdamn... so many qt's at that uni!! Does anybody know if they have an international student transfer program?!

2. The latest RM ep is probably one of the funniest I've seen in a while. The 1st race with Kwang Soo and the cookie, I almost busted my gut laughing at that scene. That really was the best part of the ep.

ramyeon

Two things:

1. I need to transfer to Sogang University. Idk if it was just the editing, but gotdamn... so many qt's at that uni!! Does anybody know if they have an international student transfer program?!

2. The latest RM ep is probably one of the funniest I've seen in a while. The 1st race with Kwang Soo and the cookie, I almost busted my gut laughing at that scene. That really was the best part of the ep.
Sounds like a solid reason to go to a university.

Sounds like a solid reason to go to a university.

My post was pretty much sarcasm but, save that for somebody who's just starting out university.

I've been in school for 3+ years, switched my major 3 times... biggest thing I've learned from all this, the quality of your education is what YOU make of it. If you think that going to college means instant learning, thereby, instantly knowing said topic, you're totally deluding yourself. Showing up to class doesn't mean shit if you don't understand the knowledge the instructor is passing on to you. And you can't blame the professor for being shitty when you don't wanna learn the subject material anyway, but if you do love the material, then you're gonna go on your own and learn it yourself. Otherwise, you're going to college for all the wrong reasons and you should just switch majors or drop out.

Deadly, ask your friend if the school has an international summer program or something. I know a bunch of universities do these things, and I wouldn't mind spending my entire summer down there in SK learning about stuff and obviously to hit on some girls as well haha.

ramyeon

My post was pretty much sarcasm but, save that for somebody who's just starting out university.

I've been in school for 3+ years, switched my major 3 times... biggest thing I've learned from all this, the quality of your education is what YOU make of it. If you think that going to college means instant learning, thereby, instantly knowing said topic, you're totally deluding yourself. Showing up to class doesn't mean shit if you don't understand the knowledge the instructor is passing on to you. And you can't blame the professor for being shitty when you don't wanna learn the subject material anyway, but if you do love the material, then you're gonna go on your own and learn it yourself. Otherwise, you're going to college for all the wrong reasons and you should just switch majors or drop out.

Deadly, ask your friend if the school has an international summer program or something. I know a bunch of universities do these things, and I wouldn't mind spending my entire summer down there in SK learning about stuff and obviously to hit on some girls as well haha.
No need to be defensive, of course your only reason wouldn't be good looking girls but if you write that someone's gonna say something lol.

I've been in University for 4 years now too, 1 year of which was spent in Korean University and it's a great experience if you're going for the right reasons.

Sogang has a language program that runs over Summer and is quite renowned. Not sure about actual exchange or transfer programs but you can usually transfer credit from the language programs to your major as electives if it's relevant.

No need to be defensive, of course your only reason wouldn't be good looking girls but if you write that someone's gonna say something lol.

I've been in University for 4 years now too, 1 year of which was spent in Korean University and it's a great experience if you're going for the right reasons.

Sogang has a language program that runs over Summer and is quite renowned. Not sure about actual exchange or transfer programs but you can usually transfer credit from the language programs to your major as electives if it's relevant.

Ah, I thought your post was also sarcastic but I couldn't really see that thanks to these words. So I guess I'll call it an preemptive strike before someone does say something about it haha.

And yeah, I've actually been interested in some abroad studies or something similar. I had a chance to go to France a couple of years ago when I took French with one of my exes lol. I didn't go because it was only my first semester of French and the language was pretty damn hard to learn. Fncking conjugations killed me in that class. -___-

Hrmm, I'll try to look at it sometime and see their program. I've gotta take 3 semesters of any foreign language and I'm doing Spanish instead as it would make my resume more enticing here in Texas. But my university does offer Korean as a language class and I'd definitely take it if it had any use to my Radio/TV degree but I don't see a use for it unless I actually move myself out to Korea and live there.

Besides, both Ailee and Fany can speak perfect English so communication shouldn't be a problem for us hahaha.

ramyeon

Ah, I thought your post was also sarcastic but I couldn't really see that thanks to these words. So I guess I'll call it an preemptive strike before someone does say something about it haha.

And yeah, I've actually been interested in some abroad studies or something similar. I had a chance to go to France a couple of years ago when I took French with one of my exes lol. I didn't go because it was only my first semester of French and the language was pretty damn hard to learn. Fncking conjugations killed me in that class. -___-

Hrmm, I'll try to look at it sometime and see their program. I've gotta take 3 semesters of any foreign language and I'm doing Spanish instead as it would make my resume more enticing here in Texas. But my university does offer Korean as a language class and I'd definitely take it if it had any use to my Radio/TV degree but I don't see a use for it unless I actually move myself out to Korea and live there.

Besides, both Ailee and Fany can speak perfect English so communication shouldn't be a problem for us hahaha.
Yeah French seems horrible, my friend took it and just him trying to explain the grammar to me was confusing enough.

At the end of the day investing time in a language you can't use isn't worth it indeed, and the problem with summer programs is they aren't really long or intensive enough to make much progress beyond basics if you're just starting out.

I know there are definitely programs in Yonsei (Where I went) for transfer programs and whatnot where you don't need any Korean knowledge and don't need to take classes in language. Not sure about the process involved or cost involved though since I went through an exchange program with my home university, but it could be something to look into.

NyoRx

I really enjoy the direction in Kim Ki Duk's films. This one is a fair bit less visual and more literal than a lot of his other stuff, but still the construction of it is quite interesting. Basically you start off with this couple who are for all intents and purposes, very happy with each other. In the scenes when they're together they're happy but there's a seed of jealousy planted in Sehee's mind and she can't really control it, she becomes obsessive and very possessive of Jiwoo and that's what leads to the story.
Edit: As a testament to how good this movie is, I've gone back and edited this post about 4 or 5 times adding new stuff I think about after leaving and coming back. The thing is, this isn't even one of Kim Ki Duk's finest.

I just watched it and wow. You said some things that I never really thought of. Didn't catch the 'cycle' part but it totally makes sense.

Mind suggesting what you think is Kim Ki Duk's best works are?

luso

I remember 4minute debut time and I still don't know relating their names and faces, apart from Hyuna and Gayoon. And also, are they 5 or 4?

I just watched it and wow. You said some things that I never really thought of. Didn't catch the 'cycle' part but it totally makes sense.

I saw most movies only once, apart from Spring, Summer, Autumn and Spring that saw twice, and it was some time ago... recommended! Besides his very latest works, I have yet to watch The Isle, Address Unknown and Real Fiction.

But if you liked Time, you can start from Spring... up to Dream. 3-Iron and Samaria are good.
His works before Spring... has a different feeling, more rawness, I can't define it well, his stories are more violent and with genuine people although you can easily find common themes such as alienated/outcasted people as characters. Bad Guy, Birdcage Inn and The Coast Guard are examples of that, I'm sure The Isle is also on that direction.

French doesn't seem that hard. German grammar was annoying.

Would like to catch up on French but without classes will not be so easy. Had it in middle school, I still remember some stuff (I was a C student...) and I can understand partially some of it but besides that, don't have real speech skills. You people learning Spanish, how easy is to switch to Portuguese?

ramyeon

Time is a lot more... "wordy" than most of his other movies, which have a pretty significant lack of dialogue. So I wouldn't expect all of his movies to be like that.

3-Iron and Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring are probably his most well known and are both fantastic. Earlier stuff like The Isle is also good. Samaria, Dream, Pieta are also all great watches.

A large amount of his filmography is above average to excellent. Just a word of warning though that there is some difficult content in a lot of his movies. Extreme violence does occur in some scenes and is often a cathartic release for the characters involved, so it's not gratuitous but a few of his movies are notoriously difficult to watch (The Isle in particular comes to mind and there were some pretty harsh scenes in the recent Pieta as well).

vanty

French doesn't seem that hard. German grammar was annoying.
I'm just casually learning French using Duolingo and it seems much easier than any other language I've taken on in the past. German needs to learn to use the space bar 5x more often before I'd even consider ever learning it ahah.

Peru

I never really learned English grammar as grammar, just started consuming English material as a kid and in school I sort of knew what sounded right. It's full of exceptions and 'you just have to memorize what's right' shit though, so doing it purely the classroom way is probably tiresome.

For English learners Japanese and Korean are supposed to be among the hardest. Norwegian is pretty similar to English grammar-wise so I suppose it's the same for us. Chinese is easier, the grammar is more similar to European languages, but of course the reading and the pronunciation will be difficult.

I started looking at Japanese a couple of weeks ago and as I'm studying the basic grammar I'm very happy to know a bit of Korean. The same concepts are more or less all there.

ramyeon

Isn't English stupid to learn.? I remember reading that English and Japanese were the hardest.
English would definitely be among the hardest but I would find it hard to believe Japanese is harder than Chinese. I picked Japanese up really easily while Chinese is just ridiculously difficult from a written and spoken point of view, regardless of the grammar being more similar to English than Japanese and Korean.

People often think Japanese is confusing due to 3 alphabets but it really isn't and the two basic alphabets are easy to learn, easy to differentiate and pronunciation doesn't change between them.

Peru

When did you start with Japanese though?
Have you done Kanji?

There are only five languages in the highest difficulty tier of the American army, and they are
Arabic (all varieties)
Cantonese
Mandarin
Japanese
Korean

http://aboutworldlanguages.com/language-difficulty

Although the site seems to be a bit confused, saying this about the last category:

In all five languages, a primary factor is the difficulty of learning the writing system.

Hangul makes everything much easier of course.

ramyeon

When did you start with Japanese though?
Have you done Kanji?

There are only five languages in the highest difficulty tier of the American army, and they are
Arabic (all varieties)
Cantonese
Mandarin
Japanese
Korean

http://aboutworldlanguages.com/language-difficulty

Although the site seems to be a bit confused, saying this about the last category:

Hangul makes everything much easier of course.
Started Japanese in 10th grade, went to high school in Japan for 1 year and picked up most of it there though. Yeah I know kanji but kanji in Japanese is much simpler than in traditional Chinese, and of course less frequent as it isn't the only alphabet.

Japanese is easier to read than hangul. Koreans use hanja so rarely these days whereas in Japanese the subject, object and verb are almost always written in kanji so you can basically skim read and know what a sentence is about without reading each individual character.

Of course it's harder to write, although not that bad with frequent use. The problem is that hand writing is so rare in the digital age that even Japanese people forget how to properly write some kanji. Typing on cell phones and computers makes kanji infinitely easier.

Peru

High school in JP?? Didn't know.

Well I'm planning on jumping right into kanji this summer, all 2000+ glorious characters of it.

To be honest I haven't found Korean too difficult, but the luxury of studying it more or less full-time for half a year helps.

ramyeon

High school in JP?? Didn't know.

Well I'm planning on jumping right into kanji this summer, all 2000+ glorious characters of it.

To be honest I haven't found Korean too difficult, but the luxury of studying it more or less full-time for half a year helps.
Yeah I went to high school in Kyoto for a gap year after graduating high school in Australia. Best age to learn a language I think, it came really naturally. Knowing Japanese and going into Korean makes it really easy as the grammar is essentially identical and tonnes of vocab derived from Chinese are similar or identical to the Japanese Chinese reading of kanji (the main issue with kanji is there is often several different readings of each character in combination with other kanji or hiragana).

Ico

The biggest difficulties for me when I was learning Japanese were getting used to the sentence structure and getting a sense of when to use or omit certain words (in Japanese, words are often omitted if the meaning can still be understood without them). It took a while to develop natural sentence patterns but it always seemed that people who already knew Korean were able to pick up those nuances (as well as a lot of vocabulary) a lot quicker.

ramyeon

The biggest difficulties for me when I was learning Japanese were getting used to the sentence structure and getting a sense of when to use or omit certain words (in Japanese, words are often omitted if the meaning can still be understood without them). It took a while to develop natural sentence patterns but it always seemed that people who already knew Korean were able to pick up those nuances (as well as a lot of vocabulary) a lot quicker.
Yeah it works vice versa as well. The nuances and structure of the two languages is extremely similar. I think the omition of words etc is why a lot of foreigners who learn Japanese or Korean sound awkward or unnatural and very "text book". Once I understood Japanese well enough it was really fun to play with sentence structure and speak with more of my own personality, especially since I learnt Kansaiben.

ramyeon

Acoustic Collabo are great. Been a Busker Busker fan since their audition on Superstar K, their popularity after that show is no joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom