• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

So what are some of you guys worst examples of intro engl(r)ish in K-pop songs?

Personally, i find the Konami Conference english in HuH-4Minute horrible. Basically ruins the edginess the song tries accomplish.

The intro song to Teen Tops album No1 is also terrible, not that it is engrish, its just repulsive in the same way Brave Brothers intros to Sistar are.

Seriously, what is the deal with Sistars sleezy EDM dudebro intros?

Basically, the only english in Kpop i can handle is Big Bangs or 2NE1.

Worst offender though :Wonder Girls - Act Cool (worst song ever btw...kinda shows how delusional JYP is nowdays)

Also, just need to say that im extremely dissapointed at Davichis comeback album. Talk about snoozefest. Could they not put in, a single, non-lullaby ballade in? First Kiss wa like their best song ever.

Btw, regarding, fan meetings, im sure there are a ton of idols hatin it. Especially one of the guys in Teen Top...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP4Yelqg9w8

so awkward
Act Cool is fine. There are a lot if examples of delusional JYP but that album is one of the finest kpop idol albums this decade. And Lim can actually speak English and has a really good accent so...

The new Davichi was great. If you're not into ballads you're listening to the group.

milkham

AReed

Celestial Goddess Taeng for High Cut

tumblr_mo00hqvT2q1qgg3v7o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo00hqvT2q1qgg3v7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo00hqvT2q1qgg3v7o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo00hqvT2q1qgg3v7o4_1280.jpg

beatsan

Neo Member
lol yeah shit is getting funny at this point never really liked crayon poop though

Sadness. I'm not jumping ship tho. I'll blame the label for going back to tracksuits though (if they do, havent seen the video). Seriously, is the label that poor? Do like YG and make some shit up at least. I remember 2NE1 were glue-ing whatever they could find to their outfits.

I'll wait and see what the full song sounds like, but so far what I heard doesn't give me a lot of hope. Gimme strength.

Celestial Goddess Taeng for High Cut

Truly

ramyeon

Sadness. I'm not jumping ship tho. I'll blame the label for going back to tracksuits though (if they do, havent seen the video). Seriously, is the label that poor? Do like YG and make some shit up at least. I remember 2NE1 were glue-ing whatever they could find to their outfits.

I'll wait and see what the full song sounds like, but so far what I heard doesn't give me a lot of hope. Gimme strength.

Truly
Except it's always been really expensive designer shit. YG has never been poor.

And yeah, I don't doubt that their label is indeed that poor.

beatsan

Neo Member
Except it's always been really expensive designer shit. YG has never been poor.

And yeah, I don't doubt that their label is indeed that poor.

Lacking creativity. YG had money but they added their own flair. Chrome should at the very least get a bit more creative. Tracksuits were cool for CP. I really liked them, but it's time to move on.

More than anything I feel bad for the girls. I wonder what they think of the tracksuits at this point. Nonetheless, I bet they are grateful tho...being rookies and all.

BTW: I'm not putting YG on a pedestal for fashion. We all know how questionable that can be lol

ramyeon

Lacking creativity. YG had money but they added their own flair. Chrome should at the very least get a bit more creative. Tracksuits were cool for CP. I really liked them, but it's time to move on.

More than anything I feel bad for the girls. I wonder what they think of the tracksuits at this point. Nonetheless, I bet they are grateful tho...being rookies and all.

BTW: I'm not putting YG on a pedestal for fashion. We all know how questionable that can be lol
I think at this point it's become their concept and people actually like them for being "poor idols", but I don't believe the tracksuit is going to be their uniform for this single. There were a few other teasers with an equally bad gold shiny jacket and sunglasses.

Edit: These ones

inOacKGAlKbsb.jpg

These match the first teaser which was just a sketch of their legs with stockings on lol.

beatsan

Neo Member
I think at this point it's become their concept and people actually like them for being "poor idols", but I don't believe the tracksuit is going to be their uniform for this single. There were a few other teasers with an equally bad gold shiny jacket and sunglasses.

These match the first teaser which was just a sketch of their legs with stockings on lol.

Yeah. I remember those. Didn't want to mention them myself cause I don't know what to make of them lol

Not too bad. Might like the chorus if it sounds like that teaser's 0:19 sec mark

giri

Kara worked a lot harder to get where they are, even being known as the economical idols.

ramyeon

Kara worked a lot harder to get where they are, even being known as the economical idols.
Certainly, but that wasn't an image Kara necessarily wanted. In the case of Crayon Pop it seems like they're intentionally perpetuating that image.

And in Kara's case it wasn't as much a money issue as a popularity issue. They debuted at a really bad time and the competition was really strong. Kara's company was obviously being stingy with their dorm and whatnot as they weren't a small label (Kara's seniors in the label were Fin.KL). They had to work extra hard because people just didn't care about them. It was interesting because I remember when they debuted and their album was really well received by critics, in fact I loved it and I still think it's their best album to date. But with so many other, stronger girl groups (Specifically Wonder Girls & SNSD) debuting at the time they just got looked over.

Essentially Kara are known as the economical idols because of the effort they put into becoming popular (Seungyeon in particular) and the things they went without in order to save money when they were at their lowest. Crayon Pop are known as poor idols because their image and dress is tacky, old fashioned and they don't act like idols. They do work hard though, with their performances on the streets in Hongdae and Myeongdeong.

dokish

Banned
So far nobody really complained about their image (k-fans/netizens) and they were actually praised a lot AFAIK. Crayon Pop is famous for their dorkness (is this correct?) and their 'unique' style.

I agree, they shouldn't pull this forever, but you know, maybe they will make enough changes so it doesn't look exactly the same. We still need to see the actual thing instead of guessing; IIRC they are doing a live stream June 14th, is that right?

Anyway, Crayon Pop is not about their bodies or legs, so as long as they look pretty, have catchy songs and enjoy themselves while doing it (and they have so far), that's what I want.

And I hope they double the amount of public shows. I need Way's autograph and shit. Touch her and all that.

giri

Certainly, but that wasn't an image Kara necessarily wanted. In the case of Crayon Pop it seems like they're intentionally perpetuating that image.

And in Kara's case it wasn't as much a money issue as a popularity issue. They debuted at a really bad time and the competition was really strong. Kara's company was obviously being stingy with their dorm and whatnot as they weren't a small label (Kara's seniors in the label were Fin.KL). They had to work extra hard because people just didn't care about them. It was interesting because I remember when they debuted and their album was really well received by critics, in fact I loved it and I still think it's their best album to date. But with so many other, stronger girl groups (Specifically Wonder Girls & SNSD) debuting at the time they just got looked over.

Essentially Kara are known as the economical idols because of the effort they put into becoming popular (Seungyeon in particular) and the things they went without in order to save money when they were at their lowest. Crayon Pop are known as poor idols because their image and dress is tacky, old fashioned and they don't act like idols. They do work hard though, with their performances on the streets in Hongdae and Myeongdeong.

It wasn't HSY, but Gyuri doing tons of TV spots and carrying them i believe. And it was all about money, as they weren't making any due to poor popularity. Their first 5 or 6 fan meets had an average of about 11 people turn out. And were held in parking lots.

It wasn't an image they wanted, but it was one they had for a long time.

Their label IS poorly managed though. There's no doubt about that.

giri

So far nobody really complained about their image (k-fans/netizens) and they were actually praised a lot AFAIK. Crayon Pop is famous for their dorkness (is this correct?) and their 'unique' style.

No one complained cause no one cares about them.

FannyLaugh.gif

ramyeon

It wasn't HSY, but Gyuri doing tons of TV spots and carrying them i believe. And it was all about money, as they weren't making any due to poor popularity. Their first 5 or 6 fan meets had an average of about 11 people turn out. And were held in parking lots.

It wasn't an image they wanted, but it was one they had for a long time.

Their label IS poorly managed though. There's no doubt about that.
It was definitely Seungyeon. She was going on pretty much every kind of variety show or TV appearance she could get, even if it was only a tiny bit of airtime. The economic idol nickname was given to them mostly because of Seungyeon as well. The name is because they didn't care about their image and she did any work she could get her hands on to get their name out there.

The company was skimping on them because they were underperforming based on the expectations people had for them before their debut. They were hyped as the next Fin.KL and basically flopped.

So yeah, what I mean is it wasn't their company that didn't have money, but they stopped putting money into the group due to poor popularity.

beatsan

Neo Member

Well then... I like the tune, like the song and the chorus is definitely good.

Yeah C.Pop is not very glam. The outfits are like an idol starter set of gear lol. After they do some leveling, maybe papa Chrome will shell out some more funds their way. I definitely appreciate their guerrilla performances in freezing temperatures though. It's one of the main reasons I started paying attention to them.

BUT: I think I forget that CP is not trying to be like other idol groups. It's very clear from their songs and I suppose the subject at hand, their styling. It is what it is, or rather they are what they are. Still, I'm crossing my fingers for better concepts...but I really shouldn't be saying that since I still haven't seen the full product. I'll just wait and see.

giri

It was definitely Seungyeon. She was going on pretty much every kind of variety show or TV appearance she could get, even if it was only a tiny bit of airtime. The economic idol nickname was given to them mostly because of Seungyeon as well. The name is because they didn't care about their image and she did any work she could get her hands on to get their name out there.

The company was skimping on them because they were underperforming based on the expectations people had for them before their debut. They were hyped as the next Fin.KL and basically flopped.

So yeah, what I mean is it wasn't their company that didn't have money, but they stopped putting money into the group due to poor popularity.

The name comes from their shitty original apartment and that they had one small tv between the 4/5 of them and other such non-luxury lifestyle, and that they had to live very frugal because they got no money.

Thats where it started.

It continued on because the girls kept living like that even after they became successful (not being lavish with their income).

ramyeon

The name comes from their shitty original apartment and that they had one small tv between the 4/5 of them and other such non-luxury lifestyle, and that they had to live very frugal because they got no money.

Thats where it started.

It continued on because the girls kept living like that even after they became successful (not being lavish with their income).
Not according to Korean news outlets

http://news.nate.com/view/20091102n08128

http://newk-popnews.blogspot.com.au/2009/10/news-han-seungyeon-hope-they-would.html

http://www.dkpopnews.net/2009/11/news-netizens-are-touched-after.html

Essentially the reason for the nickname doesn't matter. The point is they were hyped up, didn't live up to expectations and got dwarfed by other big debuts that year and had to work hard to get popularity and recognition in the industry. I remember what it was like after the debut and up until the member switches.

But I don't even remember why we're talking about Kara now.

Essentially Crayon Pop's image is done on purpose and seen as a concept.
Thank you ramyeon for the pics
I think you mean someone else haha.

BMHF-dyCYAARmU4.jpg

Holy shit.

No lizzy though :(

If they pull a Hello Venus I'll be so disappointed.

There's enough Tae to go around daily, though. Chocolat, anybody? ...Anybody?

Black Tinkerbell teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tTzzLeQnVo

edit: lol, "Jinkerbell"

Right here yo. Been asking for Chocolat comeback for many months now, long before anyone else. They were my favorite rookies of '11. I am definitely the #1 fan on GAF.

Not too bad. Might like the chorus if it sounds like that teaser's 0:19 sec mark

That is the chorus, and it seems like the weakest part of the song imo.

Seems like there's a new wave of juniors. If any lurkers want to introduce themselves, remember to include your personal SNSD rankings. If you intend to put Yuri outside of the top 3, then don't bother at all, just fuck off.

0xqCi.jpg

llehuty

That Taeyeon HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG

Considering they're superior to Sistard in ever way, it shouldn't be a problem.

In every way except popularity :(. Fake edit: I just noticed youtr 'typo', hilarious.

You guys ever play osu! ? Friend of mine recently got back into it so I tried it again. There's an Android port, but I haven't really tried it. Here are some 'K-pop' entries that I enjoyed playing.

BoA's Eien

Abracadabra

Expectation

Genie - Japanese, primarily because it has an HD video version (look at the description/Creators Words)

IGAB

Paparazzi

A

Ma Boy

An example of a song I didn't enjoy playing: Dambi's Queen

Yeah, I love it. I registered 5 years ago. I like how they keep adding new things, now it's very complete, with lots of modes, and the live rankings are amazing. Lately I've been playing the Beatmania mode (here called osu!mania), and also there are having a lot of k-pop releases recently (3 maps a month, more or less). I don't know why, but I was missing A from your list... *goes to test it* ... I rike it. IGAB map, with the bpm changes is HAAARD.

Here are some more: Orange caramel - Shanghai Romance, T-ara - Sexy love, Yayayaya, Roly Poly, After School - Because of you, Sunny Hill, Pit-a-pat, i think that, Bigbang's alive full album (even the intro), KARA - Step, SNSD has plenty of songs... And well, I'm going to stop linking them, because I just noticed there are only 5 pages.

The multiplayer is quite good also

Sounds good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iNPZeBoovKU

"Short Version" MV for BoA's new Japanese single.

She's looking really good.

Lovely, and I'm ot even into this type of music.

Cuddler

Those guys better be paying you, Cuddler.
lol, why??? Obviously they don't pay me, I don't want money from them. I want them to continue singing forever since I really like their voices and I love them.
And I want them to be happy
Looking forward to Girls' Day comeback if it is indeed this month.
Loved 2BiC's song, they seem like nice guys.
Yes, great! They are nice guys. :)
Is this the first time you listen to 2BiC?

No No Eul

Considering they're superior to Sistard in ever way, it shouldn't be a problem.

tumblr_mjkslkJM8o1qdcel5o6_250.gif

Lizzy said:
iGDiJrz4h5gJU.jpg

I’m upset because I couldn’t film the teaser together ( with other members) T _ T sobs. But since I don’t use my right leg, it keeps getting thinner and my hand even fits there…. what can I do… *sigh* It would be nice if I can use both legs, please recover faster T _ T I should stand on stage!!!!

Credit

I thought we had at least one Hyuna stan in this thread. It was her birthday yesterday...

ramyeon

Summery-happy pop in general. I usually find it very bland for my tastes, but that synth that rides the whole song <3
Oh yeah it's kind of boring, the song is just passable imo. It's neither bad nor good. But BoA looks really stunning, she's aged so well it's a bit crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom