• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

imnana

Neo Member
No way, too generic, but not as bad as Time's Up. Dressing Room is excellent, though.

Dressing room's second imo. I like clubby/dance tracks. But either of them is better than First Love, the 'hey' & 'eh's in the background and that annoying scratching or whatever in the chorus downgraded it.

But the choreo was good, and I commend them for pole dancing, I tried it once and I could barely keep myself up for longer than 30 seconds.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
the 'hey' & 'eh's in the background and that annoying scratching or whatever in the chorus downgraded it
The voice stuff is standard Brave Bros shitting on the track, but the "scratching" that basically throws everything about scratching to the wind and just exactly conforms to the beat is really bad. However neither of them are as obnoxious as the first track on the album, which is just all him without the girls even there. Bro just needs to release stuff himself and stay off other people's releases.

At least this is a good song, unlike that 4minute abomination.

ramyeon

Who wants to take bets on how long dokish stays in Korea before getting deported?

Words of wisdom from Brave Bros.

"It's been awhile, but sometimes patience is virtue. It's worth it, ya know what I mean?"
"8 hot girls about to show you something really, really sexy."

imnana

Neo Member
The voice stuff is standard Brave Bros shitting on the track, but the "scratching" that basically throws everything about scratching to the wind and just exactly conforms to the beat is really bad. However neither of them are as obnoxious as the first track on the album, which is just all him without the girls even there. Bro just needs to release stuff himself and stay off other people's releases.

At least this is a good song, unlike that 4minute abomination.

Brave Brothers just needs to stop making music tbh. I don't know why anyone thinks he's a good producer, maybe back in the day but for the past year he just gives everyone the same recycled Sistar tracks.

Peru

The 4Minute song isn't an Alone song and it's one of the biggest hits of the year, even though I personally think it's one of their weakest singles. Pretty obvious why he gets jobs. I do like most of his Alone clones though.

imnana

Neo Member
The 4Minute song isn't an Alone song and it's one of the biggest hits of the year, even though I personally think it's one of their weakest singles. Pretty obvious why he gets jobs. I do like most of his Alone clones though.

That was a nice exception, even though I didn't like What's Your Name at first it was pretty catchy and grew on me, I was surprised it did as well as it did though. I do like most of his Alone clones too but I wish he'd get some originality. First love is After School's weakest title track so far imo, but we'll see how it charts.

pikpok

Neo Member
AS @ Mnet M Countdown today
969lJEx.jpg

QTpYUgH.jpg

No Lizzy in sight.

iFQQkVtPpM2AQ.gif

catmincer

That was a nice exception, even though I didn't like What's Your Name at first it was pretty catchy and grew on me, I was surprised it did as well as it did though. I do like most of his Alone clones too but I wish he'd get some originality. First love is After School's weakest title track so far imo, but we'll see how it charts.

What's your name was good but Domino is the standout track on that mini IMO.

I really like 'First Love', it stands out from After School catalogue and the sound every kpop song out now. I like the vocal flourishes in the track (much better than the random dog barking in 4Minute's 'What's your name?')

As regards to recent girl group releases i'd rank it as:

1) After School
2) Chocolat
3) Sistar

luso

BORING. God dammit After School, I like you a lot but no, no boring slow songs.

When I think After School I think Shampoo, Flashback, Dilly Dally, all dancy kind of songs. This sounds like something Sistar would do, it's not a bad thing but it's NOT After School.

A little boring, and he's right, AS should be the dance songs, not an almost snooze feast.
MV sure is eye candy.

T-ara video editor making his mark!? The rap in this songs doesn't fits very well.

brb I'm just gonna be over here fanboying

you clearly have no mojo

He's thinking "who is this again?"

It happens if you meet tons of people. I'm sure Soshi suffers the same on some degree. Sones, they will not remember you!
except fancamers

Sunny on dat OST train! Been a while. http://youtu.be/TwPuQd2BlBc

No high pitched voice, it shows her vocal range.

So MCountdown aired already? How was AS stage?

Edit: startting now.

Kabuto

This is a good remix.

BORING. God dammit After School, I like you a lot but no, no boring slow songs.

When I think After School I think Shampoo, Flashback, Dilly Dally, all dancy kind of songs. This sounds like something Sistar would do, it's not a bad thing but it's NOT After School.

iT8VJwkHUvIBk.png

MV was great even though Lizzy was only in it like twice. Hopefully there are some more dancy type songs on the album.

Pendulum

I know some of you are saying some of the B-sides on the mini are better (which I haven't listened to yet), but I'm quite liking "First Love" - more so when I ignore the silly whispers and scratching. Does it stack up as a comeback song after so long? I'd honestly have preferred something dance-y, but I'm ok with this not being bad. The concept helps make it less forgettable - and props to the girls for the effort they've put in - just wish it didn't fuck up Lizzy in the process.

Oh, and no more shitty temporary tattoos, thanks K-Pop industry.

Conceptor

GET! SET! READY GO!
점핑 YE! 점핑 YE! EVERYBODY!
걱정은 NO! 빠빠빠빠 빠빠빠빠!!!!!

ahhh Crayon Pop :>

AS looking good at their presscon and at mcd! Really glad their months of practice is showing off, just hope they can make it through promotions without any more injuries.. they're already covered in bruises :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Man alive
This reminds me of when my friend started teaching me yiquan beginning with deflection basics. My arms were covered in bruises and his were just fine even though the impact force was equal. The skin toughens up after a while. Though, those kind of bruises are really itchy. Poor girls.

Ashhong

This is why I force my gf to do squats every time we go to the gym together.

So has CP always been like this? All I really know of them is Bing Bing and their infamous dance practice video. They seemed like a standard girl group with talent. Now for some reason I see everything they do as obnoxious and I don't know why. Maybe I hate fun? Their style is just horrendous, and I'm not even talking about the tracksuits or fucking helmets. Did they realize this was their niche and stuck with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom