• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

Peru

Could go either way - Secret-style icky sweet retro or fun and silly. Does sound pretty decent. About time Sunny Hill got back their weird, which was what they broke through with. This doesn't seem like it, but I hope they do some SOCIAL COMMENTARY POP again soon.

So good looking.
2jiSDJul.jpg

Peru

QouvoSi.png

This is baffling on so many levels. First off what the hell is the song about with that title?

Is it supposed to be a female empowerment song? Girl's Day, the most milquetoast of all girl groups, is launching it at a pool party. I don't see it.

What is that title meant to be? It could've worked politically if there had been no female president. But the current president is female and does very little good for women's rights or equality.

Is it just a random title? Probably.

Pendulum

That was fast. Though it sounds like a couple of drum loops were added and wasn't up to the usual amount of remixing Areia does? Still, it was good and proves how it could have been a better single.

----

Lee HyoRi(이효리) - 미쳐(Going Crazy) - Teaser (in association with Korea's Next Top Model)

Edit: Just saw ramyeon linked it

----

allkpop

Lizzy spoke up on how she felt about not being able to promote with After School this time around.

She'd been pulled out of promotions because of her ankle injury, but she was still present for the "First Love" comeback showcase held on June 13 at the Seoul Lotte Card Art Center.

She explained, "I was so enthusiastic that I tried out a move that we hadn't even learned yet, and I fell awkwardly during the landing and injured myself. I was so upset that all my practice of 6 months went to nothing, and I was also upset that the other members' efforts were for naught as well. I cried a lot. But I thought again, and I don't think that just because we can't all be together doesn't mean all our efforts will go to nothing. I hope the public understand our efforts."

She then smiled as she added, "I got injured on my leg, but I still went to training camp with the other members. During the camp, I got a call from a variety show interview, so I came outside to pick up the phone, and I got poison ivy. The members said I keep doing all sorts of things, so they call me Park Everything".

Pendulum

CCM Project Group (T-Ara Soyeon, The Seeya Yoojin, 5Dolls Eunkyo and Speed's Taewoon and Sungmin) - Painkiller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tylVo-34x2o

Catching up on this. Didn't mind it, but it was played quite safe and without the MV
Jiyeon :(
it's less powerful and I wouldn't have listened more than once. I do quite like the rapping parts though.

Edit: Listened a few more times, song only, and I do like it.
screw you KKS

Edit 2: Remember kids, don't keep a bottle of "TOXIC CHEMICALS / POISONOUS DRUGS" in easily digestible pill form in your house.

It's listenable I guess. Definitely their weakest effort so far.

This is baffling on so many levels. First off what the hell is the song about with that title?

Is it supposed to be a female empowerment song? Girl's Day, the most milquetoast of all girl groups, is launching it at a pool party. I don't see it.

What is that title meant to be? It could've worked politically if there had been no female president. But the current president is female and does very little good for women's rights or equality.

I can see what you mean. But at the end of the day, I'm just ecstatic GsD are rolling out the songs like a machine gun. You can never go wrong with more Yura.

O5J4s.gif

I don't follow instagram, so I expect you guys to notify me every time she posts a picture.

She needs to do some crunches to tone down that pooch of hers.

XY4Mn.gif

Best comeback of 2013.

Dicers gonna Dice.

kqgSH.gif

84q9J.gif

Tenck

Sooyoung too cute :3

I remember watching a video long ago about her, and how she would like to marry Brad Pitt. Her mom told her that wasn't happening and she could marry a Korean man instead. I wonder if she'll make an exception for me :<

No No Eul

Holy...

I love the new Crayon Pop MV, although I have to agree with q that the song is their weakest effort thus far.

So has CP always been like this? All I really know of them is Bing Bing and their infamous dance practice video. They seemed like a standard girl group with talent. Now for some reason I see everything they do as obnoxious and I don't know why. Maybe I hate fun? Their style is just horrendous, and I'm not even talking about the tracksuits or fucking helmets. Did they realize this was their niche and stuck with it?

Pretty much. They were a bit out of the ordinary to start with and they've been building on that oddball vibe ever since.

And yes, I think you might actually hate fun. :p

Chrome Ent doesn't have the greatest of connections and money...

I wonder about that. Obviously CP has struggled to get on music shows but at the same time, they managed to score a mini documentary series on MBC Music, which is more than most rookies manage. Also, it seems their boss owns a Lamborghini so the company can't be that strapped for cash.

Fun video, seems like it will lead to something else or something?

Yeah, it does seem like there should be a Part II.

Girl's Day, the most milquetoast of all girl groups, is launching it at a pool party. I don't see it.

That, sir, is an exaggeration.

:/

AS performing First Love at their press conference earlier in the week.

And just in case you missed it the first time:

Edit:
Oh, and no more shitty temporary tattoos, thanks K-Pop industry.

I don't think Dal Shabet got the memo.

luso

The Crayon Pop MV is the cheapest I ever saw.
I mean, they just random recorded, done some cuts and that's it. Not even filters or image processing.

QouvoSi.png

Hey, you aren't a newbie here, are you thinking that a concept should be along with their true intent? They are Girl's Day.

And more updates:

tumblr_modxtkJmK11ryot7ro1_500.jpg

tumblr_modxs025GV1ryot7ro1_500.jpg

tumblr_moe6dnLSoy1ss7bixo2_500.png

tumblr_moe5u34nXa1rm8wnxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_modzajJxP81reg7l4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_modwf8Q4AE1qglemco1_500.jpg

tumblr_modzcepqO21reg7l4o1_500.jpg

^ Probably preparations for her upcoming movie?

Tangeroo

I've been out of the loop for a little while so I apologize if these are reposts.

I apologize for nothing.

iPmhYK9cqiPlh.gif

ibh5IrfZ11P1Qp.gif

Yura may act like she doesn't like it but she keeps baiting Hyeri.

pikpok

Neo Member
Pics of the AS album... Mine hasn't arrived yet but I can't believe I paid only 11.90 USD (excl. shipping) for it. Comes with individual member covers, I've fallen into Pledis' trap and might buy more to get the cover(s) that I want.

Hellix

My god... from watching all the performances by Sistar on Music Bank, it would be appropriate to call them Hyorin & her backup dancers.

llehuty

Girl's day comeback... looks like this list of comebacks is legit after all.

BLzSwZwCYAEJD_F.jpg

June:
Sistar
FT Island
Rainbow
EXO
Apink
MBLAQ
Dal Shabet
Crayon Pop
After School
Chocolat
TURAN
2Eyes
Girls Day
Bangtan
Henry
Roy Kim
Ivy
Fiestar

July:
IU
Boyfriend
Infinite
2NE1
f(x)
BEAST
KARA
AOA
NU'EST
Tiny G
Taeyang
T-ara
MYNAME

August:
BoA
Kim Hyung Jun
Wonder Girls
BTOB
YG New Girl Group?
Tasty
Seventeen
M4M
Cross Gene
Z: EA
Woolim New Girl Group?
WM New Girl Group?
Two X

September:
SNSD-TTS
Miss A
Spica
A-Jax
BAP
EXiD
F.Cuz
Speed
Roh Ji Hoon

October:
Kim Hyun Joong
Big Bang
TVXQ
Cube New Girl Group?

November:
SNSD
Son Dam Bi

December:
EXO (Sub-Unit?)

And looks like that rumored 5th member of Girl's Day is not happening after all.

And that Dal Shabet comeback, is going to slay lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom