• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

llehuty

Now blocked. This a new song?

Short preview legally uploaded version. Looks like there are going to be individual versions of the music video.

130719 에프엑스 COMEBACK NEXT WEEK

Song sounds different to the video seen a while back where the girls were rehearsing a dance to a demo. (well, the demo was playing over edited shots of them dancing, so perhaps a SM trick...)

Next week? asdrfeggtgruttrhdtssdtertrr. Awesome. Maybe the "leaked" track is the other song they are going to perform in comeback stages.

Also, bless instagram.

ryan-ts

Didn't care for the new Beast single on my first listen. Hopefully it grows on me. It's part of an 8 track album so I'm sure there will be some solid tracks on there, Beast is always good for that.

Honey Bunny

Debating whether to give in and buy my first kpop merch in the form of the new OC photobook. They're so precious

tumblr_mq1ffz5qtS1qcyraio1_1280.jpg

And then this happens :(

[TRANS] 130719 JYJ’s Kim Junsu – Kim Jaejoong To Enlist In The Military This Year… “Currently Deciding On A Date”

Chesskid1

Banned
Debating whether to give in and buy my first kpop merch in the form of the new OC photobook. They're so precious

Looks like it would be around $27 after shipping for me, seriously debating.

that's a great price for a photobook compared to others IMO. i looked at an unboxing, it's a pretty small book but the pictures are great. i would get it if OC was my bias, for sure.

i'll admit i didn't start buying kpop merch till a few months ago as well =/

background_top19.jpg

ryan-ts

that's a great price for a photobook compared to others IMO. i looked at an unboxing, it's a pretty small book but the pictures are great. i would get it if OC was my bias, for sure.

i'll admit i didn't start buying kpop merch till a few months ago as well =/

I'd probably only look at it once and then the book would just sit there. I think I'll have to pass.

Honey Bunny

Is it sad that he's serving or that he's going to have to serve genuinely?

I get the feeling there's a wrong answer. I'm sad that two of my faves will be disappearing for a long while. I'm all for equal opportunities so I'd like to see female idols have to do the same shit and we'll see how the fanboys feel about their waifus fucking off for a year :mad:

I'd probably only look at it once and then the book would just sit there. I think I'll have to pass.

Well that settles it, I'm buying just so I can rub it in your face. Not literally ofc, I don't want to ruin all those lovely photos~

riji11g5k50.gif

Timurid

I've been fooled by Melon. They said that Miss A was going to release a single today, but it was Miss $. fuck...

Anyway here is a Suzy photo.

b9e8bcf6c1f6c8adbab8.jpg

AReed

Eunjung pulls off that pirate look really well.

I can totally see her sailing the seven seas, pillaging villages, and just being an all around badass.

Hello new wallpaper....

HN1FMav.png

hi unichan !! <3

Initially I wasnt a fan of the short hair but.... /dead

oh lawd....

Let me just hang my hair here...
tumblr_mq6ygwmBIT1qkljdfo1_1280.jpg

Did her chest deflate or were those promo shots "enhanced" o_O

fixed

Phonoyeon was permmed I was informed.

noooooooooooooooooo!!!!

phono will always be my first
person to add to my ignore list due to his constant hyo spam back in the day

*insert hyo crying gif here*

Still loling at Soyeon's new face.

soyeon.. sigh.. god damnit

All my sadness...in some shots it looked "back to normal", but she definitely looks different here and at Budokan...looks like it is a "new face" after all...If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

This new hair is sooooo good. I love Jiyeon, but she's been kind of fading in the background for me lately, maybe from over-exposure to people loving Jiyeon...but dat new hair, and pretty much all her shots/videos from Budokan...GLORIOUS JIYEON.

She is legitimately perfect. No logic or reasoning can convince me otherwise.

dokish

Banned
LTTP: OH MY! Someone introduced me to Sunnyhill (Grasshopper Song) and now I'm in love. Mind blown away. Please recommend other good stuff.

What's her name? She can be my new waipu, I don't mind.

Well I didn't necessarily say this case was for the better. It's more just that netizens will talk shit on it even if it is grand master quality work. It's dumb. They are basically Luddites.

ramyeon

Well I didn't necessarily say this case was for the better. It's more just that netizens will talk shit on it even if it is grand master quality work. It's dumb. They are basically Luddites.
When the result is better they usually say so and there are less troll comments. The thing is that it's pretty rare that the result is better in celebrities.

As far as the general consensus of plastic surgery in Korea there is a backlash against it and that isn't a bad thing IMO. People are realising the importance of natural beauty and having confidence in yourself the way you were born. They're realising that Korea's hyper competitive job market and society is a negative thing and that people being practically forced into surgery by a society that expects too much from them is wrong.

To say all netizens are stupid and Luddites is wrong. I don't know about you but most comments on popular news articles here are pretty stupid too. You're getting a very narrow view of netizens because you're most likely reading a very few translated comments here and there.

There are often cases when the majority is off the mark and there's a pervasive pack mentality in certain groups, mostly teenage netizens, that has caused huge issues in the past. Thing is, that's hardly something that's unique to just Korea and I've seen the same kind of thing in commenters and netizens all over the world. Unfortunately due to culture differences the way targets of that hate respond and deal with it is quite different.

dokish

Banned
I don't think anybody serious comments on internet websites. I mean, those about idols. When I read 'netizens' I actually read 'the same people who post on Youtube'.

Who is gonna actually make a insightful comment on this things? They probably happen in forums or, if the 'website style' allows those kind of comments. GAF hates Kotaku, but a few years ago, when I used to follow them, you had a lot of pretty good posts in the commentary section of major news.

A lot of Koreans do minor surgery aswell, and I believe that this goes into thoses "Plastic surgery skyrocketing in Korea" statistics. For example, I know people that corrected their nose and eyes because of actual health problem, or just appearance... How can I say in english... they had a "crooked" nose or something.

I see beautiful woman everywhere I go here. Do I care if they had plastic surgery? No. They look gorgeous now and that's what matters
and me wanting to be inside their bodies
. The outcome is only 'bashed' when doesn't please people.

"Nobody" gave a shit about all technology/cellphones being able to record/collect data until the Snowden/Microsoft thing. People ignore things out of convenience. I also think jealous and envy play a major role here. (Those are much more complexes emotions than we think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom