• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

Why is f(x)'s Danger and Nu Abo is stuck in my head D;

Also, hi guys. Haven't been here in forever and haven't drawn anything in a while. Trying to learn how to develop for Android is taking up way too much of my time. And Dark Souls lol

Peru

Well if they actually perform the song live as a band I'll shut up, until then I'll continue to complain about their pitch

Miryo and Jea are involved in most of the BEG album

- After Club. Lyrics by Kim Eana & Miryo. Composed by Dancis & Jea
- Boy. Lyrics by Miryo. Composed by Haranhn
- Good Fellas. Lyrics by Kim Eana & Miryo. Composed by Yoon Ilsang
- Kill Bill Lyrics by Kim Eana & Miryo. Composed by Jea & Lee Kyuhyun
- Mystery Survivor. Lyrics by Kim Eana & Miryo. Composed by East4a
- Satisfaction. Lyrics by Miryo. Composed by Haranhn
- Lies. Lyrics and Composed by A-Team
- I'm Going to Fly. Lyrics by Kim Eana & Miryo. Composed by Jea & Lee Kyuhyun

ramyeon

Well if they actually perform the song live as a band I'll shut up, until then I'll continue to complain about their pitch

- After Club. Lyrics by Kim Eana & Miryo. Composed by Dancis & Jea
- Boy. Lyrics by Miryo. Composed by Haranhn
- Good Fellas. Lyrics by Kim Eana & Miryo. Composed by Yoon Ilsang
- Kill Bill Lyrics by Kim Eana & Miryo. Composed by Jea & Lee Kyuhyun
- Mystery Survivor. Lyrics by Kim Eana & Miryo. Composed by East4a
- Satisfaction. Lyrics by Miryo. Composed by Haranhn
- Lies. Lyrics and Composed by A-Team
- I'm Going to Fly. Lyrics by Kim Eana & Miryo. Composed by Jea & Lee Kyuhyun
So hyped about this album.
K-pop solving the Korean war, North and South reunited at last https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkxa8C_6iS4
I lost it at Kim Jong Un.

Was Boa. Except she can actually dance. What's everyone else's excuse?

Hah good point. But then again, BoA's BoA. She's one of the few exceptions who are legitimately talented.

The only excuse I can come up with is that they're not used to it. Singing and dancing, no matter how good you are is tough stuff. Coordinating singing and choreography is one of the most complicated things ever. Being professionals, I'd obviously expect them to get it really quickly, but putting on my musician hat on, I think I'll give them a pass. Now if they're still lipsynching next week, then yeah, that's definitely something to be concerned about.

What... so Recipe was a one time thing??

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Recipe is so far my #1 song of 2013... I can't believe that's just a one time thing. Worst news of the day right there. :((

ramyeon

Hah good point. But then again, BoA's BoA. She's one of the few exceptions who are legitimately talented.

The only excuse I can come up with is that they're not used to it. Singing and dancing, no matter how good you are is tough stuff. Coordinating singing and choreography is one of the most complicated things ever. Being professionals, I'd obviously expect them to get it really quickly, but putting on my musician hat on, I think I'll give them a pass. Now if they're still lipsynching next week, then yeah, that's definitely something to be concerned about.
I think it's also because SM wants to showcase the songs in their "purest form" for the first week or two to sell the song better.

What... so Recipe was a one time thing??

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Recipe is so far my #1 song of 2013... I can't believe that's just a one time thing. Worst news of the day right there. :((
What? This is hardly bad news, Miryo especially being involved more is fantastic news. A whole album of Primary BEG wouldn't be BEG, even if Recipe was fantastic. Let's wait and see what they come out with first ;)

beatsan

Neo Member
I think it's also because SM wants to showcase the songs in their "purest form" for the first week or two to sell the song better.

I don't blame SM for this. I think it sucks for fans who want to hear the real live, but I believe it helps the band or group get more situated with the live dance performance aspect first. After they are more comfortable with the choreo then they can concentrate on the singing.

ramyeon

I don't blame SM for this. I think it sucks for fans who want to hear the real live, but I believe it helps the band or group get more situated with the live dance performance aspect first. After they are more comfortable with the choreo then they can concentrate on the singing.
Well yeah and no I guess. It looks pretty bad when rookies are singing live on the same stage, but at the same time it's not like it's a proper concert, it's just a weekly TV show broadcast and no one in the audience is paying any money to see it.

That said, singing (partially) live didn't really do 4minute any favours when they debuted on Mnet Countdown.

What? This is hardly bad news, Miryo especially being involved more is fantastic news. A whole album of Primary BEG wouldn't be BEG, even if Recipe was fantastic. Let's wait and see what they come out with first ;)

Speaking of SM, do we know if Soshi's comeback special at the beginning of this year was all lipsynched? I don't ever remember somebody mentioning it, so dunno how this could be relevant to the discussion but maybe someone who knows more can chime in haha.

Lol my only complaint is that Recipe was only a one time thing. I wasn't expecting the album to be all Primary, but maybe another track or two other than Recipe. Either way, as long as this album is gonna be good, I don't think I'll be complaining.

I just want a Primary and the Messengers volume 2!

giri

OMG. AoA SO GOOD.

tumblr_mqaco94A1s1rz4vizo2_1280.png

tumblr_mqj5rtA9N31rmry66o2_250.gif
tumblr_mqj5rtA9N31rmry66o3_250.gif
tumblr_mqj5rtA9N31rmry66o4_250.gif
tumblr_mqj5rtA9N31rmry66o5_250.gif
tumblr_mqj5rtA9N31rmry66o6_250.gif

tumblr_mqj4ut2oBV1qa2qydo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mqj4seUYzp1rc95w9o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqj3qvHAVY1rc95w9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqj3qvHAVY1rc95w9o2_500.jpg

dokish

Banned
For some reason I lost all my pictures. I don't remember deleting the "iPhoto Library" icon. This is such bullshit; to have your pictures stuck in a gallery, and if you wanna see them individually, you actually have to make copies, taking more fucking space.

I also lost some rated dokish photos :(

I went to this shop were they sell amazing idols signed photographs. You have one with Krystal - almost - bare face, and it's gorgeous. Also Taeyon pictures and Tiffany.

I wanted to buy a Sunny tumbler, but her looks in the IGAB concept were so fucking awful that I bought a Taeyon one instead.

dsc_0015h5k0u.jpg

dsc_00142vjta.jpg

No No Eul

Fiestar's Cao Lu, Cheska and Perfect Best Jei teach Korean, Lesson 1.

That strikes me as pretty weird. Taking inspiration from Kill Bill is fine but recreating chunks of the movie is, at the very least, incredibly unimaginative.

Song is a complete waste of a band concept.

Yeah, it's a really bizarre choice of song. As far as I can tell, there's a minimal amount of guitar in that track, which is pretty jarring when there are three members in the video playing string instruments. Their previous single was more guitar heavy than Moya.

Speaking of SM, do we know if Soshi's comeback special at the beginning of this year was all lipsynched? I don't ever remember somebody mentioning it, so dunno how this could be relevant to the discussion but maybe someone who knows more can chime in haha.

Most, if not all of their performances from that show are on MBC's YouTube channel. I had a quick look at a few of them and there does seem to be some live singing going on, even during I Got a Boy (for parts of it at least).

allkpop said:
Se7en, Sangchu, and 5 other celebrity recruits have been sentenced to serve time in military jail.

The Ministry of Defense had announced that they'd be punishing the celebrities for their misbehavior when they announced the abolition of the celebrity recruits, and the Ministry has finally revealed their decision.

Private Choi (Se7en) and Private Lee (Sangchu), who left the dorms without permission to get a massage, have been sentenced to 10 days in military jail. Five celebrity recruits are being sentenced to 4 days of military jail for having a cellphone. The last soldier is being sentenced to 10 days of probation in confinement because he left to watch a movie after hours.

The Ministry of Defense said, "The two soldiers first went to get a massage after their concert. They went to a Chinese massage parlor and then a Thai massage parlor, but they were closed, so they then went to 2 massage parlors that were still open late at night. However, they came out right away when they realized what kind of place it was. We decided that they were aiming to get a massage and had no intentions in participating in prostitution. However, we sentenced them to military jail because they broke the rules of not wearing the military uniform as well as leaving the dorms without permission."

ryan-ts

That strikes me as pretty weird. Taking inspiration from Kill Bill is fine but recreating chunks of the movie is, at the very least, incredibly unimaginative.

Just a preview though, let's see the entire MV before making judgements. Miryo's Dirty was pretty misleading when the teaser first came out.

As for the album itself, I was kind of surprised to see JeA and Miryo involved in so many songs.

- Really looking forward to the three tracks that both Miryo and JeA worked on.
- Miryo working on the lyrics hopefully means lots of rapping too.
- I also would have liked more Primary but I'm confident the songs will still be stellar.
- Almost two years of waiting for another album but it's so close now.

ramyeon

Miryo is one of the few really talented rappers in girl groups. I'm definitely looking forward to more rap parts in the songs from her.

JKTrix

For some reason I lost all my pictures. I don't remember deleting the "iPhoto Library" icon. This is such bullshit; to have your pictures stuck in a gallery, and if you wanna see them individually, you actually have to make copies, taking more fucking space.
Get Dropbox. Assuming it works the same as on Android, It'll automatically back up your photos online if you let it, and they aren't automatically public so you don't have to worry about your 'special' pictures getting out there without your consent. You can set it so that it only uploads when you have a Wi-Fi connection if you're concerned about mobile data usage.

No No Eul

If I understand that correctly, Minah has one of the largest bedrooms all to herself, the lucky girl. Meanwhile, Hyeri has to share the smallest room with a manager lol. I guess they haven't reorganized everything since Jihae left. Talking of which, Jihae and friends:

iFS0SG1UcRjjA.png

Just a preview though, let's see the entire MV before making judgements. Miryo's Dirty was pretty misleading when the teaser first came out.

Yeah, you're quite right. I'm jumping the gun a bit.

llehuty

AOA Black - MOYA Comeback stage They need to kill the band gimmick as soon as posible.

EXO_으르렁 (Growl)_Music Video Teaser (Korean ver.) Not offensive. I still can't believe SM is rushing this and releasing two full albums in less than a week. The worst thing is that f(x) are the ones getting the short end of the stick.

빅스 (VIXX) - 대.다.나.다.너 (Teaser)
Reversed ver.

이정현 (Lee Jung Hyun) - V (live). I don't know anything about this cutie, but this song and performance are so much fun. This years lipstick IMO.

tumblr_mqc8ojAwx91r0i4i5o2_r1_500.gif

Azn_Boy

Neo Member
AoA's band drummer is actually very talented at what she does, you can just youtube or find a profile of her. I can't say the same for the rest of the group besides their two main vocalists and the rapper (All three who are in the band group and can play instruments). They don't actually play it during performances because it's much easier to just have the music track in the background. Like I'm pretty sure that's the same for CN Blue whenever they're pre-recording or performing for shows like M-Countdown or Inkigayo.

skasaha

Neo Member
AoA's band drummer is actually very talented at what she does, you can just youtube or find a profile of her. I can't say the same for the rest of the group besides their two main vocalists and the rapper (All three who are in the band group and can play instruments). They don't actually play it during performances because it's much easier to just have the music track in the background. Like I'm pretty sure that's the same for CN Blue whenever they're pre-recording or performing for shows like M-Countdown or Inkigayo.

The not playing instruments during performances are a music show restriction. CNBlue, FTIsland and even TRAX (who knows who they are, raise your hands~) don't get to play live either.

Proof that AoA can actually play live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz3mYbFtC0w (Elvis - AoA)

ramyeon

Trax bombed pretty hard. Even though they really tried hard to promote the X Japan/Yoshiki link. I remember enjoying their first few singles waaaay back when though.

Oh crap, Fany's b-day is on Thursday. Anybody doing a megapost? Idk if I have the time to do it, but I'll see if I can.

Anyway, just finished watching new RM. I loved the setup, even though it's been overdone. The funniest part though was when Gary pulled the old school trick of chair pulling, I expected it but Kwang Soo's reaction to it was pure gold.

They just need to make Suzy a permanent RM member since I don't think Lizzy's coming back. She's one of the few guests that really gel well with the cast and her addition wouldn't ruin the already existing flow... if anything, it'll just add more to it and maybe we'll even get playboy Haroro back lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom