• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pendulum

Wha? Went to sleep for the whole night, came back expecting people to be dead in this thread.

I'll take that Kim Sori teaser as compensation.

Edit: I Got A Boy choreography looks to be standard if Hyoyeon's teaser is anything to go by.

giri

Skarf member Changes

OH! Danz!

skarf.jpg

Selane

Looks and sounds as awful as I expected. But seriously, Yoong in three different tummy-exposing outfits?

Gonna watch that video.

spink

dat Misfits shirt. Her stylist has good taste.

you can buy them in k-mart

The concept is... it looks like the sort of thing a rookie group would get...

I dunno, i'll wait for the whole thing.

Song sounds good doe.

whoever is behind this concept has obviously never heard the saying, less is more.
my retinas are being scorched by all the colour.

song sounds bad imo, that synth is grating.

I used to love these girls so much and thought they could do no wrong, but soo man is determined to prove me wrong.
someone needs to put him out to pasture

giri

well I guess that fulfills my imagination of seeing SNSD perform in the style of f(x)

This was actually my first thought. The concept is very f(x). Why the hell would SNSD go down to f(x)'s level?

Even the choreo seems f(x)'ish. That said, f(x) have some great choreo.

Bizzare.

Main hope is it means Soshi variety shows.

vanty

Sounds like what you'd get if SM hired will.i.am to make an f(x) song. Actually hurt my ears with the YouTube shit quality.

ahahah the reddit post for the teaser is all "omg this is amazing" bullshit, and the one person who says the song sounds bad is downvoted to hell. r/kpop actually makes this thread seem rational.

allkpop is even worse than youtube commenters goddam

Pendulum

It's odd. SM wasn't happy with the reception to the "grown up" The Boys concept, and are now going 180 degrees to try a concept and song that similar to those that have gotten attention for newer groups? Only reason I can see that explains this MV teaser. I don't think anything will explain Sunny's hair though.

Peru

It's odd. SM wasn't happy with the reception to the "grown up" The Boys concept, and are now going 180 degrees to try a concept and song that similar to those that have gotten attention for newer groups? Only reason I can see that explains this MV teaser. I don't think anything will explain Sunny's hair though.

It's not that odd. SNSD are of the old school of k-pop groups that have to do 'concepts' for each release. SM are desperate to do 'something different' from the last release so they go crazy with neon colors and shit. Lack of identity image-wise and sound-wise ensues. Not a problem they have for Japanese promotions, although the videos are arguably even worse there (but the hate for the great Flower Power song will always be blasphemous).

Pendulum

It's not that odd. SNSD are of the old school of k-pop groups that have to do 'concepts' for each release. SM are desperate to do 'something different' from the last release so they go crazy with neon colors and shit. Lack of identity image-wise and sound-wise ensues. Not a problem they have for Japanese promotions, although the videos are arguably even worse there (but the hate for the great Flower Power song will always be blasphemous).

I understand the need for concepts. I meant it's odd as it seems to differ from the route I thought SNSD was progressing along involving The Boys, and before that Mr Taxi and Run Devil Run. I guess I just prefer the sexier/classier concepts, and feel this one is going to be too forced. None of them fit the "b-girl" mould.

Edit: On second thought, Hyoyeon can fit the b-girl mould
but who would centre a concept around her?

Koenigg

Neo Member
Secret minus Zinger on stage now. Wonder who's gonna do the rapping.

Well that was answered pretty quickly...guess they're only doing parts of their songs.

Koenigg

Neo Member
Looking through the lineups for the MBC, KBS, and SBS shows, I'm surprised PSY isn't performing at any of them considering how big he was this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom