• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selane

Was the first 2 minutes the song or just for the MV? Was so fucking shit, and barely improved when what seems like the actual song finally began. The whole thing doesn't suit any of them at all except Hyoyeon, overall even worse than The Boys (English version still worse though).

Pretty much agree with this whole post. Literally the worst concept they've ever had and the song is bad too.

Also, lol @face saying he wants to 'pound Yuri's ass'. If dokish had posted that there'd be seven pages of whining already, but I guess the hypocrite patrol is off duty tonight.

vanty

Why would I care how supposedly good looking people are? I actually listen to the music, and therefore can realise that the song is terrible.

Also, lol @face saying he wants to 'pound Yuri's ass'. If dokish had posted that there'd be seven pages of whining already, but I guess the hypocrite patrol is off duty tonight.
face is face, dokish is just scary.

magenta

Mashing several songs together just made the whole thing really feel disjointed and unfocused. The wardrobe department really needs to not go to an op shop anymore, the outfits were terrible.

lmao you are so full of it. Snsd is good but not perfect or queens I wanna pound and amke love to yuris ass and thats it but w/e just myvopinion

Opinions are opinions and I'm still trying to sober up lol.

Anyway, on my 6th listen now and I'm starting to see it's flaws.

Let me try to critically analyze it in my drunken state...

The song is actually connected and synchronized. The song stays in the same key but the chord changes are different, but when you add in the weird tempo changes then it starts to become distracting. But it's only distracting at the very first listen, because it kinda breaks the conventions of typical pop music. We're so used to having shit sound so similar/repetitive that once we hear something that our ears can't connect then our brain starts rejecting the change.

Anyway, the song is still amazing, a little disjointed and maybe even awkward at some points. But what really blew my away was the dance. After seeing BoA's choreo for Only One, I was hoping that Soshi would get some choreo that was similar to that and IGaB fulfilled that wish. Thank you based Nappytabs for making the choreography this amazing.

OC, it looks like there's no need to blame us Filipino's now. :p

Giri, yep. We finished half the bottle then locked in his cabinet right after. It was good, but definitely overhyped. I'm glad I paid $100 bucks for it, I would've pissed as hell if I paid $200 for that.

Kabuto

Yeah... I'm not feeling this. It sounds all over the place as if it was a mash up of 10 different songs.

yeah for me they should have stuck to what they were doing the first two minutes of the song. That part is pretty great but after that it just turns into a strange mashup. They do look good tho.

Happy New Years! I Got a Boy better than what I expected it to be, getting a lot of f(x) vibes.

Jessica looks like Serri with her hair like this.
tumblr_mfxup7yuU31qmm0g2o1_500.gif

Disappointed with the song as a whole but I liked a few parts in between. Like others have stated there's way too much going on. Choreo was pretty good but some of the outfits were terrible. Sunny's hair needs to be lit on fire.

Wrap up, bad song, bad mv.

(._.)

Banned
Pretty much agree with this whole post. Literally the worst concept they've ever had and the song is bad too.

Prettu much everybody here would do everuthing to yuri. Theyre just too scared to admit it b/c theyre apl beta and shit. SOORY YOU GUYS SUCK SORRY

giri

Prettu much everybody here would do everuthing to yuri. Theyre just too scared to admit it b/c theyre apl beta and shit. SOORY YOU GUYS SUCK SORRY

Face, before you end up doing shit where you write an apology post again, you might want to check yo self.

(._.)

Banned
Face, before you end up doing shit where you write an apology post again, you might want to check yo self.
Oh trust m3. Im being very mindful of what I post. I think I was being truthful. Every staright male here would fully use yuri if given the chance. Why lie? Wouldn't you?

neoism

LOL.

This whole thing is some T-ara-grade fuck up.

nah the song isn't great but it has good parts... seems like they make MVs for the songs the aren't as good as the rest on the album the japan album as an example... 4 or 5 songs way better than Flower power.... still the worst snsd could do>>>>everybody else :p

roaSone

Soooo much hate .... I actually liked it, well I agree that it's like a mashup of all styles, but they masterized it. I'm fully agreeing with giri and joogkookie!

neoism

Oh trust m3. Im being very mindful of what I post. I think I was being truthful. Every staright male here would fully use yuri if given the chance. Why lie? Wouldn't you?

lol dude of course we all would...its no secret Yuri is the most "sexy" memba, but all but Sooyoung is the right answer though
"I actually listen to the music"

in a KPOP thread... now that's pretty funny.

LULZ

Conceptor

Exg7x.gif

face, why.

Anyway haven't watched it yet, too tired - will do so before the snsd show in the morning. Happy New Years kpopgaf :) (except phono)

Aside from the chorus, it's a mess. It'll probably grow on me though, they all do. I really wish they would stop trying to rap though. Can't rememebr a rap in a GG song that doesn't sound bad. Concept sucks. There is nothing lamer than the edgy street wear concept. Girls still manage to look beautiful though, particularly in the shots with the guy. Yoona And Yuri (always) look especially gorgeous. Choreo is awesome though. As expected.

At least there seems to be much better songs on the album. Didn't catch any names because it was just streaming in the background from time to time. I'll have to give it a closer listen.

Yuri isn't 14.

"I actually listen to the music"

in a KPOP thread... now that's pretty funny.

Misses the mark though.

Kuno

Just watched the GG MV... As it started out I was like "this mah shit" but then they raised the tempo and it got all weird and then they lowered the tempo and then jessica was all like bring it back to 140 and then it was fast again and I felt like I was watching Fiestar's last video.

Pendulum

I'm still waking up after New Years, haven't listened to the whole album, only watched the IGAB MV, but initial thoughts unfortunately match what I expected. Song, in my opinion, doesn't suit SNSD. Or does SNSD not sell the song? It's really all over the place and not a great song in any case - like the composer couldn't settle on a hook. Was this MV done by the same person that did Hyuna's Ice Cream? Concept is so similar, and the intro has all those goofy reactions and sound effects like Hyuna's did with Psy eating ice cream. Seems like a little of SNSD's identity was sacrificed to make this. I hope they learn and make something better next time.

Been listening to some of the album and it's definitely your standard fare of SM filler music.

TaeNy's duet called "Lost In Love" is actually pretty good, it sounds a lot like TTS' Love Sick. But I'll have more thoughts on this later.

And speaking of disjointed music, Galaxy 999 shares the same theme as IGaB in that the verse is radically different than the chorus, but the chorus is freakin' awesome. Think of The Great Escape with a very lighthearted chorus, that's pretty much how Galaxy 999 is.

Anyway, that's all I'm listening to tonight. New year festivities are done so I'm hitting the sack so I can wake up in time tomorrow to watch the comeback special.

Happy New Year's again K-Pop GAF. (including Phono)

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Everyone should watch the SNSD special. It starts in exactly 4 hours and 45 minutes. Join IRC if you can. We will all be there.

I quite liked I Got A Boy. Its not a mediocre as Boys and its got some interesting changes within the song (although it doesn't really come together) They're still not back to the quality of their pre Boys singles though.

As for the music video, its generous of SM add a second box and a street set for them to dance in. I'd love to see SNSD do a music video outside for once.

Look at the teaser video what Core Contents have for Speed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex33jUF8MSE

It looks like a film.

Happy new Jaekyoung year!
RtzUk.png

It looks like her meal has gone moldy.

(._.)

Banned
Oh?

ikt5K5pcyubcH.gif

Didn't you just say you wanted to sodomise her tho?

iEa9et0r0cZW4.gif

omg I missed this, you too Tenck!!!!! xoxoxoxoxo~

iRor5RLDrWHbj.gif
No I wasss talkin bout the hoe in your avatar. Yu r I would get the full treament including a showrr and breakfast in the morning. Chick is 10/10 and id fully use her

No I wasss talkin bout the hoe in your avatar. Yu r I would get the full treament including a showrr and breakfast in the morning. Chick is 10/10 and id fully use her

Oh it's not "hoe", it's "Hyo" or "Hyoyeon". The only way you're going to get near Yuri and a breakfast is if you were delivering it to her room.

(._.)

Banned
Oh it's not "hoe", it's "Hyo" or "Hyoyeon". The only way you're going to get near Yuri and a breakfast is if you were delivering it to her room.
Nah bruh I would have them cheeks clapping for me if I was at the same party as her. Soory u sucj and know youre not a catch. I am a catch and hot., im such a compastionate and talented artist. Your bitch is str8 up ugly tho fucken deal wit it it str8 up hoe. Not hyo. Only hyo I love id hyomin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom