• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully other songs in the album seem to be good.

I really like XYZ and Promise.

and Romantic St. >_>

Sunnys hair... dear God.

image.php

Igo

It's a new year and I need a k-pop update.

1. What have 2ne1 and BEG been up to? New albums on the horizon?

2. Is Running Man still good?

3. Was SNSD's Japanese album any good.

I'm guessing you guys did a best of 2012. Would someone please link me the page with the discussion and results.

JustinBB7

The chat on this stream is hilarious, people are losing their shit because people are chatting because it will lag the stream.

Why are people so stupid :(

Chesskid1

Banned
i want snsd to perform all their olds songs in their original outfits.

i'm a sucker for nostalgia.

please genie + sailor outfits. they did OG OH! outfits <3

please, kissing you, ITNW or so shi sha day or whatever. just one is all i ask!

Seohyun is great. These backgrounds on the screens are terrible though, like PS1 CGI.

Edit: Looks like they've given Tiffany Hyoyeon's old eyebrows.

dokish

Banned
The song is kinda catchy, but at the same time the songs mashed together vibe gives me a umcomfortable feel.

New Wold, Gee, Genie, Hoot and others were NICE to look at, but this colorful, poluted shit doesnt suit SNSD style.

I still like SNSD, but now Im more interested in Hello Vênus and crayon pop.

BIG QUESTION: BoA used to make thousands of music vídeos. Why does it feel that now she make one or two? I mean... she only made Only One and The Shadow right?

Selane

Look at it this way. Say this concept/song were from a rookie group that had just debuted. Do you think people would:

A: say 'look at these scrubs' and dismiss it pretty much immediately as a huge disaster on every level

or

B: try really hard to find good things to say about it for some reason, even though there pretty much are none and it doesn't deserve it

But hey, it's SNSD, it must be good! I like how half the comments people make are 'I'm sure it will grow on me', which is a more polite way of saying 'I don't like it'.

jokkir

IGAB not as bad as I thought. Still better than The Boys.

Outfits are weird, choreography seems alright and Taeyeon is still a 100/10

Remyzero

IGAB is great and the outfits are ok I guess. I look forward to the other songs on the album.

Can't blame them for experimenting with a new concept. SM always trolling everybody.

Quadratic

Just got around to watching I Got a Boy. I'm not feeling it on the first listen. Maybe if I hear it more and watch some live performances I may like it. The song seems all over the place. Tiffany and Jessica looked the best in the video.

Honey Bunny

The fuck did I just watch.....oh well, at least Jessica's still hot.

Always this

Agree that the song is confused. But Fiestar's confused af debut single eventually grew on me and now I love it soo..

Gonna listen to the album now.

EDIT: Eesh. Well, Express 999 is good.

neoism

Just got around to watching I Got a Boy. I'm not feeling it on the first listen. Maybe if I hear it more and watch some live performances I may like it. The song seems all over the place. Tiffany and Jessica looked the best in the video.

listened to the album all day.. its not all that great but like igab

Edgeward

It's a new year and I need a k-pop update.

1. What have 2ne1 and BEG been up to? New albums on the horizon?

2. Is Running Man still good?

3. Was SNSD's Japanese album any good.

I'm guessing you guys did a best of 2012. Would someone please link me the page with the discussion and results.

1. Jea is going to release her solo album soon.

2. Yes.

3. Consensus points to yes, very good.

Why isn't Jay Park on any of these Gayo Daejun shows? New Breed is amazing and he is a great performer... I feel like he's getting black-balled :(

I really love all the hate IGaB is getting, let me give y'all an opinion of a musician...

Look at it this way. The entire song is radically different than anything else we've heard. It's not your typical pop music that your ears love to hear. Why do you think other musical genres exist? Why do you think people even bother to make music that doesn't commercially sell? Simple: creativity.

What we have here is SM and Soshi trying to become creative and bringing out shit that breaks the mold. Yet people are bitching that it sounds so different than anything else out there... what.

With that said, IGaB is no way perfect... it actually has many faults that I can easily point out and I'm in no way stanning the song. What I'm stanning here is how SM and Soshi are trying to break the mold by being different than every K-Pop act out there.

Y'all act like only Soshi is trying to break the mold here. Ever heard of the K-Pop group called 2NE1?

Yes. Always bet on Gary.
ktAFm.gif

This. Seriously this. I saw the Christmas ep that has Cuddler as a guest and Gary seriously shocked the hell out of me. Dude is seriously boss.

guys im so durnk drdedrdr here are my drunk posts in a kpop thread on a message board

I love to party and check neogaf im so drunk woooo (drunk)

Cuddler

SUPER JUNIOR-K.R.Y. / &#12300;Promise You&#12301;&#12511;&#12517;&#12540;&#12472;&#12483;&#12463;&#12499;&#12487;&#12458;&#12288;(Short ver.) (Japanese only song, first time for Super Junior I think)

Super Junior-M_BREAK DOWN_Music Video Teaser (Hilarious Siwon hairstyle)

Both songs seems good to me.

I've Listened and watched the full MV from Girls Generation, as everyone already said it seems that they put togheter at least 3 different songs, weird choice. Everyone seems to like the concept of the MV, but they seems dressed in an hilarious way at least to me, but maybe I don't know how girl dress this days. Listening to the album medley on youtube I found 2 songs interesting, Promise and XYZ (it reminds me of another song but I can't remember). I still want everyone to remember that Girls Generation (or Super Junior for all that matters) doesn't pick or compose the songs in their album, so I don't think the problem is them but much more SM or who choose the songs.

How much time off do idols get from their 2 years in the army?

Super Junior's Heechul seems to get loads.

Heechul is not really in the army, he lives in his house (I think), in 2006 he had a major car accident after attending to the funeral of the father of Donghae and he had 8 metal rods puts in his leg during the surgery. Because of that he has received 4 weeks of military training and now is serving as public service personel. He will be back in September (Just in time for the seventh Super Junior album probably).

Honey Bunny

I really love all the hate IGaB is getting, let me give y'all an opinion of a musician...

Look at it this way. The entire song is radically different than anything else we've heard. It's not your typical pop music that your ears love to hear. Why do you think other musical genres exist? Why do you think people even bother to make music that doesn't commercially sell? Simple: creativity.

What we have here is SM and Soshi trying to become creative and bringing out shit that breaks the mold. Yet people are bitching that it sounds so different than anything else out there... what.

With that said, IGaB is no way perfect... it actually has many faults that I can easily point out and I'm in no way stanning the song. What I'm stanning here is how SM and Soshi are trying to break the mold by being different than every K-Pop act out there.

I don't think it's progressive pop at all, just confused.

And even if it were progressive, that alone doesn't make it worth celebrating.

I could put out an album of Soshi fart noises and be 'breaking the mold'. What is really worth celebrating is good music in general, including good progressive music. But IGAB isn't good, and so I give no special credit or recognition to SM's efforts.

Fafnir

Survived the night, made my friends watch IGAB all morning lol

IGAB MV is pretty out there. Every girl has their moment to shine. Hyoyeon has the most voice and screen time ever.

YulSoo rap at the beginning should have been cut. Besides that I like all the different parts TaeSica, FanyMaknae, TaeSun, HyoYoong rap battle, TaeNy duet.

Seems like most people would have been happier if 1:40 just went on loop as that would have been safe with a catchy beat and repetitive lyrics, but the days of Gee are over. Mr Taxi might be the last song that they sing in that style.

3oZut.gif

Romantic Fantasy performance for IGAB was better than the MV, looking forward to watching IGAB on a non come-back stage performance.

I can't wait to hear what the KSONEs fanchant is going to be for this lol

Listened to the album once on my drive home. Digging Look At Me and XYZ so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom