• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

Hyuna and Minah

Hyuna so goood..

If you wanna hear a sample, drop me a PM lol.

Down. Link?

They should be on his channel. I liked the 2011 mix much better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8q7xhWb1-U

Woot! Thanks. I love mashups. I like the 2012 one best still, but all so catchy..

Wow, OMG actually does go well with Roly Poly. Honestly never heard of Neon Bunny, but listening to some of the songs on Youtube I think I like her.

Haha, yeah, I don't know the page anymore from the last thread, but Kuno made a sick mashup of Roly Poly and OMG. PM him maybe if you want to hear it. And yeee, Neon Bunny rocks it.

tumblr_mf9u1fXFWl1qb1285o4_1280.jpg

Dat Sica. Is Fany's out yet? I need to see it first before I get it. So far I love Sica's so I might get it.

Primary seems to get a lot of love here. I wish I can get into it, but I am not really a hip hop person... at least not those types of songs. It is probably why Big Bang's Bad Boy doesn't rank high for me, though I don't completely hate it either.

I don't blame you. I used to hate hip hop/rap in my high school years, then a man called Nujabes showed me the light and I've been hooked to it ever since. I'd actually rank Entry Clearance as one of the best hip hop songs I've ever heard, up there with Nujabes' Luv(sic) series. It's that good.

It's not that I don't appreciate them trying to break the mold. Just that the way they decided to do it is not a good song IMO. That's the risk you take with creativity, I guess.

Indeed. And that's the entire crux of the problem. You either want them to stay the same and remain stagnant or evolve and grow until they die. I'd rather have them evolve and do different things instead of hearing a copycat of Gee or Genie for the rest of their existence.

Also, check your PM's.

Alta1r

Yep. Big Bang and cross dressing...
tumblr_meh993Inl71qc7rtu.gif

Lolll, TOP is too good. How you like Taeyang better than him?

Indeed. And that's the entire crux of the problem. You either want them to stay the same and remain stagnant or evolve and grow until they die. I'd rather have them evolve and do different things instead of hearing a copycat of Gee or Genie for the rest of their existence.

Also, check your PM's.

I mean, it depends on what you mean by evolving. I thought their sound from ITNW/SNSD to Gee/Genie to RDR/The Boys were all evolutions in that they were steps towards something they hadn't done before. I don't want them to drop another ITNW or Hoot or Genie, etc. But IGaB just isn't doing it for me. Smaller evolutions maybe. Baby steps, ^^.

Also, I listened to your edit a couple times. I definitely like it better than the original. The progression sounds much more natural and smooth and makes the song more palatable. It still sounds like a bunch of different songs tossed together though. =[

Stumbled upon Big Bang fan-fiction while searching for some cross dressing pics. I read too much.

Lol, this sounds all bad.

tumblr_mf96h8Yvie1rkf9aco1_r3_250.gif
tumblr_mf96h8Yvie1rkf9aco2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mf96h8Yvie1rkf9aco3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mf96h8Yvie1rkf9aco4_r3_250.gif

Hellix

I don't blame you. I used to hate hip hop/rap in my high school years, then a man called Nujabes showed me the light and I've been hooked to it ever since. I'd actually rank Entry Clearance as one of the best hip hop songs I've ever heard, up there with Nujabes' Luv(sic) series. It's that good.

Eh, I'll probably appreciate it eventually. There are a couple of hip-hop/rap songs I do like, such as GD's Light It Up and Zico's "No Limit" recently released. Maybe it's just the slower-type hip-hop songs.

I didn't really get into Kpop right away either, and I was extremely picky about what I liked. I use to only listen to 4minute songs, but now I am pretty much open to any any group/artists.

I mean, it depends on what you mean by evolving. I thought their sound from ITNW/SNSD to Gee/Genie to RDR/The Boys were all evolutions in that they were steps towards something they hadn't done before. I don't want them to drop another ITNW or Hoot or Genie, etc. But IGaB just isn't doing it for me. Smaller evolutions maybe. Baby steps, ^^.

Also, I listened to your edit a couple times. I definitely like it better than the original. The progression sounds much more natural and smooth and makes the song more palatable. It still sounds like a bunch of different songs tossed together though. =[

I think IGaB is more of a minor evolution from The Boys in that they're expanding more into hip hop. It kinda seems like they're trying to "grow up" their sound if that makes any sense. I dunno why you'd grow up into hip hop, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I do believe that this isn't the right direction they're going but isn't the wrong direction either. It's definitely a minor evolution but it's not clear where they're trying to take it. I guess we'll have to see how this plays out lol.

Anyway, thanks! I spent about an hour trying to analyze and make it sound decent haha. SM seriously needs to release an acapella and the stems, the production is fncking brilliant but the progression is just fncking terrible. I can already hear things that can make it better but it's not gonna happen if I only have an MP3 file.

Also, check your PM again. The other one should be up soon.

RubyFaith

Good things about IGAB are Taeyeon, Sica's hair, Krystal-- I mean Yoona, and Hyo

tumblr_mfy1khhlxc1qhmmtjo1_250.gif

Would say Yuri but she rapped too much.
:[

As a matter of fact, I'm gonna have to take Yoona off that list.

Her and Yuri's rapping

The rapping in general

Sooyoung

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I watched it.

I Got a Boy = Glee does soshi

Yoona's rapping was enjoyable. She can finally do something.

Taeyeon is sexy.

Where the fuck did the bass go.

vanty

Woo! New GLAM MV is is finally out

http://youtu.be/Dwm7IlPO1Uo

Edit: Actually watched it. It's good, song is actually good too.
Yeah it's pretty good. The girl with the first lines is is pretty hot. The one with the short hair kinda looks like a cross between Min and Jia.

At the very beginning I thought the letters behind them said OFWGKTA ahah.

EDIT: Hot one's name is Jiyeon. Best Jiyeon.

Peru

I've been too quick to judge songs before so I'm taking it slowly this time. The main meat of 'IGAB' - the "oh oh-ohohoh" and "I got a boy 멋진" parts are really strong, like, super powerful climaxes. The rest I have to figure out. The fact that they've got the..2nd best? dance routine of their career helps these moments shine. The first 30 seconds are cringe-worthy and I think we all would like to see that gone, but the rest of the song might establish itself as one of those '10-in-1' mixes that work, like Girls Aloud's "Biology". At its best they're at their best since Gee (in terms of Korean efforts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom