• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipse

Song is whatever.. Taeyeon flawless as usual though.

iMJYG1WeDuPLt.gif

damisa

Finally got around to watching IGAB. I don't like how it feels like 2-3 different songs that are remixed together. Oh well, at least they all look great. Hope the other songs on the album are better.

luso

I'm guessing you guys did a best of 2012. Would someone please link me the page with the discussion and results.

For the first Half of 2012 you can check here. Click on the categories to have more details.

Second time I listened IGAB it was from the MBC special.
I liked it more already. Each of the parts are great separately but together in the same song is still a little confusing.
There is already an edited version. Not necessarily better.

As for the other album songs there is none I dislike and I like the overall sound. Already better than The Boys.

dokish

Banned
Whats wrong with the boys? I like it.

The worst thing about IGAB is the concept/outfit. They already stablished a solid style of modern, refined, sensual women. Dressing everyone as a teenager from the 90s is fkn weird.

I dont know who is responsible for decidindo their new looks, but i will never understand this Sunny' hair decision. They didnt change the style to the previous one, so it seems that they actually LIKE this awful thing.

Calcaneus

Eh, didn't really like the album either. I like Express 999...and that's about it.

How on earth do you give your biggest group this kind of material?

Cuddler

This. Seriously this. I saw the Christmas ep that has Cuddler as a guest and Gary seriously shocked the hell out of me. Dude is seriously boss.

SPOILER
Blue team should have had a better tactics at the end. They were 3vs1.
ENDSPOILER Talking about Running Man it was the first time I've watched an episode and I was expecting way more. The show is funny, but not really that much, at least this episode. Fat jokes were so annoying and way too many (Ryu Dam falls in the water of the pool and they jokes about big waves...really?)...that makes me dislike (a little) basically everyone (but not really everyone) on the show...and like even more Ryu Dam (you guys can probably recognize him, he had a part in the episode 8 of Answer Me/Reply 1997), so cute, and even more adorable by the end of the show. SPOILER
I was so happy when he eliminated from the final game the MC and he did really well
ENDSPOILER. Shindong was strangely quiet (ok, maybe not in the first game), he seems to be more concentrated on winning than on makes people laugh. In fact he's called genius in one of the game and in another he made a new tactics to try to win. One of the hilarious moment for him was when in the first game he did this, lol. At the end he did a great job at the various games.

You can watch the Running Man episode with Shindong on youtube on one of the official SBS channels.
First part of Running Man with Shindong (the videos are numbered)

IGAB was......

tumblr_m28vsml8jK1qag992.gif

The whole 2-3 song mashup just didnt flow. Not to mention the mini solos injected throughout the song that just threw off the thing completely. They shouldve just stuck with the main vibe from the teaser instead.

I'm messing with the song on a music editor and trying to remove the random bits to make a more consistent song. Not much to salvage from the looks of it though.

Quadratic

Romantic Fantasy is pretty good so far. Nice to know the girls can carry a special on their own.

Sunny's hair needs to die in a fire. Pink one moment and green the next...

RM Thoughts

I agree, the fat jokes were kinda getting on my nerves. I understand that they're all fat and the guests themselves didn't mind the jokes but it was getting pretty awkward in certain scenes.

Wait, SBS uploads RM on YT now?? Does it have English subs?

I'm messing with the song on a music editor and trying to remove the random bits to make a more consistent song. Not much to salvage from the looks of it though.

Do this:

Flip the intro around. So instead of starting with Sooyoung and Yuri's rap, start with Fany's "Here comes trouble" and then end the segment at the point where she says she's gonna "put it another way" and place SooRi's rap segment on it. Then just leave everything else unchanged.

I did this earlier and it seems to flow better. It still doesn't flow perfectly, but it feels better to me so that's all I'm doing.

If you wanna hear a sample, drop me a PM lol.

Niks

Do this:

Flip the intro around. So instead of starting with Sooyoung and Yuri's rap, start with Fany's "Here comes trouble" and then end the segment at the point where she says she's gonna "put it another way" and place SooRi's rap segment on it. Then just leave everything else unchanged.

I did this earlier and it seems to flow better. It still doesn't flow perfectly, but it feels better to me so that's all I'm doing.

If you wanna hear a sample, drop me a PM lol.

Wrong.
Eliminate both Taeny and SooRi parts...then it would be a solid song.
Its like SM went, "give Sooyoung and Yuri something because "rap", and Taeny a part because "vocal", we dont care if they dont match the song, people will like it because "hipster".

XYZ, Express 999 (although its a 80s song and its also 2 songs) and TaeNys duet are pretty good.

Quadratic

Still not liking IGAB but the dance is so good live. Finished watching Romantic Fantasy and I'm looking forward to seeing this routine on the music shows.

Biscuits

I'm quite liking the album... Baby Maybe, X999, Lost in Love, Look at Me, even Romantic St., plus the 2 singles, they're all listenable :/

Alta1r

Now and it's the year end and DJ Masa has posted a great mashup of 75 k-pop songs of 2012. I'm a fan of mashups like DJ Earworm. I think this was done way better than Earworm's 2012 pop mashup the editing is top notch as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Oz2P11-uU2s#!

That was awesome. Do you know if he/she has done mixes like this for 2011 and 2010?

Check Soshified twitter.

i8uzDGMJ8bluH.png

inv6QEvxq06Lx.gif

Jaesuk and Suji doing the grasshopper dance lolol Lots more from the awards show on the same channel it seems.

Loll. Sujiya @________@

tumblr_mfapuhnuMP1r7i57oo1_500.gif

Alta1r

Since sites have been ranking songs, I don't think I seen anyone here done it yet. What are everyone's top 10 for the year? Probably best to ask now before the mayhem that starts January 1st.

1. Kuno's Roly Poly vs. OMG mashup
2. Neon Bunny - First Love
3. T-ara - Sexy Love
4. Dal Shabeet - Have, Don't Have
5. Nine Muses - Ticket
6. Girls Day - Don't Forget Me
7. 4 Minute - Volume Up

That's my top 7 for now. I don't really listen to boy bands as much, but Big Bang Bad Boy, Nu'Est Face and BtoB Insane were pretty great as well.

The older they get, the hotter HYOYEON, Yuri and SooYoung get and the rest get uglier.

Father Time is so kind to those so deserving of his favour.

images

I know it's quick and dirty but I couldn't resist...

iOKmFhJ392i3g.gif

LOL. Amazing.

tumblr_mfapt20Cv81qb7itvo1_250.jpg
tumblr_mfapt20Cv81qb7itvo3_250.jpg

catmincer

Since sites have been ranking songs, I don't think I seen anyone here done it yet. What are everyone's top 10 for the year? Probably best to ask now before the mayhem that starts January 1st.

2012 had some awesome songs so I am going to rank them based on my last.fm plays (Mobile and PC)

1: After School - Flashback
2: GLAM - Party (XXO)
3: T-ara - Day by Day
4: Rania - Style
5: 2NE1 - I love you
6: Gangkiz - Super Love (Don't laugh)
7: T-ara - Sexy Love
8: Gangkiz - Mama
9: Chi-Chi - Love is energy
10: 4Minute - Volume up

Alta1r

and they might add a new member...

:(

sad

Down. Another (probably) hot member to a group, why not?

I dont know about you guys, but I enjoyed the majority of those songs. My hype for it has actually gone up a bit. Not sure about I Got A Boy though.

They haven't cut Minah yet so they obviously don't know what they're doing.

Lol. Low blow.
But I agree.

luso, I love you.

ibtj3Of0ioFB9o.gif

tumblr_mfap7rYkIz1rf4jtoo1_500.jpg

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
2012 had some awesome songs so I am going to rank them based on my last.fm plays (Mobile and PC)

Needs 9M. Could replace Mama with a miss A song and Day by Day with 'Don't Leave' but other than that... this is a good list. Chi-Chi so good.

Cuddler

I have a soft spot for Super Junior-M. I will patiently await the full version.
I like the Super Junior-M songs, at least the one that have an MV, don't really know about the others. Part of me wish that Shindong was part of Super Junior-M, but I greatly prefer him to concentrate on his already busy schedule and have some rest if it's possible, since the promotion days are really tiring. One Comeback every year is good enough. For the full MV (or the full song, I'm not sure) you will have to wait until January 7. (Not 100% sure but it should be the right date)
I agree, the fat jokes were kinda getting on my nerves. I understand that they're all fat and the guests themselves didn't mind the jokes but it was getting pretty awkward in certain scenes.

Wait, SBS uploads RM on YT now?? Does it have English subs?
Yes, KBS, SBS and MBC upload a lot of full show on youtube, without English subs unfortunately. Plus you have to find them using Hangul, I found this searching for Shindong name using Hangul, but it probably works also searching the name of Running Man using Hangul.
Doesn't SBS have a US channel? They should do something with iSUBS.
I think it's KBS that has a US channel, it's called KBS World and trasmits shows with English subtitles.

catmincer

Needs 9M. Could replace Mama with a miss A song and Day by Day with 'Don't Leave' but other than that... this is a good list. Chi-Chi so good.

I listened to Touch a lot earlier in the year but that was before I had a phone which could scrobble so that it likely why it wasn't there.

As for 9M, I really like News but I don't know any of their other songs. :(

Yes, Chi-Chi are really good :D

Alta1r

bonus god tier gif
ib18IwAS9CbQXq.gif

yuri <3

ibtj3Of0ioFB9o.gif
ibtj3Of0ioFB9o.gif

ibtj3Of0ioFB9o.gif
ibtj3Of0ioFB9o.gif

Got my bottle of soju, friend has a bottle of Patron, hopefully I survive the last day of the year for Soshi comeback!

Happy New Years kpopgaf! Stay safe.

idWsli.gif

milkman knows all about soju.

also after really getting in to snsd I don't care for Secret all that much...besides Sunhwa... I'm like 100% sone.... I really loved that kara performance though first time I like them....but really there is waay to many groups/bands for me to keep track of them all. snsd 4 lif besides not other group has Tae and fany.. :p

ibvjVZkCcbpOyR.gif

tumblr_mfad6tqeML1r4oun7o1_1280.jpg

llehuty

Woo! New GLAM MV is is finally out

http://youtu.be/Dwm7IlPO1Uo

Edit: Actually watched it. It's good, song is actually good too.
Ten times better than the comeback performance. The video is quite good.

Poor korean girl, trying to promote her music in Spain... gets this
"Gang Ga" style

I got a boy ringtones

Edit: Top 10 of 2012

1.- BoA - Only One
2.- Nine Muses - News
3.- BoA - The shadow
4.- KARA - Pandora (Last gayo performance to blame for this)
5.- After School - Flashback
6.- Girl's Day - Don't Forget Me
7.- Orange Caramel - Lipstick
8.- Younha - Run
9.- Dalshabet - Have, don't have
10.- f(x) - Electric shock

Wrong.
Eliminate both Taeny and SooRi parts...then it would be a solid song.

I'm gonna try and see how that works. What I did was try to keep everything and not edit things out. Been listening to my edit for a while and it works well, and I gave it to my irl SONE friends and they too think it works better. But I'll try your idea and see if it'll make it better.

Btw, best parts of the song is the chorus at 2:23 that "da da" part at the end of the lines is genius and dat bassline at 3:48.

Anyway, my top 10 list:

1. Big Bang - Bad Boy
1. BoA - Only One
3. Eunji, Inguk - All For You
4. Ailee - I Will Show you
5. TTS - Twinkle
6. Miss A - I don't need a man
7. A Pink - Bubibu
8. Neon Bunny - Oh My Prince
9. Miss A - Touch
10. Secret - Poison

Bad Boy and Only One are tied especially if I were to judge just the songs. Meanwhile if I factor in the MV's Only One winds hands down. The dance mv to Only One was all kinds of epic. It's still one of my favorite choreographies I've ever seen.

Here my other list that's basically all of Korean music, so hip hop and all that good stuff is included.

1. Primary and the Messengers - Entry Clearance ft. Choiza and Simon D
2. Big Bang - Bad Boy
2. BoA - Only one
4. Primary and the Messengers - LOVE ft. Bumkey, Paloalto
5. LeesSang - My Love
6. Ailee - I will Show you
7. TTS - Love Sick
8. LeesSang - Someday
9. Eunji, Inguk - All For You
10. Miss A - I don't need a man
11. Primary and the Messengers - Manna ft. Zion.T
12. TTS - Twinkle
13. J Rabbit - To My Love
14. A Pink - Bubibu
15. Ailee - Shut up ft. Simon D
16. LeesSang - Pursuit of Happiness ft. Jo Hyuna of Urban Zakapa
17. Neon Bunny - Oh My Prince
18. BoA - The Shadow
19. Jay Park - I Can't Live Without You (Acoustic ver)
20. Girls Day - Don't Forget Me

Same thing with Only One and Bad Boy, but hands down Entry Clearance by Primary is the best damn thing to come out this year. The first time I heard that song, [insert words that only Dokish would say]. That song is just soo damn good no matter how many times I listen to it. And once I factor in the lyrics... damn, I think Primary wrote the song for me. Describes pretty much the start of every relationship I've had hahaha.

Also, dat TaeNy duet is sooooo good. It might just be my favorite song off the album.

Hellix

1. Kuno's Roly Poly vs. OMG mashup
2. Neon Bunny - First Love
3. T-ara - Sexy Love
4. Dal Shabeet - Have, Don't Have
5. Nine Muses - Ticket
6. Girls Day - Don't Forget Me
7. 4 Minute - Volume Up

Wow, OMG actually does go well with Roly Poly. Honestly never heard of Neon Bunny, but listening to some of the songs on Youtube I think I like her.

Never paid attention to Gangkiz, but I think I like that Super Love song on first listen. I liked 'Love is energy' too; the hand-blender shit blew my mind when I first saw it.

Top 10 of 2012

1.- BoA - Only One
2.- Nine Muses - News
3.- BoA - The shadow
4.- KARA - Pandora (Last gayo performance to blame for this)
5.- After School - Flashback
6.- Girl's Day - Don't Forget Me
7.- Orange Caramel - Lipstick
8.- Younha - Run
9.- Dalshabet - Have, don't have
10.- f(x) - Electric shock

I prefer 'The shadow' over 'Only One' but they are both good. I feel bad for not putting any BoA on my list.

Primary seems to get a lot of love here. I wish I can get into it, but I am not really a hip hop person... at least not those types of songs. It is probably why Big Bang's Bad Boy doesn't rank high for me, though I don't completely hate it either.

I cheated a bit by making a list for the first and second half of 2012. I noticed I was more inclined to choose songs released in the past couple months or so, when there were a lot of songs I liked earlier in the year. Its probably impossible to limit it to 10 but its a nice number.

2012 Jan-Jun
10. TaeTiSeo - Library
9. miss A - Lips
8. Sistar - Lead Me
7. After School - Flashback
6. f(x) - Electric Shock
5. 4minute - Volume Up
4. Ailee - Heaven
3. Shinhwa - Venus
2. Big Bang - Love Dust
1. Infinite - Chaser

2012 Jul-Dec
10. Orange Caramel - Lipstick
9. Son Dam Bi - Wanna Be With You
8. T-ara - Sexy Love
7. Kara - Pandora
6. Ga In - Bloom
5. NS Yoon-G - If You Love Me (Feat. Jay Park)
4. G-Dragon - Crayon
3. Girl's Day - Don't Forget Me
2. Younha - Run
1. B2ST - Beautiful Night

Selane

Hard to pick numbers, but it'd be something like this:

10. After School - Flashback
9. Chocolat - One More Day(where the hell are they?)
8. Kara - Electric Boy *dodges tomatoes being thrown*
7. f(x) - Electric Shock
6. Sistar - Alone
5. Orange Caramel - Lipstick
4. A Pink - Hush
3. TVXQ - Catch Me
2. Crayon Pop - Bing Bing
1. Nine Muses - News

Top 10 2012:
1. BIGBANG - Blue
2. Jay Park - Turn Off Your Phone
3. Son Dam Bi - Dripping Tears
4. G-Dragon - CrayOn
5. BIGBANG - Ain't No Fun
6. Jay Park - I Love You
7. BIGBANG - Fantastic Baby
8. BEAST - Beautiful Night
9. G-Dragon - One of a Kind
10. BIGBANG - Bad Boy

Alta1r

Look at it this way. Say this concept/song were from a rookie group that had just debuted. Do you think people would:

A: say 'look at these scrubs' and dismiss it pretty much immediately as a huge disaster on every level

or

B: try really hard to find good things to say about it for some reason, even though there pretty much are none and it doesn't deserve it

But hey, it's SNSD, it must be good! I like how half the comments people make are 'I'm sure it will grow on me', which is a more polite way of saying 'I don't like it'.

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

No one's trying to convince you to like it.

Been listening to Epik High- It's cold.

Any other Epik High recommendations? First time I've listened to them so don't know where to start.

Fan
One
One Minute, One Second remix

All sooooo good.

I really love all the hate IGaB is getting, let me give y'all an opinion of a musician...

Look at it this way. The entire song is radically different than anything else we've heard. It's not your typical pop music that your ears love to hear. Why do you think other musical genres exist? Why do you think people even bother to make music that doesn't commercially sell? Simple: creativity.

What we have here is SM and Soshi trying to become creative and bringing out shit that breaks the mold. Yet people are bitching that it sounds so different than anything else out there... what.

With that said, IGaB is no way perfect... it actually has many faults that I can easily point out and I'm in no way stanning the song. What I'm stanning here is how SM and Soshi are trying to break the mold by being different than every K-Pop act out there.

Y'all act like only Soshi is trying to break the mold here. Ever heard of the K-Pop group called 2NE1?

It's not that I don't appreciate them trying to break the mold. Just that the way they decided to do it is not a good song IMO. That's the risk you take with creativity, I guess.

tumblr_mfa7z4jGQu1qdhgiko6_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom