• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

I like that they tried to translate 'motherfucker' into an equivalent Korean word but they chose one that's... too weak.

I've been too quick to judge songs before so I'm taking it slowly this time. The main meat of 'IGAB' - the "oh oh-ohohoh" and "I got a boy 멋진" parts are really strong, like, super powerful climaxes. The rest I have to figure out. The fact that they've got the..2nd best? dance routine of their career helps these moments shine. The first 30 seconds are cringe-worthy and I think we all would like to see that gone, but the rest of the song might establish itself as one of those '10-in-1' mixes that work, like Girls Aloud's "Biology". At its best they're at their best since Gee (in terms of Korean efforts).

Also the end when they're pumping all three choruses or something at once rocks.

luso

They tried, tried really hard to uglify Taeyeon with that hair. Mission failed.
Also I ordered a random cover, but I think is not possible now to choose a specific cover.

Wow Hyo (also showing more skin)
What they have done to Sunny... I read was the least ordered cover in one selling site. Probably overall?...

Y'all know I pull no punches......That song fuckin sucked....

Hyo and Soo Young owned the video though.

Funny enough I expected that song to be playing everywhere over here today.......Not so.

magenta

Hyunyoung selca

i4d62ibYCzrax.jpg

I wonder what skincare routine these girls go through, they always look so good.

SNSD's western record label Universal might had an influence on the concept of IGAB. A European songwriter/producer called Will Simms who is signed to Universal Music Publishing Group is behind the song:

http://www.umusicpub.co.uk/en-GB/Artists/W/Will-Simms.aspx

There's a korean analyst who suggests that it was created with the American/European market in mind:

http://forums.allkpop.com/threads/t...ning-behind-snsds-i-got-a-boy-concept.107644/

The problem with this (apart from the language barrier) is that IGAB is the type of song that needs repeated listens for the song to sink in and i'm not sure it will get that chance in the west.

Conceptor

Happy New Year to Salazar and nobody else xoxo
See! You started it!

Don't like the start of IGAB but everything else sounds good. The choreo definitely redeems the song for me. God-awful wig still does nothing to stop Taengoo though. Sica, Fany, Seobb and Yuri looking great in those photobook pics too.

Ahhhhh Naeun and Chorong in those Blue Jays shirts <3

Phono those shops are good, but I wish I knew who all those random pop-gaf gifs were of :(

Niks

I love Taeng, but those He-Man photos are atrocious. Good god SM...
edit: jongkookie can you pm your edit?

This is much better.

Peru said:
I've been too quick to judge songs before so I'm taking it slowly this time. The main meat of 'IGAB' - the "oh oh-ohohoh" and "I got a boy &#47691;&#51652;" parts are really strong, like, super powerful climaxes. The rest I have to figure out. The fact that they've got the..2nd best? dance routine of their career helps these moments shine. The first 30 seconds are cringe-worthy and I think we all would like to see that gone, but the rest of the song might establish itself as one of those '10-in-1' mixes that work, like Girls Aloud's "Biology". At its best they're at their best since Gee (in terms of Korean efforts).

Also the end when they're pumping all three choruses or something at once rocks.

Agreed, the song definitively needs a lot of listens to get into it. But its got some very solid powerful parts.
I wonder if SM is going to release a "radio" version of it without the excess parts.

Just saw IGAB. Catchy beat, great dances with a mix of cute, classy, and hip hop style concepts. I like it and can't wait to see live performances. Perhaps their best in Korea since Gee and Genie.

And, <3 Sooyoung

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
sooyoung's eyes bug the fuck out of me. they always do that.

anyways, phono go to bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom