• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niks

ibqkLu38oRZt9Y.jpg

iblXFUq1WnLTRE.jpg

Honey Bunny

This. Is. Amazing.

http://beyondhallyu.com/k-pop/girls-generation-i-got-a-boy/

However, I was still shocked by how blatantly this song flaunts it’s reductionist, and frankly insulting, view of women. By using a more complex song structure to tell more stories and show more points of view, this song manages to create an even worse image of young women than songs like ‘Oh!’

On top of the lyrics, the video portrays these women as consistently childish and incompetent – Tiffany cannot eat without making a mess, Yuri is made ecstatically happy by a ridiculously oversized teddy bear, Seohyun is unable to tie her own shoelaces and Hyoyeon throws a toddler-esque temper tantrum because her boyfriend is slightly late. They are also, most worryingly, styled and filmed to look like dolls throughout with a particularly creepy close-up of Tiffany’s face which is oddly still and robotic with dead-looking eyes and Sooyoung dressed in a nightdress and oversized hair bow. Sunny’s boy even gets to paint her nails, just like playing with a real doll!

They are a very hard-working, influential group of young women and by giving them concepts like this which reduce them to vacuous, pretty faces shows a deep disrespect to them both as professionals and people and creates an example for how women should be valued which negatively impacts them and potentially all other women in society

Get your shit together Fany, you're ruining Korea

fany+incheon+airport+120701_25.jpg

JKTrix

I never really understood the obsession with sneakers, or Jordans specifically. Completely went over my head growing up.

Chuckie

I never really understood the obsession with sneakers, or Jordans specifically. Completely went over my head growing up.

Sneakers are cool. I am more of an Adidas guy, although I also have a pair of Nikes.

Sunny is looking horrible in that gif btw. It is just getting worse and worse.

giri

as a general rule, you shouldn't be wearing them as going out shoes once you turn 16.

Or you're over 65.

20130102_jiyoon_twitter.jpg

Jiyooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

RubyFaith

#Pray4Soyeonfanboy

Block B haven't gotten paid since debut. They're suing their company. 2013 will be the year of great scandals.

giri

#Pray4Soyeonfanboy

Block B haven't gotten paid since debut. They're suing their company. 2013 will be the year of great scandals.

I think there will be a few interesting situations like this, this year, in korea.

There were a few TV shows that hadn't been paid, so production just stopped too.

Ym1r

Was she part of SNSD?

Taken from her wikipage

Soyeon was formerly a trainee under SM Entertainment, preparing to be a member of girl group Girls' Generation. However, she left the company six months before their debut due to personal circumstances. After debuting with T-ara she revealed on the show Taxi that at that time she felt the opportunity came so easily and she was in two minds, not fully prepared for the debut.

RubyFaith

Former After School leader Kahi posted a gloomy message on Twitter.

On January 4th (KST), she wrote, “I. Have. No fear. About death. I. Just. Hate. Suicide. I. Wanted to die. But I just live on. I. Just. Hate it. Just… Hate it…. I’m going insane. With hate. ……“

KAHI!!!!
D:
D:
D:

ryan-ts

Seems like Kahi might need some professional help. Problem is, they look down on that sort of thing in South Korea. I hope her friends can steer her in the right direction because she doesn't sound mentally healthy.

Ashhong

Seems like Kahi might need some professional help. Problem is, they look down on that sort of thing in South Korea. I hope her friends can steer her in the right direction because she doesn't sound mentally healthy.

They look down on shrinks in Korea? Seems odd..

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
people are saying someone close to her probably attempted suicide or actually went through with it. and also it's translated wrong, apparently.

Ashhong

It's more or less right. But it sounds more like she's making a statement on suicide rather than saying she wants to die. Though she does say sometimes she wants to die but she lives on, fights through it etc etc

Yeah, South Korea is a strange place. Anyway, I hope Kahi will be alright.

Didn't she move to the States? Thought I heard something like that.

Anyway, if it was a mistranslation and she's referring to someone else, hope that individual has support. Even thoughts of suicide suck to hear about.

RubyFaith

SMH @ Pledis. Kahi could have been a great solo artist. They didn't keep the momentum of Dambi's career going and now no1kara about her.
:/

---

Seob got his third win on Mcountdown last night. Triple crown. His sales for Caffeine are actually better than Beast's Midnight AND Beautiful Night sales.

tumblr_mewif75fBm1rrqgb9o1_r4_250.gif

I just watched girls generation since it was on the front page of YouTube. I'm still kind of confused by it. I'd never seen a K-Pop video before. Easily replaceable girls, lots of flash and negative amounts of substance. is all K-Pop just Korean versions of Dream?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I just watched girls generation since it was on the front page of YouTube. I'm still kind of confused by it. I'd never seen a K-Pop video before. Easily replaceable girls, lots of flash and negative amounts of substance. is all K-Pop just Korean versions of Dream?
Sucks that it had to be that video... :(

(._.)

Banned

how are you allergic to pussy? what does that mean?

vanty

Many (if not most) people seems regard that as their worst ever single, so check out some other stuff by other acts before you are turned off of the whole thing. If you don't like pop music already though, you probably won't like kpop.

Nu ABO by f(x) is the best there is, so you should check out that hotness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom