• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pendulum

Who has time for 4 minute?

Huh? Oh you.

tumblr_m3zbd7cb4e1qdcel5o4_250.gif

_woLf

I just listened to the new Girls Generation song.

Dat change of style is weird. Not necessarily a bad thing, but weird.

also, dat jessica

dokish

Banned
LOL.

When I said that Jiyoon has voice enough to go solo and perform really good live with her voice, nobody agreed. Dice said she was Just average and nothing special.

:(

2San

LOL.

When I said that Jiyoon has voice enough to go solo and perform really good live with her voice, nobody agreed. Dice said she was Just average and nothing special.

I always thought the she was pretty good on Immortal Song(sadly she never won I think). She's good enough to have a solo album. I doubt she'd make it if she left 4minute completely. The market for idol soloists seems pretty tough.

Hellix

Jiyoon is #1. Best face, best voice, best personality http://youtu.be/6Cl9F2soxG4

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

She definitely has a great personality, NFI what dice is on about.

Yuuuuuup, Jiyoon #1

Agree with this.

LOL.

Finally some Jiyoon love.

NcSvG.png

I always thought the she was pretty good on Immortal Song(sadly she never won I think). She's good enough to have a solo album. I doubt she'd make it if she left 4minute completely. The market for idol soloists seems pretty tough.

She won once with DJ Koo.

Niks

we should make something like this

Was thinking about this the other day.

Instead of albums we should do a top 20 list of essential k-pop songs for anyone new to k-pop. (not necessarily best songs but most representative songs).
Said list could go in the OT of course.

giri

Instead of albums we should do a top 20 list of essential k-pop songs for anyone new to k-pop. (not necessarily best songs but most representative songs).

Except that on the whole, it's a very small group, and there are large biases. e.g. i doubt 2ne1 would make any list, and yet... they most certainly should.

Niks

Except that on the whole, it's a very small group, and there are large biases. e.g. i doubt 2ne1 would make any list, and yet... they most certainly should.

We could limit the number of songs from one artist to 2-3 songs.

Hellix

It would be a good idea. If I try to show someone K-pop, it would be nice to know what songs to go to first. From listening to hundreds of songs, it isn't easy picking songs for new listeners.

Deadly

Were the tracks from the first Soshi album even any good? I think the Oh! album would have much more general appeal just for the singles it had.

giri

Were the tracks from the first Soshi album even any good? I think the Oh! album would have much more general appeal just for the singles it had.

Yeah, i dare say Gee/Oh!/Genie brought more soshi fans than ITNW did really.

ITNW is pretty awesome doe.

Niks

It would be a good idea. If I try to show someone K-pop, it would be nice to know what songs to go to first. From listening to hundreds of songs, it isn't easy picking songs for new listeners.

Yeah exactly, that would be the idea.

That's a terrible idea. What's good is subjective and no one agrees with anyone else on anything.

You dont think any kara, 2ne1, t-ara, beg, snsd songs (to name a few) should be in that list?

What's good is subjective and no one agrees with anyone else on anything.

I agree. There has to be a consensus on what's good and what isn't, or another idea would be to find songs that changed the landscape of K-Pop. For example, off the top of my head: Gee and Genie for Soshi, Bo Peep for T-Ara, Mister for Kara, Nobody by the WonderGirls, and Hot Issue for Hyuna and the 4Minutes.

I think going by this, it would be easier to establish a consensus on what song to put.

The idea is to make them like Kpop, not hate it.

LOL.

Also, I think I'm gonna agree with giri on this one. Soshi's RDR album is probably one of the best albums that was released simply because it's practically a compilation of their hits. If anybody needs an introduction on what Soshi is, then the RDR album is the best start.

Peru

SNSD - Run Devil Run

has, RDR, Oh!, Genie and Gee.

So i'm assuming you mean no contest after that album?

That's a very SHITTY album, we're not looking for candidates for worst k-pop filler.

SNSD's Japanese album is a contender but just because they've added some good singles to a poor album (RDR/Oh) doesn't make it work any more as an album.

giri

That's a very SHITTY album, we're not looking for candidates for worst k-pop filler.

SNSD's Japanese album is a contender but just because they've added some good singles to a poor album (RDR/Oh) doesn't make it work any more as an album.

Considering you just put forward breaking heart, that's fairly flawed.

If you want better albums, I'd say look at 4Minute. Their Volume Up album is great all the way through.

Or Wonder Girls - Wonder World.

Both are much better than Breaking Heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom