• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

I'll throw up a poll shall i?

Down.

Check out this Axis of Awesome video where they lay down the music at it's basic core. All of the songs in their own original form are actually pretty amazing, but this makes them sound like a piece of crap lol.

Lol. I love that video. We watched it last year when we were discussing intellectual property rights and whether anyone could try to patent that chord progression or any permutation thereof.
The answer is more or less no.
I picked up the song when it dropped on iTunes cause it sounds great as it is. A motherf*ckin birdplane!

tumblr_inline_mgjankzm6j1rb0u7i.gif

As one of the masses, I have to agree with spink's assessment. Music that starts getting too complex doesn't sound good at all in my ears.

tumblr_mgmkb90Vkv1s185qjo2_400.gif

Kuno

EVERYONE said:
T-ara Breaking Heart da bes

Never thought about it, but I can't really argue. "Wanna Play" is mah jam right there.

CNBlue release their music video for 'I'm Sorry' which was shot in London:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p3cKsDCA0Y

Its their best single in a while and surprisingly FNC allowed CNBlue's leader Yonghwa to write the title track (instead of that songwriter who kept remaking the same song)

I was surprised by this, "I'm Sorry" is really good! CN Blue tracks had all been sounding alike for a while, and this breaks that trend nicely.

Keen-Clapping-After-Loss.gif

Fafnir

Music Core is the best music show by far. Best MCs and the video editors are not ADD. Inkigayo has a good stage but the vid editors seem to have gone to the same ADD training as Music Bank's.
P7rJi.gif

Music Core 1/12
ngsa9.gif

IHsje.gif
O5ViT.gif

94lrN.gif
KFcTJ.gif

K468h.gif
8HRIT.gif
k4Oxc.gif

g8nm3.gif
UBq4K.gif

Show show show!
CfuIE.gif

Hardcore recognition test. Sica was the hardest for me to recognize.
zyHrQ.jpg

UbmNr.jpg

GTcTa.jpg

Pendulum

Passed with SNSD wig test with flying colours. I've studied well.

tumblr_mglaaj4oQZ1qdcel5o1_500.gif

Wasn't someone identifying them from their hands a while back?

giri

How many songs should we keep it at? 40? I can do a huge section at the very top of the first post.

Well.....

There's 2 ways you can do it, run down the list of the major groups and have a song from each.

Or a generalised list of 40 seems too big, 30 or 20?

You could even quite easily put it into a YouTube play list that they can just click straight on in to.

Hellix

Well.....

There's 2 ways you can do it, run down the list of the major groups and have a song from each.

You could even quite easily put it into a YouTube play list that they can just click straight on in to.

Well, a song from each group would be more diverse but maybe some groups deserve to have more than one song on the list.

I think 25 is a good number.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Well.....

Do you think you could have that poll out today? I'm really interested in doing this.

giri

Do you think you could have that poll out today? I'm really interested in doing this.

I can have it done by the time i go to bed tonight.

Do you want to has out how you want to arrange it?

one per group

top 25

... etc

from there it shouldn't take too long to fill it out.

AReed

Hyoyoung
(the better of the Ryu twins)
Twitter update:

yw1Fx.jpg

I think she's prettier than most kpop idols. Has anyone seen the drama she's in (School 2013)? Any good?

giri

Hyoyoung
(the better of the Ryu twins)
Twitter update:

I think she's prettier than most kpop idols. Has anyone seen the drama she's in (School 2013)? Any good?

I assume most of the people here will see School 2013 because dice will start watching it for Danni.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I can have it done by the time i go to bed tonight.

Do you want to has out how you want to arrange it?

one per group

top 25

... etc

from there it shouldn't take too long to fill it out.
How about.. we list 24 questions (24 artists so it flows nicely in the op) with 4 possible answers (songs) and a spot for Other (if a song is not listed.) Can only choose one answer. The song, to the person filling out this survey, should be considered an "essential" kpop song. If 24 artists isn't enough, then i suggest 28 or 32 artists.

giri

How about.. we list 24 questions (24 artists so it flows nicely in the op) with 4 possible answers (songs) and a spot for Other (if a song is not listed.) Can only choose one answer. The song, to the person filling out this survey, should be considered an "essential" kpop song. If 24 artists isn't enough, then i suggest 28 or 32 artists.

K.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
for now, we should get list of 24 artists. If anyone feels like an artist is missing then just add onto it until we, as a whole, are satisified. Then from there on, the survey can be written out.

Alta1r

made a banner while at work for "kpop gaf essentials" but i know there's some people here that are actually creative. if any of you have time, can you give it a shot? dimensions are 932x172:

http://i2.minus.com/ivZuelBNfUiTe.png

edit: logo stolen from noeul, sry bb

I like it.

ibtj3Of0ioFB9o.gif

Wow. This look for her is ridiculously good.

Well.....

Well, a song from each group would be more diverse but maybe some groups deserve to have more than one song on the list.

I think 25 is a good number.

Yeah, I like the 25 or so generalized list with potentially more than one song per group. And if we actually do put it into a grid like the original image we can ask the music majors/connoisseurs in here to break the rows/columns into coherent categories.

tumblr_mgmwf40FsS1qcackso1_500.gif

giri

How long is the poll going to be up for? I'd like to vote, but have a pretty busy day ahead.

At least a week. Maybe till the end of January so people can go away and listen to the songs again before voting too?

Wouldn't be an over night thing.

luso

From my experience most votes are sent within 48h but this poll may be different if people really listen to the songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom