• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Selane

I'm not sure about that. I mean, I'm absolutely sure that 'Kara' will continue to exist, you're certainly right about that. But I'm not sure there won't be some restructuring. I think Jiyoung is quitting no matter what, so the best case scenario is they go to 4 members...but I think they're basically gonna tell Nicole to take a hike and add 1 or 2 new members to the remaining 3. Ugh.

giri

I'm not sure about that. I mean, I'm absolutely sure that 'Kara' will continue to exist, you're certainly right about that. But I'm not sure there won't be some restructuring. I think Jiyoung is quitting no matter what, so the best case scenario is they go to 4 members...but I think they're basically gonna tell Nicole to take a hike and add 1 or 2 new members to the remaining 3. Ugh.

I think Jing only goes if nicole does. If coles around, i think she'll stay on for the next 2 years.

You only get so many opportunities like they currently have.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
impossibly cute kyungri bb

tumblr_mvxk7iKr3O1qkljdfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvxk7iKr3O1qkljdfo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvxk88KNkU1qkljdfo1_1280.jpg

Ashhong

Going back to his r&b style from Hot would be nice. Gotta admit, the dance version of Ringa Linga is pretty nice though.

I don't know Hot. Was that before Solar? I really liked his style on Solar and just want that back. Can still hear it in the slower piano parts of Ringa Linga so I hope he stays true to that sound. He can't forget the popularity that Wedding Dress brought him

Dice

예뻐 예뻐 is really fun. But I really got into their debut stuff as well.
The production on their early stuff could be better. Hurt the experience for me.

I prefer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNZQ1KhjqcA

Sojungs voice is so good <3
Dadala
I find it charmingly annoying, which is a good thing, similar to Two X. I don't know how to describe this except it is some sickness I developed to enjoy being slightly annoyed.

DAT ASHLEY THO I CAN'T EVEN

BTW it's her birthday tomorrow (in Korea)

luso

Eh.

I personally think it will be resolved positively. Because DSP basically can't afford for Kara to break up. They basically prop up the whole agency.

So while DSP appear to be entirely incompetent for the most part, i'm sure money will speak in the end.

Nah, DSP will say "we'll be fine with Rainbow, bye Kara"
not really...

tumblr_mvxwqo89RL1rp2chco2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvxwqo89RL1rp2chco4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvwqjyR1oD1rp2chco6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvxu9lxkv11rp2chco2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvxwpdmCUv1s62mv7o1_1280.jpg

ip2UCQaZ0onJr.jpg

llehuty

I would like Taeyang and GD to be two independent and differentiable acts, but I'll take that awesome choreo.

Miss A - Hush (Mu bank comeback stage). I'm going to need a dance version or a good fancam of this. I'm not into propy performances, but this one is great.

MR.MR - Do you feel me. Never payed attention to this group, but I like this song.

VIXX 'Only U'

Really nice song!

Yess, this is great. I love this group, they still have the best concept/choreography/lyrics of the year.

Loci

I'm going to have to start watching this now, aren't I?

kangjiii uploads every single frame the Muses appear on Korean TV onto youtube, so idunno.
I'd be interested in it. I liked 1997 but I don't think the prequel can live up to the original.

Eunji was too good.

Eldren

VIXX 'Only U'

Really nice song!

Nice! I don't think I've liked any of their singles apart from Hyde but this is really good. The video made me feel like I was watching an ad for a clothing designer's new fall/winter collection. Loved the outro guitar solo.

Whatcha doin Eunji

Socks and sandals. Eunji why.

Sunny & Sooyoung said:

Hyoyeon said:
a75dfc20481011e396c322000ab5c70d_8.jpg

her name is vivian~! so cute

Who wants to be the first to make a "two dogs" joke? Anyone?

6-ARA 2010: http://youtu.be/KbRFDv6cjFk
6-ARA 2013: http://youtu.be/Wo2t5LduSIA from hyomin's instagram a few minutes ago

please don't mess with them anymore KKS!!!

brb, crying manly tears of T6 love ;_;

Who wants to be the first to make a "two dogs" joke? Anyone?

Come on now, no one would say that...there's obviously only one dog in that photo. The other is an adorable little puppy :)
I'm so sorry, I don't mean that :(

I don't know if these made their way around here, but I scanned these two things, so, nine muses pls:

Anybody know if Miss A released an acapella or even an instrumental version for Hush?

Been working on my remix and I got some ideas down already but this would be so much better if I can get just the acapella. As minimalistic the original is, there's actually a ton of stuff going on behind and adding stuff on is just further degrades the quality.

They don't even have to be perfect acapellas, just something that almost eliminates the backing track.

Dice

My super late and super informed AoA rankings:

1) Goddess Seolhyun
2) Hyejeong bapie
3) Brunette qt girl
4) Black haired qt
5) Sandy blonde girl who looks too much like Hyejeong
6) Blondie-blonde girl
7) Jimin

Once they change hair again I'll have to start over.

So if this is redditor is correct, they really don't give a shit about Hyo...

The top picture was shot during Hyo's b-day... notice the similarities to the pic on the bottom?

That's from the MyOhMy MV.

I'm not a Hyo stan but even I feel bad that she had to film the MV during her b-day.

Peru

Really? Do you get a day off at work on your birthday?

The Taeyang dance vid is craze. Also funniest youtube comment:

Though I'm a big fan of Taeyang and Bigbang, I really don't like them.

neoism

So if this is redditor is correct, they really don't give a shit about Hyo...

The top picture was shot during Hyo's b-day... notice the similarities to the pic on the bottom?

That's from the MyOhMy MV.

I'm not a Hyo stan but even I feel bad that she had to film the MV during her b-day.
lol if you mean they is in SM they dun care about any of the girls they worked sick, hurt, and on their bdays.... Hyo is a sista to them all... just a hater on reddit being retarded.. :/

Biscuits

I'm really feeling Ringa Linga. The song and concept are definitely influenced by A$AP Rocky but I have no problem with that. And no wubwubwub, thank god. Dance is dope as usual.

jMoZpoU.jpg

Eldren

There are times when I do suspect that SM doesn't give a shit about Hyo but I don't think I'd count that birthday photo as evidence.

I'd look more at:
- her complete lack of lines in their songs (I Got A Boy is a ~40min long album, her lines total less than 1 minute; her longest and best line, in Baby Maybe, was writted by Yuri and Sooyoung. Throughout their discography, most of her so-called "solo lines" are shared with another member or someone sings over her, with some exceptions, eg. Run Devil Run where she has great lines.);
- SM and Universal Japan not bothering to promote her (this ad for Gee (JP) is the very definition of "blink and you'll miss it");
- having the shittiest styling for years while the other girls looked flawless or at least cute eg. Oh!, Hoot, Kissing You, Visual Dreams (thank god for The Boys era fixing that);
- being billed as "the main dancer" while not getting to show that off. At least in some of their older songs she was given a 5-second long dance break to compensate for having one line, but now SM don't even bother with that while still not giving her any decent vocal parts. During live performances on tour, they use those dance breaks to walk back to the main stage or to give Tiffany a chance to "rap".
- some of these criticisms could apply to Yoona but at least she's always in the centre and receives massive amounts of promo. You can count on one hand the number of times Hyo has been in the centre for anything (I was pleasantly surprised to see her there during the middle part of Galaxy Supernova.) Instead she's shoved to the back, right off to one side, where you can barely see her.

Whatever. She's probably having more fun in Hong Kong hanging out with randoms and getting money from Topshop:
91f5be9a490511e38e780ec19be2b448_8.jpg

My last night in #hongkong @Topshop
I guess you could say she's Jes-sic-a
I am hilarious
iRrdwmOd9iIuh.gif

Exo promoting Nature Republic said:
BYoKPMUCIAAP3gL.jpg:large

Chanyeol is the best member of Exo, sorry Isuzu.
Sera posting an awkward vertical photo said:
BYoTH9ICAAMfr7-.jpg:large

&#47952;&#44032; &#45208;&#50500;&#50857;? Which one is better ?
Both are good, Sera.
Moon (Best) Hyuna said:
8a5e9eb448fa11e38c2c22000ab6913c_8.jpg

&#48124;&#54616;&#44032; &#51088;&#44984; &#47803;&#52237;&#45716;&#45796;&#44256;&#45440;&#47532;&#51648;&#47564; &#49324;&#49892;&#44536;&#44172;&#52572;&#44256;&#50556; &#51060; &#48148;&#48372;&#50556; #&#51064;&#49373;&#52572;&#44256;&#47196;_&#50696;&#49240;&#44172;&#45208;&#50728;_&#49324;&#51652; #&#51020;&#50501;&#51473;&#49900; #&#45208;&#51064;&#48036;&#51648;&#49828;
M&N said:

No No Eul

Does anyone know what these [&#49828;&#51228;-N.XX] videos are all about? They seem to be counting down up to something.

I don't know if these made their way around here, but I scanned these two things, so, nine muses pls:

tumblr_m64cla14pl1qmc5bno1_500.gif

Anybody know if Miss A released an acapella or even an instrumental version for Hush?

Sorry kookie, I got nothin'.

My super late and super informed AoA rankings:

1) Goddess Seolhyun
2) Hyejeong bapie
3) Brunette qt girl
4) Black haired qt
5) Sandy blonde girl who looks too much like Hyejeong
6) Blondie-blonde girl
7) Jimin

Once they change hair again I'll have to start over.

1) Goddess Seolhyun
2) Hyejeong bapie
3) Mina
4) Chanmi T.T
5) Yuna
6)
Not even best
Choa
7) Jimin
they haven't released one of those videos for her yet lol

Snoozy said:

Pendulum

"GD! We've got to go back! Back to the future!"
tumblr_mw01vjEUh31sbwit2o1_r1_500.jpg

--------

Announcement on Girl’s Day’s present condition and plans for a new song.

On the 8th of November, a representative of Girl’s Day announced, “There are no special activities planned for the rest of this year and the members will focus on individual activities.”

The official said,
“Currently the members are focusing on individual activities such as movie, sitcom and CF filming while Girl’s Day will continue participating in scheduled activities such as event performances as a group.”

“Following hit songs ‘Expectation’ and ‘Female President’, Girl’s Day is ranked as one of the popular girl groups and are nominated for various year end awards. Girl’s Day is planning to attend the awards ceremonies and fans can look forward to seeing performances from Girl’s Day at the awards ceremonies.”

“There are no plans for a comeback this year and the new song will be released sometime early next year.”

“Earlier it was announced that Minah’s solo debut will be at the end of this year, however, it has been postponed and the tentative date of her debut is still undecided.”

Source: Naver

--------

[Audio Preview] T-ara - A-HA (bonus track on Japanese Number 9 album)

Bububbbles!
tumblr_mvy3v8E2871rx8mrmo1_500.gif

giri

There are times when I do suspect that SM doesn't give a shit about Hyo but I don't think I'd count that birthday photo as evidence.

I'd look more at:
- her complete lack of lines in their songs (I Got A Boy is a ~40min long album, her lines total less than 1 minute; her longest and best line, in Baby Maybe, was writted by Yuri and Sooyoung. Throughout their discography, most of her so-called "solo lines" are shared with another member or someone sings over her, with some exceptions, eg. Run Devil Run where she has great lines.);
- SM and Universal Japan not bothering to promote her (this ad for Gee (JP) is the very definition of "blink and you'll miss it");
- having the shittiest styling for years while the other girls looked flawless or at least cute eg. Oh!, Hoot, Kissing You, Visual Dreams (thank god for The Boys era fixing that);
- being billed as "the main dancer" while not getting to show that off. At least in some of their older songs she was given a 5-second long dance break to compensate for having one line, but now SM don't even bother with that while still not giving her any decent vocal parts. During live performances on tour, they use those dance breaks to walk back to the main stage or to give Tiffany a chance to "rap".
- some of these criticisms could apply to Yoona but at least she's always in the centre and receives massive amounts of promo. You can count on one hand the number of times Hyo has been in the centre for anything (I was pleasantly surprised to see her there during the middle part of Galaxy Supernova.) Instead she's shoved to the back, right off to one side, where you can barely see her.
-Cause she's not that great a vocalist. Even she admits it.
-They promote the group.
-From what i can tell, Hyoyeon didn't even know wtf she wanted to do style wise.The main "improvement" has basically been bleaching her hair.
-This is about the only legit complaint
-Alot of soshi's dance routines are aligned by height for group parts, tallest in the centre. hyo is short.

Top Bottom