• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Ringa Linga is pretty good. Makes me want to dance whenever i listen to it lol

tumblr_mvzx0bZi4K1rm2032o1_500.gif

Lol I just find it sad that an idol of her stature is stuck working like us plebs.

Sorry kookie, I got nothin'.

It's all good. I've got ways to work around it, but I would rather work on a clean slate. The biggest problems are the sounds that share the same frequencies as their voices, cut that out and you'll be cutting the voices as well so it's kind of a biatch to work with.

Also, I gotta agree with Dice, track 1 and 7 are the best songs off this album. Come On Over's bass line and feel are seriously amazing, add in their vocals and it feels ethereal, something out of this world. Like U on the other hand sounds like a missing Beyonce track, give it some proper English lyrics and I can hear this kill the R&B charts. It just hits the right notes for a killer R&B track.

YG stylists still coming out with shitty outfits. Smh.

Other than that, song is great. Sad this is only a single though, we're still waiting for Solar 2 over here. -___-

Pendulum

Happy Together is filming today with Minah, Suzy, Fei, Eunji.

The topic of the show will be ‘girl groups and ‘uncle’ fans’ (‘uncle’ meaning ‘older guy’), and the girls will be sharing some fun episodes that they have had with fans during their promotional activities.

Specifically, their ‘uncle’ fans will be making an appearance on the show, including some fans with whom the girls have had a special relationship with.

tumblr_lzlarsISYJ1r1llez.gif

Eldren

-Cause she's not that great a vocalist. Even she admits it.
-They promote the group.
-From what i can tell, Hyoyeon didn't even know wtf she wanted to do style wise.The main "improvement" has basically been bleaching her hair.
-This is about the only legit complaint
-Alot of soshi's dance routines are aligned by height for group parts, tallest in the centre. hyo is short.

- I don't think her voice is that bad. It doesn't always fit with Soshi's music because her voice is deeper/huskier and Soshi's music is often cutesy, but with the right music I think she sings well. I just think it's a matter of fairness, all 9 members should have roughly equal lines. Not exactly the same number of lines down to individual syllables, but just not more repeats of Let It Rain or whatever, where 4 members don't even sing. That's stupid.

- Maybe it's confirmation bias then because it certainly doesn't seem that way to me.

- She probably would have been happy to leave her hair the way she had it in ITNW, in which case we wouldn't have had to suffer through year of horrible haircuts. This one isn't really applicable anymore though, seeing as her hair looks good these days. Nice use of air quotes, by the way.

- I think this might be the first thing we've ever agreed on. Who's your favourite member of Nine Muses?

- Really? I hadn't heard that before. I thought whoever had a line would be in the centre and then in group vocals (eg. the chorus) it was random. There are plenty of times when Sunny or Taeyeon is the middle and Seohyun or Sooyoung is at the end. Maybe I'm just bored of seeing Yoona in the middle. Sooyoung is tall, she should be the centre instead. That'd be a nice change.

The thing is, I'm one of those fans that isn't a fan of the whole group, just a few members. I enjoy their music but I have no interest in like half the group. It just so happens that of the members I do like (Hyo, Yuri, Sooyoung and Sunny (Seohyun is on the borderline so I won't count her)), 3 of them are disproportionately under-represented. Even then, Sunny typically has the least lines of the designated main singers. Maybe I'm just being selfish.

Maybe people are still outside checking in their bags and coats, but this is a photo taken 30 minutes before Super Junior's London concert begins:
ulFuION.jpg

Eldren

Dahee! said:
tumblr_mvzvtcV4kH1rmr7x4o1_500.jpg

비오는날 고백하기 ㅎㅎㅎㅎ 오늘도 저희 글램 미투를 찾아와주시는 모든분들 싸랑해용♡♡♡

Please come back soon with a song as good as In Front Of The Mirror.

dokish

Banned
Crayon Pop looking good.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out soon.

EDIT: Surprisingly, my favorite coffe shop chain Caffe Bene (and korean citizens says they have the worst coffe ever, while Starbucks have the best lol) is having this kind of special dessert that is being promoted by Crayon Pop. It seems Chrome made some kind of arrangement so this would become a "Crayon Pop dessert"or whatever. Think I'm gonna try today.

ou90.jpg

Mai Wayfu.

015_m4qkoo.jpg

Our Bridesmaid

009_msjjiv.jpg

vanty

Man, JB Hifi's stores and branding are so ugly.
My local store looks a lot better than that. Still totally function over form which I'm fine with considering they usually have the best prices and most stock for stuff, but that store looks like it's just some temporary setup in comparison.

YB's hair looks damn good like this;
tumblr_mw09koLPN71rsw33no6_250.gif
About the only look in the whole video that isn't hideous. Both the song and video are just bleh. I wasn't even hyped at all and it's still disappointing.

dokish

Banned
They're both terrible :p
That's something that I've been pondering...
Sometimes I get good americano from Starbucks but lately their coffee have this 'toasted', 'burned' taste. Is this because the beans stayed for too long in the machine or something?

The Cafe Pascucci hand drips are great. Colombia, Kenya, Ethiopia, etc. Never tried the americano.

What's your favorite coffee?

EDIT: Damn, now I feel like going in this coffee tour. I wanna go to coffine guru (is that correct?) their honeydbread is AMAZING.

Something weird happens in Korea. While in Brazil if you ask for a espresso they'll give you a LARGE cup with this delicious, strong coffee... In Korea they'll give you this tiny drop of coffee.

ramyeon

That's something that I've been pondering...
Sometimes I get good americano from Starbucks but lately their coffee have this 'toasted', 'burned' taste. Is this because the beans stayed for too long in the machine or something?

The Cafe Pascucci hand drips are great. Colombia, Kenya, Ethiopia, etc. Never tried the americano.

What's your favorite coffee?

EDIT: Damn, now I feel like going in this coffee tour. I wanna go to coffine guru (is that correct?) their honeydbread is AMAZING.

Something weird happens in Korea. While in Brazil if you ask for a espresso they'll give you a LARGE cup with this delicious, strong coffee... In Korea they'll give you this tiny drop of coffee.
In Korea I really liked Coffee Lab in Hongdae. Or the multitude of small cafes in Samcheongdong hold a lot of hidden gems.

The Espresso is an Espresso shot. The espresso shot you're used is probably just that + milk.

Edit: Americanos are basically Espresso diluted with water, I'm not a fan.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

Dice

Miss A was super hot on Inkigayo.

Apparently Areum has lost her shit/is haunted/schizophrenic

Amanda Bynes effect kicking in and her followers are exploding.

Holy shit @ netizens actually being sensible:

4. [+164, -5] What is CCM doing not treating her? I can see why she'd end up like this anyway considering all the hate she got in T-ara only to be stuck in her agency without a way out now... It's so unfair that CCM isn't taking responsibility for causing her to end up like this. Someone needs to take her to the hospital...

6. [+87, -0] She does seem schizophrenic... I don't think people should try to deflect from the situation by saying she's possessed by a ghost or whatever. Ahreum needs mental help.

Ym1r

Even if its a member nobody gave a crap out about. She definitely needs some help, not something to laugh at. I hope she gets it help before it gets out of hand.

ramyeon

Her instagram always creeps me out. That one with the make-up and her holding the dog is nightmare fuel.

She definitely needs help.

I wonder if the album will come with the postcards of the new member?

I doubt it. I'm not sure if they'll reprint the original postcards either.

Re: Ahreum

I remember some batshit crazy korean report from ages ago saying she left T-ara because she became possessed by a spirit. I wonder if this story is a continuation of that or something legitimately wrong with her?

Dice

I remember some batshit crazy korean report from ages ago saying she left T-ara because she became possessed by a spirit. I wonder if this story is a continuation of that or something legitimately wrong with her?
Well if she has schizophrenia and her family is overly religious they might really think that, and it may have been leaked for that story, which was Billboard Korea. Some mention an older lady in some of her videos, and they think it is her mom. I didn't look. This new story is just people being freaked out by her Instagram and it catching public notice.

dokish

Banned
She's a long way from schizophrenia, sorry.

By DSM IV standards.

EDIT: Went to Coffee Lab (discovering the correct 한글 to put in the Naver Map was a bitch). Excellent coffee with more than reasonable prices. I'm actually surprised.

EDIT2: I wanna have sex with ramyeon.

No No Eul

For what it's worth, there was an article on allkpop earlier in the year which stated that Areum had denied those rumours, both on Instagram and in an interview with Osen. Meanwhile, her mother was threatening legal action against whoever had started the rumours in the first place.

She sure does have a knack for making creepy Instagram videos though. She posted a new one an hour ago. Needs a translation.

Maknae said:
i5wR64YT5nhZh.jpg

오늘 홍콩 콘서트 정말 즐거웠어요!! 잘자요 모두♡ I had a lot of fun at the Hong Kong concert!! thank u Hong Kong~:D Good night everybody♡

Seungah said:

four out of Five Girls said:

ramyeon

By DSM IV standards.

EDIT: Went to Coffee Lab (discovering the correct 한글 to put in the Naver Map was a bitch). Excellent coffee with more than reasonable prices. I'm actually surprised.

EDIT2: I wanna have sex with ramyeon.

Pendulum=son
Dice and Ramyeon=parents
Dokish=Ramyeon's lover
K-Pop GAF drama in the making.
lol
I don't know how to feel about any of this lol.

Pendulum

By DSM IV standards.

While I feel that the DSM IV has its valid criticisms (we can even add cultural bias to it - although that is arguably less impactful in one of the more westernised Asian societies), I do agree that "schizophrenia" is often used as a catch-all by media or those without a grounding in psychology. I'm not even going to try and armchair diagnose Ahreum when I can't understand what she is saying and am only observing her through the single camera lens she shows us, but I do hope that if this is more than a teenager trying to find her way and calling for attention, then her agency and family take actual active steps. I understand South Korea isn't big on talking about emotional problems or mental illnesses.

Pendulum=son
Dice and Ramyeon=parents
Dokish=Ramyeon's lover
K-Pop GAF drama in the making.
lol

I always knew dokish would be a homewrecker
but I thought it would involve more blood and police sirens

Top Bottom