• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Cuddler

Done. A short synopsis of the story...
That's awesome, perfect title. lol
As for the characters, blame Cuddler. I'm only the writer and I have no control over who's who lol.
I just said parents, you choose who was the man and the woman, lol. In today days they can both be man if you want*
only in selected countries, not in Korea
Ailee?
Maybe
I'm sorry for her, hopefully nothing bad will happen to her career, I don't think the fact the his ex-boyfriend (?) has pictures of her naked is something really that weird, outside of the fact that he still have them.
Eunhyuk sick of others getting attention and not forgetting how IU upstaged him back then tweets lots of nude photos of some chick?--?? https://twitter.com/AllRiseSilver/

What's up with today
Weird that all this things are happening on pepero day...
yo whose tits are those, are those Shindong's.
If you want to compare... http://youtu.be/3oos1R50SVs?t=1m17s
Interesting (?) fact, the actor who touches Shindong's belly is now chubby and he's an actor in the drama Good Doctor.
She wishes.
lol, ShinDong doesn't really have that much going on up in there, trust me, I'm an expert.
lol
Anyway, most of my afternoon events have been cancelled so... I'll start writing chapter 1 of "Hot Coffee" after I eat lunch. Hopefully I'll have it up before midnight tonight. :D
Can't wait! lol

ramyeon

Being a journalistic organization
lol how cute.
jongkookie said:
PM me lol.

Anyway, done with chapter 1. Spent about an hour and a half writing it, 2 1/2 pages long according to MS Word haha. Nothing exciting, just setting up the characters and whatnot. Will post it later coz I need an editor.

Speaking of which, anybody wanna be an editor? Lol.
You really don't have to do this.

Please don't.

Man, some of the Allkpop defence force are disgusting. This Matt Kim guy tweeted these.

"unfortunately the #Ailee scandal was bound to happen. it's a shame since her career was taking off. don't see her surviving this. #allkpop"

"@themattkim I don't see how she won't be surviving this. Most people see her as a victim. Poor girl."

"@PokiePop victim? from what it seems she took those pictures herself.."

Yeah of course she did, but not for the entire world to see you halfwit.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
B-B-But they had good relations with Ailee! No bad feelings, you see, they just HAD TO because they are a JOURNALISTIC site. They even sent those emails to try to protect her!

Pendulum

Ok, I think I am caught up on today. Still took less time than AKP takes to report a story.

6Theory Media denies any wrongdoing. Says that like Dispatch and Sports Seoul, they too were contacted by a "middle man" who was selling Ailee nudes. Being a journalistic organization, with strong ethical guidelines and a close relationship with Ailee, they passed on the nudes. Apparently they also warned YMC about the nudes, telling them they would only write about it if it got out on the internet, but YMC brushed allkpop off. Later allkpop got a tipster email about Ailee's pictures on the internet. The sender's ip was the same as the "middle man". lol...lol...

Allkpop calling YMC and Ailee a bunch of liars.

I don't buy this bullshit at all. It looks very much like the ex-boyfriend was trying to shop around for a buyer for a while. When no one would pony up, and with the photos already floating around here or there, the ex-boyfriend was resigned to okaying his employer to slap a watermark on them and trying to get some hits on them instead.

#boycottAllKPop
Shit like this is why I typically don't link to AKP when quoting one of their "articles" (and the fact that they don't link to sources). I'm ok with giving 1 hit and wading in their crap if it means others don't have to.

--------

131111.Pops in Seoul.e2512.Secret Box.나인뮤지스 - Nine Muses' Sera, Hyuna, Sungah, Hyemi.

ramyeon

AKP are fine as a translation source, but whenever they try to put their own spin on something or write their own content they fall flat on their faces. Dunno where they get off talking about journalistic integrity since they've never shown any.

Pendulum

Doooo doo doo doodoodoo doodoooo doo doo doodoodoo

2715AA46527FA1DF2E98ED

2619F93D527F9DFA3BE112
2419F93D527F9DF93AC5A0
BYubPlqCUAAMxV_.jpg:large
2119F93D527F9DFB3C1F93
2719F93D527F9E003FAEAA
2719F93D527F9DFF3EF151

giri

lol at the AKP drama.

Finally gone one step too far it sounds like. Scumbag company run by a scumbag. The whole company has only ever been worried about getting page hits to get advertising.

I mean, many of us have been saying it in here for a while. And i've personally removed them from all of my bookmarks / rss a year or more ago.

You're much better off giving your page hits to companies that aren't as slimy as AKP.

Poor allkpop though. It must be very hard for them. As the West's number one source for K-pop news, they really ought to be reporting this Eunhyuk Twitter story, but that would divert attention away from their own photo leak scandal. What to do?

Dicks.

Wait. Is that a joke? There are much better sources who actually do their homework.

kingkitty

AKP are fine as a translation source, but whenever they try to put their own spin on something or write their own content they fall flat on their faces. Dunno where they get off talking about journalistic integrity since they've never shown any.

The "Being a journalistic organization, with strong ethical guidelines" in my allkpop post was a bit of sarcasm on my part lol. But the article did talk about how they're just a professional news organization that's just doin' their job.

Which is why they slapped their logo all over Ailee's pics and had staff tweet that it was Ailee's fault in the first place. Gotta do what you gotta do!

roaSone

False about the translation part, they aren't even translating the real thing most of the times, some korean buddies of mine told me so.
Their source are naver, osen, daum etc... and most of the time they f*cked the translation from these...

studyguy

Been listening to a lot of Big Bang, group & solo stuff. Need something else though. Doing some Mblaq and BEAST, but I dunno... I have Google Play and I tend to just let it go on auto but the Kpop section is woefully small and old.

ramyeon

False about the translation part, they aren't even translating the real thing most of the times, some korean buddies of mine told me so.
Their source are naver, osen, daum etc... and most of the time they f*cked the translation from these...
From my experience they are passable. I haven't visited the site for around a year but back when I did I always cross verified with the source they posted as I speak Korean :)

isuzu

roaSone

Remember, some Koreans realllly reallly really hate the owner of the site since he married a Japanese woman.

That one netizen buzz response highlighted that hate.
Well now they've got even more reasons to hate the owner, which I share aswell.

Draxal

Well now they've got even more reasons to hate the owner, which I share aswell.

He's an oppurtunist scumbag (especially after what he did to the Netizen Buzz writer that happened to be a former employee). I just hate him for being that opportunist scumbag, not for being a traitor weaboo who sold out his homeland.

giri

He's an oppurtunist scumbag (especially after what he did to the Netizen Buzz writer that happened to be a former employee). I just hate him for being that opportunist scumbag, not for being a traitor weaboo who sold out his homeland.

I think most netizenz these days hate him for just being a shitty person. Not the Japanese wife thing.

Draxal

I think most netizenz these days hate him for just being a shitty person. Not the Japanese wife thing.

I believe a good amount do, but the vocal netizens are always the loud minority so we will get stuff like this.

2. [+139, -9] allkpop's CEO is a 2nd generation Korean and the site itself is known for being anti-Korea. All of the staff are 2nd generation Koreans as well. I wondered why a Korean would talk trash about Korea so much and found out that his wife is Japanese ㅋㅋ not only that, but I'm sure that his wife's sister site 'Tokyo Hive' is a blog meant to hype up Japan too. What's funny is that they have the support of the Japanese so there are a ton of Japanese IDs on that site. Not only that, but they call SNSD 'Shoujo Jidai' and write articles that are only bad about Korea and only good about Japan. You'll know if you live in America how much Korean Americans think lowly of Korea.

I don't think they even know about the Netizen Buzz scandal, which is more than enough to hate him.

Fafnir

Tell us more, and how was the concert itself? And didn't went to the previous tour?
I went to the Korea concerts, so 3 Girls and Peace total. I'm probably done till the next world tour concerts and they change the format and costumes. Really hoping they go back to individual stages and cut out some of the JP filler songs. Also was hoping for a GS or MoM performance but they stuck to the same set list except for one minor change in The Boys opening movie. HK sones followed the format of holding up banners during Baby Baby but also sang Complete instead of yelling encore which was a nice touch, Taengoo said they got choked up hearing it.

Crazy scandals. The Soshi drunk alley was sheer tabloid, even Taengoo refuted it herself lol. Ailee photo scandal is just scumbagish, hope the guy get's prosecuted, he'll probably never go to Korea for trial but it will also mean he will be banned from Korea.

The gambling scandal has me interested as Lee Soogeun, Tak Jae Hoon, and Boom basically pleaded guilty by removing themselves from their variety shows. Not sure if these guys will be missed during their exile as they were mainly sidekick MCs trying to be legit main MCs. Tak Jae Hoon is kind of ironic because he should have learned when his homie from Country Kko Kko got busted for gambling in the Philippines. I guess he had to make money somehow since his running gag was that he never get's offered work or all his shows gets cancelled.

Soogeun won't be part of the 3rd season of 1n2d which is probably good as that show needs to die already although I can see a resurgence if Kang Ho Dong returns since Barefoot Friends got cancelled.

caesar

Banned
Never even heard of Ailee before this, she's probably done now. May as well put the pics up on 엔 서울타워 Namsan Tower lol.

dokish

Banned
Getting early lunch. Crayon Pop appearance starts in one hour.

Shit is gonna be crazy. Ehwa Woman's University area + dudes with heavy photography gear.

JustinBB7

Never even heard of Ailee before this, she's probably done now. May as well put the pics up on 엔 서울타워 Namsan Tower lol.

I thought I didn't hear of her before either but then I remembered she did Heaven which is a really good song.

Pics are nice though.

neoism

From security that pulled Jessica & knock Jessica head :

I'm really sorry about yesterday. I though she was fan that want block the way so I knock her head. But she don't care about that and block the way again. So, I pulled her and she screamed. Her sunglasses is drop at the floor and I was so shock that is Jessica. She fainted for a minute. She screamed like a dolphins. All SONEs at here are angry to me. One of SNSD manager come to Jessica. He is angry to me and say "You can't recognize Jessica & the fans?" and i just say "I thought she was SONE because she is not wearing a make-up and she block the way!!". And the manager continue with just say "She is VIP!" .And the manager just go like that. I also go to the toilet because I don't want SONEs throw to me rubbish, banana skin, and what ever. I just see Yoona & Yuri cry. I hear Yoona say to Yuri "That security is crazy. My baby Jessica is fainted!" And Yuri continue "Just warrant that security!!". I am so sad. For all SONEs who is read this, I want to say "I AM SORRY! I KNOW I AM WRONG!"
lulz

dokish

Banned
Damn it was amazing. Now rushing to buy a 64gb so I can record SNSD.

I got so close to my wife. They looked at me and waved so many times.

Quick update about "Hot Coffee"...

I didn't have enough time to edit it myself so I'll be doing that tomorrow.

But more importantly, it's my pleasure to welcome ryan-ts as a writer for this drama. He's already bounced me some great ideas which I will incorporate as soon as I start editing it tomorrow.

Anyway, what's Korea's reaction about Ailee's scandal recently? It seems like no updates from either side.

giri

Quick update about "Hot Coffee"...

I didn't have enough time to edit it myself so I'll be doing that tomorrow.

But more importantly, it's my pleasure to welcome ryan-ts as a writer for this drama. He's already bounced me some great ideas which I will incorporate as soon as I start editing it tomorrow.

Anyway, what's Korea's reaction about Ailee's scandal recently? It seems like no updates from either side.

You don't comment any more publicly once you hand it to solicitors.

Oh god, sitting in a car with a bunch of k-pop fans jamming to Christmas music and This Christmas from JYP pops up on the radio... instant flashback to when I was getting into k-pop haha.

You don't comment any more publicly once you hand it to solicitors.

Fair point. I was expecting YMC to rebuke AKP's statement though but whatever. The fact that there's no new developments to this could mean two things, either the Korean public doesn't give a shit or shit has really hit the fan and no one wants to say anything to avoid further damage. Here's hoping it's the former not the latter.

Top Bottom