• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

BTS of Minah and Eunji on "Happy Together".

BY4T8vYCYAA4ah2.jpg

Edit:
Fei and Suzy

4.JPG

1.JPG

More here

Eldren

K-Pop Planet looks pretty cool. I like the colours and the layout, and in-house translations is a nice touch. Also, Nine Muses to release another single in December?! Nice.

-----

Siwon and Hyoyeon did a photoshoot for this month's Italian Vogue, combining traditional Korean clothing with contemporary fashion. Should be more pics when the magazine releases:

Get it, girl. (And guy, I suppose.)

Serving some Cactuar realness said:
iMYtkr1wWdkkf.gif

Billboard.com said:
Taeyang -- the lead vocalist of one of K-pop's most internationally-recognized bands BIG BANG -- dropped new single "Ringa Linga" to preview his upcoming second solo album, complete with two accompanying music videos.
"Ringa Linga" not only breaks Taeyang's lengthy hiatus of three years since his solo debut, "SOLAR," in 2010 and acts as a strong reminder of Taeyang's multiple talents as a vocalist, rapper and dancer who can easily command the spotlight solo. Despite Taeyang's low-key/laid back offstage persona (he's the only member of BIG BANG to have dodged a major scandal or public outrage), Taeyang exudes confidence, charisma and even a bit of cockiness on his latest offering.
"Ringa Linga" is a melodic hip-hop-meets-soul cut (composed by bandmate G-Dragon and Jose E. Luna), fused with soaring electronic beats, velvety vocals and rhythmic rapping. Taeyang begins the track, confidently boasting, "My name is T to the A to the E to the Y to the ANG / I'm always burning up fire / Girls cry at my song and body" and continues grooving through the track with his vocal dexterity. The infectious chorus, with the repetitive "ringa linga" and siren-like synths, has an instant sing-along sensibility.
The official music video (above), which was released on Nov. 9, features bandmate and his longtime friend G-Dragon as well as a posse of his dancers in a backdrop of a factory.
Two days earlier, Taeyang unveiled a simple choreography-only clip that that looks to have been filmed in one take. In the visual, the 25-year-old flaunts his extravagant footwork, looking almost casual among some of the top dancers he enlisted from the States. There are no fancy outfits, extravagant accessories and dramatic makeup, all which help viewers stay focused on the actual choreography, crafted by New Zealand-bred dancer Parris Goebel. She has previously worked with big names like Jennifer Lopez.
In recent news, the K-pop star has lined up a U.S. performance this month for MTV Iggy and Intel.

Never heard of TOP?
tumblr_mfsb3wQ0zi1s1lcmeo1_400.gif

Ym1r

Woah, hold up! Who is that, and why is she so cute?
I need to know.

We call her ICG (ice cream girl), mainly because one of the first videos I watched that I became addicted to was a 10 minute video of her eating a popsicle.

She streams on a website called Afreeca but as of late shes been taking a lot of breaks.

For the 6 years I've been into K-pop, Tiffany was always #1. I've been with her since debut and it's never changed. Until I met my ICG last year. Tiffany instantly shoved to #2 and ICG my new wife.

4th post of 1st page http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73632293&postcount=4

ramyeon

Her new account on afreeca is jigeum91 so I think shes probably 22 or so. That would mean shes a noona for me :*(

yeah she had a twitter shes no longer using named imjieun
Don't think she's that young bro. Her "broadcast age", the one she tells people on Afreeca is 26. But netizens say she's actually 28 ;)

Loci

Eh? She's thought to be around 28, she's the owner of an online clothes store. Real name is supposedly Im Ji Eun.

That's why I asked. Different sources said she was born '82.
But when you look at her face that can't be real, even for Korean standards.

ramyeon

That's why I asked. Different sources said she was born '82.
But when you look at her face that can't be real, even for Korean standards.
She does look young, she probably naturally has a baby face but it's been enhanced make up, lighting and possibly surgery. Doesn't really surprise me there are heaps of BJs like that. The girl I used to watch, Hanna, is supposed to be a teacher but she hardly looks a day over 18 sometimes.

milkham

Ok I'm home.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97461679@N06/sets/72157637592398626/

Although my lens is not the sharpest thing ever, I'm kinda happy with the results. Was shooting without tripod and the D7000 is pretty heavy so was kind of hard to manually focus.

EDIT: I'm actually curious how these dudes make so much money to buy expensive gear. When you see those beautiful shots of Hello Venus, Crayon Pop and other "smaller" groups, that didn't hit the mainstream, you can be sure that the lens easily costs at least 3 thousand dollars. And they just don't have an expensive lens; they have the whole packaged! Great camera body, the finest tripod ever, gorgeous bags for carrying stuff, etc.

:(

I just bought a microphone (Nikon ME-1) to use in future interviews, hopefully this will improve the audio quality and make my interviews more entertaining to watch.

Asian people and cameras man... seems like you're buying a lot of stuff too $_$

Eldren

Hyo looks good in that red top / leather skirt.

I thought it was one of the better outfits at the fansign. Tae, Sunny and Yuri looked good too. Poor Yoona though, looks like someone raided her gran's wardrobe for that ensemble. We know she dresses better than that.

Obviously Hyo is getting her money's worth out of of this endorsement:

The red outfit looks better though.

Can someone explain the Korean age thing to me please? I think I read about it once but I didn't really follow. Something to do with the new year, I think?

ramyeon

When you're born you are already 1 year old, then on the lunar new year everyone ages 1 year. For example my girlfriend was born in 89 as was I but her Korean age is the same as people born in 88 because she was born in January.

giri

I thought it was one of the better outfits at the fansign. Tae, Sunny and Yuri looked good too. Poor Yoona though, looks like someone raided her gran's wardrobe for that ensemble. We know she dresses better than that.

Obviously Hyo is getting her money's worth out of of this endorsement:

The red outfit looks better though.

Can someone explain the Korean age thing to me please? I think I read about it once but I didn't really follow. Something to do with the new year, I think?

Yoona dresses like that regularly. The weirder part is that one of her legs looks bowed. Like she's been riding horses all her life.

i'm an asian man with cameras.

So why haven't you got me nicole pics. or min pics. what ARE you doing!

Thats ICG. She's an afreeca cam girl. And Ym1r's no.1 wife.

We call her ICG (ice cream girl), mainly because one of the first videos I watched that I became addicted to was a 10 minute video of her eating a popsicle.

She streams on a website called Afreeca but as of late shes been taking a lot of breaks.

For the 6 years I've been into K-pop, Tiffany was always #1. I've been with her since debut and it's never changed. Until I met my ICG last year. Tiffany instantly shoved to #2 and ICG my new wife.

4th post of 1st page http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73632293&postcount=4

Im Jigeum

edit: btw Ym1r, do you know how old she is?

She's really freaking cute. I was hoping she'd be an idol, though. Is she a super popular cam girl?

Yoona dresses like that regularly. The weirder part is that one of her legs looks bowed. Like she's been riding horses all her life.

Yoona:
*Has bowed legs
*Still perfect

SNSD+Yoona+goes+to+LA+for+Eider+shooting+%25282%2529.jpg

yoona_airportfashion.jpg

Does anyone know which photoshoot this is? I remeber seeing a photo of only Seohyun and Yoona in the same outfits, but were the only ones pictured.

aaaATGxt.jpg

Eldren

When you're born you are already 1 year old, then on the lunar new year everyone ages 1 year. For example my girlfriend was born in 89 as was I but her Korean age is the same as people born in 88 because she was born in January.

Oh ok, I think I get it. Thanks for the explanation.

So why haven't you got me nicole pics. or min pics. what ARE you doing!

Wait, really? I don't think I've ever seen her wear anything that ugly at the airport. Obviously nobody comes close to Jessica but she's normally a better dresser than Hyo at least. And I had noticed that about her legs. I thought she had rickets at first.

(I second the request for photos of Min, milkham. Please and thank you!)

-----

Edit:
Does anyone know which photoshoot this is? I remeber seeing a photo of only Seohyun and Yoona in the same outfits, but were the only ones pictured.

Girls' Generation Holiday Photobook, which was included with the DVD of their first Japanese tour.

Ym1r

She's really freaking cute. I was hoping she'd be an idol, though. Is she a super popular cam girl?

Shes like really bad at singing, but its so bad its adorable. I'm fairly certain she knows she can't sing though.

There are more popular cam girls, I don't think they are as cute or pretty as ICG though. When I was regularly watching her streams she was getting around 1.5k viewers, which is around the same as the majority of popular ones today, but I think one girl since she is way more consistent in streaming has double that.

her singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SxHEm5OOLo edit: shes just so frikin adorable <3 shes my avatar btw

giri

Oh ok, I think I get it. Thanks for the explanation.

Wait, really? I don't think I've ever seen her wear anything that ugly at the airport. Obviously nobody comes close to Jessica but she's normally a better dresser than Hyo at least. And I had noticed that about her legs. I thought she had rickets at first.

Really, Yoon can dress up quite easily. But she does have a habit of wearing dresses that your grandma might have worn too. She usually pulls it off ok though.

my one kara experience, with nicole!

NXcIEyt.jpg

My favourite part is the watermark.

Edit:

Girls' Generation Holiday Photobook, which was included with the DVD of their first Japanese tour.

Oh, thank you!

Shes like really bad at singing, but its so bad its adorable. I'm fairly certain she knows she can't sing though.

There are more popular cam girls, I don't think they are as cute or pretty as ICG though. When I was regularly watching her streams she was getting around 1.5k viewers, which is around the same as the majority of popular ones today, but I think one girl since she is way more consistent in streaming has double that.

her singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SxHEm5OOLo edit: shes just so frikin adorable <3 shes my avatar btw

Yeah, the was painfully adorable. She can always be a rapper if she ever wants to be an, I guess haha.

luso

Actually that photobook is a separate issue and not from the tour dvd.
Was the kara concert worthy, seems you paid to see only flashes.

milkham

Actually that photobook is a separate issue and not from the tour dvd.
Was the kara concert worthy, seems you paid to see only flashes.

it was actually that free google concert,

So i didn't pay for anything except getting there. Powerhouse live's server shit the bed when the tickets went live, so I couldn't get tickets, but then managed to beg one off of soshified members, but getting tickets from people i've never met in a huge crowd with iffy phone service didn't work out, so i ended up getting another ticket from another soshified member, and then thanks to a third one, managed a huge seat upgrade. show was pretty good except that i didn't really see kara so much.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I can believe ICG is 28 because I'm 30 and don't look it at all.

Edit: Ailee is just resuming activities? #likeabaws

Broank

Poor Yoona though, looks like someone raided her gran's wardrobe for that ensemble. We know she dresses better than that.

I think they are trying to make her look older for the drama she's doing now. I read she is supposed to be late 20s and has kids. lol

(why they keep giving her way older characters IDK, she should do a normal high school/college comedy romance)

I think it's pretty much you are 1 when you are born and everyone gets 1 year older on new years.

neoism

Naw, you don't know how it works. See taengsic happens when taeng is in a good mood, but a lot of times sica gets cold reception, usually at taeny times, and so yoonsic has because pretty common, but here we got some rare taeyoon (fuck, it's so rare I don't even know what they call it) which yuri doesn't usually allow, so sica went and stole away fany out of spite for the double block.

lol at that last gif... yuri was like NO ...still a shame from how it was in 08-09... would love to know what happen and why they just dun like each other anymore... I'd say its more tae just being spiteful, from what I've seen she most def holds a grudge, and mean damn the one time fany and her fought(the one they talked about) it was over retarded shit.... I still think behind the scenes sica is a puss... even though she puts on that I dungiveafuck thang...

Top Bottom