• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

kingkitty

From what I've gathered from the Ailee kpop scandal of 2013:

-She wasn't underage and the pics were taken in New Jersey.
-Pics MAY have been for the guy who is the "vice president" of allkpop.
-Who then may have been same guy who tried to sell this to Dispatch...
-Although he must have leaked it earlier, since Ailee's photos were found months before on reddit and tumblr.
And for allkpop to go through with this despite the obvious connection here, lol cmon. It's ridiculously scummy if true. Maybe the pics were for some other bf, I dunno.

edit: Asian Junkie tweet says Ailee confirmed ex bf was connected to allkpop. And apparently ex bf has been threatening Ailee with videos and pics on several occasions.

Her company YMC is looking to take legal action. In an official press release, they say Ailee took nude photos for a modeling agency for "better examination of her body". But the agency was a scam. Later, Ailee was persuaded by her ex bf to hand over the nudes so he could...investigate? Lol. Anyways, YMC also confirms the ex bf works for allkpop.

Allkpop just reached a new level of stupidity.

luso

The Jessica hitting her head thing is real?
Because they have a fan signing tomorrow and I need to see them.

Dokish, if they can do that to Jessica imagine a random
stalker :)
guy like you.
Pics and account or didn't happened.

Damn I'm at Hong Kong airport about to flyout from watching Soshi concert last night. I gotta be more sasaeng because it looked like I missed all the action in HK lol

Crazy schedule for the girls, two 3-4 hour concert in 2 days, getting drunk and puking in an alley, arriving at the airport while I was probably still crashed out, concussion. Sica should delete her weibo. SM should get better security when they come back for the MAMA but I think the boy bands will have it worst. Tasty (?) opened up for Soshi and girls went crazy, even my friend. I asked her if she knew who they were and she was like, "nope, but they are so exciting!" ahh the power of dancing boys and crazy asian girls lol

My notes about HK Girls and Peace concert:

Biggest pop = Taeyeon by far, followed by Sica, Yoona, Yuri. Taengoo's cheers were decibels higher than the rest.
Ok pop = Sunny, Fany, Seohyun. Their cheers were not as loud as above.
No heat = Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. Could hear a pin drop whenever they were shown on the monitor.
Best Canto = Seohyun. Maknae becoming all around best speaker on the mic. I asked my friend to rate their Canto and she said the translator was best -_-;
Best pink shorts = Yuri. Got damn even in my nose bleed seats I could see dat body. At the end of the encore Yuri and Fany had a wet tshirt contest (water fight) and I was praying fancammers got good shots.
I should have brought my camera because cam security was nonexistent. Should be some good pics from the usual suspects.

Tell us more, and how was the concert itself? And didn't went to the previous tour?

AKP is shit, I already very rarely went there, now another reason to not open that terrible site.
Clearly this is some bitchy act, even the Dispatch conversation (if true) shows how willing the other part was to send this anywhere, or simply a desperate attempt to make AKP more relevan, I suppose they aren't seen as a "reference" as they were a couple of years ago.

EDIT: Apparently agency is telling that Ailee was tricked to be naked by a fake underwear/lingerie company... what!? Worst excuse ever (except maybe IU/Eunhyuk)

iW9bzU7K6RoA.jpg

iWSoNdssX3z5B.jpg

ibl38jPgjCZ4lo.jpg

ibhKN1Z13DzcGH.jpg

iWrmxaANiMv5h.jpg

ib1qF08eDk7Uq1.jpg

ibsauJvwraPe7Q.jpg

iV1mBy5UeVnGa.jpg

i1dRdZl5907s.jpg

Yoona Drama teaser "Prime Minister and I"

milkham

luso

Seems so easy to hack twitter... What's wrong with that? Is his password 1234 or something? A matter of time until Seohyun's is hacked...
Edit: probably not, maknae should have a 26 letter and symbol password.

That Aliee's agency explanation makes more sense now.

Draxal

Wait Ailee is from NJ?

but grew up in New Jersey. She attended Palisades Park Junior/Senior High School before moving to Leonia

Oh, Leonia's like 2 towns over from Edgewater (where allkpop is based). Wouldn't suprise me if this is underage afterall.

And yes, all three of those towns are Korean dominated.

No No Eul

SMH at this whole Ailee thing. I hope YMC sues allkpop into oblivion. (I was pleasantly surprised though to see Dispatch taking the moral high ground for once.) Then there's Eunhyuk's Twitter, poor Jessica getting knocked over at the airport, Tony An, Lee Soo Geun and others under investigation for illegal online gambling...

What on earth is going on?

finally something worth having a controversy over

I think we'd better change the thread title.

I really like the sound of that.

10792573556_039fcbb088_o.gif

lol

10783116014_866d303f39_o.gif

allkpop said:
Super Junior set fire to 10,000 fans in London

You might want to rephrase that headline.

Edit:

I guess Eunhyuk is back in control of his account. The pictures are gone. In their place is what I assume is an apology:

고소미 먹고 싶은 놈들 참 많은가봉가 트친들 놀랐죠? 미안해요ㅜ

Damn I feel sorry for that girl.

Poor allkpop though. It must be very hard for them. As the West's number one source for K-pop news, they really ought to be reporting this Eunhyuk Twitter story, but that would divert attention away from their own photo leak scandal. What to do?

Dicks.

dokish

Banned
Dokish, if they can do that to Jessica imagine a random
stalker :)
guy like you.
Pics and account or didn't happened.
What do you mean by account?
Well the thing starts at 6... I don't know how big is gonna be the line. I'm afraid of it. I have never been to a fan sign before. I need to buy or take something specifically there for them to sign? Or they sign whatever shit I bring?
get me an autograph doke

If I get the chance to approach Tiffany, sure.

I don't mind staying up for hours, my only problem is needing to go to pee. My bladder have low tolerance.

EDIT: What's the best program to broadcast with android phone? I might if I'm in the mood.

Draxal

Netizens seem to be backing Ailee which is good.

The one response about second generation Korean Americans was funny shit OTOH.

luso

I thought your English was better than mine, Dokish :p

Account: tell us what you see, the atmosphere, your impressions, your thoughts on the event.

dokish

Banned
Well, that's a pretty niche word. Never heard of it. You could just have said "give us your impressions" lol.

But ok, I will.

dokish

Banned
Holy shit so apparently Crayon Pop is gonna show up near my house!!!!!

[13.11.12] 절추위촉식 - 크레용팝
용팝행사&스케쥴 2013/11/11 19:52

절주 위촉식 오후 12~2시

이대역, 3번 출구 Yes Apm 쇼핑몰 앞
대현공원 야외

Have no idea what kind of event it is.

YEAHHHH recharging batteries.

Niks

Taeyeons comment on Jessica and getting drunk.

Taeyeon said:
Yes? I didn't cry though hehe. Also, I didn't go to a club in Hong Kong nor did I go near a rubbish heap^^ Everyone should have seen me arrive at the airport just the night before for the concert right^^

iUJhgD4ajWRFV.gif

Pendulum

Been busy at work the last day or so and I just checked Twitter to see a flood of stuff about Ailee and Eunhyuk and gambling and oh my god what the fuck is going on.

neoism

What do you mean by account?
Well the thing starts at 6... I don't know how big is gonna be the line. I'm afraid of it. I have never been to a fan sign before. I need to buy or take something specifically there for them to sign? Or they sign whatever shit I bring?

If I get the chance to approach Tiffany, sure.

I don't mind staying up for hours, my only problem is needing to go to pee. My bladder have low tolerance.

EDIT: What's the best program to broadcast with android phone? I might if I'm in the mood.
damn dok you so lucky.... take some good pics of Tae.. :p

neoism

@taengstagramcom: [INSTAGRAM COMMENT] taeyeon_ss: 네? 저 안울었는데요ㅎㅎ 그리고 홍콩클럽도 안갔어요 쓰레기더미 근처에도 안갔구요^^ 콘서트하러 전날 밤에 도착한거 여러분도 공항에서 보셨잖아요^^

TRANS] http://bit.ly/HPPx5X what? I didn't cry ㅎㅎ and I didn't go to a club in Hong Kong, or near any pile of trash^^ you all saw us arriving at the airport the night before for the concert^^
Cr:ch0sshi

Omg tae addressing HK rumor
lol

luso

Taeyeons comment on Jessica and getting drunk.

iUJhgD4ajWRFV.gif

The "crying" were delulu fans, she was covering her eyes and upper face with her arm, probably to cover lack of make-up/sleep. Those delulus jumped to conclusions without proofs, lol

isuzu

Ex-bf leaking nudes? Your career trajectory may shoot upwards

queen sasshi.jpg

Sasshi is ambitious as fuck and Japan is way more lenient towards this stuff, though. Also, Akimoto has always basically said Sasshi is his favorite member (which is totally bullshit because we all know it's Jurina) so yeah. Management on her side helped a lot.

kingkitty

6Theory Media denies any wrongdoing. Says that like Dispatch and Sports Seoul, they too were contacted by a "middle man" who was selling Ailee nudes. Being a journalistic organization, with strong ethical guidelines and a close relationship with Ailee, they passed on the nudes. Apparently they also warned YMC about the nudes, telling them they would only write about it if it got out on the internet, but YMC brushed allkpop off. Later allkpop got a tipster email about Ailee's pictures on the internet. The sender's ip was the same as the "middle man". lol...lol...

Allkpop calling YMC and Ailee a bunch of liars.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Allkpop can say all they want. Let me break this down for you.

1) Scammer contacts everyone back in June. Apparently gets denied by everyone and leaks all photos then, but doesn't make a big deal out of the leak or say it is her.
2) Photos float around, some people noticing but being uncertain if it is Ailee or not, mostly get ignored.
3) One of said photos posted on that anon forum, they want to know who it is.
4) Random person who claims to know her posts full set, says they know because they know her personally, have been in her room, and are familiar with a youtube that shows it.
5) Within about an hour AKP posts the story.

Now, for what AKP says to be true, the scammer would have to go to everyone, get denied, leak all the photos in June not saying it is her, then sit around for months with the photos floating around and some people figuring out it's her but not saying anything, then suddenly deciding he wants to pose as a friend of Ailee and re-leak.

Does that make any fucking sense? No, not really for a person who doesn't know her and just wanted to make some cash and already lost out and give up all their material months ago.

Now does it make sense for the person confirming to in fact actually know her, and possibly have some personal drama with her, and to happen to work for a site that would get a lot of traffic from this? Um, yes, yes it would.

Chesskid1

Banned
i saw ailee's pictures on asianselfies.tumblr.com and the post was dated june 2013, people were spreading the link around after the story broke (there are threads about it on other kpop forums). The runners of the tumblr deleted their tumblr, not wanting to be associated.

honestly, as much as it pains me to say this, allkpop's story seems true to me. looks like they kept records of everything, too.

both sides are at fault.

The drama is strong in this one. According to the megathread on r/kpop a lot of idols unfollowed AKP on Twitter. Jay Park, G-Dragon, G.NA are the ones listed on that thread.

Also, AKP interviewer and Ailee's BFF Hanna posted this on Twitter before deactivating her account:

Rumors say she quit AKP hence why she shut it down and went on media blackout.

Beyond that, no new revelations, no counter statement from YMC or any new developments.

Anyway, most of my afternoon events have been cancelled so... I'll start writing chapter 1 of "Hot Coffee" after I eat lunch. Hopefully I'll have it up before midnight tonight. :D

YB said:
The song talks about everyone enjoying themselves. This time, I didn't want to do a song about love, but about something I could feel right now. I put in a message I wanted to tell fans from where I am now.

There's a trap base, and dubstep and electronic is mixed into it. There's rap, and also a bit of hip hop. It's a style I wanted to do. I maximized the rough masculinity with tattoos and tribal patterns.

Mv3RYEd.png

Eldren

io1FmJRwOOTSr.gif

Jesus, what did I come home to. What a weird day. That whole thing with Ailee is a mess, although from what I can tell netizens aren't being too harsh on her which is nice to see. Enjoyed seeing allkpop defending the article saying they definitely didn't leak the pictures but still chose to slap their watermark all over them anyway. Dicks.

I have experience with K-Pop fanfics, perhaps we could collaborate.

PM me lol.

Anyway, done with chapter 1. Spent about an hour and a half writing it, 2 1/2 pages long according to MS Word haha. Nothing exciting, just setting up the characters and whatnot. Will post it later coz I need an editor.

Speaking of which, anybody wanna be an editor? Lol.

Top Bottom