• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

isuzu

so much shinee

so much exo

oKvPydM.gif

luso

Same nominees in both categories. Was going to flip tables if Exo got both.

Edit: Artist of the Year is SHINee. Manly boy tears.

Oh shit the tears

Hardly someone would win 2 awards, so they were distributed.
About growl, better songs were not even nominated, song in ok but not to good level I would say.

roaSone

SHINee's daesang was obvious but even so deserved. After more than 5 years of hardworking and this year of ultraworking with 4 complete albums, It it deserved, I mean it.
They were just dying outta here tho, was a bit too much but understandable.
Also, I agree with Dice, beautiful thing of the day indeed, there were so much cheers when she was on stage and even when she wasn't, some artists gave her some cheers often during the awards.
They've all supported her, it was beautiful and touching.

No No Eul

So there was an award acceptance from Luna, but no performances by f(x) or SNSD as I was led to believe. Humph.

Maybe SM wanted to make absolutely sure the girls wouldn't upstage the boys?

Soompi said:
Super Junior’s Sungmin’s Personal Blog Gets Hacked

On November 14, this message was seen on the personal blog, “I’m the person who uploaded the naked photos on Eunhyuk’s SNS.” To drive the point home, the same images of Hwang Seol Lin left on Eunhyuk’s Twitter was uploaded onto his blog.

This is getting silly now.

Seohyun said:
ip9UdEgqmi5eW.jpg

아빠가 만들어 주신 귀여운 피아노~♬ my dad made a teensy weensy piano for me!!:D thank u soooooo much daddy♥

Awww.

DSP said:

It's Rainbow's 4th anniversary! Please DSP, find them some decent songs to sing.

Ara said:

Victoria said:

Broank

SHINee's daesang was obvious but even so deserved. After more than 5 years of hardworking and this year of ultraworking with 4 complete albums, It it deserved, I mean it.
They were just dying outta here tho, was a bit too much but understandable.
Also, I agree with Dice, beautiful thing of the day indeed, there were so much cheers when she was on stage and even when she wasn't, some artists gave her some cheers often during the awards.
They've all supported her, it was beautiful and touching.

Isn't Melon awards based on digital though? I know SM is pushing a ton of Shinee this year but you should at least have a top 30 downloaded song to win digital Daesang. Growl is a decent choice for song of the year since it had a lot of longevity, passed a million DL and is in the top 20 for the year.

Awesome to see Ailee still doing her thing on stage with R&J and getting that award like a boss.

Maybe SM wanted to make absolutely sure the girls wouldn't upstage the boys?

f(x) they unfortunately kind of undercut promotions since they saw a clearing for Exo, wasn't much of a chance for them (I don't think I've seen a company undercut themself before o_O)

SNSD I think they must have just declined the nominations to clear the way for the boy groups since they weren't even nominated in the top 10 thing. lol

isuzu

VIXX voodoo teasers are out

Teaser 1

Teaser 2 rated R (don't click if you don't like gore stuff)

Maybe jellyfish will stop with the whole dark/possessed/evil concept after the full album? Idk, I love VIXX but I need more gr8u and rock ur body. I blame Leo.

JKTrix

makin quality gifs with free software is hard. I finally got the thing I want in a quality that doesn't make me barf. Now I have to figure out that klogg magic to make it not shaky. It's from a non-performance fancam. Shift every single layer, huzzah.

Co-worker peeked over my desk while he was on the phone and said 'Ay whoz dat cutie'. Thankfully the phone distracted him immediately afterwards.

Congrats to Ailee, that was great.

More important is the wealth of information coming out. Dispatch releases the audio from the phone call and SBS gets involved as well.

TL;DR, the dude speaking to SBS and Dispatch sound exactly the same and then a bombshell drops... a Korean representative for AKP confirms that that the leaker works at AKP.

As an Ailee stan, this is fucking glorious and I think this gif sums up this clusterfuck perfectly.

i8lRiV8FXrBzu.gif

luso

It's good to see Ailee staying up with all this "scandal" and having much support.
I think it helped the image she have since debut: talented, nice, harworking and humble.
Maybe it's just the times and this stuff does not shock as much as some years ago, but I would say if the same thing happened to some other (probably most!) women, probably it would be worst.
Well, it's hard thinking anyone else that could have this kind support, almost all idols wouldn't be so fortunate...

JKTrix

Gender Bender - Korean Game Show.

Some people unfamiliar with K-pop try to guess whether a displayed celebrity is a male or female.
Warning for the haters: It's not an Eat Your Kimchi video, but they are heavily featured in it.

I think the thing with Ailee is that not only is she kind of 'foreign', the people who are attacking her are definitely 'foreign'. I don't think chastity was a selling point for her image, but the foreign element very likely helps them detach that particular angle of emotion.

Pendulum

More important is the wealth of information coming out. Dispatch releases the audio from the phone call and SBS gets involved as well.

TL;DR, the dude speaking to SBS and Dispatch sound exactly the same and then a bombshell drops... a Korean representative for AKP confirms that that the leaker works at AKP.

tumblr_lgwzuxEpta1qde6d8.gif

We knew. But glad to see it being reported.

Edit:
39 minute Crayon Pop Tv in Australia episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21HtaXT8QVg
lol @ Gummi's surprise at the guy's arm hair.

luso

I think he prefers other type of women...

makin quality gifs with free software is hard. I finally got the thing I want in a quality that doesn't make me barf. Now I have to figure out that klogg magic to make it not shaky. It's from a non-performance fancam. Shift every single layer, huzzah.

Co-worker peeked over my desk while he was on the phone and said 'Ay whoz dat cutie'. Thankfully the phone distracted him immediately afterwards.

Congrats to Ailee, that was great.

So where are they (the gifs)?

Eldren

omg at that video of Ailee collecting her award ;__; Good for her!

VIXX first album tracklist said:
Anyone recognise the names of the writers/arrangers(?)/composers? I see Ravi wrote a whole bunch of lyrics, that's cool.

Sulli & Victoria said:

Hyo in Italian Vogue said:
Apparently the interviewer asked about her future plans and she said she wants to act. Sunny is supposedly voicing a character in the Korean dub of Rio 2 so I guess that'd leave Hyo as the last to act, I think? I'd like to see her try, even if it's just to see if she's super awkward and terrible.

JKTrix

I have the shaky one done, but I'm going to go through the time consuming process of steadying it out a little. I'm not realy OCD but I can get that way sometimes. The thing I gif'd is pretty insignificant, so I dunno if the Tumblr gif squad even cares about the 2 second event I chose.

Other than being at work, I also got distracted by suddenly discovering the release of a Japanese video game I have been anticipating.

I'll upload the completely unoptimized gif, in case something nuts happens and I don't get back to it. Dropbox seems the only place that will let me upload a 24mb clip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23860371/shakycrop.gif

luso

I have the shaky one done, but I'm going to go through the time consuming process of steadying it out a little. I'm not realy OCD but I can get that way sometimes. The thing I gif'd is pretty insignificant, so I dunno if the Tumblr gif squad even cares about the 2 second event I chose.

Other than being at work, I also got distracted by suddenly discovering the release of a Japanese video game I have been anticipating.

I'll upload the completely unoptimized gif, in case something nuts happens and I don't get back to it. Dropbox seems the only place that will let me upload a 24mb clip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23860371/shakycrop.gif

She looks like she's spitting. Also too big for the duration it has..

luso

Sorry if my words weren't well interpreted, I wanted to say that just as observation, not bashing.

Here's a Hyuna
tumblr_mw9idrVRUS1qeawm5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mw9idrVRUS1qeawm5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mw9id4p8Xe1qeawm5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mw9hwrJmBG1qeawm5o1_500.jpg

giri

Hyuna has looked terrible all 2013. This no exception.

:( Oh well, 4 minute must be due for a come back. Or 2yoon anyway.

Actually, i could go another 2yoon

Eldren

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../shakycrop.gif

I like it! Seohyun is such a cutie. 24mb is massive though haha. What program did you use to download the video? I'm trying to use the method fiddl uses (as detailed on his tumblr, conveniently) and I think I'm ok with the photoshop stage but I haven't found a video converting program I'm happy with. 1080p videos don't come out looking 1080p, and after I've got all the frames to make the gif, it plays slower than I'd like and I can't work out how to make it faster :\

Making non-gifcam gifs is hard
iDFHgFoeJLH3A.gif

wwlnd

Banned
I like it! Seohyun is such a cutie. 24mb is massive though haha. What program did you use to download the video? I'm trying to use the method fiddl uses (as detailed on his tumblr, conveniently) and I think I'm ok with the photoshop stage but I haven't found a video converting program I'm happy with. 1080p videos don't come out looking 1080p, and after I've got all the frames to make the gif, it plays slower than I'd like and I can't work out how to make it faster :\

Making non-gifcam gifs is hard
change speed by changing frame delay. select all frames then click the e.g. '0.05 sec' at the bottom of a frame

JKTrix

What program did you use to download the video? I'm trying to use the method fiddl uses (as detailed on his tumblr, conveniently) and I think I'm ok with the photoshop stage but I haven't found a video converting program I'm happy with.
I have a browser extension (and several other download programs that are compatible with non-1080p YouTube) that allowed me to download the video. I also had another video player I've been using for years that allowed me to extract the sequence of still images, and I was using GIMP to animate it.

The GIF format is pretty sucky in that it only holds so much colour, so I had plenty of different versions of the gif that were much smaller in file size but looked a moving contour map. The image quality in the big dumb version I posted is the best I could get after messing with some settings.

The final version (if I ever do it--left my laptop at work!) will be a better file size, and the smaller resolution may help make it look a little better. I will not ruin the picture by putting a tumblr filter on it, even if it helps to mask some visual imperfections.

Top Bottom