• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Niks

ivNiiPC1D9MhO.jpg

They seem to be catering to their 7-12 year old fanbase rather well.

dokish

Banned
What happened to Dice?

EDIT: I'm glad it was not Way. Sad it was ChoA.

I hate what happened because now they are gonna increase security (which was pretty lacking when I saw them) and they gonna start doing all kinds of shit to keep people away from them. But I think it was unavoidable with their success (that someone would invade stage).

luso

Next time, sexy Sunny Photoshoot.

Dice posted a statement on his tumblr, if you want to read. I will not link it per request.

Eldren

Dice posted a statement on his tumblr, if you want to read. I will not link it per request.

Thanks for the info. It's a shame what happened. Stick to the safe waters of community and gaming with us.

ibbsBnK8o1UZFa.gif

Also it looks like some track titles have slipped out for SNSD's Japanese album.

Gossip Girls could be iconic, I'm hoping Motorcyle is Bad Girl 2.0, Flyers...I dunno, sounds like it could be a cutesy track which I'm not really here for. Galaxy Supernova is cool, Love & Girls is a mess. Add in Beep Beep and My Oh My and that's a little over half the tracks already. Hopefully we get more like Great Escape/Flower Power/Bad Girl/Paparazzi and less like I'm A Diamond or Do The Catwalk.

Pendulum

ivNiiPC1D9MhO.jpg

Single due on the 28th.

It's a Christmas song. I've seen worse.

--------

Nine Muses on.... something. Info/rumour going around that they are shooting their next MV - I thought it was going to be a digital release only? So digital with some kind of footage but no promotions, then?

--------

Seen some snippets of the recent Happy Together with Minah, Eunji, Suzy, and Fei. Looks funny. I'm excited for the (hopefully soon) upcoming subs.

Also, Minah is a No Myung Soo Zone. :p

iBsp4Gx12a3VL.gif

--------

Pouring one out for Dice and face. Stay happy, see you in a bit.

Cuddler

So...Yang Jung Mo signed a contract with Chrome Entertainment (company behind Crayon Pop).
Source for the news: Newsis (hopefully google translation worked well, lol)
Yang Jung Mo is a good singer imo, with an interesting voice and an interesting music background.

He participated in MBC Star Audition:
StarAudition_양정모(패자부활전)

Then he released two solo singles:
양정모 Single "좋은걸" - 01. 좋은걸
04 01 디앤지실용음악학원 2013 끌림콘서트 초대가수 양정모 - 사랑인가봐 - live
04 02 디앤지실용음악학원 2013 끌림콘서트 초대가수 양정모 - 좋은걸 - live

Surprisingly enough listening to his solo works, he play the bass and is the main singer of the Pop Punk Rock band called Sweet Guerillaz, who just did a return show recently:
[MV] Sweet Guerillaz - Remember
Sweet guerillaz Return show teaser 2013@Prism live hall
20131027 Sweet Guerillaz - (Part 2/8) - live - I like the second song they sing here, it's called "Be Free"
20131027 Sweet Guerillaz - (Part 7/8) - Remember - live
20131027 Sweet Guerillaz - (Part 8/8) - Follow the Rainbow - live

Their album called "Follow the Rainbow" was released in 2008. I don't know much about Chrome Enternaiment, but I hope that they will let him release the music that he likes to do. Wouldn't mind listening to a song with him and Crayon Pop, just for curiosity to be honest, lol.

Aww yiss.

Reading your edit right now, hopefully I'll be able to get it up by tonight, if not definitely tomorrow.

Is it just me or this is just unnecessary censorship?

Also, justice might actually arrive??

K-media outlets preparing ~$1 million lawsuit against allkpop for copyright infringement, according to reports

TL;DR: K-media outlets are doing this in retaliation for ruining my waifu's reputation, not because AKP are total scumbags. Either way, hopefully this goes through and causes some damage to AKP's credibility.

kingkitty

Still really digging Reply 1994. I find the pacing a little sluggish, but it's still a good time.
That Bingrae kid and Trash guy make such a cute couple <3. I hope they adopt. Idgaf about Go Ara, move on dude, Trash just isn't that into you. Although of course the show will probably put Trash man and Go Ara together as the wedding couple, poor Bingrae.

No No Eul

Jiyoung

K-media outlets preparing ~$1 million lawsuit against allkpop for copyright infringement, according to reports

TL;DR: K-media outlets are doing this in retaliation for ruining my waifu's reputation, not because AKP are total scumbags. Either way, hopefully this goes through and causes some damage to AKP's credibility.

Presumably that would have implications for all the other sites that make a business out of translating Korean articles, unless the likes of Soompi already pay those media outlets for the privilege of using their material?

fyeahwhiteswimsuitsandjeans

Min said:

Jessica said:
ibyozQjDqcI4Ct.jpg

Feeling better~thanks..
iCYlBjFSSjXgj.gif

luso

Paris Hilton is confirmed to perform at the 2013 MNET Asian Music Awards.

CJ E and M's PD Ahn mentioned, "MAMA will invite western artists who are popular in Asia for performance and interaction, i'm sure Paris Hilton's performance will enhance the show."

!?

I lost track what PH is doing in the past years, does she sing or what?

Peru

Interesting that Wassup completely dropped the 'hip hop group' label already. Like so many other groups with a somewhat unique style. Crayon Pop are successful now because they didn't go generic after their first attempts at standing out didn't result in immediate chart success.

If there's one thing to be proud of as a Norwegian it's that a Norwegian duo is performing with Crayon Pop at MAMA:

jokkir

Glen Check's album is top notch. I can see Youth in Revolt be used in a FIFA game lol.

But definitely one of my top albums of the year, tbh. Been disappointed by Jay-Z and Kanye's new album but this one didn't disappoint.

Top Bottom