• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

dokish

Banned
Interesting that Wassup completely dropped the 'hip hop group' label already. Like so many other groups with a somewhat unique style. Crayon Pop are successful now because they didn't go generic after their first attempts at standing out didn't result in immediate chart success.

If there's one thing to be proud of as a Norwegian it's that a Norwegian duo is performing with Crayon Pop at MAMA:

Where's the link?

You put " : " instead of " . " so I figured your forgot? lol

EDIT Crayon Pop is probably gonna release their album Day 1 with a major event, like everything they do (something that doesn't happen with other artists), so I'll probably get a change to grab Way's brea... I mean, take a lot of pictures!

Alright, the moment y'all have been waiting for... the next chapter of K-Pop GAF's Story...

Hot Coffee - Chapter 2 - The Noodle Shop

http://pastebin.com/G64Anymz

Written by me and ryan-ts with story and casting done by Cuddler.

As always thanks for reading and feedback will definitely be appreciated!

Presumably that would have implications for all the other sites that make a business out of translating Korean articles, unless the likes of Soompi already pay those media outlets for the privilege of using their material?

Yeah, supposedly those are the implications if the K-media go through with this but I'm not exactly sure. Some are saying that this is more of a retaliation for AKP though for their anti-Korean sentiments and the other crap they've been doing.

dokish

Banned
Well-written piece, but allow me share my view on how the story-telling could be improved!

Maybe instead of adding new characters every chapter, make the story in 'arcs', like 3 - longer - chapters dedicated to present (and finish) a new story, and then make some kind of "season 2" with new characters, although old characters can always re-appear. If new characters are constantly added, I feel that we'll have 10 chapters with 15 characters poorly developed, and we're gonna ask "Who is this again? What's his link with everything?" because their parts are so few and far between that they will fail to "glue" in our spirit. Or you can introduce nameless characters as well, like someone talking to the producer, the neighbor, the night club manager, etc.

And I would love if there was longer chapters.

Anyone at GAF is good at drawing? Would be nice to have sketch of the characters lol. I liked how you just mentioned Orangecaramel and the mysterious homeless man.

Plus, you are a audio engineer or journalist?

If you are a journalist, I have lots of interest in this major. Would you mind sending me a PM with what's the course like, what "kinds" of journalism there is (I like the video, photography, documentary part, not the in front of the cameras shit). What are the junior books that people have to read? Any good movies about the profession that you would recommend? Thanks.

dokish

Banned
No problem. Let's all laugh together at least.

Make ramyeon and me! Doesn't have to be a man (ramyeon), just imagine a fashion-clothing shop owner and draw it!

vanty

More of Fei the Best

Gb43j85.jpg

Hair is pretty good, I'm guessing that was just done.

I just want to thank the person that posted a Bestie video a few pages back. I've never heard of the group before, but after watching that video and giving their other song a listen, I'm officially obsessed with them. I've downloaded both 'Pitapat' and 'Love Options', and I've watched the MVs countless times already. All of the members are attractive, so choosing one is a little hard right now. I'm at the flip flopping stage when it comes to who I like, and so far I'm leaning towards the long black-haired girl (My first pick was the really pretty, skinny brunette girl). Gah, they are so perfect!!!

I need more Bestie!

P.S. Still haven't learned all their names. I'm too busy watching performance videos.

llehuty

VIXX - VOODOO DOLL (Live showcase) I need a dance version now. Impossible to see the choreography with the shitty camera work.

I just want to thank the person that posted a Bestie video a few pages back. I've never heard of the group before, but after watching that video and giving their other song a listen, and I'm officially obsessed with them. I've downloaded both 'Pitapat' and 'Love Options', and I've watched the MVs countless times already. All of the members are attractive, so choosing one is a little hard right now. I'm at the flip flopping stage when it comes to who I like, and so far I'm leaning towards the long black-haired girl (My first pick was the really pretty, skinny brunette girl). Gah, they are so perfect!!!

I need more Bestie!

P.S. Still haven't learned all their names. I'm too busy watching performance videos.

Yess, stan THE rookies of 2013. Love options is such a fun, catchy song.

Dahye is the real deal.

^Flawless Queen Yoona.

I'm currently stanning both, U-ji and Haeryung. I can't choose between either of them. Haeryung gives me some serious Hara (Kara) vibes, right? am I the only one? She like a taller, better singing version of her. U-ji is a goddess.

Pendulum

Alright, the moment y'all have been waiting for... the next chapter of K-Pop GAF's Story...

Hot Coffee - Chapter 2 - The Noodle Shop

http://pastebin.com/G64Anymz

He has no identification, no recollection of anything before 3 months ago and that all he has is a signed 2Bic CD.

“K hehe daebak jjang jjang lol lol seumdwa”

XD

Dat poetic license with the Fany relationship. I think we found the real reason for this fan-fic :p

I need more Bestie!

If I remember, I'll dump a couple of links for you after I get home from work. In regards to names, your preference is Uji/Yuji; Hyeyeon is the short-haired Seungyeon 2.0; Dahye is the dyed redhead; Haeryung is...

Finally!

I was worried after the two dud singles this year, that we'd be getting another one. It also doesn't sound like anything they've done before (anyone know who wrote/produced it?)

--------------

Miss A on Arirang's After School Club:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyWzbehOFEs

Members other than min speak english and min does a weird spread leg dance.

Eldren

What kind of Mary Sue fanfic are you writing, Kookie? The narcissism! It's still great though, that Exo line was brilliant.

Son Sungoddess looking like an ethereal queen, god damn.

Yess, stan THE rookies of 2013. Love options is such a fun, catchy song.

Dahye is the real deal.

Love Options is seriously one of my favourite songs this year. Just pure fun to listen to.

Also YES, stan for the best of BESTie. All you peasants better bow to your queen.

I made this while waiting for AC4: Black Flag to install. I probably should have resized it but the people of Havana circa 1715 aren't going to assassinate themselves.

That MV was beautiful, all of the girls looked beautiful, their voices were on point, everything was perfect.

CL, greatest thing to happen to YG since Big Bang. She is a queen! We are not worthy.

Slowdive

Banned
The new 2NE1 song is really good, I'm not too keen on Falling In Love and Do You Love me but I liked I Love You. Still no news on the album...

Eldren

Missing You is nice. I like the stripped-down (oops) sound, their voices sound good. It kind of feels like it needs to build to a big crescendo - as it is, it doesn't really go anywhere - but I liked it for what it was.

TTS photoshoot for some magazine:

You just know that deluded TaeNy stans will crop Seohyun out of the picture so they can pretend Taeyeon and Tiffany had a baby or some shit, I mean--

tumblr_mwkbp5nhXv1safxgso1_500.jpg

Damn it, photographers! Put Seohyun in the middle so this doesn't happen! #JusticeForSeohyun

Is this real? said:

isuzu

Awww, look at my plastic queen Bom trying to show emotions. She's so qt, I love her. Also yasssssssss at CL not yelling-rapping. Minji's hair looks fried as hell and Bom's makeup is beyond tragic. Dara is flaw free as always. Song is ok, but they sound too loud.

I still hate YG for what he's been doing with 2ne1.

Pendulum

Finally!

I was worried after the two dud singles this year, that we'd be getting another one. It also doesn't sound like anything they've done before (anyone know who wrote/produced it?)

Teddy Park produced it. Stepping back up after this year's "The Baddest Female", "Falling In Love" and "Do You Love Me".

Why is there no HQ of this?

Haeryung pls ur killing me here

20135621384942909_59_20131120192303.jpg

I know, right?
BOO_20131120111945_V_59_20131120112602.JPG

Hey out there Dice.

Also:
[K-Poppin'] 베스티 (BESTie) - One Step at a Time (Jordin Sparks)
131120 베스티 연애의 조건 (BESTie on Show Champion this week)

--------

tumblr_mwim3ckVtv1rx8mrmo2_250.gif
tumblr_mwim3ckVtv1rx8mrmo1_250.gif

Well-written piece, but allow me share my view on how the story-telling could be improved!

Maybe instead of adding new characters every chapter, make the story in 'arcs', like 3 - longer - chapters dedicated to present (and finish) a new story, and then make some kind of "season 2" with new characters, although old characters can always re-appear. If new characters are constantly added, I feel that we'll have 10 chapters with 15 characters poorly developed, and we're gonna ask "Who is this again? What's his link with everything?" because their parts are so few and far between that they will fail to "glue" in our spirit. Or you can introduce nameless characters as well, like someone talking to the producer, the neighbor, the night club manager, etc.

And I would love if there was longer chapters.

Plus, you are a audio engineer or journalist?

If you are a journalist, I have lots of interest in this major. Would you mind sending me a PM with what's the course like, what "kinds" of journalism there is (I like the video, photography, documentary part, not the in front of the cameras shit). What are the junior books that people have to read? Any good movies about the profession that you would recommend? Thanks.

I dunno about creating story arcs, I gotta talk to ryan-ts about that, but I definitely understand about the characters. I've got 3 characters left to introduce, Pendulum, Dice and the main antagonist of the story and that's gonna be on the next chapter. CH4 is pretty much gonna ramp up the "action" of the story so the remaining chapters are definitely gonna be longer.

Anyway, I'm a double major in audio engineering and broadcast journalism. Spent 3 years doing audio then about last year I got some major exposure to the audio engineering industry and it's simply unsustainable unless you've got major talent and connections. So it was either I graduate in May 2014 and basically end up in a dead end or jump to journalism and graduate in Dec 2014 instead. It was a simple decision, especially knowing how sustainable a degree in broadcast journalism is. Funny thing is, I'm actually using those 3 years of audio in broadcast journo... pretty much the audio guy in my class haha.

But yeah, PM me specific questions if you've got them, I'll also PM you later about those questions.

Dat poetic license with the Fany relationship. I think we found the real reason for this fan-fic :p

Haha. I don't want to spoil any secrets, but I'll just say that Fany has an integral role in the story. :p

llehuty

Son Sungoddess looking like an ethereal queen, god damn.

Yesss, I'm taking that stan nickname for future reference.

So adorable *.*

"phwoooar"
bzE2E8l.jpg

Teaser for Sistar Hyorin's (Hyolyn) 'Lonely' music video that was filmed in london:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq0YoKOdBMg

I was expecting a bombastic Beyonce style song.

That would be awesome. I'm not here for the snorefest. Here hoping that she releases more tracks.

catmincer

New 2NE1 is really good. I liked ILU and DYLM but FIL was a bit shit.

Romanisation of Korean is annoying to follow. I see some people use Gyeonglee instead of Kyungri for the 9Muses one. At first I was thinking who the fuck is that then I clicked. Same as Lee Hyolee vs Lee Hyori. Now there's Hyorin vs Hyolyn ahhhhh.

Ym1r

Hyorin's vocals are really nice when it's mellow, it gets way to obnoxious when shes belting out her "signature" power vocals. She usually sounds like she has junk stuck in her throat, hopefully she keeps it nice and level, I enjoy her voice much more when she isn't screaming.

Romanisation of Korean is annoying to follow. I see some people use Gyeonglee instead of Kyungri for the 9Muses one. At first I was thinking who the fuck is that then I clicked. Same as Lee Hyolee vs Lee Hyori. Now there's Hyorin vs Hyolyn ahhhhh.

Nine Muses members have that all the time: Lee Sem/Lee Sam/ Sam, Erin/Euaerin etc.

These need to be posted again:

Speaking of which, it seems like ages since a girl group posed for a Maxim photoshoot.

roaSone

Hyorin's vocals are really nice when it's mellow, it gets way to obnoxious when shes belting out her "signature" power vocals. She usually sounds like she has junk stuck in her throat, hopefully she keeps it nice and level, I enjoy her voice much more than she isn't screaming.
6473637483_d0714bffd7_z.jpg

isuzu

Watching VIXX showcase and daaaaaaaaaaaaamn this is good. I'm happy they're doing so well. Work that Seo In Guk money, boys!
EMYX2b8.gif

vanty

2NE1's song is very good but no way is it as great as I Love You. A gigantic step up from Falling in Love and especially that last piece of crap, so hopefully the album won't be a big disappointment when it comes out in 2017 following GD's next 11 albums.

vanty

Hello Narsha

BZkZ6BVCYAAKmC9.jpg:large

For some reason when I rehosted that on imgur like normal it would try and save the image instead of opening it in a tab. No idea why.

Top Bottom