• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

Any of you nearby going?
BaMYYlZCAAEzV4d.jpg:large

AReed

Finally watched Oldboy (K version) last night. WOW. Very good movie.

I thought the actress who played Mido was cute so I searched her on google and found out she's married to Tablo. Double wow.

JKTrix

So I'm kind of casually thinking of taking another trip to Japan, and I kind of casually looked at the dates for the Soshi concerts, and I notice that one of the performances is on Seohyun's birthday...

Pendulum

So I'm kind of casually thinking of taking another trip to Japan, and I kind of casually looked at the dates for the Soshi concerts, and I notice that one of the performances is on Seohyun's birthday...

...and you'll casually turn up with a bow tied around you.

Eldren

Thank Hyosus it's Friday

Amen.

Waeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

For the last couple of years I've tried to make a point of not making snap judgements of people based on 1) first impressions and 2) physical appearances, and I've done well on the whole. But everytime I see Kris, whether it's performing or on a variety show or whatever, all I can think is "He looks like an absolute douchebag." And I hate that I made that judgement without giving him more of a chance. But I get such a bad impression from him, I just think I could never get on with him in real life. Sorry :(

-----

Yuri is wearing Hyuna's outfit in the Love & Peace promo:

Blue Jeans sounds...honestly, it sounds a bit boring. I'll give it another listen when the album version is actually released but I have super low expectations for this one. We're never going to get anything as good as the first Japanese album again, are we? I don't think I can handle a whole album of cutesy tracks with Tiffany having the majority of the lines while Hyo gets 3 English words per track.

Anyway YASSS NINE MUSES SLAY ME QUEENS. I am absolutely here for this 25+ concept. They look amazing and the song sounds catchy too. Can't wait for this one. #YearOf9Muses

isQENI0gAOme7.gif

luso

Blue Jeans sounds...honestly, it sounds a bit boring. I'll give it another listen when the album version is actually released but I have super low expectations for this one. We're never going to get anything as good as the first Japanese album again, are we? I don't think I can handle a whole album of cutesy tracks with Tiffany having the majority of the lines while Hyo gets 3 English words per track.

isQENI0gAOme7.gif

Your hate on Tiffany is becoming annoying, chill out.

isuzu

For the last couple of years I've tried to make a point of not making snap judgements of people based on 1) first impressions and 2) physical appearances, and I've done well on the whole. But everytime I see Kris, whether it's performing or on a variety show or whatever, all I can think is "He looks like an absolute douchebag." And I hate that I made that judgement without giving him more of a chance. But I get such a bad impression from him, I just think I could never get on with him in real life. Sorry :(

I see. But really, he's the opposite of a douchebag. If there's any douchebag in Exo, it's both Chanyeol and Baek. Kris just struggles between the image SM wants him to keep (the cold, distant guy) and who he really is (a dork and softie).

FGPqzlN.jpg

I'm dead. Exo singing cheesy christmas songs will be glorious.

Eldren

Sorry for the chunky sized gif
I regret nothing

Don't think there's anything here worth regretting to be honest.

Your hate on Tiffany is becoming annoying, chill out.

I don't hate Tiffany. But point taken.

I see. But really, he's the opposite of a douchebag. If there's any douchebag in Exo, it's both Chanyeol and Baek. Kris just struggles between the image SM wants him to keep (the cold, distant guy) and who he really is (a dork and softie).

Well in that case I've been unfair and I owe him another chance. Any videos you'd recommend?

luso

I don't hate Tiffany. But point taken.

Noticed!

Anyway, obligatory ranking:

1 - Hyoyeon
-----
2 - Yuri
3 - Sunny
4 - Seohyun
5 - Taeyeon
6 - Sooyoung
-----
7 - Yoona
8 - Jessica
9 - Tiffany

(Yes, 1 is the highest. No, it's not upside-down.)

In that Nylon issue with the Jungs, Tiffany did a photo shoot. It was...weird. Probably the first and last time I'll post a Tiffany pic:

My current Soshi ranking is:

1 - Hyoyeon
2 - Yuri
3 - Sunny
4 - Seohyun
5 - Taeyeon
6 - Sooyoung
7 - Yoona
8 - Jessica
9 - Tiffany

It hasn't changed too much.

- Tiffany has fallen the farthest. She was so cute during their early years and she seemed really fun, but now I just straight up don't like her. She's pretty but I just find her, I dunno, obnoxious. I don't like her voice, everytime she does the "[somewhere], put it back on" in Genie performances I can feel my skin crawl. Watching fancams from the latest concert makes me dislike her even more, because she put in a shockingly lazy performance.

This is why I don't want more TTS. I'm not saying "no more TTS please, 3 albums per year is enough thanks." It's just that I'd much rather have a different sub group instead
because I can't stand Tiffany and Taeyeon is...eh, I don't mind her. I like Seohyun a lot though.

Sorry, neoism. I did say I didn't mind Taeyeon, that's not a bad thing!
Tiffany has always been ranked 9th out of 9 though.
Stay drinking the Tiffany kool-aid. It's almost as if people aren't individuals with their own opinions and their own likes and dislikes.

Meanwhile, let's appreciate the undisputed best member of TTS:

She's so beautiful and talented
and not obnoxious.
I can't believe I was excited to see what two new pages of conversation would be about, only to discover it was boring old Tiffany and some fanfics. How crushingly disappointing.

There are times when I do suspect that SM doesn't give a shit about Hyo but I don't think I'd count that birthday photo as evidence.
. At least in some of their older songs she was given a 5-second long dance break to compensate for having one line, but now SM don't even bother with that while still not giving her any decent vocal parts. During live performances on tour, they use those dance breaks to walk back to the main stage or to give Tiffany a chance to "rap".

YES her hair looks amazing now, thank god that fringe is gone. Too much Tiffany and not enough Yuri for my tastes but the MV is good.

I don't think I can handle a whole album of cutesy tracks with Tiffany having the majority of the lines while Hyo gets 3 English words per track.

Eldren

Wow, ok. Maybe I do hate Tiffany then? I still think "hate" is too strong a word but you exposed me. Point made. I'll tone it down.

After a slight delay, I present to y'all the 3rd chapter of Hot Coffee!!

Dokish gets a second chance on meeting Ramyeon but will it turn out to be the best day ever or his worst one yet?

http://pastebin.com/S1nbD1Zt

Apologies for the delay in getting this chapter out. I've literally been busy the last week thanks to school. Had an exam, 2 presentations and another one coming up, and a video project I need to turn next week. I've been home the past couple of days but even then all my free time got devoted to these projects. It gets worse next couple of weeks as next is hell week then finals week after. :(

Anyway, this one's a long chapter. Partly coz of demand from the audience and the story really needed to kickstart itself into high gear. If you haven't noticed the last 3 chapters actually happened in a span of 24+ hours, that's why it really needed to start moving.

As always, me and ryan-ts have been writing this and thanks to Cuddler for the concept.

Enjoy!

Don't wanna pull an Ash, but who's this??

dokish

Banned
http://25.media.tumblr.com/09c92facd5391481202c64bcda1940fd/tumblr_mx193r1bwm1qk12q0o1_1280.jpg

Holy shit what is the context of this? Where was this posted? Because if it was twitter or instagram I can see people calling her slut and shit.

Damn that's a good picture.

EDIT: Kookie, this chapter was awesome. Perfect length, perfect pace, everything well written and developed. Such a cool read. I'm excited. Haha.

Pendulum

Don't wanna pull an Ash, but who's this??

Oh man, have you not been introduced to the wonders of Hyunyoung?
will give the chapter a read through later :)

Dat Sera English. She's pretty good at it, which I kind of expected after hearing her singing Carpenters songs.

Yeah, she had that dual-country upbringing - born in Canada, Korea for middle school, Canada for high school, back to Korea.

Edit:
Holy shit what is the context of this? Where was this posted? Because if it was twitter or instagram I can see people calling her slut and shit.

Seriously dude? Although Hyunyoung is using the left half of the pic for her Twitter profile (so her head and part of her torso) and posted this in reply to someone, it's clear it's a BTS of a shoot or something similar. She's not attending a DSP board meeting and decided to bend over for the CEO.

Eldren

Hot Coffee

Great stuff man. Some nice comedy beats in this part. How did your exams and presentations go?

[Hot Beat] VVIP with 9Muses - Hyuna, Sera, Sungah interview in English/Korean. (didn't see this before)

Their English is really cute. This is the second radio show I've seen them on I think and they seem really fun. Hopefully we get more once they start getting bigger. (Sungah thirsting for Hugh Jackman was amazing.)

Apologies if this has been posted but here's a teaser for T-ara's upcoming comeback. I really liked Number 9 and this is sounding super catchy too.

Isuzu, sorry for the late reply, but I watched that clip and you were right. I was a dick to insult someone I know nothing about like that. He seems pretty cool. Which member has the strange high pitched laugh? I thought it was Tao at first but I couldn't work it out.

Jessus Christ. Best dressed member as usual.

Sunny said:
tumblr_mx2q38gOuL1r97x8vo1_500.jpg

이따봐요상해친구들!! See u soon!! Shanghai♡

Supposedly we're getting the Blade & Soul OST today which should be interesting. First Chinese song, I think?

EDIT: Extremely low quality but it actually sounds really catchy. Obviously can't really tell what it sounds like but I can't wait for a high quality/studio version. I wasn't aware they all spoke Chinese (don't know if it's Mandarin or Cantonese), I thought it was just Seohyun and Hyoyeon, so I'm curious about their pronunciation. Not that I'll have any idea what they're saying of course.

Apparently Hyo raps in Chinese by the way and I think Tiffany does in English. This might be the best single they've released this year, how weird.

EDIT2: Higher quality but it's in the background of an interview. Man it actually sounds really good.

Pendulum

Crayon Pop's fascination with hairy men continues....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9HexnOp0MI&t=11m49s

..yes, dokish needs to grow a lot of body hair quickly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9HexnOp0MI&t=15m32s

When a stylist looks like that, you know you're in Australia. ;)

-------

Edit:

On the November 30th broadcast of KBS 2TV's 'Entertainment Relay', the reporter asked, "Among SM's three beauties, Lee Yeon Hee, Go Ara, and YoonA. Who is the prettiest?" YoonA answered in a loud voice during the ride, "I'm sorry! YoonA!"

tumblr_mhxeihjpJh1r4q3oso1_500.jpg

Don't hurt me, Alt. Couldn't resist the set up.

-------

Hyunyoung from Rainbow.

PsKaTkG.gif

That gif perfectly portrays what I felt the first time I saw that.

Haha I still remember that even though it's been like 2-3 OT's now lol.

This is so entertaining. You should send the story somewhere. I need a live drama adaptation :)

Also, SMH entertainment needs to happen.

Somebody find a PD in Korea and tell them about the thread haha.

Great stuff man. Some nice comedy beats in this part. How did your exams and presentations go?

The exam was easy and the presentation thankfully didn't crash and burn... some of my group members were terrible but I did fine, I'm so used to public speaking/performance it doesn't faze me as much as it should lol.

Don't hurt me, Alt. Couldn't resist the set up.

Out of those 3, yeah sorry Alt, Yoong's bottom barrel.

1. Go Ara
2. Yeon-hee
3. Yoong

neoism

Supposedly we're getting the Blade & Soul OST today which should be interesting. First Chinese song, I think?

EDIT: Extremely low quality but it actually sounds really catchy. Obviously can't really tell what it sounds like but I can't wait for a high quality/studio version. I wasn't aware they all spoke Chinese (don't know if it's Mandarin or Cantonese), I thought it was just Seohyun and Hyoyeon, so I'm curious about their pronunciation. Not that I'll have any idea what they're saying of course.

Apparently Hyo raps in Chinese by the way and I think Tiffany does in English. This might be the best single they've released this year, how weird.

EDIT2: Higher quality but it's in the background of an interview. Man it actually sounds really good.
impossible lol it does sound catchy but Chinese is a gross sounding language... song is nice but wasted on a shitty mmo game

Eldren

impossible lol it does sound catchy but Chinese is a gross sounding language... song is nice but wasted on a shitty mmo game

What other songs have they released this year though?

I Got A Boy
Love & Girls
Lingua Franca
Galaxy Supernova
Do The Catwalk
My Oh My

IGAB grew on me but it's definitely a jarring and unusual song the first time you hear it because it sounds like 4 different songs in one, 5 if you use the original slightly longer version with the middle part. Love & Girls, Lingua Franca and Do The Catwalk aren't all that interesting. Galaxy Supernova is catchy but the weird English interlude in the middle kills the flow a bit. My Oh My is good, probably tied with IGAB as the only other contenders. Maybe it's just me then, I actually really like this song.

No comment on the Chinese thing.

The only disappointing thing about it is that it's a really catchy song with decent choreography but it's only for a CF. It would be an absolute waste of a good song if this doesn't get an MV. Fingers crossed they treat it like Chocolate Love and give it an MV. That's one of my favourite SNSD songs and I love the video. They still get to do all the choreography and look great doing it, while still doing product placement/promotion. Everybody wins.

luso

^ Superior Orange Caramel with the 3 on the right

Chocolate Love -> LG -> MV
Visual Dreams -> Intel -> MV
Blade & Souls -> ?? -> NULL

neoism

What other songs have they released this year though?

I Got A Boy

Love & Girls
Lingua Franca
Galaxy Supernova
Do The Catwalk
My Oh My

IGAB grew on me but it's definitely a jarring and unusual song the first time you hear it because it sounds like 4 different songs in one, 5 if you use the original slightly longer version with the middle part. Love & Girls, Lingua Franca and Do The Catwalk aren't all that interesting. Galaxy Supernova is catchy but the weird English interlude in the middle kills the flow a bit. My Oh My is good, probably tied with IGAB as the only other contenders. Maybe it's just me then, I actually really like this song.

No comment on the Chinese thing.

The only disappointing thing about it is that it's a really catchy song with decent choreography but it's only for a CF. It would be an absolute waste of a good song if this doesn't get an MV. Fingers crossed they treat it like Chocolate Love and give it an MV. That's one of my favourite SNSD songs and I love the video. They still get to do all the choreography and look great doing it, while still doing product placement/promotion. Everybody wins.

looooved both of these... but I do like all of those songs... its a great song after a few
dozen
listens :p... but those two are my favs of the year... I dont like the sound of Chinese but snsd makes anything awesome .

It will get 1/4th an MV :p

Top Bottom