• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

Woopwoop, bring on the weekend. I'm guessing Thanksgiving is a real big thing over in the US? Most of our national holidays seem to be more of an excuse to get hammered rather than what they're for. (UK)

Oh, another UKer? Whereabouts?

Edit: Top of page.
tumblr_mwxowgmH4m1qk12q0o1_500.jpg

giri

nicoleconfused.gif

I have no gifs to express how sad the Nicole news makes me. It's just idols and all that, but still, a fav is a fav.

Sigh.

Eldren

Thanksgiving is not even a thing there, is it even a thing anywhere outside of the US? It is a very specifically American celebration isn't it? They just tweeted for American fans.

Korea does have a Harvest Moon festival that is often mistranslated as Thanksgiving called Chuseok but it's not the same date.

Yeah I've always assumed it was an exclusively American thing, I was just a bit surprised to see those tweets and photos. My knowledge of Korean customs and traditions is extremely limited but I knew there were a couple of people here who would know. Like you! Thanks for the answer. I'm just going to go ahead and see it as an excuse to hang out with friends and get drunk.

iWVqPUkrAGcTs.gif

Fake edit: Another UKer here! Nearer to Pendulum than inversemateria. What public holidays do we even have? Like the bank holidays in May and August, the two for Easter and May Day?

Yeah I've always assumed it was an exclusively American thing, I was just a bit surprised to see those tweets and photos. My knowledge of Korean customs and traditions is extremely limited but I knew there were a couple of people here who would know. Like you! Thanks for the answer. I'm just going to go ahead and see it as an excuse to hang out with friends and get drunk.

Ahaha, same here. Might as well. I actually know almost nothing about Korea, other than a couple of things I've read about here and there.

Fake edit: Another UKer here! Nearer to Pendulum than inversemateria. What public holidays do we even have? Like the bank holidays in May and August, the two for Easter and May Day?

Yeah, depressingly few throughout the year =\

Eldren

Yeah. I enjoy stanning embarrassing people.

XuLK7ef.gif
AVOu2il.gif

I can understand that. I don't like Kris and I'm indifferent on Luhan but Xiumin is probably the most ridiculously adorable thing I've ever seen. He's like a human chipmunk. When I first heard of Exo I thought he was the youngest. Oops.

milkham

Thanksgiving is not even a thing there, is it even a thing anywhere outside of the US? It is a very specifically American celebration isn't it? They just tweeted for American fans.

Korea does have a Harvest Moon festival that is often mistranslated as Thanksgiving called Chuseok but it's not the same date.

canada has a thanksgiving but its in october

Fafnir

Watching Grampas Over Flowers w/Sunny episodes.
GtFB0p6.jpg

I love how bitchy Seojin is at the beginning after being tricked in the first trip.
WfYyHMd.jpg

Whoa, Sunny is nonexistent at the Taiwan airport and Seojin get's mobbed instead.
mmmQPgg.jpg

Seojin always trying to ditch the production crew to be with Sunny solo, I would do the same.

Boss Sunny coming through with the cell tech and leading the way.

The captions just constantly talk shit about Seojin, "Good for nothing Seojin" lol
BACUX1e.jpg

Love how Seojin as the man tries to take the lead, but Sunny cutely shows him the error of his ways and leads.

Na PD really is a spiteful PD, all those years having to deal with Kang Ho Dong and the 1N2D cast really made him a bastard lol

Sunny is kryptonite to these grandpas, probably all men in general.
t82bqkZ.jpg

Damn subs ended at the middle of episode 10. Time to check out Sooyoung's Cyrano Dating Agency or catch up on Answer Me 1994.

neoism

↑
still watching IYs1 on like ep 26 now Sunny is so fucking boss...shes a real women does shit with ease the others cant do lololol gonna stop watching probably when she leaves :*(

nicoleconfused.gif

I have no gifs to express how sad the Nicole news makes me. It's just idols and all that, but still, a fav is a fav.

Sigh.

sooo why is she leaving...?

SNSD 3rd Japanese Album "Love&Peace" cover

Normal Version:
UPCH-20337.jpg

Limited DVD/Blu-Ray
UPCH-29159.jpg

Deluxe Limited Edition
UPCH-29158.jpg

http://onehallyu.com/index.php?/topic/33735-snsd-3rd-japanese-album-lovepeace-cover-updated-w-new-pics-actual-cover/
not even really excited for this one mostly because they only being 5 or 6 new songs.. as long as there is a motherfucking complete BEEP BEEP video I will be happy though lol

deem fany pics... <3 <3 <3 lol
tumblr_mwzx0tA5Ys1rp2chco1_500.gif
prince is a mean little shit. :p

giri

sooo why is she leaving...?

She hasn't given a real reason yet. I expect one will come from her twitter when she's finalised everything with the group. I believe she'll still be at the DSP concert on the 22nd. (or maybe it's the 11th? i forget).

The rest would be conjecture but the summary is that DSP are morons and don't want to be in business anymore.

Fafnir

&#8593;
still watching IYs1 on like ep 26 now Sunny is so fucking boss...shes a real women does shit with ease the others cant do lololol gonna stop watching probably when she leaves :*(

IY should have ended when SunYul and Hyuna left. The last mission with the college kids was great and the campfire at the end with Hyomin's letter to Sunny was the climax, everything downhill from there. Even when Sunny guested to Japan it wasn't the same.

nbp6Kdr.jpg

Broank

SNSD 3rd Japanese Album "Love&Peace" cover

One thing I hate about Japanese albums is they always make the only decent covers the ones that cost like 7500yen. heh

Looks like EXO making another comeback next week with a winter themed album.
ToIKom5.jpg

ramyeon

A lot of kpop videos are low quality or only snippets etc...
I have no idea what you're talking about. To be honest it seems like you're confusing it with Japan since that's the current situation with Jpop.

Major Korean labels all upload teaser videos and music videos in 1080p on YouTube at the exact same time they're released to Korean music portals, weekly televised music performance shows are doing the same recently and there's even exclusive YouTube only content being pushed out by major labels. Not to mention Korean YouTube-only "TV channels" with exclusive content.

So yeah, I'm confused. The T-Ara stuff being reuploaded by LOEN is all older content (This particular example was released back in 2009), it's not new or even recent and they may not have the source in 1080p readily available.

giri

A lot of kpop videos are low quality or only snippets etc...

Following on from what Ramy said, all of which is true, there are some that haven't gone back and updated their back catalogue with 1080's.

There are some companies that don't like youtube, or, more correctly, ignore it for naver or melon or something. But over the last 2 years thats largely been remedied. You look at groups like crayon poop and they get a large amount of success from viral videos on youtube .

neoism

youtube has been fucking running like dogshit the past few days... its usually ok, but Kpop in general gets alot of fans from youtube... Seriously the past year I've watched a fuck ton of k-pop variety and MV.. I wouldn't have cared about Snsd at all mostly if it wasn't for youtube.

Fafnir

That yen must be profitable, Soshi announces 3rd Japan tour. Have to buy the new album to be able to get in the lottery for the tickets.

Girls’ Generation will be holding its third tour through Japan beginning in April of next year. The tour is currently scheduled to visit six cities for twelve performances. Girls’ Generation’s second Japan tour concluded earlier this year on April 21st, after visiting seven cities for twenty performances.

In addition, Universal Music has updated Girls’ Generation’s artist page with a “LOVE&PEACE” theme. Universal Music has also revealed that the “LOVE&PEACE” album will feature a visual theme showing 1970&#8242;s pop culture and a colorful psychedelic party. A “LOVE&PEACE” “free live” show will take place on December 14th at the Yokohama Arena, with tickets to be distributed through a lottery available to those who purchase the third album.

http://www.soshified.com/2013/11/girls-generation-announces-third-japan-tour

o8F5SOS.jpg

Fafnir

Great, so their Girls and Peace "world tour" started and ended in Asia. smfh SM

Probably just not profitably to go to US or Europe until they have a credible english album. The MSG SMTown wasn't even sold out as me and my friends were able to move up and get better seats.

luso

not even really excited for this one mostly because they only being 5 or 6 new songs.. as long as there is a motherfucking complete BEEP BEEP video I will be happy though lol

tumblr_mwzx0tA5Ys1rp2chco1_500.gif
prince is a mean little shit. :p

1st album had 7 new ones, this has 6.

Want Fany love? Make sure the dog likes you.

Great, so their Girls and Peace "world tour" started and ended in Asia. smfh SM

This is a different tour, Japanese tour, they may continue with the World Tour on other countries...

Anyway, looking at the date, and exlcuding a comeback 1,5 years after IGAB, I suppose a korean comeback is likely to happen in the first trimester. I just hope not so late because after IGAB they rushed to the 2nd Japanese Tour and not enough promotions time :)

Isn't T-ara using/recycling the I Got A Boy MV scenario?

No No Eul

Oh, i'd already started on a EOY kpop voting thing.

But there's a few releases to go so wasn't posting it till mid December or so.

Excellent. Looking forward to it.

You should definitely do it. So good before.

Looks like I'm off the hook. :p

ya'll knew it was coming but DSP confirmed nicole's departure

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=2981128

Have any other news outlets verified this yet? I've certainly seen some other reports but they all appear to cite that one source.

Jia said:

Top Bottom