• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

The MV teaser for pre-release track 'Fxxk U' will be up at noon.
19+ rating

Bes7S9MCEAECWNQ.jpg

Get ready.

ramyeon

Girl's Day and AOA both tried different concepts and struck gold with the sexy ones.
LOL AoA certainly did not strike gold. They're still practically unknowns. Girl's Day I can see riding the wave a little longer but if they don't do something different people will begin to realise they're one trick ponies.

There's nothing inherently wrong with sexy concepts. But kpop is so saturated with them and groups trying to look and sound the same that it's fucking ridiculous.

After listening to kpop since the early 2000s this is probably the most boring period I've witnessed.

LOL AoA certainly did not strike gold. They're still practically unknowns. Girl's Day I can see riding the wave a little longer but if they don't do something different people will begin to realise they're one trick ponies.

There's nothing inherently wrong with sexy concepts. But kpop is so saturated with them and groups trying to look and sound the same that it's fucking ridiculous.

After listening to kpop since the early 2000s this is probably the most boring period I've witnessed.

I feel like these groups are trying to outsexy eachother if that makes sense.
It's getting really repetitive.

luso

After Bloom... Boom.

Actually I watched that episode today, the 3rd. So far is a nice and light drama, and we forget she is the SNSD Yoona. I guess the part fits better than some of the previous ones.
I rarely see a drama nowadays, so I'm no expert as critic but overall I'm enjoying.

Too bad, Alt.
tumblr_mp8kxnT0vA1sxmk7qo1_500.gif

giri

You're delusional if you think their first few concepts are similar to their current ones.

They did try to sell them as a female CN Blue at first, then they realised it doesn't work when half the band can't even pretend to play an instrument properly.

So they created that sub group of people who can and then gave them an equally shitty pop song to perform, while resorting to sexying the main group up as much as they can to try and get people to pay attention to them.

There was always going to be subgroups. That was the plan the whole time. Hence why there's 8 members but only 7 in AoA full.

But i'm sure the girls falling from the sky wearing angel wings screams CN Blue.

ramyeon

There was always going to be subgroups. That was the plan the whole time. Hence why there's 8 members but only 7 in AoA full.

But i'm sure the girls falling from the sky wearing angel wings screams CN Blue.
You know that's a moot point, don't even know why you'd bother to throw it out there.

If you are to take AOA as two groups combined as one then the point still stands. The 5 "band" members of AOA are marketed as a female idol band group by having them appear with instruments in music videos and live stages, but there's been nothing done to utilise or take advantage of any skills they may have.

They could have done something interesting with the group but instead they're having them do half-baked copycat concepts like Miniskirt.

Actually Peru's right, they're not really a female CN Blue because at least CN Blue employs the concept full-time
even if their music is insufferable.

giri

You know that's a moot point, don't even know why you'd bother to throw it out there.

If you are to take AOA as two groups combined as one then the point still stands. The 5 "band" members of AOA are marketed as a female idol band group by having them appear with instruments in music videos and live stages, but there's been nothing done to utilise or take advantage of any skills they may have.

They could have done something interesting with the group but instead they're having them do half-baked copycat concepts like Miniskirt.

Actually Peru's right, they're not really a female CN Blue because at least CN Blue employs the concept full-time.

Because the discussion you started is about their image.

AoA was always going to be a dance pop-ish idol group.

AoA black was always going to be the band sub group.

It's why there are different members, they were always going to have different marketing for both groups.

Hell, AoA White are meant to debut this year too, and that group, i have NFI what their image is going to be. Supposedly Chanmi and Hye jong can sing. And supposedly they were going to go for a more innocent image. But nfi.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hell, AoA White are meant to debut this year too, and that group, i have NFI what their image is going to be. Supposedly Chanmi and Hye jong can sing.
I told yall Hyejeong and Chanmi are the best.

And supposedly they were going to go for a more innocent image. But nfi.
Good luck with that after the Miniskirt performances have been stored in my mind.

giri

Good luck with that after the Miniskirt performances have been stored in my mind.

Neither, but i don't want to see them go Rainbow - Blaxx either. Not sure that's their thing. I can almost see them going more N4 at this point. Pure EDM.

Y'all wanna see seolhyun in da club.

Also, be careful Dice, Chanmi is 17.

Pendulum

Decent debut.

I've been playing the hell out of Gary's mini album this previous week and a bit.

------

Edit:
Music Bank asked a number of girl groups to change outfits/choreo due to them "becoming embroiled in controversy".

A 'Music Bank' rep told Star News on January 24, "Starting with the live broadcast of 'Music Bank' on the 24th, Rainbow BLAXX, Dal Shabet, AOA, Girl's Day, and more will perform on stage with a modified version of their mature choreography and stage outfits."

"These girl groups are becoming embroiled in controversy for the sexual nature of their stage outfits and choreography. According to the requests of the KBS viewers, we have decided to minimize the sexuality of the girl groups... Through the pre-recording, the choreography and outfits are being modified. The 'split-leg dance' and 'groping' choreography will be modified and then aired... The unmodified parts during the live broadcast will not appear on camera and will instead give a close-up of the artists' faces."

kimgura.jpeg

Eldren

Where's llehuty these days? Haven't seen him in a while. It's the 1st anniversary of Sungah's debut in Nine Muses! Perfect excuse for a mini-mega-post!

안녕하새요 kpopgaf!

Also, f*ck Seunggi.

Surely Yoona's already doing that though

iMwVP20as8q1M.gif

Kiss & Cry - Domino Game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCC4XQj4aUc

never heard of them but i like it

I saw this on twitter earlier and I've not heard of them either, but this is pretty good! I like the instrumentation in the chorus, it reminds me of something...I want to say like Latin-inspired, maybe? I like it.

Pink-haired lady is slaying me.

imnana

Neo Member

Been waiting for them to debut for a while, one of the members (Dia) is the soloist Dia.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1A6rLKTm5M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTyI-4cCoi0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFR-Drr3vE

The other members (except Haena) were in groups before.

In case anyone's interested, I translated their profiles, though I'm not perfect at Korean so there may be small mistakes.
Dia:
noHaXV0.jpg

Born: 12th of June 1992
Vocal
163cm
Specialty: Singing, Dancing, Lyrics/music, Design
Hobbies: Painting, Diet....
매력 포인트 (not sure how to translate that properly) Charm? idk: hips/butt & eyelashes

Bohye:
nfju1Mn.jpg

Born: 19th of Jan 1990
Leader
165cm
Specialty: Singing, Dancing & English
Hobbies: Reading, Gaming
매력포인트: Smile, Honesty/Bluntness
Twitter: KissAndCry_B
Used to be part of girl group Bella.

Haena:
XUL4Vjn.jpg