• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Selane

In any event, even if they add a couple new members, I'm not really concerned. They've done that a few times before and we got god-tier people like Hyuna, Kyungri, and Sungah added to the group.

I'd be more concerned about what these new Kara members end up being like...can't say I have faith in DSP to do anything right.

Pendulum

I'd be more concerned about what these new Kara members end up being like...can't say I have faith in DSP to do anything right.

Speaking of which.
With two members having left or getting ready to leave, DSP Media is rumored to be looking for two new members to continue on a 5-member KARA.

According to one report, the media outlet claims that they've heard from a high ranking employee of the agency, "For the first half of the year, members like Seungyeon and Gyuri will be focusing on acting and other such individual activities, and afterwards, in the latter half of the year, 2 members will be brought in to reorganize the team to release a new song and make a comeback."

It's speculated that the agency is currently looking into starting off a project that will allow some of the trainees they already house to take the two empty spots left in the group.

The source commented, "Rather than it being a process where the company simply chooses the members among the trainees, it'll be a method that will allow fans and the KARA members to give their input."

However with the surfacing of the report, the agency quickly put out the statement that nothing has been confirmed.

One rep stated, "We're currently leaving a wide variety of options open regarding KARA... As there is a risk associated with all this, we're putting a lot of thought into it.... Although we are thankful for the interest in KARA, please just wait a bit longer as you watch over them."

Another rep commented, "We're currently debating between recruiting new members and continuing as just 3 members... However, for the first half of this year, Hara, Gyuri, and Seungyeon will be focusing on individual activities."

One rep also flat out denied the recruiting of new members, saying, "There is nothing specific that has been discussed, it's not true we are recruiting new members... KARA is currently setting their sights on a comeback in the latter half of the year, but there has nothing been decided on a specific time period."

------

Edit:
Star Empire statement:
”Ahead of the Lunar New Year holiday, Lee Sem (real name: Lee Hyun Joo) and Eunji (real name: Park Eun Ji) have decided to graduate from the group Nine Muses, which they’ve been a part of for the past four years… Out of respect for their wishes to focus on their individual activities in various aspects, we decided for the graduation of Nine Muses’ members Lee Sem and Eunji… The two of them will continue under the same agency even after their graduation.”

"We think it is our agency’s duty to respect the individual wishes of the Nine Muses members who have been with us for a long time since their trainee days… You’ll be able to see Eunji and Lee Sem active in a variety of fields like variety shows and as MCs… Nine Muses will continue as seven members and will discuss the specifics of their activities afterwards."

"So although the two members will no longer be under the name of Nine Muses, fans can expect to see them remain close with the members as they will stay on with the agency for individual activities. We wish Lee Sem and Eunji the best of luck with their individual activities!"
last9m2.jpg

jbueno

My girlfriend is actually pretty big on Korean bands, but I really haven´t properly listened to any. I took her to a CN Blue concert two days ago and I must admit I had fun, though I don´t really see me listening to them regularly. That is all.

ramyeon

Well she actually really likes them, and she seemed to have a good time, so more power to her. Not my thing really, but it was a nice different experience for me.
Haha yeah I'm just messing. I have a thing with CN Blue.

I walked out of a TV recording once because they were the last band playing live and I can't stand them :p

jbueno

Haha yeah I'm just messing. I have a thing with CN Blue.

I walked out of a TV recording once because they were the last band playing live and I can't stand them :p

On the bright side scrolling though this this thread I found it a bit interesting, so I might give a listen to some bands. Care to recommend any?

ramyeon

On the bright side scrolling though this this thread I found it a bit interesting, so I might give a listen to some bands. Care to recommend any?
I'm more Korean indie inclined these days, I'm sure others can recommend some good recent pop stuff but probably my favourites at the moment are

3rd Line Butterfly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0eDkx50DM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk6Wy-QtegM (Not the best recording of this song but I couldn't find the studio version on Youtube).

Neon Bunny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTDg589-kfs (I'm in the audience here funnily enough lol just listen to everything by her, she's fantastic)

Yukari:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9c4qXlUjTI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIUcaHkE60Q

Should Have Brought a Camera to My Dream (Kumca):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JfuEZQaqEE

Fromm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHHhym_KuY8

That's a decent (Albeit small) starting point as far as my taste goes anyway haha. I'd post some more if I had the time, but I'm heading out soon. If you like the above let me know and I'll put together something a bit more extensive.

Pendulum

Just wondering if you've had a listen to any of the tracks from the OP? Or are you looking for stuff like CNBlue? If you let us know what kind of stuff you like, we can point out more things you might enjoy. Shout if you want Korean indie or hip hop recommendations too, as a few of us are into those kinda things as well.

dokish

Banned
Second half of my korean studies.
Im so glad i basically grew up as billingual.

I swear sometimes I wanna rip apart and piss on my books and say fuck this shit.

Almost burst laughing when the teacher played the audio file and I couldnt understand shit.

Everything is spoken in native speed now.

Shit just got real. ( ノ` 皿´)ノ

Cant wait for level 3.

luso

And so the reason why Eunji and Lee Sem weren't performing the past week or so comes to light. For those that haven't read about it:

"Graduating". So there will probably be a build up over the next year or two towards replacement members. Though, by the time that happens, we might find more of them graduating - the members are, on average, 25 right now.

I wonder if Eunji's reasoning is partly health-wise. She's been ill on and off for a while.

Well, good luck to them both.

7Muses hwaiting.

Yes, "graduating", KKS Style.

Pendulum

Yes, "graduating", KKS Style.

uFsUm6o.gif

Don't do that to me :(

(It's all terminology anyway. It's not like the previous AS members that left a group with a "graduation system" have gone on to do anything different from most idols that have left or quit any other group. In the end, it's "leaving". I just hope I can trust Star Empire to keep away from 14-year olds if they are going to add members)

Edit:
Eunji and Lee Sem wrote letters. Translations:
Eunji said:
Hello? This is Park Eunji.
The weather has become colder.
It's a bitter winter in december that fill the emptiness in heart and mind.
I will tell you something that might can make all of you turn even more bitter.

From 2010/08/12 until now.. I only look forward as a Nine Muses (member).
Started with 9 members.. turn into 7 members.. and then 8 members.. and back to 9 members (formation again). We slowly jump over those obtacles, made a new experience, and strengthen the skills and I've grow bond with Nine Muses members.. but now I'm going to wrap up the 4 years of meeting with MINEs.

Now, after being one of 9, I'm going back to my personal life as one person who going take responsibility and handle everything by myself just like I were, before those 4 years.

An eventful, and a memorable Nine Muses.
I always said "Let's always be together!" to the members.. now I deeply apologetic to not being able to be together until the end.

I'm happy I could stand on the stage for 4 years,
I've become strong because 8 friends,
and thanks to MINEs, I feel warmth.

I hope we can comfort each other..
I'm writing this letter, when the white snow is falling down, and warming up the world.
Actually, when I have to write first sentence of a letter, when I run to open a door, and when I have to say my name during phone call, I used to say/write <Nine Muses' Eunji>.
My tears are ready to well up in my eyes as I'm writing this letter but however I'm not regretting my decision.

First off, I want to open my eyes and ears to explore the world by watching a movie, read a book, and leave for a trip.. I want to spend 'my own' time. After that, I'm planning to do something and have a new start.
I still have a lot to know, try and study.

To those people who read this letter, please understand my decision, and please support whatever I'm going to do in the future,
And I hope a lot of people can continue to give a lot of love and cherish Nine Muses until the end.

Thanks to those who have been supporting and giving love to Nine Muses' Eunji until now.

Lee Sem said:
Hello everyone^^ This is Lee Sem.
This year, 2013 has come to an end. Did you spent the year-end well?
I'm writing this letter on christmas night.
The day that people spend it joyfully. And I'm just staying quietly in my room.
I'm trying to write a letter with a sincere heart.

Sunday, not too long ago.
Nine Muses had a fanmeeting after Glue goodbye stage.
Actually, on that day i feel restless.
It was actually the last fanmeeting where I stood as Nine Muses' member. So, I was trying my best to look at every fans in front of me, and I was hoping my eyes can catch every one of you.

Everyone..
I officially end my activity as Nine Muses member at an event in Singapore on 2013/12/30~2014/1/2.
It's very regretful, and this parting is very saddening. But,
From now on, not as Nine Muses' Lee Sem, but I will pursue my life as Lee Hyunjoo.
And I'm trying to bear this wistfullness and sadness.

Although fans' face who regretting this as much as I am now; keep swimming in my head.
I personally think about this carefully for a long time.
It's a conclusion that came after consultating with agency.
And we think positively about this.

I'm going to keep all the precious days we spent and memories we made during my activity as Nine Muses member for 4 years.
Of course, there were a lot of tough things happened, I will also keep all of it.
There will be time when I cry because I recall all the joyful moment, happy moment, thankful moment, sad moment.
Thanks for being together with me at those moments.

Nine Muses friends and dongsaengs who are just like a family to me..
Please keep supporting and giving them love just like how you do now.
Wherever am I, I will always support Nine Muses and our Mines.
Thank you very much. To me, all of you are my everything.
And I will never forget you. A sincere that I receive from all of you.. the proofs of all that sincereness..
It will be a great strength for me to live the upcoming days and I will be a strut.

Although I can't promise when,
I believe we can re-unite through my personal activity.
At that time,
I promise I will meet you all with broaden heart and mind.
Let's overcome wistfullness we feel now.

Then, I will end this letter.
I love you all so much.
I hope every one of you know how much you mean to me.

-Lee Sem who love you more than anyone does-

dokish

Banned
I don't follow 9m but... isn't this weird? The group is in its peak, why in hell would 2 members decide to follow solo careers? The strange thing is, to continue in the same company... So perhaps a new secret project? But I don't think they are talented enough to pull it off.

9m neve leaked anything bad (right?), so this is pretty surprising I think...

Oh well.

It's not that surprising.

Lee Sem and Erin both took breaks from the group (Erin had actually left Nine Muses to try and break the Japanese entertainment industry but returned when it failed) and Eunji was the one in the documentary who considered Nine Muses as a launchpad for her solo career.

LowerLevel

Now I feel a weird mix of emotions between happiness and despair... I wish them both the best! Truly wondering what this means for my favorite K-Pop group.

Eldren

7Muses

ihT7pWubJx8Bm.gif

Kinda bummed, to be honest. It was nice having the number of members matching the name (that's a petty reason, I know), and I really really liked Prima Donna and Glue. But if they want to strike out on their own, more power to them. I hope they find what they're looking for.

Interested to see what happens next. I like the current line-up but my three favourite members (1. Hyuna, 2. Sungah, 3. Kyungri) were all added after the debut, so maybe replacements could work out well. Or maybe they'll redistribute lines among the other 7 members and tweak the choreography as necessary. Maybe Sungah will get something to sing in News and Ticket!

Regardless, I'll stick around to support the remaining members. #BuyGlueOnITunes

Why couldn't Kyungrat leave instead of Sam, my heart is breaking.

iEaEto69aLHQB.gif

-----

In happier news, Hyoyeon went skiing with her rich boyfriend. and then posted a video of her falling over, with Gee as the soundtrack. Love this woman.

giri

uFsUm6o.gif

Don't do that to me :(

(It's all terminology anyway. It's not like the previous AS members that left a group with a "graduation system" have gone on to do anything different from most idols that have left or quit any other group. In the end, it's "leaving". I just hope I can trust Star Empire to keep away from 14-year olds if they are going to add members)

not true at all.

a lot of idols who leave their groups, also leave the agency. Usually related.

Graduating usually infers that they're staying with the same agency.

Eunji-less Muses is gonna be weird. She's not one of my faves, but she's cool from what I've been following so I'm kinda disappointed about that.

I don't care much for dead pixel girl though, but of course it's still disappointing that she left when 9M was finally getting some traction. Sudden member changes like these don't usually mean good for the rest of the group.

Also, the hate for CNBLUE is lol. I don't necessarily like them but I can give props to the fact that they're one of the few K-Pop bands who can actually play their instruments. Everyone in the band but Yongwha can actually do shit with their instruments.

Pendulum

Oh netizens.
1. [+327, -28] See, look how pretty they are in hanbok. Now stop stripping.

2. [+175, -13] An idol should try a hanbok concept... I think it'd work out.

3. [+124, -12] So pretty, hanboks are just so pretty. If an idol group came out with this concept, I'd give them my full support. Please stop dressing like karaoke service girls.

4. [+7, -2] Let's be real. When Girl's Day had a cutie image, their songs were always ranked around 20th.. but after switching to sexy, look at them take 1st place. SISTAR also used to be an energetic, bright group but after they pushed their sexy image, they're one of the best girl groups now. People always complain and ask groups to dress up more and stop stripping but I bet they're the same ones drooling at the sexy concepts at home. Be honest with yourselves. We like sexy concepts. The agencies know that, the idols know that. Th emore they strip, the more their digital rankings go up. This is not their problem but a reflection of our problems with the songs we chooes to listen to and download.

5. [+6, -3] Their hanboks are really pure and pretty. I like seeing them in girly looks like this.

Number 4 is Heechul.

-----
Edit:
I don't care much for dead pixel girl though, but of course it's still disappointing that she left when 9M was finally getting some traction.
? I believe you're thinking of Sungah.

dokish

Banned
4 days of rain during this Holiday, can't exercise outside. :(

Will just get fat at a coffee shop, stuffing my face with &#46497;.

ramyeon

Also, the hate for CNBLUE is lol. I don't necessarily like them but I can give props to the fact that they're one of the few K-Pop bands who can actually play their instruments. Everyone in the band but Yongwha can actually do shit with their instruments.
They still make shit music. It's all so unremarkable, generic and boring.
Oh netizens.
A hanbok concept could be done well though, what's wrong with that? For example a group that did traditional fusion music with maybe modernised hanbok would at the very least be something new and interesting.

? I believe you're thinking of Sungah.

Nope Lee sem or whatever her name is... she had a mole or whatever in the Gun MV and I thought it was a dead pixel on my monitor haha.

They still make shit music. It's all so unremarkable, generic and boring.

Oh yeah, I can't disagree with that. I liken them to Maroon 5 before they went all poppy and shit with that Payphone song. Wasted talent on shit music.

giri

A hanbok concept could be done well though, what's wrong with that? For example a group that did traditional fusion music with maybe modernised hanbok would at the very least be something new and interesting.

I'd watch Mini Skirt if it was done in Hanboks.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Holy shit! Jaekyung just got a total bullseye in archery. It broke the camera they had there.

Sohyun/Bora champion match is gonna be good.

Edit: And it was good.

luso

Everything is so calm after the start of the year burst.

Nicole said:
2014.01.30 brrrr it's cold~Hello ! haha
awhile ago i went out with lots of confidence, however i got lost on the way, and somehow because of the cold my phone suddenly died, got panic, finally i got back at home. in the end i bought body wash and water but it took around 1.5 hours? in all it took 2 hours &#12636;&#12636; sigh even then i slowly got to know the surroundings a little bit! haha it's just my face got all red . . . keke
it's new year right? haha everyone happy new year ! eat a warm tteokguk, have a nice time with family ! haha sounds delicious, tteokguk &#12640; kkya !! together with kimchi.. hahaargh i want to eat it too .. &#12636;
actually i'm still enjoying a short vacation ! the lessons will be starting soon ! haha i eat really a lot. kinda makes me worried ? hahaeverytime i see a new food or new desserts 'bbyong' i just fly away . ...

i shouldn't be like this though..
euaaaargh &#12636;&#12640;
i should control it.. i should work hard . .
i think it's dawn in korea right now.. everyone is sleeping right? keke sweet dreams everyone !i will meet you inside your dreams too.
puhahahahahahahahahahaha
aw *shriveling shriveling* (got embarrassed)
i will come again soon ~~ ^^

According to a source from Korean entertainment, the first generation idol group, G.O.D including Park Joon Hyung, Danny Ahn, Son Ho Young, Yoon Gye Sang, and Kim Tae Woo have been talking about their reunion and planning to comeback since last year.

G.O.D’s last album is in 2005 named ‘To The Sky.’ Some friends of G.O.D said, “They have finished recording one track. A full-length album should contain at least 10 songs, so they are working hard to complete the rest by April. But the comeback date is still uncertain.”

“G.O.D is planning to meet fans mainly through concerts, rather than TV appearance. The members had decided to get together to celebrate their 15th debut anniversary. They are so passionate and excited about the album.” He said.

Making debut in 1999, G.O.D released many hit songs such as ‘To Mother,’ ‘One Candlelight.’ ‘Love You and Remember,’ and ‘Sky Blue Balloon,’ becoming one of the biggest, most beloved group in Korea.

isuzu

Exo SnoreTime ep 10 highlights!

the normal people
V4wt7rb.gif

the high people plus Luhan on crack
RwoobQn.gif

I have no idea what Baek is doing
fWHxodC.gif

Bowling segment!

It was boring as fuck and the only good part was Kris angry clapping
ZlZHE0W.gif

mho4cE7.gif

"I'm gonna stick that ball up your ass" - Wu Yifan

The winning team was
OBVIOUSLY NOT THE KRIS TEAM
also Chanyeol is terrible at this game
BUT HIS TEAM WON SINCE KRIS IS FUCKING INEPT

Haunted House segment!

First they did a sled game thing were only 3 of them could grab flags and the winners were able to pick their partner for the Haunted House tour. Chanyeol, Chen and D.O. won the game and Chanyeol picked Kai, but they are so boring the PDs didn't show them. D.O. picked Luhan because D.O. is evil and wants to destroy Luhan's delusional manly man image. Chen, who is actually the true manly member of Exo gave his flag to Tao because everyone knows Tao is actually 3 years old and wouldn't be able to handle THE HORROR by himself. Tao picked Suho but JK he actually wanted Sehun (they gay) and Suho got mad.

First one to go was my chinese giant husband who went in alone and proceeded to scream and get scared like the stupid person he is. Second was the Kyungsoo/Luhan combo and D.O. not only picked Luhan but left him alone when shit got real.
jWKmX7C.gif
NMhqVmG.gif

Chen telling truths.
Tao/Sehun saw some shit there and probably had gay sex in the dark.
yJUBOB0.gif
U9bwGXg.gif

Tao is scarred for life.
Chen and Baek went alone. Baek almost peed his pants and Chen gave the ghosts some hotpacks because he's very thoughtful and considerate of others.
zBOKeoD.gif

Bravest Exo member who is friend of ghosts and satan.
Lay was most likely sleeping and thinking of Baek's grandmother. Suho... no one cares about him.

and then there was Xiumin

5hupNAv.gif
vED08xF.gif

I2uNPKC.gif
RIOzO17.gif

"Fuck your kiddy scary house bullshit, I'm having none of that" - Kim Minseok

They also bought shoes for each other (ofc Luhan bough Xiumin's, ofc) and that was it. They didn't eat!!!! For the first time!!!! It was a pretty good ep... for a Showtime ep. The last one was still better for me because I got to see Kris getting beaten.

Next Episode:
jc4mie7.gif

Luhan gets denied! Is this the end of XiuHan? I sure hope so! I want to stop reading so many awful fanfics! This is a cry for help!

Top Bottom