• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Type in Rose Motel on YouTube with a unrestricted(no age gate) account... not what I was looking for but I'll take it haha. Anyway, their EP from November is soo good. Song of Youth and Chicken of Evil are my faves from it. It's so folksy yet upbeat with an anthem feel going on, it's reminding me a lot of 90's "light rock" if you will.

Oh btw, Soshi comeback might be pretty soon. Friend said there's rumors going around that some of Soshi will be guests on Running Man pretty soon. Dunno who and dunno when but it makes sense if you think about it. A lot of the other rumors point out that their coming back around March, and the rumors about their RM appearance just came out pretty recent. Too much of a coincidence lol.

Pendulum

Speaking of SNSD rumors, I've read that the delay is due to the teasers not being approved by SM, and some re-shooting was needed. Grain of salt and all that.

luso

I read that also, a re-shoot may be possibility but not the reason of a delay. Besides that, how can be a delay if there wasn't a (announced) comeback date in the first place?

i7aPs4Pa8V1JZ.png

ivx9864sOz0cy.jpg

Edit:
Some pics release from BTS:

Pendulum

I read that also, a re-shoot may be possibility but not the reason of a delay. Besides that, how can be a delay if there wasn't a (announced) comeback date in the first place?

I'm assuming internal delay. Not announcing a date doesn't mean they don't have their own internal deadlines.

luso

Re-shooting some scenes would delay a couple of days, meaning maybe a week considering the timing. I'm sure other factors are more important than some teasers scenes, even if this rumor is true at all.

B.A.P's 1004 (Angel) is the best boyband song ive heard in quite a while. It's sounds nothing like their previous songs though.

New Crayon Pop dolls being released next week:
Ygxya90.jpg

isuzu

EXO's Showtime' - EXO, Telepathy Game... The members who's mind matched the most?"

"EXO members each have a superpower concept like teleporting, freezing, and flight, played a game of telepathy.

In the upcoming episode of MBC Everyone’s ‘Q&A Variety - EXO’s Showtime’, to be broadcast on the 6th, EXO members, who always shout We are one!’ wherever they go, put their superpowers the test by assessing whether they were truly ‘one’ through a game of telepathy.

EXO members were each locked in isolated rooms and recieved a very difficult telepathy mission which involved the members being required to provide identical answers, in order for them to escape. After being told about the game, they were full of confidence and said, ‘Let’s finish it in just three goes’ and ‘We are one!’

But unlike their expectations, they ran into problems from the very beginning. They all showed different actions even for the mission, ‘Shout EXO’s Showtime logo’. The once confident members slowly started complaining, ‘I think we’ll be here overnight’ and ‘We all have different thoughts even though we all live under the sane roof’, as the missions went on.

Amidst the despair, however, Xiumin and Luhan’s telepathy worked perfectly for every word they said and action they showed, surprising the staff at the scene.

EXO’s pleading telepathy towards their members in other rooms and their surprising telepathy abilities will be broadcast on Thursday 6th at 6PM, on MBC Everyone ‘Q&A Variety-EXO’s Showtime’.”
Source
Translation

3PBDpdK.gif

Pendulum

Dang I missed it, videos got removed.. :( Any alternate links?

Did a quick search for Nana and Kaeun in English/Korean/Japanese and didn't seem to be anything on YouTube (unless they are there and someone has decided to be less blatant with the title). I'll keep an eye out.

pikpok

Neo Member
Did a quick search for Nana and Kaeun in English/Korean/Japanese and didn't seem to be anything on YouTube (unless they are there and someone has decided to be less blatant with the title). I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks guys!

By the way, I just finished watching episode 182 of RM and realised that I haven't seen Dong Wan FD cameoing as a character in a while, does anybody know what happened to him? Did he leave the show?

tumblr_mq1weuu2jq1ri2govo2_500.gif

Pendulum

By the way, I just finished watching episode 182 of RM and realised that I haven't seen Dong Wan FD cameoing as a character in a while, does anybody know what happened to him? Did he leave the show?

He's still there. Here he is in episode 178, at the end of last year.
2iZkrKS.png

Speaking of Running Man (183) -
would have loved to have seen the PDs faces regarding that train

TheChits

He's still there. Here he is in episode 178, at the end of last year.
Speaking of Running Man (183) -
would have loved to have seen the PDs faces regarding that train

Regarding that spoiler,
I agree haha. That must have been really frustrating

Eldren

Speaking of SNSD rumors, I've read that the delay is due to the teasers not being approved by SM, and some re-shooting was needed. Grain of salt and all that.

Yep, I saw this rumour too. We got the teaser back in December during Marchen Fantasy so maybe someone had a new idea in the meantime (although I liked the look of the teaser.) Or maybe someone got a haircut or something. Who even knows with SM.

I've also seen a few pretty reliable sources (for example (source), another example) saying it's a mini instead of a full album and the MV re-shoot is the reason for the delay.

Also SM The Ballad is apparently a thing. Taeyeon, Jonghyun, Chen, Krystal and Yesung. Isn't Luna the main vocalist in f(x)? Either way, I don't care for ballads, but thought this might interest some people here.

-----

pikpok

Neo Member
At least we get two marriages out of it.

Haha. That model from the cooking special who was head over heels in love with Jongkook must have been heartbroken when the fortune teller told him to look for someone with huge eyes.

Pendulum

Haha. That model from the cooking special who was head over heels in love with Jongkook must have been heartbroken when the fortune teller told him to look for someone with huge eyes.

Eunhye has large eyes (and has been "chubby", which was the other criteria). Please come to Running Man

dokish

Banned
Met one dude in his middle 30s. He is a big fan of girl groups and told me about all the posters and exclusive stuff he has. Signed CDs and all. He told if from now on I need anything, specially ticket concerts, I can ask him, since he is a gold member (or something) of Gmarket, which means that every ticket before being accessible to the the general public, is available for those with vip accounts before. That's why shit sold out instantly.

Can't wait for the next big concert.

giri

:

Even SNSD members were saying the combeack was in December.

So...... yeah, there's been delays.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I was walking home from work in the bitter cold... and filled with joy because I was listening to Jasmine. Girl sings to my soul in a way only Hikki had before. So good.

Sevarus

Even SNSD members were saying the combeack was in December.

So...... yeah, there's been delays.

Sounds like it might be because Taeyeon is going to promote with SM: The Ballad/whatever her OST is and SM still hasn't figured out how to make her be in two places at once.

giri

Sounds like it might be because Taeyeon is going to promote with SM: The Ballad/whatever her OST is and SM still hasn't figured out how to make her be in two places at once.

This is 3 months later... doubt it played any part of the decision.

It's more likely they're trying to decide whether to bother with the facade that Yoona is a member of SNSD anymore or to just move on.

Pendulum

OMG this food lovers anthem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnCAj6ssJj8

Rookies of 2014

tumblr_meqwsuqlk31qa4uc1o1_500.gif

Ahhh, this song is so good.

nyam nyamnyamnyamnyamnyamnyam

------

Gain "Truth or Dare" teaser - behind the scenes and short interviews ("talking bad" about Gain) with BEG, IU, Jo Kwon, etc.

------

Those fine journalists at Sports Chosun have put their "2014 girl group ranking" together. I bet you were waiting all January for it.
tumblr_n0gd7j3xl61qkljdfo1_500.jpg

1st tier - SNSD, SISTAR, 2NE1
2nd tier - f(x), Girl's Day
3rd tier - Miss A, 4Minute, Secret, A Pink
4th tier - Brown Eyed Girls, After School, Dal Shabet, Crayon Pop, Nine Muses, KARA
5th tier - Hello Venus, Rainbow, AOA, Ladies' Code, T-ara, Wonder Girls
6th tier - BESTie

------

Edit:
Is there a quality source for KPop lyric translations?
Realised that no one has replied to this. I don't know, sorry.

------

Edit 2:
Kyungri and Minha walking the catwalk to a live performance from MFBTY for Bora's team on Fashion King.

Eldren

Pendulum, thanks for the Nine Muses SuKiRa subs. About to watch!

In unrelated news, Sunny is getting 2 new photobooks soon. Chewing and Helianthus are both great fansites and between them they have some fantastic photos. Hope they sell well.

That Yum Yum Yum song is ridiculous and yet I can't stop listening to it. It's so catchy.

dokish

Banned
I've played Yum Yum Yum so many times today.

That Yum Yum Yum song is ridiculous and yet I can't stop listening to it. It's so catchy.
Thought I was the only one. I'm losing my mind over this. Plus the vocal with bangs is pretty hot. Excited to see her regular pictures.
Probably met on a photo sharing forum.
I won best member of January over there. They loved my "Caffe Bene Winter Collection".

neoism

7483233e8d9811e385a6126de65e1c1f_8.jpg

[ch0sshi trans] I’m overflowing with emotions, thinking of letting you listen to a new song for the first time in a while. ‘Breath’ that I sang together with Jonghyun. and my first solo song, that isn’t an OST, ‘Set me free’. please look forward to it. I’ll see you next week.
<3

luso

1st tier - SNSD, SISTAR, 2NE1
2nd tier - f(x), Girl's Day
3rd tier - Miss A, 4Minute, Secret, A Pink
4th tier - Brown Eyed Girls, After School, Dal Shabet, Crayon Pop, Nine Muses, KARA
5th tier - Hello Venus, Rainbow, AOA, Ladies' Code, T-ara, Wonder Girls
6th tier - BESTie

why didn't 2ne1 fall 2-3 spaces lol

With those groups, for 6 tiers and by order, should be:

Top - SNSD,
1st tier - 2NE1, f(x),
2nd tier - SISTAR, A Pink, Girl's Day, KARA*
3rd tier - T-ara, 4Minute, Miss A, Crayon Pop
4th tier - Wonder Girls*, Brown Eyed Girls, After School, Secret, Dal Shabet, Nine Muses
5th tier - Rainbow, AOA, Ladies' Code
6th tier - Hello Venus, BESTie

*does not exists anymore, sort of, not sure where to put them.

Top Bottom