• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Kabuto

so teasers should be starting a week or two. kind of hypeddd

Edit:
Girl's Day still winning a month after Something was released. Well done to them.
iqgDE1h5NxNeG.gif

Stealth Edit: They also got no. 1 on Gaon Digital Charts for the month of January.

-----

In the meantime, here's the performance from M Countdown.

yayyy

Since when is GAF excited about SNSD come back? Almost everyone here still trashes igab

Dok spitting some truth haha

Ym1r

IGAB was good once they cut taenys part.

Worst part was definitely the beginning rap. If that was cut the song would have been so much better. That part probably drove a lot of people away from the song.

At least in T-ara's Number Nine, I could listen to it until like 3 minutes in when Hyomin starts screaming I'm addict, but with soshi, I hate the beginning so much that it made it hard to even listen past the crappy rap to listen to the rest of the song, which happens to be decent.

Eldren

Excited for new Sunmi. 24 Hours was easily one of my favourite songs from last year so hopefully her new stuff is as good.

IGAB was good once they cut taenys part.

Yeah that bit kind of kills the flow for me. The song is all over the place as it is even without this part, but it still works. It didn't need yet another time signature change. I actually do still like I Got A Boy, and not just the single. The album has some great tracks on it. Baby Maybe, Romantic Street, Express 999, Look At Me, XYZ, Talk Talk, I still listen to all of those.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the comeback. If the promo starts the week after next, I have a week off work so I can try to watch all the live shows. I wonder if Sunny had these extensions in for the MV:

luso

First few seconds remind me of

b000114349cc55d9c1016.jpg

About teasers, this was the probably the first soshi teaser for a comeback I remember to see, not sure if I saw the one for Gee, but at this time this was hyped to the max
Genie

neoism

so guys OT question....wtf is up with all the grey names... damn.. I really haven't been lurking gaf as much as I normally do the past few weeks just the few threads I always post in but damn I've seen like 30 bant people today... what happened?

dokish

Banned
Oh, come the fuck on. A few months, maybe 2, we had like 4 pages of people discussing and bashing Igab.

And I like the song. I don't know why you guys are thinking otherwise.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I hated IGAB and still do and the only thing that gives me a shred of hope for anything SM is doing this year is that they released Pink Tape last year.

Selane

I think SM's current philosophy is that SNSD and EXO are for releasing rapid fire garbage to make money(since they have fanatical fanbases), and f(x) and SHINee are for releasing decent music.

magenta

Oh, come the fuck on. A few months, maybe 2, we had like 4 pages of people discussing and bashing Igab.

And I like the song. I don't know why you guys are thinking otherwise.

People disliking one bad song != people disliking the entire group.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I think SM's current philosophy is that SNSD and EXO are for releasing rapid fire garbage to make money(since they have fanatical fanbases), and f(x) and SHINee are for releasing decent music.
Then they are failing on the SHINee side of things.

dokish

Banned
News: one of my Indian friends, from Korean language school, who is also studying in Korean University (majoring there) is classmates with some tall dude from 2PM that I don't recall the name.

He said he's a lazy ass. They have to do a study together, he sends him kakaotalk messages and all, but the guy just says "do it and let me know". He barely shows up to class.

They sat in a coffee shop in Gangnam to discuss the project, but it was impossible because of fans. My friend got really pissed.

ramyeon

He said he's a lazy ass. They have to do a study together, he sends him kakaotalk messages and all, but the guy just says "do it and let me know". He barely shows up to class.

They sat in a coffee shop in Gangnam to discuss the project, but it was impossible because of fans. My friend got really pissed.
Are you really surprised by this though? Sounds like essentially every celebrity who goes to University. Of course they don't show up to class or take part in group projects since their schedules are loaded to begin with. They'd only be doing the absolute bare minimum to graduate, don't know if that's really a fair way to judge their character tbh.

giri

News: one of my Indian friends, from Korean language school, who is also studying in Korean University (majoring there) is classmates with some tall dude from 2PM that I don't recall the name.

I'd purposefully only do my half.

I did, several times, exactly that at university and handed in the assignment with copies of correspondence that wasn't replied to, and a log / breakdown of my time spent on the project.

They all failed the assignments.

Fuck carrying people.

isuzu

Have you even listened to XOXO? The only trash song in that album is Wolf and I usually hate most SM albums. MiD was pretty good as well for a christmas mini album. Of course this is all subjective but people praising Pink Tape to high heavens and Misconceptions of You/Me/Us while trashing XOXO seems weird to me. They all had good albums last year. Except for SNSD but that's a lost cause.

dokish

Banned
So only more 5 episodes of My Love from The Stars...

It had a good run. Every episode so far was pretty much flawless. It's a shame that will probably take a while until another good one comes along.

I saw some images of "Let's Eat", seems to be nice too, will check later.

Selane

Have you even listened to XOXO? The only trash song in that album is Wolf and I usually hate most SM albums. MiD was pretty good as well for a christmas mini album. Of course this is all subjective but people praising Pink Tape to high heavens and Misconceptions of You/Me/Us while trashing XOXO seems weird to me. They all had good albums last year. Except for SNSD but that's a lost cause.

No I didn't listen to it, when you release a shitbomb like Wolf as your lead single you probably shouldn't expect people to give you the benefit of the doubt and buy the whole album. Growl is pretty good, though. The whole album could be good for all I know, but that wasn't really my point. My point was they can release garbage for Exo and SNSD and it will still sell a hojillion copies.

Also for what it's worth I didn't really care about Pink Tape either. Then again, I can't remember the last time an album had more than a few songs on it that I liked. Thinking about it for a bit, the two I can think of(Breaking Heart and that original 5dolls album) are both from CCM, so lol I guess.

isuzu

No I didn't listen to it, when you release a shitbomb like Wolf as your lead single you probably shouldn't expect people to give you the benefit of the doubt and buy the whole album. Growl is pretty good, though. The whole album could be good for all I know, but that wasn't really my point. My point was they can release garbage for Exo and SNSD and it will still sell a hojillion copies.

Also for what it's worth I didn't really care about Pink Tape either. Then again, I can't remember the last time an album had more than a few songs on it that I liked. Thinking about it for a bit, the two I can think of(Breaking Heart and that original 5dolls album) are both from CCM, so lol I guess.

But the same can be said of Shinee, though. Or any SM group for that matter.

Ym1r

XOXO is a really enjoyable album, I agree Wolf is the only trash ass song, the rest are great.

Top Bottom