• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

2NE1 quick review...

Caveat... if it doesn't catch my attention in 1 minute then it's dead to me.

Crush: Vocals sounds like cats screeching at the top of their lungs, nice beat though. Nope.

Come Back Home: Boring. Lost my attention at about 30 seconds. Nope.

Gotta Be You: The verses with the half time is jammin' and I love how the chorus jumps into a dance beat. Aww yiss!

If I Were you: Nice beat, like the jazz beat. Maybe.

Good To You: Piano and vocals got my attention, pretty good. Yes.

MTBD: As a Texan, this appeals to my southern rap tendencies but eh... too soft. Nope.

Happy: Boring. I wanted to like it, but it just felt so flat. Nope.

Scream: Eh... the bridge is nice. Maybe.

Baby I Miss You: Oooooh, sounds jazzy. Like the beat and the chord changes, but those vocals. Christ, talk about flat. Maybe.

Overall: Boring album. Gotta Be You is the best song off here, Good To You is decent too, but it's nothing special. I'm just a sucker for ballads.

I'd honestly give Soshi the win for this "girl group album war." Mr.Mr. was indeed boring and almost cookie cutter, but Crush has 9 songs compared to technically 5 and all of those songs are at least listenable and you wouldn't skip it if they pop up. Meanwhile this, it's also boring and cookie cutter(especially for 2NE1) so eh. No winners here really.

imnana

Neo Member
Better quality
izfoY9PqlvxdE.jpg

Fafnir

2NE1 won.

Uggh, pains me to agree with this. 2NE1's album is banging. I think Soshi will still win the music shows because SONEs outnumber Blackjacks but musically the 2NE1 album is 100x better than the Soshi mini.

Feels like SM has realized that Soshi has plateaued and is now at the place where SuJu was 2-3 years back. SM is concentrating on their next moneymaker EXO and Soshi getting the scraps. It's like SM went dangerous with IGAB and instead of taking it to the next level they got scared and went so safe that they made a filler track the title song.

Queen Hyoyeon snatching that centre position #MainVisualHyoyeon #YoonaWho?

It's cool that Hyo is at the center, because ain't noone going to remember this album.
Wc9YV.gif

The primary difference for me in this SNSD/2NE1 comparo is my initial reactions were I actually wanted to re-play 'Crush,' whereas I felt that I should re-play 'Mr.Mr.' to get a better feel for it.

'Scream' sounds like background music, and I doubt I'll ever like 'Happy.' The rest is mostly solid and instantly more interesting to listen to than the Mr.Mr. EP. 'Good to You' is one of the tracks where their attempts to make the most of Dara's lack of singing ability works well.

Also, has Bom gotten progressively worse? I don't remember her being that bad in the past, and the rapper in your group should never have more enjoyable vocals than yours. Minzy is easily better than the rest, though that's hardly breaking news.

Let's Dance: SUNMI(선미) _ Full Moon(보름달) [ENG/JPN/CHN SUB]

2013 Road for Hope | 2013 희망로드 대장정 : Ep.4 with Jung Yunho(TVXQ) in Ghana (2014.02.08)

Park Ji Yoon's dull 'Beep' stages reinforce my desire for her to return to tracks like 'Afternoon,' or essentially anything from that album.

Hyosung's subdued styling has resulted in her looking her best of late, and single-handedly making up for the horror show which is post-op Hana. She's been missing from the thread, though...

this blasphemy against my oppars

http://i.imgur.com/alRExJx.gif
I thought Suho:Isuzu as Minah:Ashong. No? Eh... here, have some D-O.

2NE1 won.
I think many people here could agree that Wonder Girls' Wonder World won against SNSD's The Boys, yet sales told a different story. Doesn't affect my enjoyment of the music, just stating a different metric that people seem to believe is more important.

Still not posted?

Kookie:

에일리 보여줄께 [FANCAM] 140223 Ailee - I Will Show You @ Ulsan MBC Open Broadcast
140223 에일리 울산 신년음악회 직캠

Sevarus

Apparently the physical Mr. Mr. album is coming with stickers. One of them is this:

Bhcnp_GCEAA5uxk.jpg:large

If they perform in these outfits, my ovaries are going to explode, swear to god.

Kabuto

I just listened to Crush and, coming from someone that has only listened to a couple of 2NE1's songs before, it's a great album. Every song
except Happy
are going to be put into my playlists. Crush, MTBD, Scream, and Baby I Miss You are my personal favorites.

ramyeon

Listening to Crush again and this is some of the best stuff 2NE1 has put out for a very long time. Anyone who thinks SNSD's mini is better than this is delusional, it's such a lazy mini.

vanty

CRUSH crushing oh yea. Haven't listened to any of SNSD's songs since I only bother if preru says they're good but if the majority opinion in the Taeyeon fanboy thread prefers 2NE1 then SM must have released some real crap.

Jisook is in Italy just being a tourist I think.

Peru

"Gotta Be You" has gotta be one of the biggest tunes of 2014 when we look back at it a year from now.

·feist·;102429374 said:
Park Ji Yoon's dull 'Beep' stages reinforce my desire for her to return to tracks like 'Afternoon,' or essentially anything from that album.

Unfortunately, as much as I love her recent chart success hyped forth by the Mystic89 machine the music is not quite there, not what I love her for. Another Tree of Life album would be so sweet.

vanty

Girls Generation no matcH for Q oH yeaH

wHo else is on tHat list blurred out? I can see Beyonce of course and can tell it's Lorde at 10 but no idea wHat anytHing else is.

Peru

The brilliant new TVXQ single shows us how good Yoo Young-jin is at his best. He was very quiet through 2013 while Kenzie took over the reins in SM.

luso

tumblr_n1nllmsArB1qiglvro1_500.jpg

As Oniontaker said, this comeback is a mess. Seems to have no direction at the moment and they are releasing "teasers" in panic. Those clips seems more like some variety show ones than a comeback teaser.

roaSone

Okay, after a listening of 2NE1's album, I have to agree that musically speaking it's more accomplished.
But seriously, Bom's vocals got worse as time passed by, right ? How could she decrease so much.. Dara is so absent vocally, I can't hear her or guess when it's her singing and not the other ones..
Minzy really improved, and saved most of the songs, so hands up for her.
CL is CL, you like or not. In my case I can't bear her.

So to resume everything, they won musically but not vocally, and since I favor vocals more than instruments, Soshi won this "battle" for me.

Kabuto

"Baby I Miss You" is slowly becoming my favorite song of the album *_* it's so good and it's one of the songs where I can actually distinguish all the girls' voices.

catmincer

This SNSD comeback was a complete failure it seems like. That's a shame

A couple of the songs were good, I really liked Europa. I don't like SNSD Korean releases, they're always so boring to me. Whereas their Japanese releases are almost always flawless. First Japanese album and its repackage is probably my favourite Kpop album. There are no shit songs on it.

llehuty

A couple of the songs were good, I really liked Europa. I don't like SNSD Korean releases, they're always so boring to me. Whereas their Japanese releases are almost always flawless. First Japanese album and its repackage is probably my favourite Kpop album. There are no shit songs on it.

100% this. If SM gave SNSD the same quality material they give f(x)...

Peru

IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB

Sourcerer

IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB IGAB

That's true, at least it wasn't as bad as IGAB!

llehuty

I agree with that, I think someone said a year ago that it sounded like a f(x) release, and that's true. The album still has some stinkers though and too many ballads for my taste. It's still the exception, rather than the norm for their korean albums.

Eldren

Not really feeling the new BESTie track :\ Love Options was so good but this just isn't doing it for me. I still need to listen to the new 2NE1, seems like it's a pretty great album judging from opinions here.

These sticker sets are pretty cool. No substitute for proper photocards of course:

Soshi in suits, giving me The Boys era flashbacks. I loved that styling so I hope we get more like it.

OH YES THIS IS THE FACE HE'LL BE MAKING WHEN we play dota and I call mid or feed

Ayyyy
iXFmoSmT6rEsH.jpg

All the teasers are so fun. Yoona, Jess, Hyogre in the car is pretty funny.

icmvGolvi9Zjq.gif

The first JP album is the gold standard. Such a brilliant album.
Shame half of the members barely get to sing.

Top Bottom