• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Fafnir

Yoona teaser
Seunggi, this is for you.

Fixed.
Y4fCa.gif

Peru

Seriously though have I wandered into a western pop scene here, days and no MVs for EITHER of the big two girl group releases?

Eldren

Oh, it's not all that bad. It's no Love Options, but it's decent. Here's the M Countdown performance for those that haven't heard the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0udu9rxDSY

Uji's body, dammnn

I was listening to it on and off since I posted that last comment and it's definitely growing on me. I don't think the live performance is doing it any favours, I suspect I'll like it more in decent quality. I really like the verses, although the chorus is a little weaker. Still, I'm enjoying it more than I was earlier.

Seriously though have I wandered into a western pop scene here, days and no MVs for EITHER of the big two girl group releases?

What an absolute MESS from both parties. Hopefully the MVs and live perfs make up for the delays.

K1LLER7

The brilliant new TVXQ single shows us how good Yoo Young-jin is at his best. He was very quiet through 2013 while Kenzie took over the reins in SM.
yeah, prefer when he creates jazzy/RnB music for the artists. Think he's the best in that area.

llehuty

I think I saw something about Come Back Home being the first single and then Gotta Be You is after that. Don't think there was a third.

Come Back Home (both versions), Gotta Be You and Happy are all getting MVs apparently.

Yay!
tumblr_mxtqj1koCx1rs0joio1_250.gif

Edit: Forgot this

Edit 2: Girl's day at MBC picninc live parts 1 2 and 3
Edit 3: They perfromed Wonder Girl's
Thanks Dice
Fin.K.L's Now, Expectation, Adele's Someoon like you, Show you and Something. This thing should be a weekly thing. Based MBC (Except that guy doing the youtube edits).

At the risk of sounding hyperbolic, 'Love Options' was lightning in a bottle (for a song of that type). Fresh, fun, great choreo and a good song to back it up. It's better than anything on Mr.Mr. and can go up against the best tracks on Crush. Not an easy feat for a "rookie" group to follow up.

I could do with slightly less repetition, but 'Thank You Very Much' is straight. Good beat (mostly during the verses), and the song is really only let down by the hook. I'm struck by how much stronger BESTie is compared to EXID version 1.

For all of you that don't enjoy Scream, here is the superior m-flo remix of the japanese version. sogood.gif
Much better. Then again, it calls to mind Calvin Harris & Florence Welch's 'Sweet Nothing' which, to me, is a better song.

Unfortunately, as much as I love her recent chart success hyped forth by the Mystic89 machine the music is not quite there, not what I love her for. Another Tree of Life album would be so sweet.
Agreed.

i've only taken a cursory listen but am I the only one not feeling either album?
Give 'Baby I Miss You' and 'Gotta Be You' a few more listens.

No No Eul

These random Soshi teaser videos are the best thing they've released in the last 14 months.

Girls' Generation 소녀시대 NOW_YuRi

Girls' Generation 소녀시대 NOW_Tiffany

tumblr_n1ojq0mfa81sfcpovo2_250.gif
tumblr_n1ojq0mfa81sfcpovo3_250.gif
tumblr_n1ojq0mfa81sfcpovo4_250.gif

As Oniontaker said, this comeback is a mess. Seems to have no direction at the moment and they are releasing "teasers" in panic. Those clips seems more like some variety show ones than a comeback teaser.

I hope that's exactly what they are. It's been ages since we last had some proper Soshi variety.

iTtiVMSgY2IX8.jpg

So Davichi are finally leaving CCM.

About damn time.

Let's hope this works out better than their last escape attempt.

ramyeon

I really like the video besides the forced dance sequences and hallway catwalks (Obviously put in to please people like the poster above). I feel like f(x) nail this kind of shit way better than SNSD do, here it just feels like they really should have gone either one way or the other. And it doesn't make up for how lacklustre the song is.

luso

Don't know of this is the original MV after they said it was corrupted or lost.

Some close-ups are too closeup as if they were cropped, but probably just the style.
Girls are fine but generally shots seems odd, not sure about what to think, not overwhelmed for sure, but not awful.

At least I was the 160th to see it in YT, lol.

Wtf was that? The editing was so bad & it looked like 4 different mvs mashed into 1. The scenes kept changing so I couldn't even focus on what was happening. This whole comeback is disappointing. At least they looked nice..

That is the confirmation that SM lose parts of the video for not doing any kind of backup of their work. It´s incredible, i honestly can´t believe it.

ramyeon

The black and white dance scenes and that dance break are the worst offenders btw. That shit's terrible. If any data was lost, this is what was added to replace it. The style is so distinct and different from the rest of the editing in the video. It's really out of place.

JordanKZ

Closet K-Pop fan:
I dunno, I actually kinda like Mr. Mr. The bit at the end with the breakdown is cool as hell. But, at this point SNSD seem to make far better material for their Japanese albums, than their Korean ones. Particularly the last album they put out, there's so many great songs one after the other.

But I'd agree on the Mr. Mr. MV being pretty lackluster, its like 90% panning shots and close ups. Dancing plz.

The black and white dance scenes and that dance break are the worst offenders btw. That shit's terrible. If any data was lost, this is what was added to replace it. The style is so distinct and different from the rest of the editing in the video. It's really out of place.

The black and white parts are the best of the video, those are from the original concept for Mr Mr that did´nt liked to Lee Soo Man. The whole nurse bizarre thing is the thing we got after they remade the original concept.

The thing is, the finished MV was lost, there were no backup for it, thus we got this fanmade MV with a lot of cropping and out of place content.

Dat godess tho.

i9e1d605C9yOS.gif

ramyeon

The black and white parts are the best of the video, those are from the original concept for Mr Mr that did´nt liked to Lee Soo Man. The whole nurse bizarre thing is the thing we got after they remade the original concept.
So you'd prefer a video of them dancing in a literal box?

The "remade" concept is leagues more interesting than that shit. They just didn't do anything with it.

It's a safe and lazy release. But let's be honest, SM and SNSD's management haven't given a damn about their Korean audience since they realised there's way more money to be made in Japan. They only release this stuff once every year or so out of obligation.

Pendulum

"Black and white dance scene" as in the garage? That was shown months ago in a teaser at a concert so it seems to me that was the only thing left over from the data loss - everything else doesn't mix with it from the styling to the way it was shot. (edit: I see josecitoxnyo says that Lee Soo Man didn't like it - guess he had to throw it in there to pad out some seconds instead of reshooting more)

Messy MV, album, and management through and through. For the ball to be dropped this many times, I feel there must be some kind of internal issue going on over at SM.

The "remade" concept is leagues more interesting than that shit. They just didn't do anything with it.

The remade concept looks like a random concept for f(x), there was even a drama version for the original concept, this is a big mess.

There has to be a dance version, although at this point it´s probable a dance practice video.

ramyeon

"Black and white dance scene" as in the garage? That was shown months ago in a teaser at a concert so it seems to me that was the only thing left over from the data loss - everything else doesn't mix with it from the styling to the way it was shot.

Messy MV, album, and management through and through. For the ball to be dropped this many times, I feel there must be some kind of internal issue going on over at SM.
No. The scene with them wearing suits and dancing in a white box.

The data loss is BS. This nurse concept was teased as well before any news about that came out. It was a tug-of-war between YG and SM's publicists.
The remade concept looks like a random concept for f(x), there was even a drama version for the original concept, this is a big mess.

There has to be a dance version, although at this point it´s probable a dance practice video.
A random concept from f(x) is better than that generic shit.

No. The scene with them wearing suits and dancing in a white box.

That is from the original concept too, the garage thing.

It's a safe and lazy release. But let's be honest, SM and SNSD's management haven't given a damn about their Korean audience since they realised there's way more money to be made in Japan. They only release this stuff once every year or so out of obligation.

That is out of question, we can all agree on that. There´s still hope for another minialbum sometime this year and maybe a repackaged that can make us forget this mess.

Peru

More money in Japan or not every SNSD album is top 3 of that year in total sales, physical sales of several hundred thousands are not common and I'm sure a very welcome, significant source of income for SM.

Sevarus

The parking garage and I'm guessing the suits were part of the original concept (remember the rumored "masculine concept" that SM denied?), but Lee Soo Man was all, "No, too manly, needs more pink!" And we got this hospital stuff. Then they lost scenes from THAT, and everything is just mashed together quickly to get it out. What a catastrophe of a comeback.

Broank

Potential was there for greatness if not for the God damn shitty editing. lol They look hot though.

SM better release some different versions, still never even got the IGABs dance practice from those screencaps.

ramyeon

More money in Japan or not every SNSD album is top 3 of that year in total sales, physical sales of several hundred thousands are not common and I'm sure a very welcome, significant source of income for SM.
This sentence is kind of oddly constructed so I'm just assuming you mean they do it for a quick cash in, which is of course true. Doesn't change the fact that it's extraordinarily lazy. IGAB was leagues better than this but their releases, sans title tracks, have always been incredibly mediocre. Now even the title track feels like filler.

I personally don't really enjoy videos that are just dancing in a box these days, but it seems that's what people demand.

Top Bottom