• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Peru

I mean Korea is still a significant market for them because they make huge money off of album sales. I agree that their KR albums have always been filler heavy.

As for dance videos, they're good if the dancing is good, and they're better than many bloated 'story' videos. I dreamt about a Korean BoA dance video for years before I got it with Only One, but on the other hand I've also dreamt of f(x) getting something besides a standard SM box, and a video that matches their unique colors and artful concept style. SuJu's videos have been grey and same-y to the point of parody. Taeyang's Ringa Linga dance video is amazing. It depends. SNSD have def had their fair share of lazy box sets.

ramyeon

I mean Korea is still a significant market for them because they make huge money off of album sales. I agree that their KR albums have always been filler heavy.

As for dance videos, they're good if the dancing is good, and they're better than many bloated 'story' videos. I dreamt about a Korean BoA dance video for years before I got it with Only One, but on the other hand I've also dreamt of f(x) getting something besides a standard SM box, and a video that matches their unique colors and artful concept style. SuJu's videos have been grey and same-y to the point of parody. Taeyang's Ringa Linga dance video is amazing. It depends. SNSD have def had their fair share of lazy box sets.
Not as much money as if they focused solely on the Japanese market, considering the disparity in price between physical releases in Japan and Korea. But of course they need to release something every so often to keep the fans in Korea satisfied.

Oh yes, dance and story aren't the only options. There's a lot to be done with the medium, but I think a bulk of SM's videos really fall flat because they haven't changed up the formula for so very long. I mean there's not really a whole lot of difference between a H.O.T video and a current SM video when you get down to the basic formula.

Hell, a lot of H.O.T videos were a lot more interesting than Super Junior's stuff.

Boa´s Only one and Disturbance are 2 of the best SM videos has released the last couple of years, one can only dream for something like that for SNSD.

Not as much money as if they focused solely on the Japanese market, considering the disparity in price between physical releases in Japan and Korea. But of course they need to release something every so often to keep the fans in Korea satisfied.

Oh yes, dance and story aren't the only options. There's a lot to be done with the medium, but I think a bulk of SM's videos really fall flat because they haven't changed up the formula for so very long. I mean there's not really a whole lot of difference between a H.O.T video and a current SM video when you get down to the basic formula.

Hell, a lot of H.O.T videos were a lot more interesting than Super Junior's stuff.

Peru´s post were my thoughts previously, i want something original to be far away than the standard box for SNSD, i think you missed my point that the best parts of the mess Mr Mr video is, are the ones they are dancing.

I just rewatched it, i can´t believe it, it´s horrible.

K SONES are pointing out that SM uploaded so fast the MV that they did´nt managed to add the Everysing and Genie ads. LOL

Pendulum

Though Davichi and Core Contents Media have parted ways, the duo are in talks to release one more album with their former agency.

Kang Min Kyung and Haeri are officially free market agents after their contracts with the label have expired, but the head of CCM, Kim Kwang Soo, announced on February 28 that they plan to release a new album together. He stated, "Davichi suggested first that we produce the new album together. We plan to release it around May. The soonest may be late April. We'll start working on it around March."

He added, "I advised them to meet with many other agencies. Whether they sign with another label or they stay with us, it's up to Davichi."

Did you really, KKS? Did you really?

Remyzero

It was my first time hearing the song. I didn't find it as catchy. The surgery room makes me uncomfortable.

Edit. Taeyeon at the end :)

roaSone

Well MV is mysterious as the girls warned us before. I kind of like it anyway, maybe too much effects but well idc too much. Now let's wait the stages!

Remyzero

1614332_660208187358309_280430441_o.jpg

Outfits remind me of Lotus Flower from Radiohead.

No No Eul

I guess SM really did lose that data after all, huh.

I think the MV is pretty awesome for the most part. The hospital stuff looks absolutely fantastic. I love the way it's shot, the post-processing and all that jazz. It's just a shame they had to shoehorn in that original footage. The two styles really don't gel IMO.

Did you really, KKS? Did you really?

What are the chances that this entire thing about Davichi splitting from CCM is just another media play...

—

And the award for the most charming and whimsical MV of the day goes to Poot Poot.

jokkir

Wtf was that? The editing was so bad & it looked like 4 different mvs mashed into 1. The scenes kept changing so I couldn't even focus on what was happening. This whole comeback is disappointing. At least they looked nice..

Sounds like IGAB all over again :lol

Niks

Laughing at all the hate here torwards the mv. Its fine, sure some parts dont gel very well, but its not bad as many here suggest. Outfits are on point and the girls look great as ever.

JustinBB7

1614332_660208187358309_280430441_o.jpg

Outfits remind me of Lotus Flower from Radiohead.

Liked that part/dance the best. Rest of the video is nice but yea, some weird parts with really weird zoomins/framing etc.

I was gonna say how some girls didn't get much airtime in this video, but you barely really see anybody the entire time, all quick flashes or way too zoomed in.

When is the first live performance again?

Selane

Laughing at all the hate here torwards the mv. Its fine, sure some parts dont gel very well, but its not bad as many here suggest. Outfits are on point and the girls look great as ever.

Laughing at you thinking your opinion supersedes everyone else's. If most people think something is bad there's probably a reason for it.

edit: Then again it's SNSD, they could literally shit into their hands and throw it at the camera and there would be people here praising it and saying it's a great video.

isuzu

The MV would be fine if it was just the surgery thing and it actually went somewhere. The choreo isn't even interesting, why waste what would be a good concept with that?

minty_jpg

The MV would be fine if it was just the surgery thing and it actually went somewhere. The choreo isn't even interesting, why waste what would be a good concept with that?

Hopefully the live stages will be better. I didn't enjoy the MV overall, but it's not the worst. It beats SM putting their artists in a white room and making them dance.

Subitai

Closet K-Pop fan:
I dunno, I actually kinda like Mr. Mr. The bit at the end with the breakdown is cool as hell. But, at this point SNSD seem to make far better material for their Japanese albums, than their Korean ones. Particularly the last album they put out, there's so many great songs one after the other.

But I'd agree on the Mr. Mr. MV being pretty lackluster, its like 90% panning shots and close ups. Dancing plz.
Same here. I'd lurk in this thread more often too, but my interwebs can't handle it.

Anyway, I pretty much agree with all of that, but I'm guessing the future songs debuting after this will appeal to me more, so I'm just basking in their return.
Sammy S posted another SNSD thread? Someone be sure to update it with the 2ne1 tunes.
Oh this wasn't something you guys all planned?

Fafnir

MrMr MV is such a disappointment that I'm not even going to gif it, not like there's anything to gif. Even the brief choreo shots at the end of the MV looks un-Soshi. I have a feeling that SM will bring in EXO to be the backup dancers at the music shows to try and boost this.

Music performance show is my only hope left =/

luso

I guess SM really did lose that data after all, huh.

I think the MV is pretty awesome for the most part. The hospital stuff looks absolutely fantastic. I love the way it's shot, the post-processing and all that jazz. It's just a shame they had to shoehorn in that original footage. The two styles really don't gel IMO.

If the data loss is true, it must be the group formations/dance themed as nurses, or simply other wider shots in the nursery, maybe that's why we almost only see individual shots in there, and just a couple of seconds of the choreo and the dancing itself.

1,100,000 and counting.

No No Eul

If the data loss is true, it must be the group formations/dance themed as nurses, or simply other wider shots in the nursery, maybe that's why we almost only see individual shots in there, and just a couple of seconds of the choreo and the dancing itself.

Yeah, sounds about right to me.

I'm wondering whether they filmed the jeans/waistcoats/hats sequence post data loss. Fany appears to have her hair cut short, although I don't know if that's really conclusive evidence.

Not that it matters, obviously. It's just fun to speculate. :D

Eldren

Yeah, sounds about right to me.

I'm wondering whether they filmed the jeans/waistcoats/hats sequence post data loss. Fany appears to have her hair cut short, although I don't know if that's really conclusive evidence.

Not that it matters, obviously. It's just fun to speculate. :D

This is what I'm curious to know. The way it cuts away from the dance break
the bit I was most looking forward to
and goes to the hospital scenes makes me think that it was part of the MV data that was corrupted. But who knows really. Could just be messy editing.

-----

Anyway, the MV was...alright, I guess. Messy, as expected due to having to throw together a bunch of extra footage to compensate for the data loss. Would have liked to have actually seen more of the members and the choreography instead of all the shots of the set and props. Looking forward to the live perfs, I'm curious which of the 5 outfits they'll perform in first. Wouldn't have minded a dance version either but I'm not sure that'll happen.

catmincer

So Mr Mr MV is ok. I liked the black and white parts because no stupid "special" effects.

The video reminds me a lot of Miryo's Dirty and Jolin Tsai's Dr. Jolin. I think it's the colour palette.

llehuty

Mr.Mr, the IGAB of MV. The main thing lacking is focus. So many styles thrown in the mix. I don't care what was the original footage or if everything was SM strategy, the style and tone is all over the place. The MV tries everything, edgy, classical, masculine (btw, heavily inspired by KARA's damaged lady), feminine,...

If they just had kept one of the multiple styles, it could have worked. I mean, the nurse/doctor concept is cool, but they should do something with it, not just stay there posing. Also, boxed videos can be good, and SM has done it before (Growl, The shadow,..).

Also, praying for Davichi's freedom. Although CCM losing theit #1 hit makers like this... are they DSP or what?

Edit: Also, why is Hammie 2.0 doing # muses key move?

neoism

Mr.Mr. about to hit 1 million YouTube views.
XoPcBdd.jpg

is this you
:p <3

lol I like the video but SM just FUCKED UP REALLY BAD. Europa is the fucking BEST song it would have had been a better single.

You have to release the song and video at the same time.

I hope we get more previews lol this .. mini smh is ok but the release was sad.. lol

I'm looking forward to the Japanese tour anyway.. 3rd jp album is soo damn good...

#PrayForGirlsGeneration

Everything about this era is a mess, I won't even get into details.

The only thing that makes me sleep at night is knowing that 2NE1's new album sucks just as much.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
#PrayForGirlsGeneration

Everything about this era is a mess, I won't even get into details.

The only thing that makes me sleep at night is knowing that 2NE1's new album sucks just as much.
hey everyone, look.. it's the person that makes SNSD threads

tumblr_m4fc0bWdZ71qcyraio1_250.gif

At least Soshi looks hot.

Now excuse while I enjoy Gotta Be You for the upteenth time...

Yep, definitely the worst Soshi comeback in existence.

catmincer

FFS. 2NE1 video delayed.

"
2014-03-01 10:00 am
tag. 2NE1

We sincerely apologize that 2NE1’s music video of “COME BACK HOME”

is being unexpectedly delayed due to the crew’s computer graphic work

for the latter part of the clip.

We expect the music video release date to be Monday morning,

but we will make an official announcement with precise date and time on YG LIFE.

We deeply appreciate your understanding."

JustinBB7

FFS. 2NE1 video delayed.

"
2014-03-01 10:00 am
tag. 2NE1

We sincerely apologize that 2NE1’s music video of “COME BACK HOME”

is being unexpectedly delayed due to the crew’s computer graphic work

for the latter part of the clip.

We expect the music video release date to be Monday morning,

but we will make an official announcement with precise date and time on YG LIFE.

We deeply appreciate your understanding."

Computer issues eh? Sounds familiar.

Top Bottom