• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

On Dice's point, see what a mix of styling and image post processing can do - this is also Hara.
425671.jpg

Probably the first photo of hers that I've had to look twice to check its her.

Looks like a crack whore that got photoshopped really good lol.

Yeah, that Humming Urban Stereo album is killer. Worst song off it is Hawaiian Couple since it doesn't feel as good as the original.

Btw, I didn't know G.NA can actually sing lol. She doesn't have killer pipes, but she fit the song really well. If she could turn up the sexy voice a little bit though, oh man... it'd be perfect.

EDIT: Top of page = a Fany.

No No Eul

Her nose is different, yeah (though not has noticeable as the video posted some pages back), but a dose of Photoshop also contributes.

It'll be interesting to see what she looks like in motion under more natural lighting conditions.

Prelim results, oh...

tumblr_mo71qfC3GR1qa9r7oo1_500.gif

As much as I would like to see somebody else win for variety's sake, it'll be pretty cool if she wins twice in a row.

isuzu

Prelim results, oh...

tumblr_mo71qfC3GR1qa9r7oo1_500.gif

man this is fun
77. Iriyama Anna 2,871
lolololol Iriyama you better pray and get that UG stop or your push is done
71. Tano Yuka 3,206
Tanochan ;A;
67. Hirata Rina 3,145
66. Kuramochi Asuka 3,194
65. Maeda Ami 3,209

wtf Hirari ahead of Iriyama and Mocchi behind eyebrow chick

64. Takajo Aki 3,315
French Kiss is fucked
60. Miyazaki Miho 3,372
yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! flop oshimen still ranks
56. Ikoma Rina 3,510
DQl3eIX.gif

45. Kawaei Rina 4,057
Riichan pls
41. Minegishi Minami 4,504
shave that head once more maybe that will help you!
34. Kojima Mako 5,132
the push is working
26. Yamada Nana 6,100
25. Watanabe Miyuki 6,176

dis gun b gud
23. Kato Rena 6,437
wait what
17. Kojima Haruna 8,177
out of kami7, peasant
11. Moriyasu Madoka 9,562
yLY0N2y.gif

I don't understand
9. Matsumura Kaori 12,190
ahahahahahahahha BBQ is going to make into senbatsu oh my god and she's ahead of Akarin this is hilarious
8. Shibata Aya 12,340
this girl sold her soul to satan
5. Shimazaki Haruka 15,514
WLRKic1.gif

slay, penguin queen <3

llehuty

Perfume announce new Maxi Single &#65378;Cling Cling &#65379; !

20th Major Single Cling Cling, set to be released on July 16!
[CD]

1. Cling Cling – Featured in the upcoming Chocola BB CM
2. Hold Your Hand – Drama Theme for the NHK Drama Silent Poor
3. DISPLAY
4. Ijiwaru na Hello
5. Cling Cling – Original Instrumental -
6. Hold Your Hand – Original Instrumental -
7. DISPLAY – Original Instrumental -
8. Ijiwaru na Hello – Original Instrumental -

[DVD - Limited Edition]

1. Cling Cling – Music Video
2. Cling Cling – Teaser Trailer
3. Display – Music Video (short ver.)
4. Perfume FES!! 2014 – Digest Movie

Two MVs. HYPE

Pendulum

According to the business reports sent to the Financial Supervisory Service from the big three entertainment companies of K-Pop, SM, YG, and JYP Entertainment, SM Entertainment came out on top with the most revenue last year.

Last year, SM Entertainment made 270 billion won (~ $260 million USD), which is almost twice the revenue compared to two years prior in 2011, 140 billion won (~ $140 million USD). Meanwhile, YG made 120 billion won (~ $110 million USD), which is a 49% increase from 2011 when they posted revenue of 78 billion won (~ $76 million USD).

JYP Entertainment came in last with 21 billion won (~ $21 million USD). One entertainment rep said, "These companies are establishing affiliates and more, all of which are great factors to their business, so it looks like the profit scale will continue to grow in the future."

These three companies are influential to the point that some people say the whole broadcasting production process in itself would be difficult if there were no celebrities signed under one of three companies in the broadcasting world.
3ZQ5IVK.gif

(Source is AKP, so I wouldn't wholly trust their maths/reporting. In a previous story they missed earnings from non-parent companies from their reporting.)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The "JYP Nation" is split among partnering companies, and I don't think that is adding them all together.

No No Eul

Have I missed anything after 4Minute's comeback? I haven't been keeping up if anything good has come out since then.

A few releases here and there. Some recent-ish stuff that springs to mind:

IU
Hyosung
G.NA's backup dancers
Jiyeon
NS Yoon-G
Crayon Pop
Apink
Akdong Musician

There's been loads of really good alternative music in the thread recently too.

Davichi to Release an Album in June, Still Undecided on New Agency

Core Contents Media revealed to news outlet Star News on May 21, “Davichi will release a new mini album in mid-June and start their activities.”

As the duo decided to leave the agency back in February when their contract expired, this news comes as a surprise to many of Davichi’s fans. However, it was reportedly announced at the time that Core Contents Media will produce an album for Davichi regardless of any contractual issues.

ihsIjNGYYI0Cw.jpg

Jiyeon Gets Serious in Interview on Mnet’s “4 Things Show”

T-ara’s Jiyeon, who recently made her debut with her first solo single “Never Ever,” appeared on the May 20 episode of Mnet’s “4 Things Show: Outrageous Interview.”

Jiyeon also had a psychological test, where she vocalized her serious stresses and concerns. The psychologist said, “Right now, in your current state, you need professional help.

iwg74feXuhtaY.jpg

Peru

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
edit: damnit jose

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

K-Pop stars Girls' Generation, Bangtan Boys headline KCON 2014

The event, produced by the South Korean media giant CJ E&M and the cable network MNET, has booked Girls' Generation, one of K-Pop's marquee acts, as this year's headliner. The group's delightfully zany videos for tracks including "I Got a Boy" recently passed a billion views on YouTube, and they've released albums in the U.S. for Interscope Records.

The rap group Bangtan Boys is also booked as a top-billed act [watch several members of the group tackle "School of Tears," an edit of Kendrick Lamar's "Swimming Pools (Drank)"].

This year's event will feature two full nights of concerts, doubling last year's performances.The conference will run Aug. 9-10 at a still to-be-determined downtown L.A. venue. The event has become a popular and eclectic hub for K-pop fans in L.A.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
fuck KCON

their pit tickets went from 100$ the first year to like 400$ the second year. buncha lames

Top Bottom