• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Seungri said:
@realtaeyang I always love him plz check it out his new album #rise
oEH6mVA.jpg

tumblr_n68o9vgi0N1r8z2hmo1_500.gif

Hayoung and Eunji... @_____@

lawdbaby.gif

Welp, I'm officially excited. Like Dice, I demand another I Need A Girl and Wedding Dress on this album or no buy.

I read today that the song was composed by Jung In and Duble Sidekick, while Gary wrote the lyrics.

I'm not surprised. It's too pop sounding for a Leessang track but then again, they do whatever the hell they want so it kinda doesn't matter lol.

Edit: Well said (on Jiyeon and netizens)

I don't even know what the hell this is about, but seeing as this is from Asian Junkie, I know it's good.

AJ and Yellow Slug Reviews(who also works with AJ) are pretty much the only two K-Pop blogs that I actually take the time to look. Both look at the shit going on around the industry with a refreshing amount of logic and stannery, it's a lot like K-Pop GAF minus the delulu's lol.

Lol I love CL, but damn I can't get a bead on that lady's personality at all. I know on stage shes "the baddest" but like... even off stages half the time its "i'm super intimidating" then the rest of the time "super lady like." Guess shes just one of those people who is hard to read (for me at least.)

Pendulum

After School fans apologise.

hyomin taking the hyuna path.

It was either that or a "seductive sexiness" concept I feel - both suit Hyomin. I need to see more pics before I know whether I like this or not, but considering the abundance of comebacks this year with the latter (including Jiyeon), and Hyuna's ability to stand out of the crowd even with average songs, I can see some logic behind this. (Hyomin now the last of the holy trinity to get her fabulous locks cut). Just don't go overboard like with N4.

Speaking of Hyomin, it's her birthday tomorrow. I'll be on a plane - I'll bring back a fridge magnet for whomever posts some pictures.

Eldren

I read it as "HOY" for a second and I thought "who the hell is Hoy". We should give it a chance though, it might not turn out that bad. Let's not forget how insane the photos were for TTS' Twinkle with the ridiculous wigs and outfits, and yet they looked amazing in the MV.
It could still turn out to be a mess though, let's be realistic about this

Hyoyeon dancing to Ma Boy This was from when she was MCing at an event in Vietnam but she tagged it Bangkok because that's probably the only place she knows outside of Korea and Japan, and now Vietnamese fans are mad. Queen of social media, annoying the few fans she has. She must be compensating for not being allowed to perform Ma Boy at Marchen Fantasy that time.

From YG said:
Is it a full album?

Yes it is. This is TAEYANG&#8217;s second full album called <RISE> with a total of 9 songs,
the first full album in 4 years
since his 1st one <SOLAR> on July 1, 2010.

What can you tell us about the title track?

TAEYANG partook in composing and writing of several tracks in his 2nd album
but the sole title track is &#8220;EYES, NOSE, LIPS,&#8220;
a joint production of YG&#8217;s main producers TEDDY and DEE.P.

For the past few years most YG artists chose and promoted two or three title tracks
so what is the reason behind the decision to pick a single title track
for TAEYANG&#8217;s latest album?

As most songs in TAEYANG&#8217;s 2nd album were regarded as title tracks at different phases,
selecting joint title tracks was the hardest task.
This is why we chose &#8220;EYES, NOSE, LIPS&#8221; as a single title track
and decided to focus on it for early promotion.

We offered TAEYANG to be in charge of his solo-album production 4 years ago
and late last year, when the album was nearing completion,
we were about to make tracks #8 &#8220;LET GO,&#8221; #3 &#8220;1AM&#8221; and #5 &#8221;BODY&#8221; the three title tracks.
However, TAEYANG was keen to work further on the album and at the end of last year,
YG actively got involved. As a result we added tracks #7 &#8220;THIS AIN&#8217;T IT,&#8221;
#4 &#8220;STAY WITH ME&#8221; featuring G-DRAGON,
and lastly &#8220;EYES, NOSE, LIPS&#8221;&#8212;
which eventually became the single title song of the album.

As mentioned, every time a new song was added, it was excellent enough to be the title
track, but &#8220;EYES, NOSE, LIPS&#8221; became the single title
because when TAEYANG sang the first line, it was so powerful that our plans of the past
few years simply evaporated.

The excitement was passed on to me as I watched him record the song,
I even suggested, &#8220;Young Bae, what about filming an M/V like this for this song?&#8221;&#8212;
this was the first time for me to propose an idea for a music video for a YG artist since
BIGMAMA&#8217;s &#8220;BREAK AWAY&#8221; music video 11 years ago.
That is how much affection I have for &#8220;EYES, NOSE, LIPS.&#8221;

The prominent feature of &#8220;EYES, NOSE, LIPS &#8220; would be:
From &#8220;DON&#8217;T CHEAT ON ME&#8221; to the recent &#8220;RINGA LINGA,&#8221; most title tracks accompanied
dance&#8212;but &#8220;EYES, NOSE, LIPS &#8220; is an R&B slow song that steers away from dance moves
and maximizes the strengths of TAEYANG&#8217;s sentimental voice.

Single title track means one music video?

Not exactly&#8230; We are unveiling 3 music videos.

The music video of the title track &#8220;EYES, NOSE, LIPS&#8220;
will be unveiled simultaneously with the online album on June 2nd at 12 a.m.

And the music video of &#8220;1AM&#8221; with the offline album on June 10th
at 1 a.m.

We recently decided to have an additional video with &#8220;BODY&#8221;,
the fastest-tempo song in the 2nd album, which we are considering as the follow-up track.

The current making process of &#8220;BODY,&#8221; to be directed by Seo Hyun Seung, indicates that
the release date is estimated around mid-June.

Thoughts on TAEYANG&#8217;s imminent 2nd album release as the producer?

Apart from &#8220;RINGA LINGA,&#8221; which was already released as a single last year,
there will be 8 songs in TAEYANG&#8217;s 2nd album, including the intro.

To fill you in with more details,
despite having 20 complete songs that TAEYANG recorded for the 2nd album,
we carefully selected 9 songs in respect of his wish to focus more on quality than quantity
but all songs are truly exceptional
that they could all be title tracks.

Although there are more I want to say about the latest album
I believe it is right for TAEYANG to do it himself when it is released.

TAEYANG&#8217;s 2nd album, fruit borne after 4 years of hard work&#8230;
Stay tuned, everyone!

P.S. This morning PSY&#8217;s news about new song was broadcasted by the American media.
I will be back soon with more details on PSY and YG&#8217;s new boy group &#8220;WINNER.&#8221;
Thank You.

Davichi's comeback single is going to be produced by Brave Brothers:

"Break Up Date Again" ("Break Up Meet Again") is described as a song with a hip hop beat and emotional melody that people who've had relationships can relate to. Davichi said, "It's a hip hop track by Davichi that you've never heard from us before."

Makes a change of having yet another Duble Sidekick song doing the rounds.

yo Dice

“EYES, NOSE, LIPS “ is an R&B slow song that steers away from dance moves
and maximizes the strengths of TAEYANG’s sentimental voice.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
ibV5TCpC9ik5p.gif

Edit: Can't wait to hear Taeyang's sensual rendition of those classic lyrics.

"Eyes and ears, lips and nose
Head and shoulders, knees and toes
Knees and toes"

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So about that Taeyang song being so good stuff... Here is what they said before about 2NE1's song.

He even said that his wife began to cry after hearing the song, saying, "2NE1 was crying so much during the recording that we had an extremely difficult time recording the song. I thought it was weird so I brought the song to my wife. She cried right away as well. That was our experience, and I'm curious as to how the song will be received by our fans."
Teddy, YG's lead producer, was the one that wrote the song. The lyrics revealed in the teaser reads "I still hate him for sending me away". It is sad, but will it draw tears?
Dara spoke about the song, saying, "I cried so much during the recording that I used up a box of Kleenex by myself." Bom commented, "Our emotions pour out from the song".
This is some KKS-level bullshit. These self-reports from YGs recording studio sound like a pentecostal revival.

Top Bottom