• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
tumblr_n6pr27rglX1qk12q0o1_1280.jpg
iTcKlYOAnJSCy.gif

Dice

Sometimes already came out a while back
Which set my expectations really high, along with his feature on Two Melodies. Like, take track 5 for example. It's like everyone is trying really hard to jam but just forgot how, especially him with his vocal melodies. And I think that's the rub for me. Zion.T's album also isn't packed with songs you'll be singing, but he has this quirky experimental vibe and it's like whatever he is attempting to do he is pulling it off completely, just pulling you into the groove of his inner world like Prince or something. With this Crush album I feel a rift between intentions and execution, and the biggest exception to this is Hey Baby, which Zion.T was involved in.

ibbWVyIm7DaL1o.gif

he has this quirky experimental vibe and it's like whatever he is attempting to do he is pulling it off completely, just pulling you into the groove of his inner world like Prince or something.

You know I think this is a problem, if you can call it that, with Amoeba's artists. I remember the little uproar we had in here the last time Zion.T released a song, I remember not liking it and I think it was Ramyeon who called it a "neo-trot" song or whatever and it made sense. And looking back to more recent Amoeba releases, that experimental vibe definitely exists. Even Dynamic Duo's last album had a bunch of that experimental stuff.

I think Primary's the only one who really stuck to a certain formula that made his music great. I wonder what happened with him though, is he also in "reflection mode" after the plagiarism scandal last year?

Dice

I loved that Zion.T song tho. Fuckin trot noir shit, who does that? But he did it so good.

I admitted I'm a Zion.T stan a long time ago.

I loved that Zion.T song tho. Fuckin trot noir shit, who does that? But he did it so good.

I admitted I'm a Zion.T stan a long time ago.

I'm listening to it right now and I can't remember why I didn't like it... *looks up my post history* oh...

I remember now, it was a total knee-jerk reaction about the title(Ms Kim) and how disjointed the album felt. Now that my hype for Mirrorball is gone and reading my comments about it, I can understand why I didn't like it and tbh, listening to the album right now I might still stand by my comment of the album being a little disjointed. But eh, that was a long time ago so I'm not even gonna get into it. I will say that I'm starting to appreciate it for what it is, and maybe repeated listens will sway my decision about it.

I personally think Two Melodies is the best thing he ever released so far... his and Crush's vocals just sell that song so damn well.

Dice

yo has the chat server been busted since around 1:30am cst or is it just my end?

K1LLER7

Just listened to Crush's album, one of the better albums this year imo. Liked that he stuck to his RnB/JazzLounge style throughout. Although others may not have liked this. Nothing sounded too samey which was a positive. Preferred Some of the album tracks to the title track. In the end, I only skipped track 7, Liked everything else.

Wasn't feeling Taeyang's album. Therefore for me, Crush on You >>>> Rise.

No No Eul

Bob Cut Update:
Chanmi said:

Namjoo & Eunji said:

Sunny said:
BpXy5OWIYAA4B8J.jpg:large

소녀시대 베스트 앨범이 나왔긔~ 근데... 우리 사진 가지고 이러기 있긔 없긔?!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
You guys got some crazy imaginations.. lol!!! #creative

Pendulum

Happy bday.
Only posting for the magnet.
jk
Thanks Loci. Feel free to print this out and stick it to your fridge.

T-ara's Jiyeon and Girls Day's Hyeri are the new SBS MTV The Show presenters:
ktDSXXk.jpg
Another weekly show for me to watch (snippets of) then. Also, first time I think I've liked that short hair on Hyeri.

milkham said:
irikhPU.gif

----

Only just starting digging into Taeyang's and Crush's albums with a couple of songs each, but I find myself digging Crush's more so far even though I think it'll be pretty safe and even throughout.

----

Did Running Man pull a switch? The episode with Bora, Chansung, etc, when I last checked, was being billed as one of the next ones. Then while I am away an episode with Minah, Narsha, etc comes outta nowhere. Next will be the Dream Cup Special too. I didn't dream that upcoming episode, right?

----

Bastard.
I want to be him
2014060613521995665.jpg

Dice

awwww... it looks like she's holding it in... maybe she's waiting until after the ceremony episode.

edit: lady-mode soyul

sZz4CMp.jpg

Did Running Man pull a switch? The episode with Bora, Chansung, etc, when I last checked, was being billed as one of the next ones. Then while I am away an episode with Minah, Narsha, etc comes outta nowhere. Next will be the Dream Cup Special too. I didn't dream that upcoming episode, right?

Not sure. I know the Dream Cup itself aired like... this week? or maybe last weekend. Is Running Man's turn around rate that fast all of a sudden lol (I know its all over the place in general) Tried to not watch, mostly cause I don't care about the sport, also I spoilerized who made the team this year... l.o.l.

Pendulum

This weeks Running Man was awesome just for the Sweet Radish game lol.
Kookie's onto his, what, 4th Eun Hye replacement now?
Happy to see Narsha back on variety - such a pro.

But WAIT, who is stalking Jiyoung now?

Cameras.
Seriously though, I think she told karaboard (and others?) to stop reposting pics from her private Instagram. Maybe one day I'll pass her on the streets, but for now I've left the bushes and will cheer her on from far away
like 100m

AReed

So I'm assuming Jihyo and her CEO boyf ended it? Gary asked if she found a new boyfriend when her phone went off.

Narsha was a cutie on RM ep 198.

edit: Here's some Jihyo from Asian Dream Cup thing

ev0

198 was great, Team Reusha all the way.

Wish they won. I always find it boring when Jaesuk wins for some reason. Although he was pretty great losing for almost the whole episode

Radish game was indeed great.
Ha Yeon Soo was pretty great

Pendulum

SNSD is performing K-Pop GAF's theme song at Dream Concert.

Edit: First episode of Yura's We Got Married has that most melodic of symphonies - Yura laughs.
Edit 2: Hmm. Unless they are changing up the format/script a bit, I fear this WGM stint might be shorter than usual - next week's preview showed a mock wedding. That's something that usually happens after a few months.

TAEYANG - 눈, 코, 입 (EYES, NOSE, LIPS) M/V MAKING

From Lotte Hotel Busan Fan Meeting;
MC. When is Big Bang's album coming out?
GD: Win..ter? Au..tumn?
Taeyang: Winter.
T.O.P: We are not certain... We may need reduce the number of members... kicking out those who we do not need. I won't make any noise and be good.

MC: What is everyone up to these days?
Daesung: Preparing for solo tour.
Taeyang: Busy preparing for solo activities.
GD: I'm resting right now.
T.O.P: Just finished filming a movie.
Seungri: Drama filming which ends next week.

Peru

Sasshi works wonders as an underdog. I'm sure she'll wreak havock the coming year. But I really wanted a Sasshi-centered single next. Mayuyu is not that interesting as a center let's be honest and she just got one.

Ok

So

Another slam win. For the first time in two years it's time to change my avatar. Been trying out a few alternatives.

Top Bottom