• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

llehuty

Psy-Snoop-Dogg-Hangover.jpg

MV premieres the 8th of June on Jimmy Kimmel. Don't know what to expect, to be honest.

Which headline would cause a bigger meltdown? "Tiffany announces pregnancy" or "Taeyeon's boyfriend revealed!"

Fany's would be a global meltdown coz as llehuty said, it could mean the end of Soshi.

But for K-Pop GAF? It'll be Taeyeon... I imagine there'll be an exodus of Taeng avatars denying her existence, name calling, denials, end of Soshi, you know the typical meltdowns GAF is known for.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
But for K-Pop GAF? It'll be Taeyeon... I imagine there'll be an exodus of Taeng avatars denying her existence, name calling, denials, end of Soshi, you know the typical meltdowns GAF is known for.
Well in terms of taking ones connection/potential connection with idols way too seriously, I for one would be excited about confirmation that Taeyeon likes men.

Well in terms of taking ones connection/potential connection with idols way too seriously, I for one would be excited about confirmation that Taeyeon likes men.

Same here actually. I was referring to the multitude of Taeng avatars we have on K-Pop GAF... they're gonna be the ones who are gonna be really affected by an announcement.

Eldren

is anyone subbing?

It's a tv show featuring one of the 4 popular members so yeah, people are already subbing. Meanwhile, Sunny's radio show has been on air for however many weeks and still nothing. RIP Sunny.

And yeah I agree that pregnancy would have more of an effect than someone dating. Not least because it means that she wouldn't be able to perform (I guess she could sit on a stool while the others dance, but you know what I mean.) Whereas only delusional lunatics would have a meltdown over a stranger they've never met and who doesn't know they exist announcing they're in a relationship.

Also, when is Dream Concert? Is it this week? Hope we get some good performances.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but the dance version of VIXX's Eternity is out. The song has really grown on me the last couple of days and the choreo is good too, as expected of VIXX.

RubyFaith

tumblr_n6mv30XHhl1rca9oio1_1280.jpg

“It felt like I’m really an adult now.”
Girl group 4minute’s youngest member Kwon SoHyun has put on a proud smile as she cast her very first vote today.

About 1.45PM today (4th May), Kwon SoHyun cast her votes in an elementary school around CheongDamDong.

In her white blouse and blue jeans, Kwon SoHyun revealed her thoughts, “I’m really nervous since it’s my first vote.”

Although she has been busy making preparations for 2014 Dream Concert which will be held on 7th May, SoHyun was determined to cast her precious vote today.

Kwon SoHyun expressed her thoughts with Star News, “I’ve already decided who to vote for after much considerations” and, “Having to cast my vote, now I felt like I’m an adult. And I’m proud of that”, she said.

tumblr_n6nm4iKgIU1rfiim4o9_1280.jpg

Today, Kwon SoHyun waited for about 5 minutes in line with citizens from her neighborhood, before she successfully cast her votes.

Kwon SoHyun who completed the vote, expressed, “Since I never have the chance to meet up with the candidates, rather than their image, I gave my vote to the one that gave a better commitment” and, “Above all, I hope that more emphasis will be placed on a system that focus on students’ safety.”

tumblr_n6nm4iKgIU1rfiim4o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6nm4iKgIU1rfiim4o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6nm4iKgIU1rfiim4o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6nm4iKgIU1rfiim4o10_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6nm4iKgIU1rfiim4o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6mqyzj9GD1qc8smpo1_500.jpg

Dice

I was worried for a bit that Sohyun was being pressured by Gayoon's appearance to get way skinnier than she was (as she actually said once), but she looks healthy in these pics.

neoism

Same here actually. I was referring to the multitude of Taeng avatars we have on K-Pop GAF... they're gonna be the ones who are gonna be really affected by an announcement.

lol I'm an insane tae fan she is the only Korean I care about tae for lif... doesn't matter to me if she has a BF or a GF I just want her to be happy...

llehuty

Just discovered this interesting rapper duo: Mighty Mouth

Bad boy (ft. Soya)
Lalala (ft. Soya). Here the MV, that has some weird echo going on.
Tok Tok (ft. Soya)
Their latest releases have been with this qt that is Kim Jong Kook's niece and part of a duo called Soya N Sun.

Love Class (ft. Han Ye Suel) MV featuring Uee and worst Hyuna. Both debuted that same year. Eng subbed BTS.
Live performances with Nicole, Uee, Hyuna and IU.

I love you (ft. Yoon Eun Hye)
Family (ft. Son Dambi)
Energy (ft. Sunye)

Kara - Honey (ft. Mighty Mouth) :'(

The duo is currently on a hiatus since one of the members (Sangchu) was involved in last years' massage parlor scandal with se7en.

There's a reddit AMA ongoing atm with North Korean refugee Joo Yang for anyone interested.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/27c3sc/i_am_joo_yang_a_north_korean_defector_ama/

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Sevarus

Looks like SNSD's best of Japanese album is going to have three versions. Blu-ray, photo book, etc etc.

From the Taengstagram:
10401569_580912608691579_204780599_n.jpg

Girls'GenerationTheBest 2014.7.23 이건 나도 살거에요. 이것만 있으면 그동안의 소시를 다 만날 수 있으니까. 그리고 같이 공개될 신곡..너무 좋아서 눈물났어 #GGTheBest #GGJPN #써니야더꺾어봐

[TRANS] http://taengstagram.com/p/o2Etjun_oP/Girls'GenerationTheBest 2014.7.23 I'm going to buy this too. Because if you have just this, you'll be able to meet all of Girls' Generation throughout all these times. And also because the new song that will be released together.. It's so good I teared up #GGTheBest #GGJPN #SunnyTryBendingMore

Ym1r

I like new davichi, I really enjoy their ballads a ton more than their more upbeat songs but this wasn't too bad.

Dice

Well the appetizer of Taeyang's album was pretty nice, but now the main course is here with Crush. Get it.

Edit: Actually... it's... I dunno how I feel about this.

Anyway, new MV with Hani is out! YES, MY GIRL! But... I guess they are too poor to buy her new clothes and not big enough to get a sponsor so she wore her Dasoni dresses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL3xC8ZsfQw

Fafnir

Wow 1st episode of the J&K show is a snoozer, who's bright idea was it to have a show about the laziest Soshi member and her sis? They are going to have to give these girls a mission or all the episodes will be watching them eat and lie around.

BNq2Qtz.gif
MlfGl2e.gif

R61nZnY.gif
Wz59d7B.gif

CgNIJTR.gif
ap7ltbF.gif

Dice

lol it got so ugly people were like "fuck that noise, I'm voting for the liberal"

sounds familiar...

No No Eul

roaSone

Wow 1st episode of the J&K show is a snoozer, who's bright idea was it to have a show about the laziest Soshi member and her sis? They are going to have to give these girls a mission or all the episodes will be watching them eat and lie around.
This is exactly what we wanted no ? :>

No No Eul

Is anyone else watching Kara Project? I've just finished episode 2. So far, it's all been fairly by the numbers. Each week, the members have been tasked with learning the choreography and recording the vocals for one of Kara's singles (first Step, then Rock U). At the end of each episode, they've performed in front of a public audience, which has been swiftly followed by plenty of harsh criticism from their instructors. It's pretty much what you might expect.

One of the members, Young Ji, has barely featured in the show thus far, having injured her leg. However, she's still managed to receive the most 'popularity' and 'global popularity' votes and is currently ranked in first place. Whether this is because viewers really like what little they've seen of her, or she's getting a lot of sympathy votes, or there's some serious troll voting going on by disgruntled fans, I don't know.

Personally, Somin gets my vote. The girl has basically got it all. Having said that, it still hasn't really sunk in that two of these seven are actually going to join Kara for real.

As an aside, the show is produced by Mark PD who did that SNSD MTV show way back (and has presumably done plenty of other stuff since).

Kuno

^
Yep, I've watched both episodes of Kara Project so far. My faves are Somin, Sojin and Youngji, but I think they're all appealing in different ways.

Have they come out and said that two of these girls are entering Kara? I thought the actual number was up in the air, publicly at least.

It seems pretty apparent to me that DSP has plans to debut some or all of the "losers" in their own group. All the girls seems pretty polished already, this show is just showing them off.

No No Eul

Have they come out and said that two of these girls are entering Kara? I thought the actual number was up in the air, publicly at least.

I was wondering about that. I'd assumed it would be two but the show sort of implied that it might just be one. It's all a bit vague.

Have yet to listen to the album, any impressions?

I've only listened to Hug Me, Hey Baby (with Zion.T), Give It To Me(with Jay Park and Simon D) and Whatever You Do(with Gray) and it's pretty good. I'm gonna go through the album in a bit though so I should have some impressions up.

So far though, the only criticism I can give it, that's blatantly obvious is that, this is another typical Amoeba Culture production. I don't personally consider that a bad thing, but some might.

llehuty

I was wondering about that. I'd assumed it would be two but the show sort of implied that it might just be one. It's all a bit vague.

There's mixed information everywhere, I've seen articles referencing that only one makes it and other ones that say that it's 2 of them. I'm going to start watching today but I'm pleased with how the votes are going just by the teasers alone.

Dice

Probably due to license exclusivity tie ups for the American collabs.

Nice production as expected, and some unexpected styles coming out that are novel, but the album is overall lacking in tunes. So if you just set it to play through, it gets a bit tiresome, and you probably won't have songs coming back to you, but you'll remember "then there was this song that was like this style" and wouldn't be able to repeat it for anyone. So I'd say Taeyang's is actually quite a bit more fun despite being more "safe" rolling more pop than hip-hop roots, both for chillin out to and jammin on the go. Scratching that "underground" itch may get you cred in the scene, but only goes so far without tunes to carry it out on the street, so I want to like it more than I do.

So I'd say Taeyang's is actually quite a bit more fun despite being more "safe" rolling more pop than hip-hop roots, both for chillin out to and jammin on the go. Scratching that "underground" itch may get you cred in the scene, but only goes so far without tunes to carry it out on the street, so I want to like it more than I do.

I disagree. I think it's because I find this style of music right up my alley, but I find myself chilling and jamming out more on Crush's album than YB's.

Then again, I did have really high expectations for Rise. I was expecting a Solar 2.0 but that obviously wasn't the case so I'm a little disappointed.

That said I do agree with your complaints about the album, the only tracks that really caught my ear are Sometimes, Hug Me, Whatever You Do, and that song with Choiza in it.

Sometimes already came out a while back, Hug Me is great... the beat is killer, Crush's vocals are on point and Gaeko's flow is great as always. Whatever You Do and and the Choiza track are just groovy so they're cool. A Little Bit and Track 7 are my surprises off the album, they're decent songs but the way it emulates American R&B is fantastic. I keep expecting Jay-Z or Yeezus to pop up and do a line but it never happens lol.

Top Bottom