• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

Bqf947jCMAES8xl.jpg

SNSD need new CFs
BqgIlxWIIAA3cFB.jpg

AOA Short Hair practice + MV making
AOA 단발머리 안무영상 (Ver. Full)
AOA 단발머리 안무영상 (Ver. Eye Contact)
AOA 단발머리 안무영상 (Ver. Mirror)
AOA 단발머리 MV 메이킹
I thought it was a glitch in the original MV. But around 1:40 in those practice vids they all have it. What's with that.

TheChits

some fans (LOL) dont deserve this beautiful goddess... shame she even apologized..
Some pretty sad threads in OH lol people are crazy... I was takin back for like 5 minutes...... but as long a tae is happy with him I'm good... The girl is in her prime let her have some fun... Tae likes'em yung :p me too :D

TAEYEON FOR LIFE.... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

<3

Ym1r

Did people exotics really go out and buy oreos just to break them?

Anyway, her apology, better safe than sorry I guess. I'm pretty sure I saw more positive comments coming from sones than anything. Exotics on the other hand...

AReed

Glad I got IP banned from OH. I'm really glad it was Baekhyun because they seem to have the same dorky and immature personality
so I know no funny business will go on

edit: fcking LOL at the oreos

Sevarus

The difference in reactions from K-Sones and I-Sones is fascinating. I-Sones are pretty supportive, but K-Sones are pissed. And not because she's dating, it's apparently because of how careless she was in getting caught and the fact that she used her Instagram to flirt with him. It'll be interesting to see how this all turns out.

Pendulum

The difference in reactions from K-Sones and I-Sones is fascinating. I-Sones are pretty supportive, but K-Sones are pissed. And not because she's dating, it's apparently because of how careless she was in getting caught and the fact that she used her Instagram to flirt with him. It'll be interesting to see how this all turns out.

Yup. Quote from one of the fans:
We're not mad that you weren't careful enough. We're angry because we firmly believed that you were making memories with us [on your instagram], and you even said yourself so that we would believe it...&#12636; we're angry that you don't see us as fans any more, but as playthings to make your relationship feel more thrilling&#12636;&#12636;&#12636;

On the other side, Exo fans mad at Baekhyun because they're crazy and that he had previously said that he won't date until 35. But mostly because they're crazy. Some Suho fans are also trying to shame Baekhyun for bringing this "scandal" onto Exo (Suho being a trainee for 7 years, Baekhyun for 1, and therefore in their mind being more dedicated to being an idol).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
and the fact that she used her Instagram to flirt with him.
Because they thought the instagram was only messages for them, and therefore when it was revealed she was "cheating on" them, her instagrams for him were obviously also to mock them maliciously. #deluluwave

Eldren

lmao k-pop fans are a mess (present company excluded, of course.) The people who are insulting her are losing their minds over a woman who they'll never meet and who doesn't even know they exist. They need to get a grip and grow up. It's two adults in a consensual romantic relationship, it's not something worth destroying oreos over (what a senseless waste of perfectly good oreos.)

Interesting to see how people are reacting on twitter. The so-called "famous sones" were all extremely upset and acting out as expected, and yet they were the ones who dragged the hell out of Tiffany and Nichkhun when they were revealed to be dating; they threw all kinds of insults at those two, about being attention seekers and all this other crap, and now they're crying foul at the Exo fans insulting Taeyeon. Nice little hypocrites they are.

Meanwhile, here's how one of the other members is reacting to this sudden dramatic turn of events:

Hyoyeon said:
10475005_343693975779656_462229986_n.jpg

&#51665;&#47141; &#54840;&#54840;! #&#54140; #1000pieces #Onepiece

The queen remains unbothered &#128133;

-----

Oh wait, I meant to say Short Hair is pretty good. It's nice, it's catchy, the choreo is decent, the members look good, but Bravesound really needs to freshen up his production.

ev0

lmao k-pop fans are a mess (present company excluded, of course.) The people who are insulting her are losing their minds over a woman who they'll never meet and who doesn't even know they exist. They need to get a grip and grow up. It's two adults in a consensual romantic relationship, it's not something worth destroying oreos over (what a senseless waste of perfectly good oreos.)

Meanwhile, here's how one of the other members is reacting to this sudden dramatic turn of events:

The queen remains unbothered &#128133;

-----

You're being way too reasonable!

Also love One Piece. Hyo respect up x1000 haha.

Interesting week in K-Pop...

I agree that the Mamamoo's debut was a little underwhelming, but that's what happens when your pre-debut is killer. Mr. Ambiguous is still a pretty good song though.

Also was Bumkey's new song posted? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2elhD-JEqr8 Boring at first, but that chorus... man. Dude can sing me to sleep and it wouldn't be gay at all.

Now to the main news...

TaenyShipTitantic-575x358.jpg

Glad to know I was wrong about Taeng being gay. The reactions are indeed funny and is completely expected knowing how both fanbases are.

I think the funniest thing about this scandal is that pic when they were "making out" with the top down. The tinfoil hat in me thinks this is a conspiracy theory coz you never do that... it's like they wanted this whole thing to be known.

Beyond that, I just bought a semi-industrial paper shredder that can cut cards as well. Feel free to mail me your SONE cards and I'll make sure to shred it well you won't even know it exists anymore.

Why? Who cares if she is gay or not?

Lol. Lighten up, it's a joke... look at the pic above. TaeNy? Taeyeon and Tiffany? The mythical TaengSic? Taeyeon and Jessica? Two girls... lesbians? Do I need to point out the obvious a lot more?

Besides, it's been suspected that she's gay for a looooooooooong ass time now since, in her words, she has troubles getting into relationships with the opposite sex. She was on some show recently where she mentions something along those lines and IIRC there was a discussion even here on GAF about that.

Broank

some fans (LOL) dont deserve this beautiful goddess... shame she even apologized..
Some pretty sad threads in OH lol people are crazy... I was takin back for like 5 minutes...... but as long a tae is happy with him I'm good... The girl is in her prime let her have some fun... Tae likes'em yung :p me too :D

TAEYEON FOR LIFE.... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

My man.

K sones need to fuck off and stop trying to make her feel like shit and apologise. She interacted with fans thousands upon thousands of times the last year on istagram in posts and comments. It's given us a window and kept fans happy with the inactivity on variety shows and promotions. Who cares if she put in a friends nickname in a a couple post or whatever (and I would argue the circumstances of those, the oreo one being maybe a kind of 'warning' since she probably already knew it was going to be revealed, one was months before they supposedly started dating and the pikachu thing was him responding to her). Nobody cared when it was Taeny or busting Sunny, Yuri, Sooyoung or Hyoyeon's chops.

AReed

She could still be gay. I mean, Baekhyun IS pretty feminine.

I feel like SM has photos of every soshi member dating, just waiting for the right time to bring them to the public for certain situations. "Kris' lawsuit, Baekhyun underage drinking, tax evasion? Better give the go ahead to Dispatch and publish dating photos to mask the shady stuff."

And I bet the girls are in on it too. Taeyeon laughing directly at the camera person and Baek shining his phone light on his face. Car roof down for a "kiss". Come on.

Pendulum

Durex condoms supports Taeyeon x Baekhyun.

The Korean twitter account, @durexmania, posted something I originally thought was fake (as it was not there when I looked):
"Korean media Dispatch disclosed a dating scandal between Taeyeon and Baekhyun of SM's two representative idol groups, Girls' Generation and EXO. Congratulations to their love! We Durex will support them!!"
CTFFRCq.jpg
(Adding the picture of them in the car is icing on the cake)

I now see the follow up tweet which says:

"We wrote a post supporting Taeyeon and Baekhyun's love. As idols getting public attention, it would not be easy to love. Durex supports all kinds of love. However, we found out that this support could greatly hurt the fans. We apologize."

Chuckie

Lol. Lighten up, it's a joke... look at the pic above. TaeNy? Taeyeon and Tiffany? The mythical TaengSic? Taeyeon and Jessica? Two girls... lesbians? Do I need to point out the obvious a lot more?

I had no idea what Taeny meant, so I had no idea you were joking.
I am not really into K-Pop so that's why I was clueless ;)

Cuddler

How can they care that much
Loneliness? Where you have no one that you care about in your life or when you have no one that care about you, you can become overly affectionate with someone that gives you the impression to care about you and that he/she cares about what you do for him/her.

Also was Bumkey's new song posted? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2elhD-JEqr8 Boring at first, but that chorus... man. Dude can sing me to sleep and it wouldn't be gay at all.
If you are in Korea you can even sleep with him and it wouldn't considered gay, lol. But he's married now so I'm not sure how that work, lol.

isuzu

Baekhyun? Seriously? and she wasn't even coerced?

damn, Taeyeon, your taste in men is the worst I've ever seen. Leeteuk and now the racist unfunny little shit?

just

ew

Lol I'm super creeped out by the reactions and honestly super scared for their safety after the whole AKB thing the other month, though that guy was not a fan, just a lunatic apparently, but that makes me even more worried! I'm just a worry wort I guess.

Either way, the whole thing is both creepy and amazingly funny. Like what do these "fans" expect. They are human after all. I can understand from a manager point of view why they don't want dating, since its all about the $$$ but that reason is not conveyed to the die hard fans who from from what I can tell... don't want them to date... but don't want them to date not because they want to date them... but because they do not... wait I seriously don't know why hardcore fans take it so serious. Not matter how many times I think it through I don't understand.

Oh well.

Besides telling some of these people they cannot date when they are rolling around 30... contract be damned I'm getting laid.

Fafnir

So worst outcome for the sane Soshi fans is that we might not see the TTS album release this year, a full Soshi album possibly not till 2016, and Taeyeon won't be on variety for even longer.

The fan artists seem to be the most pissed so we may not see these cute Taengoo drawings ever again.
4JsH7Zg.jpg

Meanwhile f(x) might get a push this year. Sulli should be thanking her dorm unnie.
bmY3g13.jpg

Niks

I absolutely dont condone what ksones are doing (love ty)... but common, she had to know this was coming right? I mean, Taeyeon was the closest member to fans, so the instagram thing, seemed to push most over the edge (of sanity).

Ah, to think all this could have been prevented by being open and upfront with her fans...(common sense where are you). this is more of a problem with Kpop in general.

magenta

I blame both the fans and SM for their careful construction of her PR image. In order to minimizes any controversy they made it out that she had no boyfriend to avoid the tabloids. Fans latched on that it could be possible to be with her, feeling that social media comments is some kind of substitute to real life communication (it never will be). Appealing to fanboys/girls and stoking emotions create more sales however it creates some delusional fans that live their lives vicariously through others. Same goes for Baekhyun.

To think that either one would save themselves for a fan that they have never met (and likely never will) because of their devotion is incredibly naive. It is borderline selfish because its prioritizing their own feeling without thinking about Taeyeon or Baekhyun own. They either are too young to have been in any kind of relationship or lack social skills to form one so they project themselves to their idol. Sad really.

AReed

Because they thought the instagram was only messages for them, and therefore when it was revealed she was "cheating on" them, her instagrams for him were obviously also to mock them maliciously. #deluluwave

OMJM7lH.png

Just sayin'.

And yeah, she should apologize, not because she's dating, but the way it was revealed and the previous denials she made in the last four months (ie "SNSD is all I have"). Own up to it from day one and shit wouldn't hit the fan so hard.

Broank

And yeah, she should apologize, not because she's dating, but the way it was revealed and the previous denials she made in the last four months (ie "SNSD is all I have"). Own up to it from day one and shit wouldn't hit the fan so hard.

To be fair she said that before they supposedly started dating. And heck 90% of idols are probably dating here and there and aint none of them gonna put out a statement to the press when they are in a relationship.

I always interpreted her Insagram as her way of sharing her life, whereabouts, thoughts, any little thing that comes to mind. She has 500 pictures/videos, has had countless comment section sessions where she answered questions and interacted with fans. You would also have to be pretty naive not to realize that she has alwayshad in-jokes and made posts with cryptic messages for others in her life, her family, SNSD, other friends, all way before she was ever dating Beackhyun. She is still sharing it all with fans. Only now do people get all up in arms about it saying the insta is meant for them and it is disrespectful. Plus like I said before when she posted the Oreo thing it was just a few hours before the news was released. She obviously already knew it was coming and put it out there. The other connections in posts netizens are trying to make are pretty contrived tbh.

ramyeon

The other connections in posts netizens are trying to make are pretty contrived.
Not really, they're all pretty obvious in retrospect. But it shouldn't matter, it's her life and her Instagram. She can do whatever she wants. Fans need to stop treating idols like objects and realise they're just regular people at the end of the day.

roaSone

Not really, they're all pretty obvious in retrospect. But it shouldn't matter, it's her life and her Instagram. She can do whatever she wants. Fans need to stop treating idols like objects and realise they're just regular people at the end of the day.
Unfortunately that will never happen, because idols are objects considering the Korean Industry, so nothing you can do about that.

This whole thing is worrisome to be honest, I don't have any problems with their relationship, as long as they're both happy, I'm aswell. But this girl man, Taeyeon is a strong person on the outside but she'll be destroyed in her inner side, I'm really worrying about her...

Top Bottom