• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Chesskid1

Banned
the more i think about taeyeon and baekhyun, the more my heart goes pit-a-pat, it's just so cute.

• Taeyeon and Baekhyun sneaking away at night, knowing the repercussions of getting caught, stealing forbidden kisses.
  • Leaving messages for their fans that millions of people are reading, but only the two lovers know the *real* message.
  • Taeyeon going through the motions of her schedules, while secretly daydreaming of baekhyun and thinking about the next time they can slip away together.
it's just so romantic!! hope they are together for a long time.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
See, Chess here has a reasonable response. With them dating and all those past posts, it shows that she has been posting the most genuine inner feelings she has, even when they are things that can't really be shared openly due to idol politics. The fans are pretty sick going "I can't believe you left things here for HIM when this account is for US!" rather than seeing it as her sharing a happiness she has found in her life.

broz0rs

Just randomly go to any of Taeyeon's Instagram posts and you'll now see messages about the incident. Most of the hate ones are from Korean fans. It's pretty fucked up that this beautiful Instagram account is filled with shitty messages now.

Pendulum

Speaking of Instagram - <summon llehuty>Sungah has joined Instagram</summon llehuty>

Sera is, again, not performing at today's Nine Muses appearance. No other schedule made. After the last video she made, some fans are starting to get nervous.

-----

And speaking of idols dating:
T-ara&#8217;s Ham Eun Jung confessed that she once had to be satisfied with a 1-minute date with her boyfriend, due to her busy schedules.

Eun Jung recently attended recording for JTBC&#8217;s 19-plus talk show Witch Hunt along with F-IVE Dolls&#8217; Seung Hee and openly shared some of her dating stories, surprising the MCs.

Unlike other members of girl groups, Eun Jung freely made 19-plus comments, making others say that, &#8216;she should become one of the fixed members of the show.&#8217;

When MC Shin Dong Yeop asked how she usually enjoys her dates, the T-ara member answered, &#8220;It was hard for me to set aside time for my boyfriend due to the busy schedules. So once, I even met up with my boyfriend for just one minute, before I had to leave.&#8221;

Then the MCs started making guesses on what they could possibly have done in that one minute, making the whole studio burst out laughing.
I'm guessing an actor.

-----

New Hyomin solo teasers
87987080.jpg

76402607.jpg

-----

Girl's Day are holding their first solo concert to celebrate their 4th anniversary.
Girl group Girl&#8217;s Day will be holding their first solo live concert to commemorate their 4th anniversary since debut.

On the 19th, a representative from Dream Tea Entertainment said &#8220;Girl&#8217;s Day&#8217;s first solo concert since debut &#8220;Summer Party&#8221; will be held at AX-Korea on 13th July at 4:00pm.&#8221;

Please look forward to Girl&#8217;s Day&#8217;s first solo live concert since debuting 4 years ago on 9th July 2010.

Girl&#8217;s Day will perform their hit songs such as &#8220;Twinkle Twinkle&#8221;, &#8220;Hug Me Once&#8221;, &#8220;Don&#8217;t Let Your Eyes Wander&#8221;, &#8220;Oh My God!&#8221;, &#8220;Don&#8217;t Forget Me&#8221;, &#8220;Expectation&#8221;, &#8220;Female President&#8221;, &#8220;Tell Me&#8221;, &#8220;Something&#8221; and the title track of their upcoming summer special mini album.

Dream Tea Entertainment said &#8220;The concert will be reversals after reversals with the girls constantly transforming their image.&#8221; &#8220;As ambassadors for Plan Korea, the proceeds from this concert will be donated to help teenage girls who live in developing countries.&#8221;

Girl&#8217;s Day will be releasing their 4th anniversary commemorative summer special mini album on 14th July and start promotions following their comeback.

roaSone

Nobody posted this yet? Here's BoA's new video for "MASAYUME CHASING"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0gD9jzYtEA

Can't remember the last time I heard BoA rapping, but she starts spitting rhymes around 2:28.

It says it's the "Short Ver." but at 3:41 it doesn't need to be much longer. Seems like it's the full song to me... *shrug*
With all those controversies I nearly missed the first good song of this summer! Just great and lively, all hail to The Queen.

Cuddler

I absolutely dont condone what ksones are doing (love ty)... but common, she had to know this was coming right? I mean, Taeyeon was the closest member to fans, so the instagram thing, seemed to push most over the edge (of sanity).

Ah, to think all this could have been prevented by being open and upfront with her fans...(common sense where are you). this is more of a problem with Kpop in general.
Completely agree with you, just an example...
On the other side, Exo fans mad at Baekhyun because they're crazy and that he had previously said that he won't date until 35. But mostly because they're crazy. Some Suho fans are also trying to shame Baekhyun for bringing this "scandal" onto Exo (Suho being a trainee for 7 years, Baekhyun for 1, and therefore in their mind being more dedicated to being an idol).
Maybe he was joking, but if he wasn't, that's ridiculous.
Not really, they're all pretty obvious in retrospect. But it shouldn't matter, it's her life and her Instagram. She can do whatever she wants. Fans need to stop treating idols like objects and realise they're just regular people at the end of the day.
I agree with you, and idols should stop treating their fans like stupids. How many times have your heard phrase like "my fans are the only thing I have", "I only love my fans", etc...as Niks said, is not only referred to Taeyeon and Baekhyun but to idols in general.

AReed

or everyone else could stop being so goddamn pathetic

To be fair she said that before they supposedly started dating. And heck 90% of idols are probably dating here and there and aint none of them gonna put out a statement to the press when they are in a relationship.

I always interpreted her Insagram as her way of sharing her life, whereabouts, thoughts, any little thing that comes to mind. She has 500 pictures/videos, has had countless comment section sessions where she answered questions and interacted with fans. You would also have to be pretty naive not to realize that she has alwayshad in-jokes and made posts with cryptic messages for others in her life, her family, SNSD, other friends, all way before she was ever dating Beackhyun. She is still sharing it all with fans. Only now do people get all up in arms about it saying the insta is meant for them and it is disrespectful. Plus like I said before when she posted the Oreo thing it was just a few hours before the news was released. She obviously already knew it was coming and put it out there. The other connections in posts netizens are trying to make are pretty contrived tbh.

Not really, they're all pretty obvious in retrospect. But it shouldn't matter, it's her life and her Instagram. She can do whatever she wants. Fans need to stop treating idols like objects and realise they're just regular people at the end of the day.

Partially playing devil's advocate here.

It's as much, if not more, of the idol's/Korean Entertainment Industry's fault as it is the fan's (k-fans mostly) for being this pathetic and obsessive. Like roa said, and like Mahatma Heechul has been preaching, idols tend to form a relationship with their fans that goes far past simple admiration and platonic love. This makes them become blind and irrational, believing every word the idol says (which is most likely 90% bs).

I'm not saying broadcast every detail of your life in the daily chronicle, but don't go behind the fan's backs on secret dates all the while claiming you aren't seeing anyone. Just be more real with your fans.

Am I wrong here?

roaSone

Partially playing devil's advocate here.

It's as much, if not more, of the idol's/Korean Entertainment Industry's fault as it is the fan's (k-fans mostly) for being this pathetic and obsessive. Like roa said, and like Mahatma Heechul has been preaching, idols tend to form a relationship with their fans that goes far past simple admiration and platonic love. This makes them become blind and irrational, believing every word the idol says (which is most likely 90% bs).

I'm not saying broadcast every detail of your life in the daily chronicle, but don't go behind the fan's backs on secret dates all the while claiming you aren't seeing anyone. Just be more real with your fans.

Am I wrong here?
You're definitely not wrong, but if they become too real with their fans, their company will reprimand them for doing so and also some fans will, because sometimes the truth is even more hurtful than 'lying' to fans.. Fans are so weird and thus, idol life isn't easy at all.

AReed

You're definitely not wrong, but if they become too real with their fans, their company will reprimand them for doing so and also some fans will, because sometimes the truth is even more hurtful than 'lying' to fans.. Fans are so weird and thus, idol life isn't easy at all.

The truth does hurt, but catching your idol being deceptive and shady is far worse. IMO.

Niks

The fans are pretty sick going "I can't believe you left things here for HIM when this account is for US!" rather than seeing it as her sharing a happiness she has found in her life.

Not saying you are wrong, but what is stopping her from opening a separate private account?

Eldren

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced these fans are just children. They're acting like she's a spouse who's been secretly committing adultery for months and now she's been outed. If she wants to post pictures of stuff relating to her boyfriend, why shouldn't she? If fans don't like it, don't look at it. Maybe I just don't understand the k-fans mindset.

Anyway, this is kind of interesting. I think this is an AOA fansite? They're posting videos of each member performing Short Hair, kind of like the slightly creepy eye contact dance practice, but there's one dedicated to each member, with added creepy strategic camera shots. Pretty cool.

Yuna
Hyejeong
Choa
Seolhyun
Mina
Jimin
Chanmi

Also today's Music Bank performance with not a single hideous wig in sight. Very garish outfits though.

Welp, Crisis fan site of Taeyeon closed and canceled they´re 2nd phothobook previously announced and up for preorder.

@crisis309com 6 min
&#54252;&#53664;&#48513; &#54872;&#48520;&#50640; &#44288;&#47144;&#46108; &#49324;&#54637;&#51008; &#47700;&#51064; &#52280;&#44256;&#54616;&#49492;&#49436; &#47700;&#51068;&#48372;&#45236;&#51452;&#49884;&#47732; &#46121;&#45768;&#45796;.
I decided to cancel the 2nd photobook. You may get a refund on it soon.

http://crisis309.com/

I gotta find all those pictures, don´t know if i have them all, lol.

Eldren

[Jimin voice] Hey

I wasn't sure if that was an official AOA site or a fansite but then I actually clicked on one of the links in the description and it's quite clearly a fansite. I'm a moron.

I think Taeyeon has about 25 fansites still standing, I can't imagine every single one of them will be shutting their doors any time soon. Tae fans can relax.

llehuty

Based irc said:
[14:55] <eldren> i've been listening to short hair all afternoon
[14:56] <eldren> it's really grown on me
[14:57] <uguuu> so now it's long hair

Went for the gayo's live commentary, stayed for the hnnngs and laughs.

ramyeon

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced these fans are just children.
They usually are. The primary fanbase of idol groups are kids and teenagers, and they are the ones who are obsessive and make most comments online I think you'll find.

broz0rs

Am I wrong here?

Idols need to keep their dates as secret because once it becomes known the Korean media will up their game and track them down to see where they went, what they ate, and what time they went home, if separately or if, God forbids, they went inside one of their apartments together. I'm pretty certain photographers are covertly camping outside of the EXO dorm and Taeyeon's apartment 24-7. This is the really terrible side to idol fame.

Here's an example of how ridiculous it gets for idols to plan out their dates. Look at how the reporters swarm. These are two Hallyu stars who have been dating for awhile now too.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/06/celebrity-couple-rain-and-kim-tae-hee-spotted-on-a-date

AReed

Idols need to keep their dates as secret because once it becomes known the Korean media will up their game and track them down to see where they went, what they ate, and what time they went home, if separately or if, God forbids, they went inside one of their apartments together. I'm pretty certain photographers are covertly camping outside of the EXO dorm and Taeyeon's apartment 24-7. This is the really terrible side to idol fame.

Here's an example of how ridiculous it gets for idols to plan out their dates. Look at how the reporters swarm. These are two Hallyu stars who have been dating for awhile now too.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/06/celebrity-couple-rain-and-kim-tae-hee-spotted-on-a-date

That's your idea of ridiculous? That was nothing compared to the paparazzi in the States. I'd much rather idols do this than sneak around on private dates while denying any relationships, then they get found out and all hell breaks loose.

Pendulum

It's not like SNSD didn't do cheerleader and stewardess concepts too. Or are people just making a controversy out of AOA because they're sexier in the outfits &#12619;

Am I missing something? Thought your comment was out of the blue, that's all. Hadn't read anything about AOA controversy.

Edit: I see now.

*ahem*

I think this is petty. I saw their stage and nothing was erotic about it. Plenty of other girl groups have used career uniforms as concepts like cheerleading, etc. By that logic, isn't a woman in a uniform being kissed in a movie sexualizing her career as well? People blame girl groups for everything.

A-Pink Eunji & Shin Bora - media presser '&#53944;&#47196;&#53944;&#51032; &#50672;&#51064;' &#51228;&#51089;&#48156;&#54364;&#54924;

[bnt video] Making of Trot Singer Hong Jin Young's Pictorial Shooting

AoA needs a new choreographer... and producers... and stylists... and...

"Hello" has flashes, but is ultimately underwhelming. Hopefully, there's a quick re-package with material more befitting their talent, or some kind of media project to showcase the members.

Still, it's nice when members can actually sing and there isn't any dead weight, like with most groups:

Mamamoo Mr.Ambiguous Dance Practice Performance (Mnet) - &#47560;&#47560;&#47924; Mamamoo Mr.&#50528;&#47588;&#47784;&#54840; &#50504;&#47924;&#50672;&#49845;&#50689;&#49345;

140620 &#48036;&#51649;&#48197;&#53356; &#47560;&#47560;&#47924; Mr&#50528;&#47588;&#47784;&#54840; MAMAMOO Mr.Ambiguous @ MusicBank

[MR Removed] MAMAMOO - Mr.&#50528;&#47588;&#47784;&#54840; (Mr. Ambiguous)
Mnet [&#50656;&#52852;&#50868;&#53944;&#45796;&#50868;] Ep.381 : &#47560;&#47560;&#47924;(MAMAMOO) - Mr.&#50528;&#47588;&#47784;&#54840;(Mr. Ambiguous) @M COUNTDOWN_140619

The truth does hurt, but catching your idol being deceptive and shady is far worse. IMO.
Not saying you are wrong, but what is stopping her from opening a separate private account?
I don't understand either of these posts. She isn't obligated to do any of the things being proposed, any more than she's obligated to discuss her sexuality, sex life, family, finances and other personal matters.

AReed

·feist·;117517718 said:
I don't understand either of these posts. She isn't obligated to do any of the things being proposed, any more than she's obligated to discuss her sexuality, sex life, family, finances and other personal matters.

The only obligation she has is upholding her contractual agreements with SM. Those were mere suggestions.

All I was saying was to have some mutual respect for your fans. Most rational people are only upset by the way things were revealed. And by looking back at things that were said and done during the relationship, the deception became clear. This is what hurt fans, imo.

She doesn't have to mention she's dating to the public, but don't go on about how you have no friends, no boyfriend, and are lonely when in reality you have many friends and a boyfriend.

edit: Girls' Generation mentioned briefly in Yahoo article on Seoul Plastic Surgery .

luso

The only obligation she has is upholding her contractual agreements with SM. Those were mere suggestions.

All I was saying was to have some mutual respect for your fans. Most rational people are only upset by the way things were revealed. And by looking back at things that were said and done during the relationship, the deception became clear. This is what hurt fans, imo.

She doesn't have to mention she's dating to the public, but don't go on about how you have no friends, no boyfriend, and are lonely when in reality you have many friends and a boyfriend.

edit: Girls' Generation mentioned briefly in Yahoo article on Seoul Plastic Surgery .

Harsh days...

The fact she's dating someone from within SM says something. Other members themselves said she stayed at home too much time, at least during "depression" times. I can see the reason why her, without being much an outgoing person, was much more attached to people within her circle of acquaintances.
I just want this to end well for her and SNSD, some marks will be left but hopefully the drama ends.

Eldren

I think most rational people don't give a shit that two twentysomething adults are in a relationship.

Hey
AOA - Fantasy, Show Music core 20140621
AOA - Short Hair, &#50640;&#51060;&#50724;&#50640;&#51060; - &#45800;&#48156;&#47672;&#47532;, Show Music core 20140621

Honestly, even though the sound and choreography is getting a little stale at this point, I've really come around to Short Hair, I like it a lot.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Jiyeon is wrapping up promotions. Source
A Core Contents Media rep revealed through Star News on the 21st, "Jiyeon will conclude her promotions for solo song '1MIN 1SEC' with the recording of SBS MTV's 'The Show: All About K-POP' on the 22nd." The scheduled air date for this episode is the 24th.

Jiyeon also expressed, "It feels like just yesterday that I was shaking in nervous excitement, but I am already awaiting my final broadcast for '1MIN 1SEC'... I am really thankful for the great interest and support... I will also return to the stage as T-ara... Please show a lot of love for Hyomin unni's solo song 'NICE BODY' which will be released soon."
---
Hyomin for Arena Homme +: said:

No No Eul

peru.. you got some splainin to do breh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e089x6ba1Zo

why didn't you post this here? max linked it to me!

this doesn't count http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110783626&postcount=3525

I've now been listening to this on repeat for the last four days, with the occasional foray into the rest of the album. It's so damn good.
I still think the saxophone parts are terrible though.

LTTP but holy shit! Amazing. What a boss you are, Kim Taeyeon. Shame about the backlash but it's sadly inevitable I guess.

On a related note, its nice to see SM being reasonably honest about Soshi's various dating revelations, although I suppose they haven't got much choice in the face of all the evidence. Still, at least they're not adding fuel to the delusional fire by trying to pretend there's nothing going on.

This is the first AOA tune that I actually like. Far, far better than any of their previous efforts IMO.

T-ara’s Ham Eun Jung confessed that she once had to be satisfied with a 1-minute date with her boyfriend, due to her busy schedules.

She got a whole minute off? KKS needs to step up his game.

Soompi said:
Girls’ Generation’s Hyoyeon Quizzes Jessica and Tiffany on their Dating Psychology

...Hyoyeon chimed in, “Well, if you haven’t tried dating at this age, you’re stupid.”

The Queen hath spoken.

Dahye said:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Eunjung also talked about her lovemaking style
heh

5. [+134, -20] Can't believe this is being said on broadcast &#12619;&#12619; Koreans were never so open minded on sexual topics. I get that we should respect Western culture but why are we following them instead of maintaining our own culture? At this rate, they're going to be asking stars their favorite sex positions on TV.
your own culture of denial?

Top Bottom