• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Slowdive

Banned
Yukari comparisons are pretty apt, they're all pretty involved in the same scene with the WATMM shows and whatnot. Been meaning to revisit this mini for awhile, I was actually thinking of buying the LP press of it but turned out shipping was way too high. Love how ambient it is, the whole thing really flows into what feels like one long track, it's really cool. Should have revisited this EP a long time ago!

If you haven't already you should check out their WATMM set:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hfsUTKKHZc

Heh I thought you'd be into them. I've already seen that video. :) Yeah the vinyl was too much for me too. They're limited though so I might have to get one soon.

140345298572k4p.jpg

The vocalist of indie rock band Siberian Husky Yoo Soo Yeon passed away on the 22nd, she committed suicide. Really sad news, the band had a lot of promise and I really loved their energy... she was also a friend of a close friend of mine. Reports are saying she was suffering from depression.

Music video for Hello Betty from their 2013 album "Odd Eyes".

Rest in peace.

I'm sorry to hear that.

RIP

ramyeon

Heh I thought you'd be into them. I've already seen that video. :) Yeah the vinyl was too much for me too. They're limited though so I might have to get one soon.
Yeah I may jump on it if I get some funds in to pay for it, really wanted the 3rd Line Butterfly Dreamtalk LP rerelease as well but it's going for ~$100 now :(

Not all bad news today, Oh Hee Jung has put out a remix EP featuring some pretty great artists doing remixes of her recent EP (Including Yukari, TAFKA Buddah, Palpal and more). Definitely worth checking out, some of the songs feel completely different from the originals:

https://ohheejung.bandcamp.com

Pendulum

I am sorry to hear that, ramyeon. I hope your friend is doing ok.

----

I had already prepared myself for this...

Sera is, again, not performing at today's Nine Muses appearance. No other schedule made. After the last video she made, some fans are starting to get nervous.

+ her recent history of tweeting then quickly deleting the tweets (which I took to mean that she was uncomfortable with something)...

...but it still really sucks to hear the news. She's going to be greatly missed from 9Muses, but I hope she'll continue to sing for a career in some way. Main vocalist and the unofficial leader, this'll of course impact the group more than Eunji/Lee Sem so I'm no longer holding unrealistic lofty hopes for the upcoming comeback, and hope that the fandom that 9Muses does actually have doesn't blow up in the meantime.

Confirms the thought that their agency is turning 9Muses into a "graduation" (ie prolong through a number of lineup changes) group like Jewelry.

----

eiWathv.jpg

Welp, Nine Muses is screwed. Sera WAS the group, like someone else said.

If we get more Ryutube though, I don't really care. Sera seems happy interacting with people that way anyway and she's not getting fucked with by management like what was going on in the 9M documentary. Team Sera all the way.

luso

Condolences, ramyeon.

Sera, the only name vs face I knew in 9 Muses leaving!?
Too bad for them, I didn't followed them but it sucks, they may have lost their soul. My feelings for her/them fans.

Hyomin doing that fat IU in Dream High impersonation?

broz0rs

why the RIP? Sera leaving 9 Muses is something she had to want for herself so she can have a better future. The easy thing to do was to resign with them and continue to be in a B tier idol group. There's an excellent chance she'll sign with a better agency. Her RYUTUBE clips have shown fans how talented she really is.

------

857981415.jpg

The forever awesome Jo Kwon

No No Eul

For all you American (and UK etc) Perfume fans, they're coming to your country http://www.perfume-web.jp/cam/WORLD/

Awesome. I best start saving up some money.

Yeah, I've been reading that blog for a while and I could describe it as K-pop gaf meets popgaf. It's hilarious.

Some of the things that guy comes up with...

Arcadey is hilarious.

His piece about Sera leaving is well up to standard.
The 26-year-old Canadian-Korean, who is officially known as ‘The Jewel of Canada,’ ‘Toronto’s Angel,’ and ‘The Maple Leaf of Love & Light’ back in The Great White North, hasn’t announced her future plans just yet, but Star Empire has confirmed that a new member will take her place in the Six Muses.

—

Yoon-G looking utterly gorgeous. (Edit: Fiddle's got some lovely HQ versions - 1 2 3)

Eipingkeu subunit inbound.

So it'll be Bomi and...? I'm gonna put my money on dark horse Namjoo.

Slowdive

Banned
Yeah I may jump on it if I get some funds in to pay for it, really wanted the 3rd Line Butterfly Dreamtalk LP rerelease as well but it's going for ~$100 now :(

Not all bad news today, Oh Hee Jung has put out a remix EP featuring some pretty great artists doing remixes of her recent EP (Including Yukari, TAFKA Buddah, Palpal and more). Definitely worth checking out, some of the songs feel completely different from the originals:

https://ohheejung.bandcamp.com

Nice, just listened to it and there's some good remixes on there.

For all you American (and UK etc) Perfume fans, they're coming to your country http://www.perfume-web.jp/cam/WORLD/

I'll be going to the London gig again for sure.

Pendulum

Bomi, Namjoo, and Naeun. What they are going to do with that mix that deviates from standard Apinkeu, I have no idea.

I'm thinking "electro-dance-cute" like Orange Caramel and Rainbow Pixie. Yeah, I just can't see them doing something wildly different - hip hop/sexed up/vocal ballad - as a subunit.

Edit: That wouldn't go down too badly in Japan either, which they are working on entering.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm thinking "electro-dance-cute" like Orange Caramel and Rainbow Pixie. Yeah, I just can't see them doing something wildly different - hip hop/sexed up/vocal ballad - as a subunit.
I want more sexy r&b/hiphop with rongie/bomi/hayoung.

No No Eul

Baby KARA 4th round (spoiler for those watching) -
So Min won the round, and is now leading overall - http://www.dspkara.com/Korean/05_vote_reselt.jsp#

Excellent.
Dat 3% advantage.

Bomi, Namjoo, and Naeun. What they are going to do with that mix that deviates from standard Apinkeu, I have no idea.

Oh it's all three of them. It'd be great if they went for something completely out of left field.

I'm thinking "electro-cute" like Orange Caramel and Rainbow Pixie. Yeah, I just can't see them doing something wildly different - hip hop/sexed up/vocal ballad - as a subunit.

What if they did tho. Yeah... probably not going to happen is it.

Pendulum

I want more sexy r&b/hiphop with rongie/bomi/hayoung.

I'm with you there. I've long asked for the day when the cute image is ditched (well, grown out of, à la SNSD). But I don't see it happening with that subunit - bring on Manager Dice and his subunit.

Pendulum

Currently doing the rounds - apparently someone got a hold of Choiza's wallet.
That photobooth picture...
If you really wanted to prove it, why not take a picture of the license too?

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Everybody's Dating

Edit: Rotated the picture because fuck my neck.

Cuddler

140345298572k4p.jpg

The vocalist of indie rock band Siberian Husky Yoo Soo Yeon passed away on the 22nd, she committed suicide. Really sad news, the band had a lot of promise and I really loved their energy... she was also a friend of a close friend of mine. Reports are saying she was suffering from depression.

Music video for Hello Betty from their 2013 album "Odd Eyes".

Rest in peace.

RIP, condolences, ramyeon. Depression is really terrible.

Broank

Wonder if SM will finally confirm it. People actually seem positive based on netizens comments.

Meanwhile still delusional morons in other cases.

Taeyeon spotted for the first time at the airport following dating scandal
2YZFt4g.jpg

1. [+9,969, -855] Where did you leave your bracelet? You always had it on ㅋㅋㅋ You were desperate to make everything obvious but I guess you took it off now that your goal has been accomplished!

2. [+8,106, -1,254] She looks so shameless as if nothing happened... If only you were like the other members who didn't make it so obvious! So desperate to tell everyone that you were openly dating on a platform created for your fans, kissing him in your open car. I cannot for the life of me understand you. I don't even want to see an inch of you.

3. [+7,104, -853] Where is she returning from? Her honeymoon trip? Where they went kyahing kyahing and fed each other oreos? ㅋㅋ Why does her face look so awkwardly puffy? Is it photoshop or plastic surgery?

Eldren

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, ramyeon. My condolences.

-----

Disappointing news about Sera but it's perhaps not entirely surprising looking at how active she's been on Ryutube lately. I wonder if she'll strike out on her own and try to start a solo career, that'd be interesting. Kinda nervous about 9 7 6 soon-to-be 7 Muses' comeback now though. Hyuna, Sungah and Kyungri were all new members and they're my 3 favourites, so maybe adding a new member won't be the end of the world, but I'm worried that they've just lost that spark they used to have. Hopefully they'll come back strong.

Pendulum

Amoeba Culture has confirmed that the wallet is Choiza's.
"After checking up on it, the wallet in the picture uploaded online is indeed the wallet Choiza had lost. However, the pictures inside the wallet are a matter of the artist's private life, so we have nothing to say on that matter.

However, we will not remain indifferent to the fact that the picture was revealed and the artist's personal life was circulated."

luso

What's on Milwaukee? There's no GAF there.

Crayon Pop will be arriving at the General Mitchell International Airport (Milwaukee) on June 25, 1:45PM, Gate C10!

The flight they’re taking is AA2632 from Chicago. There were no direct flights from Korea to Milwaukee, so they took the direct flight to Chicago, then flying to Milwaukee!

Pendulum

Running Man 201 -
Another half bunch of useless idols. Minho and Chansung carried them as much as they could, and Bora was fine too. I'd like to see one match up against the Running Man members with a full team of competent idols.

LowerLevel

Running Man 201 -
Another half bunch of useless idols. Minho and Chansung carried them as much as they could, and Bora was fine too. I'd like to see one match up against the Running Man members with a full team of competent idols.

I'd want to see that too, basically the only time that happened was when Shinwa came on, was so serious Mongji basically sat out the entire episode lol.

and omgzy f(x) finally~

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Dating Generation.

About Sulli new old scandal.

@oniontaker 21 min
Sorry I haven't been checking twitter. News about Sulli got published today, right? To divert attention from Tae/Bacon?

@oniontaker 19 min
That's why I said fx the sacrifice. I'm bitter about it. What's more it didn't even work.

Top Bottom