• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

Geez, all that makeup residue left on his shirt.

Worth it.

tumblr_mnw1iinMbC1rp1mhwo2_500.gif

xaosslug

so I was bored and just checking out allkpop and I came across Crayon Pop... are they the 'next big thing'? They just seem like such stupid, gimmicky, infectious FUN. :D I can actually seeing them crossing over to the US like Psy did, even.

Pendulum

so I was bored and just checking out allkpop and I came across Crayon Pop... are they the 'next big thing'? They just seem like such stupid, gimmicky, infectious FUN. :D I can actually seeing them crossing over to the US like Psy did, even.

No. Although Crayon Pop have more exposure in the eyes of the mainstream (i.e. non-K-Pop fans) West than other Korean acts at the moment, all it has amounted to thus far is a few "Oh, those wacky Koreans" reports in a long line of "Oh, those wacky Asians" news stories that constantly pop up over the years. 2 months on, and the 빠빠빠 MV is "only" just shy of 3.5 million views - certainly great for Crayon Pop, but nowhere near what gave Psy his launch into US/Europe/etc (for comparison, f(x)'s Rum Pum Pum MV, released 1 month later, has 9.8 million views on YouTube if we choose to accept that as an indicator of what's popular for music videos in the West). There's no critical mass pushing Crayon Pop forward - just a Ilbe wave and a novel concept that'll likely wane in the eyes of both western and Korean fans over the next couple of weeks.

Peru

It took a period of Korean success before the PSY video blew up. Crayon Pop is here to stay.

some sideline truthball industry observations from evia. ofc she has something to say with recent years\ label issues

Hwang Jung Min you did a good job but the first song is meh
Your labored breathing is still the same but your attempt is respect

lolz

Some assholes report to the police over the disses fuck that
You cry to the police?
When did hip hop become
A fighting ground between cowards
You say that and then say peace one love?
Ridiculous words are shameful
Some kids jump onto the bandwagon and yell
All you uninformed brats fuck yourselves fuck ya

lolz

anyway all on point as always

llehuty

No. Although Crayon Pop have more exposure in the eyes of the mainstream (i.e. non-K-Pop fans) West than other Korean acts at the moment, all it has amounted to thus far is a few "Oh, those wacky Koreans" reports in a long line of "Oh, those wacky Asians" news stories that constantly pop up over the years. 2 months on, and the 빠빠빠 MV is "only" just shy of 3.5 million views - certainly great for Crayon Pop, but nowhere near what gave Psy his launch into US/Europe/etc (for comparison, f(x)'s Rum Pum Pum MV, released 1 month later, has 9.8 million views on YouTube if we choose to accept that as an indicator of what's popular for music videos in the West). There's no critical mass pushing Crayon Pop forward - just a Ilbe wave and a novel concept that'll likely wane in the eyes of both western and Korean fans over the next couple of weeks.

Just in time for the new Psy release.

______

tumblr_ms3lea3fd81qk12q0o1_1280.jpg

@_@

tumblr_ms3bm76yqx1qkljdfo1_1280.jpg

@_____________________________@

Dead forever.

Broank

lol That's random and seems kinda pointless. I guess it's kind of a low risk way of getting out there without going full on JYP/WG. Lead up to a SNSD single later on or something. Hopefully there is at least some new songs and not just token Twinkle Baby Steps english versions.

Also for the love of god don't use that same album art.

After School Japanese single I like. Better than First Love. Seungri's is a bit meh, his other solo stuff was better. Kara looks promising although not sure about some of that prince valiant hair.

kingkitty

A TTS english album? lol I hope Taeyeon took some classes.

I wonder what style they'll go for, if it's an American release they should do a dubstep collaboration with Chris Brown. Actually any rapper will do. Missy Elliot? Ja Rule?

Peru

Taeyeon saying no, that album story is untrue. Soshified deleted it.. but I doubt Soshified would go out with something like that for no reason.

No No Eul

The original tweet for anyone else who's wondering what on earth this is all about:

The internet is littered with deleted news stories but the article on Omona is still up. They claim that the English version of Twinkle was actually played at Soshified's booth.

tumblr_mrwu1fkY4T1qanpgto1_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mrwu1fkY4T1qanpgto2_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mrwu1fkY4T1qanpgto3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mrwu1fkY4T1qanpgto4_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mrwu1fkY4T1qanpgto5_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mrwu1fkY4T1qanpgto6_r1_250.gif

f(x) guerilla date eng sub exists

luso

Taeyeon saying no, that album story is untrue. Soshified deleted it.. but I doubt Soshified would go out with something like that for no reason.

Tweet appears to be deleted.

Earlier this year Tiffany said there would be a new SNSD album and TTS comeback this year.

Some weeks ago in some newer interview only the album was more or less confirmed and TTS would be next year.
Would be strange all the suddenly to swap the comebacks, even for SM.

Even if I'm not fanboying, I really want to see Kara in this comeback.

According to sources, Seohyun has been cast in the upcoming SBS weekend drama, “Passionate Love”, for the role of Han Yurim, the first love of the drama’s male lead, Kang Mooyeol.

Han Yurim, the character Seohyun will be playing, is a popular veterinary science university student with a smart brain, neat facial appearance, and warm heart. The male lead, a high school student, falls in love at first sight when he sees her and poses as a college student in order to date her. Eventually she becomes his star-crossed first love.

Seohyun previously made a cameo appearance along with the other members of Girls’ Generation in the 2008 KBS 2TV sitcom, “Unstoppable Marriage”, which featured members Yuri and Sooyoung as part of the regular cast. However, this is the first time Seohyun will be acting in a drama.

Seohyun’s character, Han Yurim, will appear in the first four episodes, but she will be a character who influences the overall flow of the story. Seohyun has garnered attention as to whether she will be able to prove her potential as an actress through her first acting attempt in this drama.

“Passionate Love” is a human-melodrama that draws out the story of a man and woman from two families who are tangled in tragedy. The two leads are planning on showing life’s emotions through the various people around them, success, and ruins. The drama will air in October after “Wonderful Mama” ends.
(From soshified)

One more to have a acted kiss, three to go.

Ico

Very enchanting. I think I prefer Natsukawas version to the original. I'm curious, what genre of music does this fall under?

Glad you liked it. Both Nada sou sou and Shima Uta are written in Okinawan dialect and Natsukawa is from Okinawa. Earlier you mentioned that Nada sou sou reminded you of a song from Final Fantasy. Any chance the song you're thinking of is Suteki da ne. Rikki, the singer of that song, is a folk singer from Amami Oshima, an island near Okinawa, so her singing style might be the similarity you're detecting.

Pendulum

Hell yes.

Running Man Ep 162
Filmed August 26 (And some other date)
Broadcast September 8

Idol Chuseok Special
Guests:
Infinite: Sunggyu, L
A Pink: Eunji, Naeun
Sistar: Dasom, Hyorin
Beast: Doojoon, Kikwang
Girl's Day: Minah, Yura
2PM: Wooyoung, Chansung
Mblaq: Lee Joon, Seungho

Teams:
Jae Suk + Girl's Day
Jong Kook + Sistar
Suk Jin + 2PM
Haha + Infinite
Gary + A Pink
Ji Hyo + Beast
Kwang Soo + Mblaq

tumblr_ms4ya4Bfo71sb7ayho1_400.jpg

ryan-ts

Feels like All Right only came out a couple weeks ago, nice to see another single though. When they said she was born in 94' on Running Man I couldn't believe it, she seemed so much older.

Speaking of Running Man, the ending of 159 is like the ultimate Monday Couple moment, just about lost my shit.

I see you more as Gain and Jo Kwon
Yes!

Hell yes.

Girl's Day and A Pink have finally made it. I hope they partner up one by one, first with the girl groups and then crush the dreams of Ji Suk Jin, Haha and Kwang Soo right after.

Pendulum

Taeyeon on the TTS English album rumour said:
Taeyeon_1377527075_2013086_comments.jpg

What are you talking about, everyone ㅜ Even I don't know about this.

Everyone, you haven't heard about our albums in a while, huh ^^ I think that's why rumors are going around... Sorry, we'll come back soon with a great album ^^

TaeTiSeo's English album... even when I hear about it, I feel pretty excited. Haha, everyone!! We're working hard on our album today, too! I want to give you guys more detailed spoilers, but I'll get scolded kekeke. Wait a little, just a little more, Sone. Sorry I made you wait ㅜ and thanks ㅜ

Top Bottom