• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

(._.)

Banned
Lucky Aussies
2upxavx.jpg

I wonder if they'll do some album tracks.

BAHAHA @ THAT TICKET PRICE

fucking bastards hope nobody goes

JKTrix

This guy was the one that started the false TTS rumor by acting like a SM staff member at KCON. Sounds like he was trying to pull off a casting couch with SONEs as well. Height is not even spelled correctly...5'4" troll LOL
yz70sZG.png

This guy came up in the chat before. Has a facebook page where he claims to be an SM employee and 'has conversations' with the girls on facebook. Clearly, extremely shady and potentially dangerous.

VI on that scandal in Japan.
Seungri said:
I came onto the show because I thought I should let the public know about what happened during the scandal.

It was the first time in history that an idol became the center of a scandal like that. The magazine / tabloid I was published in is very famous. They don't even bother to talk about anyone who isn't famous. It was my first scandal, but it was so big. I was a bit scared and shocked. I think a lot of people started to think I was an adult because of that scandal.

To be honest, I was told about it being printed in the magazine a week beforehand. It's not printed on the internet, but printed at a factory. So I couldn't stop it even if I knew.

He basically says nothing but confirms it to be true/Towels for everyone.

Pendulum

Korean Billboard said:
[TRANSLATION] T-ara N4, December, American Billboard Debut

T-ara began subunit activities in the beginning of this year through T-ara N4 and QBS. Their styles are different. T-ara N4 is targeted at the American/European market while QBS is targeted at Asian countries like Japan and China etc.

Eunjung explained "If you say that you can feel the unique and true colors of the 6 members of T-ara when we are together, then the subunits are a different side of us." T-ara N4 gathered together the "strong" women and their music is filled with a strong and hip hop atmosphere. QBS is the opposite, very feminine, and is made up of the members who fit the image of white dresses by the sea and under the blue sky. Eunjung smiling, said "Both images are very good," "Because we can't do both at the same time, we don't feel greedy about the subunits."

The subunit that has received special attention is T-ara N4. They have knocked on the doors of the US market, and received the praise of hip-hop star Chris Brown. Previously in May, they went to America and set up their future music activities with Chris Brown and T.I etc.

At their interview with Billboard Korea, T-ara revealed for the first time parts of their plan for the US market. Their US album is starting to take shape. Their debut date may be December of this year. In their single album, two new English songs will be recorded along with the new version of Jeonwon Diary. The English version of Jeonwon Diary was arranged by Chris Brown personally.

The title song has not yet been determined, but it should be one of the new songs. Jiyeon said, "We've finished recording it and it is a very cheerful and electronic dance genre song," "There will be a featuring by a pop star which will surprise people."

Their contract is signed with America's Empire Records. There are still some who still doubt and refuse to believe this, turning up their noses at the news of T-ara entering and even making fun of their outdoor performance when they were invited by Chris Brown, saying that they've only performed on a small stage and whether all of this hype is an exaggeration.

At this, T-ara did not have any response. Because of some controversies, their music achievements has been downplayed and belittled. T-ara lightly said, "Theres nothing we can do about this, it seems like it is something we must face," "If we were to explain, why not perform to our best instead, and make those who like our music believe us. We cannot force the public to like us."

Very frustrated. Not every performance is a large scale performance. "Whether the performance venue is big or small doesn't matter. Even if there is only one person in the audience, standing on stage itself is something to be happy and excited about" This is what they think.

That there were some problems of communication is true. Eunjung said, "Honestly, we were alarmed when we saw how narrow the stage was. But this was not anybody's fault. It's just that we should have carefully asked for more details, there was just inadequate flow of information prior to the performance. Chris Brown also performed on that stage the same way we did. But our performance seemed to have been distorted and misrepresented, like we performed on a stage that was not meant to be stood on, we are a bit sad about that."

Chris Brown is still a supporter of T-ara. Chris Brown and T-ara member Dani are close and this along with some musical aspects of T-ara N4 is why he came to this decision. T-ara said about themselves "We are lucky." Reviews of T-ar as the "Girl Group with the Most Korean Flavour" plus the use of Tae Pyeong So (traditional Korean music instrument) in Jeonwon Diary caught the interest of the relevant people involved with their overseas album.

Recently, T-ara has been busy learning English and Japanese. The members expressed "We never even dreamed that we could enter America," "Because we could not adequately prepare/learn foreign language like other groups, and because an opportunity like this is rare, we will work hard," They are not afraid of failure. T-ara said "We might not succeed. If we started to have these worries, then we should not start altogether." "If we continue our activities with a sincere attitude, then we should be able to achieve a good result. After Japan's Oricon chart, we want to leave a mark on a page of the US Billboard chart too."

Eldren

Hi K-PopGaf, first post here. I've been lurking/awaiting approval for a few months so it's good to finally be able to join in. I binged on the first three OTs while unemployed (thanks to everyone for introducing me to K-Pop) and then read through most of OT4 in real time, and now that I have a decent internet connection I can actually spend some time with all the songs in the OP and find some more groups to listen to outside of Soshi and f(x).

Anyway, obligatory ranking:

1 - Hyoyeon
-----
2 - Yuri
3 - Sunny
4 - Seohyun
5 - Taeyeon
6 - Sooyoung
-----
7 - Yoona
8 - Jessica
9 - Tiffany

(Yes, 1 is the highest. No, it's not upside-down.) There's movement within the groups, but that's how it stands at the moment. It'll probably change when Galaxy Supernova releases.

BAHAHA @ THAT TICKET PRICE

fucking bastards hope nobody goes

Hi K-PopGaf, first post here. I've been lurking/awaiting approval for a few months so it's good to finally be able to join in. I binged on the first three OTs while unemployed (thanks to everyone for introducing me to K-Pop) and then read through most of OT4 in real time, and now that I have a decent internet connection I can actually spend some time with all the songs in the OP and find some more groups to listen to outside of Soshi and f(x).

1 - Hyoyeon
-----
2 - Yuri
3 - Sunny
4 - Seohyun
5 - Taeyeon
6 - Sooyoung
-----
7 - Yoona
8 - Jessica
9 - Tiffany

(Yes, 1 is the highest. No, it's not upside-down.) There's movement within the groups, but that's how it stands at the moment. It'll probably change when Galaxy Supernova releases.

Welcome!

That's a pretty... unique list you got going there. You put Yuri on #2, so I can't hate.

Eldren

Welcome!

That's a pretty... unique list you got going there. You put Yuri on #2, so I can't hate.

Thanks! Yeah I figure she's a pretty good buffer; if people don't like the rest of the list, hey, look how highly ranked Yuri is.

Speaking of: I don't think it's been posted here but Yuri, Seohyun and Hyoyeon were at a fashion show in Singapore last week looking gorgeous as usual.

There's more on the Facebook page for anyone who's interested.

Their American debut is a pipe dream. Chris Brown has "quit" the music industry, and a no name group who has CB's backing will be fed into the wolves. To date, there are only two Asian's who have managed to make a dent in the music industry, Charice and of course Psy. But even with Ellen Degeneres' backing of Charice... she's practically stepped out of the industry after a short stint in Glee.

A quick Google search of Empire Records lead me to a movie from 1995 starring Liv Tyler lol.

In short, even if this happens, their chances of getting any success here is practically non-existent. They can keep saying that they aren't getting discouraged by the haters, but even a monkey can easily figure out that they have no chance of making it big out here. They're better off fixing their image in Korea instead of wasting their time here in the US.

1 - Hyoyeon

I think Phono's back y'all.

Anyway, welcome to the thread man... Phono's alt or not haha.

Edit: Thread needs some Fany.

Fafnir

1 - Hyoyeon
-----
2 - Yuri
3 - Sunny
4 - Seohyun
5 - Taeyeon
6 - Sooyoung
-----
7 - Yoona
8 - Jessica
9 - Tiffany

Welcome!

Interesting list, I think I found the pattern:
M7frG.gif

ryan-ts

Hi K-PopGaf, first post here.

That bottom 3! They're cut off too, does that mean you don't even like those members?

Eldren

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. Hopefully my taste in idols doesn't alienate me too much.

That bottom 3! They're cut off too, does that mean you don't even like those members?

It's not that I don't like them, I just...like them a bit less than the others, I guess. Does that make sense?

giri

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. Hopefully my taste in idols doesn't alienate me too much.

It's not that I don't like them, I just...like them a bit less than the others, I guess. Does that make sense?

no.

And i hope your children suffer eternal pain because of it.

makes perfect sense, its all person preference and opinion

Still one of the more uniquely done lists.

ryan-ts

As long as you hate Suzy, you're welcome here. And yeah, makes sense. I was hoping to start some drama though :(

Kabuto

1 - Hyoyeon
-----
2 - Yuri
3 - Sunny
4 - Seohyun
5 - Taeyeon
6 - Sooyoung
-----
7 - Yoona
8 - Jessica
9 - Tiffany

Hi, welcome to the thread! Hyo is looking good in those pics you posted :eek:

giri

And very sudden as well, I can't go to this :(

Maybe they wanted an excuse for a break? haha

Yeah, i would have gone if there was any notice. Got a flight voucher i HAVE to use (expires), would have been a good enough excuse.

Tried to look at the website to find out when it was actually anounced, like maybe we just heard late, but couldn't find that.

neoism

Hi, welcome to the thread! Hyo is looking good in those pics you posted :eek:

Hyo does get alot of undeserved hate... shes really hot... has a awesome body.. besides Yuri with has the best of the group... I bet she would be a blast the party with...
been my list for awhile
  1. Taeyeon..........will always be #1
  2. Fany <3
  3. Yuri ehmmmmm
  4. Sunny sooo cute..
  5. Yoona DAT NECK :p
  6. Hyo would let her dance all over meh. :p
  7. Jessica still dont really like her much but she is really hot, much better than her sister
  8. Sooyoung Still awesome and funny and cute but still waay to thin
  9. Seo -_- plainer than paper...

magenta

Yeah, i would have gone if there was any notice. Got a flight voucher i HAVE to use (expires), would have been a good enough excuse.

Tried to look at the website to find out when it was actually anounced, like maybe we just heard late, but couldn't find that.

You would have thought Jiyoon or somebody else would have put it up on their twitter for fans but nope. Weird.

ryan-ts

You would have thought Jiyoon or somebody else would have put it up on their twitter for fans but nope. Weird.

It's actually a 4Minute cover band, mystery solved.

Seriously though, $139 standing only and the site says you can't even take pictures or film. What an enticing package.

(._.)

Banned
corny ass taeyawn being boring in public and she gets like two whole pages in this thread one more than that chick who did a triple back-flip or whatever

ramyeon

Spica's fun, song and video. And man, Yang Jiwon. I would gladly lie in a tent tripping on whatever it was in that shisha with you forever.

Edit: Seriously though, what a good video/song. Thank you based Hyori.

Top Bottom