• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

Apparently Han Byul and Se7en have broken up, but double-apparently when he enlisted and not post-Brothelgate.

------

tumblr_ms4ztjBIoJ1qe65h9o1_1280.jpg

------

Running Man ep 160 again proving that some of the best episodes are those without guests.

Glad you liked it. Both Nada sou sou and Shima Uta are written in Okinawan dialect and Natsukawa is from Okinawa. Earlier you mentioned that Nada sou sou reminded you of a song from Final Fantasy. Any chance the song you're thinking of is Suteki da ne. Rikki, the singer of that song, is a folk singer from Amami Oshima, an island near Okinawa, so her singing style might be the similarity you're detecting.

Vaguely reminded. ;)

Looked it up, turns out it was very vague indeed.

ramyeon

Apparently Han Byul and Se7en have broken up, but double-apparently when he enlisted and not post-Brothelgate.
Aren't the latest reports saying that her agency has denied these rumours and that they're still together?

You can never know really. My friend was seeing a celebrity in Korea while he was apparently in a relationship with another celebrity, but had actually broken up over a year prior. Any public announcement will usually come well after the fact.

Niks

iARXMGjo4IOl2.jpg

GalaxySuperNova♥JPN NewSong! #gg 기대해줘요

I like this song already. When does it come out?

ryan-ts

Can't say I read allkpop and definitely not the comments there :p

Yeah, I just went back and read the comments there, seems like they're now filled with people saying Gaeko was great. When the article first came out half the people were calling out Gaeko for not actually responding to the rap. Obviously I gave AKP too much credit. Anyway...

http://unchartedsound.blogspot.fr/2013/08/editorial-control-korean-hip-hop-wrap.html?m=1

An excellent write up on the recent "Control" business in khip-hop. Kinda good to see the author being critical of all parties and not bias/lapping up Gaeko's track just because he's in Dynamic Duo.

I kinda agree/disagree with the author about Dynamic Duo just writing love songs. On one hand I like it because every rap song on the other side of the pacific ocean is about hookers and blow with shitty production. But at the same time, I don't like it coz hip-hop is supposed to be an expression of what they feel when they wrote that song and by focusing on the "love" part of the spectrum you're getting a "what if" situation not a "this is what happened and I'm telling the whole world about it" situation.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I find Leessang and Nujabes' lyrical content more of what hip hop should be lol. A simple message about keeping it real, not a message of indulgence and debauchery.

ramyeon

Looks like you're agreeing with the author, not disagreeing. The author never said they had to be rapping about bling and bitches lol.

The point most fans and the author is making is simply that the Duo have kind of sold out. Love songs are what the mainstream desire so that's what they make a lot of.

giri

There was a pretty good turn out for that considering the time slot, I didn't see it myself though since I was working on the info desk for that screening.

Yeah, my weekend got screwed, was tempted to to go several movies but work/family stuffed me around and ended up not having time for anything.

It's a shame bris only got 2 days really compared to syd/melb.

Didn't think melb would have had such a big turn out tbh.

ramyeon

Yeah, my weekend got screwed, was tempted to to go several movies but work/family stuffed me around and ended up not having time for anything.

It's a shame bris only got 2 days really compared to syd/melb.

Didn't think melb would have had such a big turn out tbh.
Yeah, it's mostly since it's only the second year it's been held in Brisbane, and the first year at that venue. Hopefully it gets more well known here so they can have the same kind of schedule as Sydney. Still pretty good though, 3 nights and 2 full days. Sucks though that the only movie I hadn't seen and wanted to watch (Pluto) wasn't shown up here.

Fafnir

Taeyeon back to black.
E5zU2xh.gif

IfzjmLs.jpg
72zoCwj.jpg

This guy was the one that started the false TTS rumor by acting like a SM staff member at KCON. Sounds like he was trying to pull off a casting couch with SONEs as well. Height is not even spelled correctly...5'4" troll LOL
yz70sZG.png

ryan-ts

This guy was the one that started the false TTS rumor by acting like a SM staff member at KCON. Sounds like he was trying to pull off a casting couch with SONEs as well. Height is not even spelled correctly...5'4" troll LOL

Well this is messed up if the casting couch shit is true. Why else would an older man be pretending to be an SM employee?

Top Bottom