• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

AReed

Jisook in bikini.

tumblr_n9706kp02y1tziegio5_1280.jpg
tumblr_n9706kp02y1tziegio4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9706kp02y1tziegio3_1280.jpg
tumblr_n9706kp02y1tziegio1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n91x0dFAAt1t33lqpo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_n91x0dFAAt1t33lqpo4_1280.jpg

Fafnir

Reading the Netizenbuzz comments for Hyuna's teaser2 is lol, just have to remember that it's probably high school virgins commentating. Although I will be surprised if KBS doesn't ban the video.

2. [+4,082, -195] There was a banana prop in the teaser... along with the title of the song being "bbalkaeyo (Korean title for 'it's red', but also can sound like 'to suck')...??? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+3,546, -122] I get that we live in a world where sex sells but isn't it going too far riding a banana which clearly symoblizes something sexual?
6. [+1,852, -65] It was a bit much seeing her ride a banana...
7. [+1,696, -49] Did anyone not think that riding a banana was too much?
9. [+1,489, -38] The banana part was so wrong, it's just getting worse

J2rlsIz.gif
T1oxHRN.gif

zT9GDWg.gif
vZPoSr3.gif

Pxh8xQ7.gif

ev0

I'm old too, i used to listen to that but had no idea who it was

I remember their CD being really hard to get and pricey because it went out of print pretty fast. I don't remember how I got it.

Then a couple years later Music Plaza in LA was giving away copies of that album for free with orders over $x amount (dont remember exactly). I never knew if they were bootlegs or not because they had to album art, but the actual CDs looked legit.

I had a stack of them at one point.

Hm now I kind of want to unearth my old ass kpop cds

broz0rs

that f(x) lockdown is the real deal considering Amber's Twitter and Instagram have had no activity since the cancellations.

Pendulum

Debut - [MV] A.KOR (에이코어) - Payday

---

Edit:
i must have missed something what's happening?
3 weeks into their comeback, with Sulli absent for the last week or two, f(x)'s schedule has been wiped from their calendar. Theories range from Sulli being pregnant to a group break up (the SM line is that "she's sick", but a sick member has never stopped f(x) from continuing to promote before - so, if true, it would have to be a serious illness).

milkham

3 weeks into their comeback, with Sulli absent for the last week or two, f(x)'s schedule has been wiped from their calendar. Theories range from Sulli being pregnant to a group break up (the SM line is that "she's sick", but a sick member has never stopped f(x) from continuing to promote before - so, if true, it would have to be a serious illness).

damn

My fave theory so far about Sulli... she's a scapegoat. Taeng or somebody else probably has another scandal coming up and she's taking the fall coz SM said so.

My theory on the other hand is that she wants out. Remember her RM scandal last year? Insulting the Chinese or something like that? Then of course the Choiza scandal, and now this.

That said I kinda buy the preggo bit too considering how SM's now open about dating things and maybe she just went too far.

Either way, it's a bad time for the group and SM. Just keep f(x) a trio of Krys, Luna, and Victoria and it'll be still be great, no disbandments juseyo.

luso

Scapegoat of what? Lol, if there is an incoming scandal why having this trouble, would be better to release it full force and as a surprise soon after it.
One member missing would not affect much the promotions but what about two? That would be a real trouble. Didn't Amber alleged was in USA recovering from an injury when rumors said she was kind of runaway?

giri

Scapegoat of what? Lol, if there is an incoming scandal why having this trouble, would be better to release it full force and as a surprise soon after it.
One member missing would not affect much the promotions but what about two? That would be a real trouble. Didn't Amber alleged was in USA recovering from an injury when rumors said she was kind of runaway?

Scapegoat in that, SM are giving the press this story, while not covering something else. i.e. nickhun is really dating Baekhun and Fanny and Tae are really a couple.

But sulli being pregnant wouldn't be surprising. Or her just being sick. What's annoying is how oddly bad SM are handling it. They usually handle stuff better. Even with token PR statements.

llehuty

The weirdest thing is how the other members didn't even mention her in any of the music show win speeches. (Using as a source netizen buzz comments)

Just saw this on twitter.

SM said Sulli stopped promoting because she was physically and mentally tired from all the negativity. Red Light promotion also ends here.

Also this. Taken from hyuk_in instagram.
BtWp6JjCMAECPlY.jpg:large

SM said Sulli will leave showbiz for awhile.

SM announced that f(x)'s #RedLight promotion has been wrapped up and only 4 members will perform on SMTOWN concert #에프엑스

Source

Waiting for a full translation.

ramyeon

So the official statement is indeed that she was agonised over hate comments online and will be taking a break from promotional activities for the time being.

Meanwhile Choiza's on variety shows bringing up the wallet issue every chance he gets. Hmm...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
SM canceling all Red Light promotions because netizens hurt Sulli's feelings.

...riiiight...

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I can kind of believe the netizen part. They are really evil sometimes. It must be hard as hell for a person to deal with that.

Full statement.

Hello.

It's S.M.ENTERTAINMENT.

As we say thank you to the fans who love f(x), we have an announcement to make. [f(x)] member Sulli became mentally and physically exhausted from the continuous, malicious comments and false rumors, and has expressed her wish to take a break from her celebrity activities for the time being.

After careful deliberation and taking her wish into consideration, we will reduce her activities and let her take a break for the time being.

Also, f(x)'s promotions for their 3rd full-length album 'Red Light' ended with their stage on SBS' 'Inkigayo' last week. f(x) will continue on activities with the SMTOWN Seoul concert on August 15 and overseas promotions, as well as individual schedules for the remaining four members Victoria, Amber, Luna, and Krystal.

We regret to inform fans of this news and we ask that you continue to show your support and love for f(x).
Thank you.

Source

giri

So the official statement is indeed that she was agonised over hate comments online and will be taking a break from promotional activities for the time being.

Meanwhile Choiza's on variety shows bringing up the wallet issue every chance he gets. Hmm...

That may be the best part of it.

Wonder if it means they've broken up... and thats what she's really upset about?

I can kind of believe the netizen part. They are really evil sometimes. It must be hard as hell for a person to deal with that.

I think everyone believes that part, even SM, what i do find completly unnacceptable is that she was a full year out of her main activity, which is F(x) dealing with those comments and just now, right now she can´t handle them. SM needs to do something about her because she keeps being the main reason we talk about F(x) and not in a positive way.

Pink Tape, Red Light, 2 fantastic albums of a group that hardly promotes them, who never even had a concert for her fan base completly overshadowed by the scandals of their youngest and irresponsible member.

It´s beyond retarded.

giri

I think everyone believes that part, even SM, what i do find completly unnacceptable is that she was a full year out of her main activity, which is F(x) dealing with those comments and just now, right now she can´t handle them. SM needs to do something about her because she keeps being the main reason we talk about F(x) and not in a positive way.

Pink Tape, Red Light, 2 fantastic albums of a group that hardly promotes them, who never even had a concert for her fan base completly overshadowed by the scandals of their youngest and irresponsible member.

It´s beyond retarded.

Her and Choiza boning only recently flared up when he lost his wallet with pics of her in it. So... it's not really a full year.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The only thing I don't get here, is that plenty of groups get into scandals and what not...and they still go on. Sometimes lacking a member, but on they go. Here's it's basically S.M going "Alright girls, back to the basement. Say bye bye!", and basta...

This whole story just went from a cold, to her being down from knetz's bullshit. I just have a bad, bad feeling about this one. I really hope I am wrong.

AReed

Real reason or not, SM is giving power to the netizens by making such a statement. Their ego must be Kanye West level right now.

kingkitty

Sulli being gone isn't that big of a loss for f(x), dunno why they'd throw the whole group back into the cave.

also Sulli def pregnant.

luso

What surprises is really ending the group promotions because of one member less. This is losing money and the good exposure a comeback gives to seal business deals which are affected by this earlier stoppage. And SM giving breaks for someone to rest very odd, either is something honestly serious with Sulli as stated or a cover-up for something worst.

ev0

QPgjRG5.gif

Excuse the big gif, I just discovered that you can make gifs by using Premiere Pro lol.

That said, how do y'all reduce the size? This gif went from 35mb to 2mb after playing around with the reso and IQ.

Premiere works, as you've done. Photoshop also. Especially if you need them web ready. Just "import file as video layers". You have to trick it into allowing gifs (in CS5 at least) by entering *.* or *.gif* in the file selection bar.

Then you can delete frames, change color range and use "save for web and devices" to target a specific file size.

I wish I could use After Effects to do that stuff though.

What surprises is really ending the group promotions because of one member less. This is losing money and the good exposure a comeback gives to seal business deals which are affected by this earlier stoppage. And SM giving breaks for someone to rest very odd, either is something honestly serious with Sulli as stated or a cover-up for something worst.

I agree. There is certainly something more than just hurtful comments.
They were supposed to have a repack idk if that will happen now.

Top Bottom