• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Kuno

Not sure if I liked it or not, but the song stuck in my head after one listen, so that's probably a good sign.

Youtube 1080p
This is pretty terrible tho.
San E's MV needs to be reuploaded asap.

4Ladies' song is actually decent, but I can''t help but compare it to Marionette... and it loses out there.

Since the submission deadline has now passed, here's the logo I submitted to the Apink logo contest.

iLR6WQ5Rlt6IG.jpg

Cuddler

Red Velvet - "Happiness" MV
(Key: Seulgi - Orange, Irene - Pink, Wendy - Blue, Joy - Green)

I was digging the bubblegum f(x)iness of it, then 3:03 kicked in. Slay, Wendy.

This is...this is a new concept. The teletubbies concept! I like all the colors in the MV, but cute concepts are not for me, and I don't like the song much. I feel that if this song was singed by an unknown group by an unknown company it will probably be completely ignored. Still they are an interesting group and I hope to see them doing more interesting songs in the future. Anyway, launching them exactly the week after stopping the f(x) activities doesn't seem to be a great idea. Even worse are all those terrible (apparently casual) references in the video, glad that they will be removed and the SM will rerelease the MV. Sometimes I don't really understand what is happening in that company.

JKTrix

Irene > Seulggi > Wendy > Joy. It's close.

SM should put English subs on their MVs like (apparently) everyone else does these days. Maybe the translator would even catch some of this sensitive stuff.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I really like Happiness. It's bubbly, fun and everything a K-pop hit should be. Shame about the undeserved hate and well...the unfortunate imagery. It really feels like a sinking boat, despite the song being really good. Goddammit, S.M is seemingly being ran by Ultron or something.

giri

RIP f(x).

Can't believe Red Velvet is gonna replace them. RV are awesome, Love the song. But f(x) ending? so damn sad.

This is...this is a new concept. The teletubbies concept! I like all the colors in the MV, but cute concepts are not for me, and I don't like the song much. I feel that if this song was singed by an unknown group by an unknown company it will probably be completely ignored. Still they are an interesting group and I hope to see them doing more interesting songs in the future. Anyway, launching them exactly the week after stopping the f(x) activities doesn't seem to be a great idea. Even worse are all those terrible (apparently casual) references in the video, glad that they will be removed and the SM will rerelease the MV. Sometimes I don't really understand what is happening in that company.

Agreed. It's a horrible idea. f(x) is my favorite, so it almost feels like a replacement even though f(x) is supposed to be only taking a break.

Plus you have the irrational f(x) fans openly cutting Red Velvet videos off at the knees, so it really feels unfair to Red Velvet too.

I'd don't know how serious the Sulli stuff is behind the scenes, but SM doesn't seem to be handling the delicate balance of righting f(x) and launching Red Velvet well.

All I know is I finally discover kpop a few months ago, and my favorite group is having disbandment rumors. Of course -.-

Edit

You know what, nevermind. I think I found a new favorite ;)

The 4Ladies "Move" MV (the teaser had girls making out, flesh, thrusting, netizens' sweaty hands) has been leaked.

No No Eul

At first I thought the chorus was a bit weak but the song's really growing on me. I love the choreo and the MV's pretty great. I can't believe all the SM BS surrounding this release though. It's almost as if they're trying to court as much controversy as possible...

SM Entertainment responded to the reports, explaining, "After questioning the director, we found that he simply used a collage source for the images, and there was no intention behind it."

What kind of excuse is that? lol

Since the submission deadline has now passed, here's the logo I submitted to the Apink logo contest.

I'm forever leaving stuff until the last minute so I was up at 4 in the morning trying to get this thing finished in time. I never learn.

ibjGKqTW7GwJU.png

#feijia said:
iF2OZgnVPxouu.jpg

#Fridaynight

Hyunyoung said:

luso

The performances are still "robotized", they are programmed to do the choreography exactly as told. The weird choreo may not help. Try to watch it on mute.
So for now I need to watch them on other shows or varieties, for now they look paper/clone characters of some sort.

Pendulum

Impressed with Red Velvet's live singing today on their second stage ever. Puts some sunbaenims to shame.

----

Looks like the Nichkhun Factor is real. I would have thought there would be more birthday pictures.

Pendulum

Some parts weren't live, though. Wendy's bridge was prerecorded.

source: my vast knowledge and experience in live singing, also my ass

I thought Music Core was insisting on live performances now (besides backing vocals). Could have sworn I heard a little crack from Wendy which is surprising to keep if prerecorded (unless the point is to pass off as live of course). I'll have to listen again when I'm not on a mobile.

Slowdive

Banned
The Music Core performance sounded live to me. Also, #TeamIrene
I think. It's between her and Wendy, or Joy, it's hard to choose just one.

I noticed that she started using IG again after a long hiatus. Hopefully that means a come back soon.

Some parts weren't live, though. Wendy's bridge was prerecorded.

source: my vast knowledge and experience in live singing, also my ass

Actually your ass might be right. I could hear some phasing going on with the vocals when they sing solo.

Btw, phasing for layman's terms... it basically sounds like it was double-tracked, creating a chorus like sound, but done incorrectly(one audio source is ahead of the other by a couple of milliseconds or so). What this basically means is that the vocals are live, with a backing track underneath for better or worse.

That Yeeun Music Core stage luso just linked is a perfect example of that.

Source: Spent a couple of years learning audio engineering in school.

Looks like the Nichkhun Factor is real. I would have thought there would be more birthday pictures.

That and I've been busy as hell this past week. Thursday night was my only day off and I decided to spend it by watching WGM and RM.

I'm pretty sure feist-bro has something in the works... right?

roaSone

DAT SLAYAGE by Red Velvet on MuCore, wow that was just amazing, that energy, that power! I'm definitely in the stanning train.

Top Bottom