• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Loci

Apparently some smartass uploaded the MV instead of the teaser.

080414 Release

Too bad.

New pagedit
214E655053D71F4C159E88

Cuddler

2BiC updates:
2BiC - Growl by EXO/Something by Girl's Day acoustic covers - live at MBC Music Picnic Live
Probably even more awesome than the first time they cover these two songs, soooo good.

2BiC Ji Hwan did the chorus in the song singed by EXO member Chen for the OST of the drama "It's alright this is love".
[괜찮아 사랑이야 OST Part 1] 첸 (CHEN) (EXO) - 최고의 행운 (Best Luck) MV
Ji Hwan released a cover of the same song:
2BiC(투빅)_지환_EXO 첸의 최고의행운cover
He is just so great.
Awesome song and MV, definitely one of the best of the year.
포엘(Four Ladies_4L) - Move(무브)MV_Teaser (Team Dance Version)

Welp, if you though of seeing this in music shows... well, think again.

Stellar who?

This was the group with the teaser of the girls making out, right? So much for a group that would be empowering for the Korean LGBT community. This looks and feels exploitive as fuck. It doesn't even look good, you can be sexy without grabbing your crotch and writhing around on the floor. Subtlety really isn't a strong point of these choreographers and directors, is it?
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUREEEEEEEE.
Maybe there is at least an actual deep story in the full MV, who knows.
Yeeun releases one of the best minis in Kpop for a long time, and it's totally under performing. So depressing. I hope it's just a slow burner and gains momentum in the coming days. K netizens know what's up, at least!

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.ca/2014/07/hatfelt-releases-solo-music-video.html

imo I agree with one of the Korean netizen comments above, there isn't a song on the album that stands out as a weak link or that I'd take out. They're all great. Iron Girl is such a great opener, and the momentum just continues throughout. 다운 (Nothing Lasts Forever) is so powerful in its minimalism, it left me with chills. If I had to choose my least liked song it'd be Peter Pan, but it's still a great track in its own right.
The song is doing ok, it will be do better in the next days when she will promote. Personally I particularly like "Ain't nobody", "Bond" and "Truth", at least for me "Wherever Together" feels like European dance song number 209372967, it sound perfect for some Ibiza vacation ads or dj summer festival or drink ads that are always on air here on MTV or something. Not saying that this is a bad thing since I'm sure that a lot of people enjoy this kind of music.
Wait, I clicked expecting the previews of the songs in the album, but instead they are doing...modeling?
Gyuri always looks so good, I really hope that their song will be good. I was just searching randomly, I'm not sure if it was posted here back then but she did a Photoshoot for @Star1:
박규리 촬영현장 스케치
She is so beautiful, I am not sure I understand why there aren't more guys/girls that like her.

luso

Unexcited for Kara's comeback, sadly. Maybe it can change afterwards, but nothing as before. At least there's Seungyeon. Sad reality when this was my first stanned group.

Happy Birthday!

276D473353DA51601C0DD0

Peru

HA:TFELT album is great. Unpredictable, hard to pin down style or references, just the kind of 'debut' you hope to see.

Ym1r

hyuna's song is so fun it's better than ye eun's (or hatfelt or however the hell you spell that shit) song(s).

bestie gods plz

Ym1r

And I used to think you had good taste :(

I think I just really enjoy the chorus of Red in comparison to any of ye eun's songs. I thought her album wasn't bad but it wasn't very good either. That might just be because I'm not in the mood for her type of songs but more dancey type songs these past few days.

The chorus of Red is catchy but I can't remember it after the song is over, it kind of makes me wanna listen to it again to see what it sounds like.

Pendulum

Cube is removing Hyuna's "From When and Until When" from downloads and future physical copies of her 'A Talk' mini album due to the "homage" towards g.o.d's "The Reason Why Opposites Attract".

Yeeun with one of the best albums of the year. Naturally.

"Truth" isn't getting enough love. "Wherever Together" calls to mind Calvin Harris' "Sweet Nothing ft. Florence Welch" (a bit). That or "Bond" may be the weakest of the bunch.

Since jongkookie has me on ignore, someone quote the following so he can see it:

Your browser simply shouldn't be crashing as easily as you've stated. Not when even my mobiles will load every post/page/site that has been problematic for you. At the minimum, you likely need something like Places Maintenance. Install ---> go to addons ---> select "options" under Places Maintenance ---> check/select "all" and hit "execute."

Moreover, you seem as though you may be troubled by one or more of the following:

- OS and apps running on an HDD
- An old install of Firefox
- Sizable number of bookmarks and/or addons

Another thing that could be helpful is if you export your Firefox profile and save it somewhere safe, then do a wipe of Firefox, removing everything. Download and reinstall the latest version of Firefox, then swap the new auto-created profile with your old saved profile.

Pendulum

For jongkookie from feist:
·feist·;123558140 said:
Since jongkookie has me on ignore, someone quote the following so he can see it:

Your browser simply shouldn't be crashing as easily as you've stated. Not when even my mobiles will load every post/page/site that has been problematic for you. At the minimum, you likely need something like Places Maintenance. Install ---> go to addons ---> select "options" under Places Maintenance ---> check/select "all" and hit "execute."

Moreover, you seem as though you may be troubled by one or more of the following:

- OS and apps running on an HDD
- An old install of Firefox
- Sizable number of bookmarks and/or addons

Another thing that could be helpful is if you export your Firefox profile and save it somewhere safe, then do a wipe of Firefox, removing everything. Download and reinstall the latest version of Firefox, then swap the new auto-created profile with your old saved profile.

tumblr_lv4yk360xr1qdcel5o2_500.gif

Ym1r

huh i like this red velvet song more than I liked any sm release within the past like few years. The most listenable SM song in the longest time ever.

·feist·;123558140 said:

For jongkookie from feist:

Lol y'all are awesome.

The Firefox thing is actually a joke, what really does slow it down is probably my plebeian 6mbps DSL connection. The OP for example, just OC's post takes my computer 30 seconds to fully load. It's when the images pop-up one by one and it auto-scrolls to accommodate that image is when it "crashes" if you will. FF will just freeze for a good couple of seconds and it's readable but it still auto-scrolls for the other images that haven't finished loading.

So what I ended up doing to solve this was to put you on ignore, wait for the rest of the page to fully load, then hit view post so I can see your posts. It's an extra click I gotta do, but it fully works so I'll take it. So yeah, don't worry, megapost or not, I still can see your posts.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll actually check this out and see if it can help even just a little bit.

This does mean you've got an epic Fany megapost right? Can't wait!

Btw, somebody tell OC Neon Bunny's "It's You" came out back in April.

balifor

Neo Member
Danke, Pendulum. Cheers, kookie.

K-Pop loves Caribbean music.

BESTie with the old school Roots & Culture Reggae. Red Velvet with the throwback Dancehall. Nine Muses/2NE1/others with the Soca/Calypso.

Happiness is definitely more along the f(x) end of the spectrum than SNSD, to the point where this sounds like it was penned between Pink Tape and Red Light.

242F624053AE75CA1E1361
263ABC4053AE75D010A361

21363F4053AE75D6150F18
212E064053AE75DE21BD94

Hellix

Red Velvet - "Happiness" MV
(Key: Seulgi - Orange, Irene - Pink, Wendy - Blue, Joy - Green)

I was digging the bubblegum f(x)iness of it, then 3:03 kicked in. Slay, Wendy.

It's alright. It looks like the performances will be fun to watch.

Copped. Mwave is so slow though. I'm still waiting for my Hyosung album.

I think I waited 3-4 months for my 4minute album. The Hyosung albums started shipment late this month, so they'll probably finish up shipping them in August.

Red Velvet - "Happiness" MV
(Key: Seulgi - Orange, Irene - Pink, Wendy - Blue, Joy - Green)

I was digging the bubblegum f(x)iness of it, then 3:03 kicked in. Slay, Wendy.

I can't take this trippy imagery.
:)
I sincerely hope that the hair thing was on purpose, because it's either a stroke of genius of an extremely happy accident. Either way I like them as a group so far, but jeez are people already hating on them and their dislikes are really unfair just because of f(x) - not red velvet's choice/fault.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Haters need to GTFO because this is some good shit.

HA:TFELT album is great. Unpredictable, hard to pin down style or references, just the kind of 'debut' you hope to see.
There is one easy reference in Peter Pan. The scale climb is straight out of Mia by IU.

Pendulum

Haters need to GTFO because this is some good shit.

Yup, and I doubt they're really hating on the group (they're sore at SM for Sulli, or Taeyeon x Baekhyun, or Kris, or whatever else they have they're panties in a knot for) and if someone is arguing that they'll take some attention away from their fav group... well then, lol.

They've got SM power behind them, but it shows - best debut in ages.

Pendulum

Seriously. No dead weight.

Speaking of SM though, apparently in addition to not doing a Google search on bands called "Red Velvet", the logo looks suspiciously like the logo of a hairdresser called Red Velvet.

Broank

Red Velvet seems pretty fun and that's gotta be the most effort SM put into a girl group music video since.. well, ever? lol

Members are pretty cute and they seem talented vocally, song is decent, dance is really nondescript which is surprising since SM groups usually have pretty kick ass debut choreography. I don't really see the 2nd Taeyeon Seulgi thing but she does remind me of a cute little elf or something.

I have to admit though the only way I can tell them apart atm is the hair color. Gonna need some lives and variety shows to properly judge if and who I stan.

KXJewdG.gif

More like wtf SM? That's pretty awful and is gonna get them lambasted should any Japanese activities arise. Get your shit together and stop running the company like some cracker jack operation.

Top Bottom