• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Red Velvet - "Happiness" MV
(Key: Seulgi - Orange, Irene - Pink, Wendy - Blue, Joy - Green)

The tinfoil hat on me wonders why they'd specifically use this track at a time when f(x) is in disarray. This seriously sounds like an f(x) track tbh...

Taking out the tinfoil hat though, I can dig this. They're all pretty and seem talented, will definitely watch in the future.

I have to admit though the only way I can tell them apart atm is the hair color. Gonna need some lives and variety shows to properly judge if and who I stan.

Also this... I feel like I should be going for #TeamIrene but Wendy and Joy make it hard to decide.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I definitely see the Taeyeon resemblance with Seulgi's profile shot in the grass. As for telling them apart, it's pretty easy in motion. It was hard in the teaser pics, but who knows how much photoshop went into those.

More like wtf SM? That's pretty awful and is gonna get them lambasted should any Japanese activities arise. Get your shit together and stop running the company like some cracker jack operation.
I'm lolling at their fail with that b/c they have been on a string of fails since Mr Mr.

broz0rs

Happiness was okay. The chorus of the track sounded like a Bollywood version of KARA's Mister. Wish those girls the best.

The YouTube comments on their mv are inundated with salty f(x) fans. RIP

There´s more.

Bt7XvE8CIAADmgn.png:large

Taeny tease.
tumblr_n9iohvCZLh1s6gjdfo2_250.gif

Dice

It would seem the intent is to say you have the power to choose happiness no matter what the circumstances, yet the content is way too sensitive, especially with an already highly criticized debut. They just didn't think it out well enough.

Not posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STzwpDCH6iU

New Clazziquai video for Madly. Album out later this month. It's gonna be fantastic.

Wow, this past month has been great for releases. Any exact date on the album?

Also, does anybody understand what this Marvin thing is all about? The dude was hella creepy in Love Satellite and now he's back in this vid and nothing makes sense in context of LS. The dancing, him playing the sax, and there's a scene that shows the coffee shop before the girl in LS finds out he was creeping on her. Maybe these vids are out of order?

Pendulum

SPICA is going for a US debut
It turns out SPICA will be trying their hands at the U.S. market as they release their next song!

Their agency B2M Entertainment made the surprise announcement today that SPICA have teamed up with Billboard Magazine for their activities in the U.S. and will release their English single "I Did It" and MV on August 6 (local time).

"I Did It" is the work of producers Oliver 'Oligee' Goldstein, Cory Enemy, and Daniel Merlot. It is an upbeat pop song with a mix of R&B, hip hop, and funk music characteristic of the '90s and the MV for the song is by director Michael Laburt.

"An awesome song was given to us. We hope that this song receives a a lot of love... We have high anticipation for out first single and MV to be launched in the U.S... We look forward to meeting new fans," the girls shared about their upcoming American activities.

The girls will also be at 'KCON' at Memorial Sports Arena, LA on the 9th to perform. But don't worry, this doesn't mean they'll be forgetting about their domestic activities as the girls are planning to also make a comeback in Korea later this month!

----

Wendy said:

vanty

Can't really comment on the song because it's hard to listen when the thought that SM found four similar girls and had them get identical plastic surgery is far too distracting.

Peru

Nice covers, good title - unfortunately Avex didn't want the album to live up to its name and it's a collection of singles and b sides with ONE new track.

Bt7MywFCcAEtvVe.jpg:large

Bt7Myv5CEAAAcVA.jpg:large

luso

Red Velvet - "Happiness" MV
(Key: Seulgi - Orange, Irene - Pink, Wendy - Blue, Joy - Green)

I was digging the bubblegum f(x)iness of it, then 3:03 kicked in. Slay, Wendy.

Nice song and at least MV is not a pure boxed one.
I will check today's debut and try to check some varieties, too soon to call, maybe #teamIrene or #teamJoy
subjected to changes at anypoint

SM 147th mishandling this year alone.

With the double bra:
Hyuna047.gif

Hyomin in LA
tumblr_n9mcmc5Jds1sem42ko2_500.jpg

tumblr_n9mcmc5Jds1sem42ko1_1280.jpg

hmmmm...

Dice

Hyuna wore a shirt with "Bish" on it. I wonder if he will notice her calling out to him.

WAIT. A SM group where all the members seem talented?
That's what happens when you train them till they're 20.

Dice

I know! I can't call Joy the new Hyoyeon any more though, she got way too many lines and too much screentime for that to be appropriate.
And she is way too attractive and talented for that label.

roaSone

That debut stage was so goooood! In the MV Wendy stood out, but there.. wow they were just like equally talented, love all of them. #TeamRedVelvet

Typical internet comments of "I can post crazy shit and get away with it" followed of course.

Best comment though translates roughly as "nutty as a fruitcake" bwahahaha.

Consensus seems to be on that site "apologize, or just don't bother trying to debut in USA/Japan" for the normal people... not the ones posting about invading Canada... because there is one lol.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe SM thought the bombing and other stuff would go over well with the general public...

Song sounds really f(x)-y, which will no doubt piss off even more people xD
Atm I'm #TeamIrene / #TeamWendy, haven't watched the live yet.
---
I like Ye Eun's song, feels different than most of the stuff that's come out this year.
I'll have to listen to the full album this weekend (Hyuna's and BESTie's too, haven't gotten to them yet)

Pendulum

SM will be editing the Happiness MV to remove the references to Japanese bombings and 9/11.

SM Entertainment has announced that controversial images in Red Velvet's music video for their debut track "Happiness" will be edited out.

Shortly after the release of the MV, Japanese media reported that there were images referencing the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki as well as the tragedy of the 9/11 attacks as seen in the screencaps below. SM Entertainment responded to the reports, explaining, "After questioning the director, we found that he simply used a collage source for the images, and there was no intention behind it."

The rep added, "As SM wasn't able to catch it before, we will remove the material that caused the misunderstanding as soon as possible. We will make sure not to let this kind of thing happen in the future."

MV already over a million views.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
SM will be editing the Happiness MV to remove the references to Japanese bombings and 9/11.

Shuch a shame, would have been pretty much a perfect debut if not for this shitstorm.
They looked great live, still not fully decided but I'm leaning #TeamIrene.

WAIT. A SM group where all the members seem talented?

My thoughts exactly after "damn Irene is so hot" lol.

Wendy needs to work her face expression when she´s singing that high note part, i get 0 emotion watching her sing that part. Other than that, it was a perfect debut stage.

Niks

SM Entertainment responded to the reports, explaining, "After questioning the director, we found that he simply used a collage source for the images, and there was no intention behind it."

d1zxa.gif

Top Bottom