• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

ultra7k

I was an S.E.S. fan, i liked some of Finkl's songs but maaaan their choreography was awful.

not the commercial you're thinking of but: http://youtu.be/obgva0tN_b0
I don't remember why these two ended up like this exactly, youtube was giving me issues with the music matching something in their db back then so i had to do something
http://youtu.be/0WHps6BIduU
http://youtu.be/W8n365pRCpU

edit:
is this it? http://youtu.be/5JEIQYK0PpY

Haha holy man, that is it! Hello Kitty White Plus...OMG i think I had crappy .asf video of that back in the day. I still think it's their best song to this day. Thanks for finding that. Dat Hyori in that video drove me nuts as a teenager lol.

Those other videos have got to be straight out of the NOW promotions era lol.

re: SES - I did enjoy them back in the day, especially the song Love. That being said, when I was younger I may have been somewhat blinded by devotion to Finkl, but as an adult discovering some SES tracks for the first time is pretty great too.

Why I like BESTIe? Solely based on this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfk47d5t30U. Yes I will judge groups based on their covers of the songs of what I consider to be the glory days of kpop. hahah

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
SES was my first kpop. While I was more listening to Hikki, Ayu, M-Flo and such back then (but really mostly American R&B and UK Electronica) and I was mesmerized by SES MVs and had a couple dozen tracks. My fav jam from them back then probably being Oh My Love (Cyber Soul Mix)

Why I like BESTIe? Solely based on this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfk47d5t30U. Yes I will judge groups based on their covers of the songs of what I consider to be the glory days of kpop. hahah
You saw Karainbow cover that, right? so good

giri

Woah that Sojin pic is nightmare fuel.
Or maybe she's mad Yura and Minah got dudes in their lives.

Speaking of ships, I think I'm gonna start supporting the San E/Raina ship. The pair look really good in that song they have, like if I didn't know any better, I'd sure bet that they've got something going on irl. Also, I think I'm stanning Raina now over
Lizzy and
Jooyeon, she's hella cute lol.

You mean apart from the part where Raina has come out and said San-e is nothing like her type at all and nominated 3 others ahead of him with out much thought?

You mean apart from the part where Raina has come out and said San-e is nothing like her type at all and nominated 3 others ahead of him with out much thought?

Lol I actually don't follow After School tbh. I only know of Kahi, Lizzy, Jooyeon, Nana and now Raina ... I don't even know who the rest of the members are.

Anyway, paused ep 7 of JeKrys just to say that Sica just shot up to #1 on my Soshi bias list. Why? Radiohead's Creep.

ultra7k

SES was my first kpop. While I was more listening to Hikki, Ayu, M-Flo and such back then (but really mostly American R&B and UK Electronica) and I was mesmerized by SES MVs and had a couple dozen tracks. My fav jam from them back then probably being Oh My Love (Cyber Soul Mix)

You saw Karainbow cover that, right? so good

Yeah it's like a mega fusion that's too short, I really wish people would cover the whole song instead of the standard 2:00 minutes or whatever (I'm looking at your Karainbow/BESTIe).

Last year when Spica was promoting Tonight, I guess they did a sort of semi tribute to their mentor on Sketchbook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55DjXmOLjKA

Could have done without the rap, but it's still a great song only made better by Spica's vocals.

I went in the opposite direction as you Dice, kpop and then dabbled a bit in jpop with some m-flo, utada, some zard etc. Never did listen to too much of it though.

No No Eul

Edit: Here's Wassup's 1st anniversary video. Skip to 11:25 to see the only member that matters, Nara.

Sujin though...

iJQwylIycxnfR.jpg

Speaking of Irene, someone posted this rumor on irc last night. At first I assumed it was bullshit. While the Japanese market is obviously the golden goose, an entirely Japanese sub unit is unheard of (afaik). When I checked it out again today though, I noticed he had posted some pictures of possible members, obviously taken from the Happiness mv. I checked it out again, and sure enough, they're all there. At the beginning, when the lips are talking. Who could they be?

The remnants of Baby Kara, rescued from the vile clutches of DSP? :p

That's a really interesting rumour. Hype if true.

Apink said:

luso

Woah that Sojin pic is nightmare fuel.
Or maybe she's mad Yura and Minah got dudes in their lives.

Speaking of ships, I think I'm gonna start supporting the San E/Raina ship. The pair look really good in that song they have, like if I didn't know any better, I'd sure bet that they've got something going on irl. Also, I think I'm stanning Raina now over
Lizzy and
Jooyeon, she's hella cute lol.

The other ship, one that I don't really support, Fany/Khun ship... it's blatantly obvious in JeKry that it's real. Not that I had doubts, but the Fany in JeKry is a lot different than the Fany before it was announced. Also, Victoria is 28?! Holy hell, I thought she was around Krystal's age.

Anyway, JeKry confirms one thing... idol life is a sad sad life. I really like how there's no filter on the show about irl, and yeah from all the talks Soshi and f(x) had, it really seems idol life is utter shit. I think I'd actually prefer my life right now than being in their shoes tbh.

I actually support KhunFany. You saying she's different, I don't see any problem if true but it's more your confirmation bias.

Yeah it's like a mega fusion that's too short, I really wish people would cover the whole song instead of the standard 2:00 minutes or whatever (I'm looking at your Karainbow/BESTIe).

Last year when Spica was promoting Tonight, I guess they did a sort of semi tribute to their mentor on Sketchbook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55DjXmOLjKA

Could have done without the rap, but it's still a great song only made better by Spica's vocals.

I went in the opposite direction as you Dice, kpop and then dabbled a bit in jpop with some m-flo, utada, some zard etc. Never did listen to too much of it though.

Some SNSD's covers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a9vyHLxKzs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKgQ6TZKaC8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w0mvG7RHoM

so we're watching mubank and suddenly

they are singing a heartfelt ballad

2BIC?

#Joyrene

giri

Lol I actually don't follow After School tbh. I only know of Kahi, Lizzy, Jooyeon, Nana and now Raina ... I don't even know who the rest of the members are.

Anyway, paused ep 7 of JeKrys just to say that Sica just shot up to #1 on my Soshi bias list. Why? Radiohead's Creep.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vanty

The subbed Happy Together with Jiyeon was put up the other day. I don't think it was posted in here yet and I know at least one other guy was waiting for it. I haven't watched it yet so no idea how good it is, but hopefully she has more than three lines unlike that other KBS show all depressing with people's stupid problems.

Wooooori

Z7VLQ3I.jpg

QPOw5FS.jpg
F7ARaIG.jpg

ryan-ts

LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY

You're so pretty and wonderful. Your singing is beyond angelic and your dancing is truly remarkable. I would donate one of my kidneys if you needed it but you probably don't.

LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY LIZZY

I actually support KhunFany. You saying she's different, I don't see any problem if true but it's more your confirmation bias.

Lol could be. She just seems less bubbly as her previous TV appearances... like she's on a leash or something haha.
I actually do support KhunFany but of course I can't say that lol.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I probably should but eh, OC is just not my taste and AS is cool but I haven't seen them in a while now.

Joyrene is real

Dunno who to stan yet, but I'm boarding this ship.

YAAASSSS!!

I was utterly disappointed that A-Pink News didn't get a season 4, but this will suffice. Any idea when to expect subs??

broz0rs

I kept saying to myself that Seulgi of Red Velvet looks very familiar to someone I know. Then I remembered.

3tjxw27.jpg

She's a professional violinist. What do you guys think?

I didn't realise that Spica were going straight into promotions so quickly..

The vocal performance was good, although it seems weird for a kpop girl group to stand still during an upbeat song.

giri

I probably should but eh, OC is just not my taste and AS is cool but I haven't seen them in a while now.

pledis have had money problems, but large chunks of AS are still active. Raina & San-E Orange Caramel with their... 3rd? "Title" track of the year. Uee has been doing variety since her drama (that was rather good for a k-drama) ended. Jooyeon is in a drama ATM i believe.

Jungah, E-Young and Kaeun are the least active, but even kaeun/E-young have been getting on variety or doing youtube stuff.

pledis have had money problems,

I'm not surprised. Didn't they split Hello Venus or something along those lines?

I actually wonder how the lower tier groups make money in the industry. You can't really command a decent appearance fee, so do they rely just on music sales?

AReed

YAAASSSS!!

I was utterly disappointed that A-Pink News didn't get a season 4, but this will suffice. Any idea when to expect subs??

Probably a week, week and a half before Pink Panda Subs get finished with it. I really don't know though.

I used to think there was only one place to bungee in Korea, but apparently there's at least two. Unless they've remodeled the one.

giri

I'm not surprised. Didn't they split Hello Venus or something along those lines?

I actually wonder how the lower tier groups make money in the industry. You can't really command a decent appearance fee, so do they rely just on music sales?

i'm not sure what the full story is for the hello venus split, but money would appear to be part.

Most of them i believe try to break even with event fees, money from royalties (i.e. being played on radio etc) and variety appearance fees, plus any ad's they can do. They also try to do as many concerts public or coporate (i..e appearance fee's) as possible.

Once they break even from their last song, they "borrow" more for the next song/MV and hope the next one makes them popular and famous so they can actually make money on it.

I didn't realise that Spica were going straight into promotions so quickly..

The vocal performance was good, although it seems weird for a kpop girl group to stand still during an upbeat song.

Standing still or at least not a over choreographed approach is correct to break into the US which doesn't really give a shit about the theater aspect of most music. But I think the US is K-pop's White Whale. Not sure any artist has really broken out this side of the pond, usually seems like a money sink.

Top Bottom