• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Naeun fighting dirty to become #1 in my heart

ic3d2N7hLxs33.gif

I'm not surprised. Didn't they split Hello Venus or something along those lines?

WHATTHEFUCKKKKKKK

First 9M/Sera, and now HV/Ara. The world just falls apart when I'm not around to hold it together. At least Ara is still with Pledis, and not making boring covers on youtube, so there's still hope. Hope they add her to AS or something.

Love that Nothing Lasts Forever made the list. That song is way too under appreciated. It's GsD's second best song.

It may be ugly but it's brilliant imo. Usually you pick out prominent features in order to identify people in new groups, but now you can just pick a color and people will know. It lets people who want to be fans get into the group quicker. Now you don't have to be like "I like that one girl with the brown hair and awkward square jaw but is still qt" and have people be like which one?

It's never been easier to learn the faces and names of a group before. Confident I can easily tell them apart, even without the colors now.

I love this performance.

Fafnir

I never paid too much attention to Apink to learn their names except Eunji, but was bored and watched this episode. I'm in team N(aeun & Namjoo), more into Naeun because she wears flats and looks the best.

So from the first episode I identify them as:

Chorong = leader that hates aegyo
Eunji = the real leader
Naeun = hottie
Namjoo = hottie #2
Bomi = aegyo girl
Hayoung = maknae

No No Eul

I've been really looking forward to this. Quick and dirty 480p subs for anyone that's desperate enough.
(Me)

Lovely. I hope that guy dies in a fire.

LCbZhaO.gif

Love that Nothing Lasts Forever made the list. That song is way too under appreciated. It's GsD's second best song.

Yeah, it was great to see it on that list. Definitely my favourite Girl's Day tune. If NLF is your second, what's your number one?

geeze someone needs to do an intervention on her makeup person if shes not doing it herself. Its one thing to want to look paler but thats some next level stuff.

Cuddler

so we're watching mubank and suddenly

they are singing a heartfelt ballad
You feel like it's something that was already done?
I feel like I'm on Dice ignore list because I already posted about them
pls luso, pls, you know that they are not 2BiC.
Unless I'm in your ignore list too.
or/and you have problem with your eyes
Crazy, how can people be so cruel, I will never understand.

Ym1r

fukin hai im surprised balls hasnt got a selfie with snsd yet, maybe they r 2 busy

o wait thats link that likes snsd huh nvm

dokish

Banned
Psychology dropped. Currently applying for a International Studies major in Seoul. (Wanted Korean Studies, but the campus is outside of Seoul, and to continue studying Psychology I need a really high level of proficiency in Korean).

If I get accepted, that means more 4 years here goofing around, yay!

Irene looks really fucking good... but I don't see the appela of the song.

Psychology dropped. Currently applying for a International Studies major in Seoul. (Wanted Korean Studies, but the campus is outside of Seoul, and to continue studying Psychology I need a really high level of proficiency in Korean).

If I get accepted, that means more 4 years here goofing around, yay!

Irene looks really fucking good... but I don't see the appela of the song.

Go for it! I hope you get in.

Blablurn

Finaaaaally I'm back again!

Would have loved to post during the Hyuna and Red Velvet time. Red Velvet was definiely the debut of the year. I love the song soooo much.

tumblr_n9nzs9xvft1ti8opuiq.gif

And Hyuna is just the baddest girl in the business. Great song. Great album.

But we all know... there is one band that could might top both of them soon :O

10360211_757267234315515_7682584588175959797_n.jpg

Please let the song be good.

Broank

Red Velvet I'm definitely feeling pulled in. Initial thoughts:

Seulgi - The pro of the group. She was the one that kept things flowing on the radio show. Seems like she's the one that is the groups 'sound' and the most versatile singer and stable/pleasant sounding live.

Wendy - She seems pretty funny and a great singer. At first I though maybe she didn't seem into the concept but proved me wrong the last couple perf.

Irene - Damn she's really shy, like on the radio interview the guy would ask her a question and she wouldn't even answer and the others would have to jump in. That goes out the window for the performances though because she seems to have the energy. Definitely the prettiest of the group imo.

Joy - Kind of the always smiley/happy to be there one. Like Sulli was but more genuinely endearing. lol

Yuri, Yoona and Bekah at Universal Studios, Taeyeon at victorias secret

Whsiao

Neo Member
Just got back from day 1 at KCON and I definitely had a blast during the concert.

I arrived at around 8AM and made my way to the line, just by guessing i would estimate there were maybe about ~1500 people in front of me, no big deal because the whole week they said registration/check-in begins at 8AM and the CON opens at 10 AM. I stay in line and there were many times where the line didn't move for 15+ minutes, eventually at around 12PM I finally made it in. I have no idea why they made P1 ticket holders wait in the entrance line and then split them up inside, because when I got in to check-in for P1, there was no one in that line. I don't mind the wait time in the long lines, but the problem here is that the VIXX fan engagement started at 11AM so if I ended up getting one of their events, it is a total waste and worth nothing for me to trade for and it sucks for anyone who actually wants to see VIXX.

So I check-in and I scratch off my fan engagement scratchers and I end up getting: BTS Hi-touch, VIXX Hi-touch (uselss now) , BTS Audience, and Saturday Red carpet. I went to KCON mostly for IU and IU's audience session starts at 12:15 PM so I am scrambling to find them. I got offered multiple times by people to buy my BTS Hi-touch for $100, but I had to decline because I needed an IU one now or else I am gonna be late. Anyway eventually I find someone to trade with, which at face value would be a huge loss, but IU is worth it.

I make my way to the audience session with IU and it was absolutely amazing. There was an MC there by the name of Shin-B to translate and ask questions. During the audience session IU gave the best fan service and spoke English very well and it was adorable. Throughout the session people would wave at her and she would individually smile and wave back. If anyone ever yelled something out, she would respond to it immediately. A bunch of us yelled "I love you IU'!" at the session and she immediately responded with "I love you too!" I was absolutely slayed. Learned that her favorite song that she performs is Friday and that whenever she comes to LA she looks forward to eating In-n-out. Overall the audience session was a good experience. Here is a pic I took there

Next was the red carpet event in which the artists performing for that day would walk down the red carpet to a panel, answer some questions then walk back. I didn't get very good spots for this, but IU did come out and high five people who were close to the rail. I left after IU talked and headed for the concert line.

I had P1 tickets so I had to wait in a special line that let us in early and into basically the front area around the stage. The P1 ticket allows you to freely move around the whole P1 area around the stage even during the concert, although if you were right in the front you would never move, in which I never did. I noticed that the ratio of girls to guys around the P1 area was like 50:1 lol.

The concert was really good and IUs performance was awesome. Every artist did 5 songs and watching the boy groups live I now have an appreciation for them, they really get you hype and into it. I'm not really a picture guy, but here are some pics I took during the concert so you can see how close I was, I am however really sad the IU one didn't turn out too clear:

Funny story about the Baro pic, about a second after the pic he decides to blow a kiss in my direction, every girl around me pretty much went nuts and got slayed and i just felt really awkward. Oh well. Anyway I am looking forward to Day 2, I still have a BTS Audience Session pass, but I have found a trade with someone to get a Spica Hi-touch for it. Hopefully I get an awesome spot for SNSD and Spica. Will update tomorrow if I am not too tired.

No No Eul

Gyuri writes an apologetic letter to Kara's fans concerning the recruitment a new member.

The fact that she doesn't even mention Youngji by name says quite a lot... In allkpop's translation, Gyuri mentions that she had reason to believe that any new member might just be a 'guest' member rather than a full-time 'official' member. Obviously that didn't come to pass, hence she felt the need to apologise.

Good choice!

Can we keep KKS refrigerated?

It's the least he deserves.

KCON Day 1 Recap

Nice one! Glad the whole IU thing worked out in the end.

Minah said:

Jia said:

Eldren

Welcome back, Blablurn. Try not to get too messy in OT again!

Thanks for recap Warren, sounds like it was a great day. I'd heard some horror stories about the queues (4 hours seems to be about average) but at least it was a fun day once you got in. IU sounds amazing! What a sweetheart. Good luck for today, hope you get a good view of SNSD and Spica.

9 and a half minutes of audio from Red Velvet's first fanmeet. Wendy speaks a little English at around 6:50.

A very mini-megapost for Hyejeong's birthday today:
iBvoAjHORl7ai.jpg
iPzk3BzdfFf3a.jpg

ibr7SlAcsuDjNT.jpg
iEV9wTjsdbYuE.jpg

itsVO8FfWVTbj.jpg
ibz6mNNwefAY2S.jpg

ibbB7TnsKCwyKI.jpg

And a wallpaper
iDk0LOC7sbWrU.jpg

Pendulum

Thanks to our man on the scene, Warren.

----

BTS (Bangtan Boys) is hosting a free stream of their pre-release track, "Let Me Know", for the next 24 hours!

The group warned that the stream will be taken down after that time, and fans will have to wait until the official release of "Dark & Wild" to hear it again.

Listen to it on BTS' official website here

Someone doesn't know how the internet works.

----

A shame they had to cut out 30 secs or so.

Seulgi's last bow cracks me up

Top Bottom